[DEAD] BB RZ Coupon - 30% off Blu-ray Movie $34.99 & under [11/5/10 - 11/14/10]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Valid 11/5/10–11/14/10 for Reward Zone® program Regular & Premier Silver members only in Best Buy® stores

PROMOTIONAL - 30% off regular priced Blu-ray Movie $34.99 & under

Premier Silver Member: Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1242461

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/premier-1242461.html

Regular Member: Show your phone & this code to cashier: 1242489

http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/core-1242489.html

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Not valid with any other coupons or offers. Only available on Blu-ray formats. Excludes Avatar on Blu-ray. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Limit of 3 items per coupon. Valid on in store and in stock items only. Valid only at Best Buy stores in the U.S.A.; excludes stores in Puerto Rico. Not valid at Best Buy Express Kiosks. Online and in-store offer may vary. Not valid on any BestBuy.com order, including store pickup. Best Buy employees are not eligible for this promotion. No dealers. No copies. No cash back. No cash value. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. Coupon valid 11/5/10–11/14/10. JS2

Cashier Instructions: Enter coupon UPC. Scan all product(s) being sold. Press "Total."

BEST BUY, the BEST BUY logo, the tag design, BESTBUY.COM, REWARD ZONE and MAGNOLIA HOME THEATER are trademarks of BBY Solutions, Inc. All other trademarks or trade names are properties of their respective owners. BBY1110006-1 © 2010 Best Buy. All Rights Reserved.

More Coupons - http://m.bestbuy.com/mobile/coupons/coupon-rz.html

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='51jack']apparently that V steelbook is getting pretty rare and oop, only 4000 were made.[/QUOTE]

That can't possibly be true. There are, like, 850 Best Buy stores in the US. Are you saying that each store only got in 4 or 5 copies? Not buying it.

I saw that V steelbook, it was 39.99, forgive me I'm sure it's been said...but how are you guys getting them to override the coupon?

I want to get the Pacific for $40..well, I guess it depends on how much it is this week..if it's up to 99.99, not even considering it.

[quote name='sp00ge']Got shot down trying to use the 30% coupon on TS3 and Kick-Ass Combo at one BB. I had my girlfriend go in at the one by our house and like a charm, she walks out with both movies for $19 after coupons and $5 RZ cert. I think I need to get myself a pair of tits. :D[/QUOTE] LOL sounds like you already got a pair that works ;)

EDIT: As far as the V steelbook, it's on sale at $34.99 not $39.99 for at least another hour IIRC...I couldn't pull the trigger since it's only 12 episodes and for me personally it was a huge disappointment (even with the freakish hot Anna and her super hot daughter) relative to the original. Even at ~$2 per episode on blu with the coupon, the show was pretty "meh" for the first half dozen episodes. I gave up prior to the second half of the first season when it came back on. I miss the BeastMaster, Michael Ironside and Freddie Kruger fucking the V's up.

[quote name='chuckywang']That can't possibly be true. There are, like, 850 Best Buy stores in the US. Are you saying that each store only got in 4 or 5 copies? Not buying it.[/QUOTE]

yep, Its also not possible to buy it online, its only avaiable for store pickup. There's only one store left carrying it out of the 5-6 in my area. The max any store got was 5-6 and a lot of stores only got one. Good luck trying to find a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the V steelbook. I'm kind of mad I didn't pick it up. Now I have to decide if it's worth the extra 5.00 for something that is potentially collectible down the road.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I saw the V steelbook. I'm kind of mad I didn't pick it up. Now I have to decide if it's worth the extra 5.00 for something that is potentially collectible down the road.[/QUOTE]

id jump on it, i feel like the resale value on this thing or collect-ability is gonna be great, like the watchmen ultimate cut x10 you know?

There were 2 Blu Steelbook and I only bought one with the coupon. I am kind off regretting I didn't get the other one for trading.

[quote name='51jack']id jump on it, i feel like the resale value on this thing or collect-ability is gonna be great, like the watchmen ultimate cut x10 you know?[/QUOTE]

x10? Watchmen UCE sold for $40-$45 on release week and is now going for about double on eBay (and that's at a high - most are in the $60 range). That's twice it's previous 'sale' price and will likely drop once Warner dumps the 10-15k copies that are sitting in a warehouse gathering dust.

Terminator S1 came out in Steelbook form as well. It's commanding nothing extra over the previous price of it. S2 never came out in Steelbook form...most likely the same thing will happen with V: Season 2 (after it gets canceled, of course).

Anyone buying movies to 'resell' at a later date should just stop. Rarely do these things appreciate in value, and the V Steelbook will NOT be one of them. Even with only a 4000 print run, this is not a highly collectible film/TV show and will only demand money from Steelbook collectors. I'm actually surprised to see this going for $50 on eBay, but people were paying $75 for a metal diecast car from Supernatural a few months back (now going for $25). Sell NOW if you want to make money.

[quote name='Jodou']Fact of the matter is they lost a sale today and it's not like they're going to sell out given the rows of copies they had. Instead of the company making money, they have nothing from me. The deal works for other people without an override, so no rules need to be bent or broken. In fact, if you cut out the coupon it doesn't say anywhere on the fine print that it can't be combined so it was my fault for giving them a complete sheet and making them think too much.

Bottomline is there's a reason why Walmart continues to thrive and post billion dollar gains annually: the customer is always right.[/QUOTE]

They lost money because you couldn't get it for 30% off $25 plus another $8? Do you think they pay $1 for these movies? Movies are considered loss-leaders for a reason there is not much profit in them and they are there to get you in the door to buy other things.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Picked up V SteelBook, The Killers, Brothers, and From Paris with Love. Hot Latina doesn't even care, she punches the code and it worked on these items. Paid $10 each for the $13 ones and $24ish on V SteelBook.

Thats right! In your face GizmoGC.[/QUOTE]

As I've said, YMMV. Congratulations, you got an employee who couldn't read and/or didn't care. Its obviously not going to work for everyone (as this thread, and many others, are proof of this).

[quote name='GizmoGC']As I've said, YMMV. Congratulations, you got an employee who couldn't read and/or didn't care. Its obviously not going to work for everyone (as this thread, and many others, are proof of this).[/QUOTE]

I think employees do care but if they are good employees they will try the coupon if you ask them too. Both of the employees I spoke to said it wouldn't work and one was a bitch, if she would've just said it nicely it would've been fine. The other cashier was nice about it and was willing to try it even tho she thought it wouldn't work and was even glad that I asked her to try it.

Almost got rejected. I don't know what it is, but the cashiers at my bestbuy always seem unaware of these cell phone coupons, like they didn't know the company did it. Anyway, the girl seemed unsure of what to do, despite the instructions to enter the code. She called a manager that couldn't come right away, so some girl next to her looked at it and just told her to enter the code. She wouldn't do it twice so I got her to do two transactions.

Got Watchmen Director's Cut for $11.46 and Kick-Ass for $9.93 after tax.:)

Picked up these Blu-Rays with 30% Off:

- Toy Story 3 (with $8 coupon)
- Robocop Trilogy (with $5 coupon)
- Kick-Ass
- The Killers

Cashier was confused about the 30% Off code so she called a manager, but the manager just wrung it up for me no problem!

Thanks iNCREDIPINOY!

You the best Best Buy CAG dude eva!

11.07 for the Toy Story 3 four disc edition is awesome. Thanks BB for saving the day since TRU somewhat failed us.
Also picked up The Bank Job for 5.XX after coupon. Not bad. They had a bunch of 7.99 films but nothing I was too interested in. I'm hoping next Sunday we get some hot sales since the coupon expires on the 14th.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Anyone tried these coupon on Blu-ray player, PS Move or PS3? Wishful thinking. :D[/QUOTE]

Lol if that coupon allowed the PS3 to get knocked down by 30%...best buy corp would be pissed at the programmers who made that coupon. Whenever a system (any) is brought up to the register...LP is watching that transaction carefully.

Ha, slipped my mind that even though the coupons would still be active today, TS3 would be off sale. Oh well, that's $11 saved towards BF deals.

Quick question: for those using this on multiple blus, is the CSR generally aware that the code needs to be entered once for each blu, or are people in this thread reminding him/her?

I tried using this coupon in combination with my $8 Upgrade2Blu coupons for the two Narnia movies, but the coupons rang up as "invalid." The cashier said it was because it would be double-dipping. I would have thought that these coupons would have worked the same way as the Toy Story 3 coupon. Is anyone having an issue with those?

I was hoping to get them for $9.49 each ($24.99 - 30% - $8).

I ended up going to Walmart next door and picking them up there for $12 each instead. (Walmart has the 2-disc Blu-ray + DVD combos for $20.00.)

Now that I think about it, she said they had to ring up the items on separate orders to have the 30% off work, and she might have scanned the coupon for the wrong movie. Maybe I'll try again later (I printed out two copies of the coupons.)

Hmm ... I've always seen Best Buy cashiers manual enter manufacturer coupons. I don't think their system recognizes manufacturer coupons when you scan them.

[quote name='chuckywang']Hmm ... I've always seen Best Buy cashiers manual enter manufacturer coupons. I don't think their system recognizes manufacturer coupons when you scan them.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Manufacturer coupons never ring up at BB.

M

True on manufacturer coupons not ringing up. Needed an override last week on Toy Story 3. Anyway, got this to work today on my second store. First one, cashier was clueless and called a manager. Dumb bitch, just enter the code thats all you gotta do! He sounded shocked that such a code existed when he proclaimed "30% off?!" Immediately said no since my copy of Predators was on sale for 19.99. I told him it worked, just to key it in and try, but he said the discount off the 29.99 price was already greater than the coupon value so I'd be losing by using that instead. Whatever idiot. Next store, the cashier was super green and was about to call a manager again, but I told him all he had to do was enter the number, and he seemed more willing to try than to look clueless in front of his boss by asking for assistance, so he did it. Code took, but discount didn't come off, he looked puzzled, so I just said to total me out, and bam, 13.99 for Predators. That's much more my price range for this movie.

So this has been confirmed working on BRD over $35? I was thinking of getting Human Target Season 1 for $39.99 list price (and maybe also picking up a copy of TREMORS and Scott Pilgrim while I'm at it). :)

Used it Saturday for My Bloody Valentine 3D 6.99 out the door. Im surprised at how well the 3d works with the Trioscope glasses. Its funny if you wear them for a while when u take em off your eyes still see the green/red for a bit

Just used it on Scott Pilgrim. Took the 30% off the sale price even (26.99 not the 29.99 regular) and thanks to a rewards zone certificate walked out with it for $4! She did hand me the coupon back for some reason...as if I could use it again

Aye, just got Scott Pilgrim as well (this was the snail mail coupon, not the phone). The manager standing there said it wouldn't work because it was on sale -- I mentioned that people online were successful but I'd go with whatever the system popped up. She seemed kinda irked it worked.

Ok, would I be able to get a price adjustment on a bluray that I bought three weeks if I show them the coupon/code?

[quote name='ryosnk']Ok, would I be able to get a price adjustment on a bluray that I bought three weeks if I show them the coupon/code?[/QUOTE]

It'd be easier to just rebuy with the coupon and return it with the first receipt.

How does the coupon need to be presented? Can I just send the image of the coupon via e-mail to myself and show them it via my Android phone, or would it be easier just printing the image of the coupon out and present it that way?

Thanks!

[quote name='Scorch']So it DOES take the 30% off of the $26.99 price for Scott Pilgrim?[/QUOTE]

Yep, worked for me this morning. Went from $26.99 to $18.89 with the coupon. The guy was all like, "this may not work but I will try it any way."

Had to fight through the crowds of Call of Duty gamers to get my Scott Pilgrim and Doctor Who fix, that was real fun. But, I had $50 in RZ certificates and Doctor Who was only $5.39 after tax (had them ring it up buy itself to take full advantage of the savings).

I was really annoyed that none of the Best Buy's in the area received any copies of Sherlock on either DVD or Blu Ray. Bad form, BB, bad form.

I didn't have any problems with it. Between this weeks sale, the 30% coupon, and a reward zone certificate, it came out to $15.62 for me (the certificate was split between that and a cd)

[quote name='bizman316']Can you get multiple movies with this or only 1?[/QUOTE]

Limit is 3 movies at $34.99 and under according to the back of the coupon.

I got denied again. Seems that the staff at my local BB are up to date on these coupons. I wonder if they can manually revert back to sale price if I ask them to. Especially since this coupon is better off than their sale price.

M

I just got back from Best Buy not too long ago and the coupon worked for me on Scott Pilgrim at the $26.99 'sale' price.
I just showed them my phone with the txt/code on it and the cashier entered the percent off.
Manager had to come over and override it, but no hassle and no questions asked. Total after discount and $5 rz certificate came to $13.89

I'm going to try tonight. I don't like my best buy in the Pittsburgh Mills. They have the rudest employees of any Best Buy I have ever been too. I doubt it will work but it is worth a try.

[quote name='bizman316']I'm going to try tonight. I don't like my best buy in the Pittsburgh Mills. They have the rudest employees of any Best Buy I have ever been too. I doubt it will work but it is worth a try.[/QUOTE]

That's the one I got shot down at Saturday night when I tried to get TS3 and Kick-Ass. The girl didn't even scan the coupon, but claimed it wouldn't work. We stopped at the Greensburg store on the way home and my GF got them to do it without a single hassle.

I'm gonna try the one in Ross (Pittsburgh) as soon as I get a chance, for Scott Pilgrim. They're not too bad most of the time for stuff like this.

I would probably have more luck at the best buy in Monroeville. They are always nice and customer friendly. I never have problems with them. That sucks that you tried the mills. If they say something I'll just tell them to try it anyways and see what they say. :D

I went in today to pick up Predators and Spirit, both on sale this week ($20 and $10). It did take 30% off Predators, but not off spirit, even though the coupon said up to three items. I'll try to go back and get it adjusted later on tonight.

Coupon worked fine on today's release of Superman/Shazam release...but I dunno ...might have a buyers regret on this one.

I used it for Scott Pilgrim BD/DVD today in Willow Grove. Came to $20.02 including tax which was less than I expected! Cashier had to get it ok'ed by the cashier manager(walked away holding my phone!) but then she keyed it in! Thanks for the heads up OP!

@blackandbluehero I was going to run up to Willow Grove myself after work. I also got the same coupon in the mail for Silver Reward Zone Members as well.

bread's done
Back