[DEAD]BB Sept @Gamer Mag $10 Brink OR Hunted:TDF, $30 D:SF $40 Rise of Nightmares

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Current Sales
:360: Rise of Nightmares $39.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3: Driver: San Francisco $29.99 after $10 coupon
:360::ps3::wii: Tiger Woods PGA 12 The Masters $39.99/$29.99 after $20 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Brink $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Hunted: Demon Forge $9.99 after $20/$10 coupon
:pc: Razer Naga Epic Mouse $119.99 after $10 coupon
:pc: Tritton Headsets $49.99/$109.99/$149.99 after $20 coupon
:ps3: Move Controller $39.99 after $10 coupon

General Info
Thanks + credit to AcidRain25

Battlefield 3 VS MW3 is on the cover: coupons live from 8/28-10-/1

$5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

Previous 2 months coupons for those who may not think the $15 sub is worth it [1,2]

Link provided for those who still have issues getting stores to allow the coupons to stack, BB Corp response
Link for any issues that take place month to month

****The coupons stack w/SALES PRICES****
****Price Matching DOES NOT STACK w/@gamer coupons****
****Even my VERY VERY generous local BB's will say no 1 or the other****

So when a $30 game like Brink goes on sale for $20 stacking the coupon makes the final price $10.. I'll update the OP as sales change & the title will reflect the lowest price AFTER COUPON has been taken off.

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW.. Great Price for Driver.. that game is fucking great.. LOVE IT.. great graphics and really fun.. Look at all the ratings for it if you dont believe me. Easy Achievements/trophies.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Just checked Best Buy online. Driver:SF is on sale right now for 39.99.[/QUOTE]

WTF?!?! Sumthin feeeeshy goin on...........

Or it could just be BB incompetence.............. again. The coupons ARE supposed to stack on top of sale prices, this changed as of 6/1.

ok, don't laugh at me! I didn't keep track of the new Gamer's Club changes thread, but I really need to get in on some of these deals..what is the skinny? Like If I go in-store and 'convert' or whatever to this new plan, do I a) pay something out of pocket then and there, and b) get to take a magazine either for free or b/c I paid a fee?

I could totally be into Driver for $30 even though I told myself $20..

I might try to pick it up tonight. If it doesn't work, I'll give it a few days. Maybe the coupon needs to be put back into the system to work with the sale...who knows. I know I have used coupons on sale prices, in fact, I do all the time and never have a problem.

[quote name='j_j']will use the BB Sept $10 Driver coupon for $29.99 xbox game, thanks![/QUOTE]
I'm waiting on a few more success stories before trying to get it for $30. So far we have 1 person who said it didn't stack.

[quote name='klimb22']I'm waiting on a few more success stories before trying to get it for $30. So far we have 1 person who said it didn't stack.[/QUOTE]

It will stack. They work on sale prices. Its posted over on the various threads of the Best buy fourms...

The only thing that would be worrisome here is if the online price is only online until Sunday (when the ad goes live) and therefore you can use the coupon but have a hard time with a PM

[quote name='BrandonJF']He scanned the coupon about 3 times. Then he went and got a manager and scanned it again. The manager said it wouldn't work since it was on sale - I tried to use the logic that Hunter was also on sale and the coupon worked and that's when they scanned Hunted again and showed me it was not on sale (no asterisk next to it in the POS).

He also rang up Hunted and Driver separately, so there was no issue with multiple coupons in one transaction.[/QUOTE]

Is it possible Driver is not on sale in stores this week (it's officially next wee) but is instead a price match of their website? Which would negate the coupon. YOu can't stack coupons on top of a price match.

(BB and BB.com are two different entities.)

[quote name='klimb22']I'm waiting on a few more success stories before trying to get it for $30. So far we have 1 person who said it didn't stack.[/QUOTE]
The back of the coupon says "markdowns taken from regular prices" does not specfically say excludes sales so could be open to interpretation :lol:.
I'll give it try and post.

[quote name='joshnorm']It will stack. They work on sale prices. Its posted over on the various threads of the Best buy fourms...

[/QUOTE]

No, it doesn't. Provide a link to where someone bought Driver for $39.99 at Best Buy and the $10 coupon scanned. Again - was just there. It doesn't stack in the POS.

The link posted earlier in this thread has zero mention of Driver. You can see some discussion where some internal memo (which is now old) said something should stack with a sale.

If it's SUPPOSED to stack, then their POS isn't working. Either way, as of TODAY, you're not going to get the $10 off coupon to stack with Driver without getting a clerk to override it.

[quote name='confoosious']Is it possible Driver is not on sale in stores this week (it's officially next wee) but is instead a price match of their website? Which would negate the coupon. YOu can't stack coupons on top of a price match.

(BB and BB.com are two different entities.)[/QUOTE]

It's not a price match. Driver rings up for $39.99 in store. The receipt actually says:

34589 39.99*
ER SAN FRANCISCO
99 20.00 SALE DISC

By the way, this was the PS3 version.

[quote name='token2k6']ok, don't laugh at me! I didn't keep track of the new Gamer's Club changes thread, but I really need to get in on some of these deals..what is the skinny? Like If I go in-store and 'convert' or whatever to this new plan, do I a) pay something out of pocket then and there, and b) get to take a magazine either for free or b/c I paid a fee?

I could totally be into Driver for $30 even though I told myself $20..[/QUOTE]

A) If you didn't have the magazine prior, you pay $15 out of pocket to sign up for magazine sub + 10% extra on trade-ins + 10% preown.
B) They give you your first issue in-store as part of A

[quote name='jr1016']Driver SF for $30. Too bad my backlog is too long.[/QUOTE]There's other reasons to buy now like $28 x 60%=$44.80
https://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?kw=Driver:+San+Francisco&pf=all

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Driver for $30 isn't bad. Was really hoping for a Rise of Nightmares drop before 10/1. Damn thing will probably go on sale on account of Halloween too.[/QUOTE]Rise of the nightmares sold like 17,000 it'll be $20 fast.

[quote name='kingkiller33']seems like 50% off MSRP two weeks after release date is the new norm. People are insane to pay $60 bucks for a game now.[/QUOTE]WRONG!!! this works perfectly in the customers favor look at Deus Ex, if you got it @ BB day 1 you paid $60 + $10 credit, then it was $35 like 2 weeks later I think at TRU. So after a pm you got the cheapest price + $10 credit & if you finished with the game fast your TIV could be more than you paid
https://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?kw=Deus+ex&pf=all

[quote name='BrandonJF']He scanned the coupon about 3 times. Then he went and got a manager and scanned it again. The manager said it wouldn't work since it was on sale - I tried to use the logic that Hunter was also on sale and the coupon worked and that's when they scanned Hunted again and showed me it was not on sale (no asterisk next to it in the POS).

He also rang up Hunted and Driver separately, so there was no issue with multiple coupons in one transaction.[/QUOTE]I already made a post on the forums page which I'll link to each upcoming months OP that way when there's issues they can be addressed quickly.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ring-gamer-mag-coupon-issues/m-p/331938#M1754

[quote name='krashhole']Head up if you are wanting Hunted. Amazon has it for $16.99 right now.[/QUOTE]better off getting the sub + the game if possible otherwise after spending on 2 months mags you'll be "chasing" instead of enjoying prolonged savings.

[quote name='Enuf']There's other reasons to buy now like $28 x 60%=$44.80
https://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?kw=Driver:+San+Francisco&pf=all

Rise of the nightmares sold like 17,000 it'll be $20 fast.

WRONG!!! this works perfectly in the customers favor look at Deus Ex, if you got it @ BB day 1 you paid $60 + $10 credit, then it was $35 like 2 weeks later I think at TRU. So after a pm you got the cheapest price + $10 credit & if you finished with the game fast your TIV could be more than you paid
https://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?kw=Deus+ex&pf=all

I already made a post on the forums page which I'll link to each upcoming months OP that way when there's issues they can be addressed quickly.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ring-gamer-mag-coupon-issues/m-p/331938#M1754

better off getting the sub + the game if possible otherwise after spending on 2 months mags you'll be "chasing" instead of enjoying prolonged savings.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but how is your post on the Best Buy forums going to provide us with any assistance when the coupon clearly states it doesn't stack with sale prices which this would be? In looking back at your previous posts, it looks like that prior decision to let the coupons stack was not necessarily permanent, but a temporary accomodation possibly to boost subscriptions prior to the change over in the Gamers Club and yet I keep seeing you post that people need to report stores that don't break the policies printed on the coupon. I'm sorry, but while I love a glitch as much as the next person, there is a fine line between being a deal seeker and abusing the system by constantly complaining and encouraging people to take advantage of non-existent deals. I'm sure that if enough people keep doing price adjustments while still getting pre-order bonuses, flipping Best Buy it's own games and demanding coupon stacking instead of just getting the occasional glitch to work, we will lose those privileges and discounts just like we lost the $10 for $150 Gamer's Club bonus. But please, keep encouraging CAGs to be unprofitable consumers to Best Buy because all that matters is the next deal, right?

Except BB's magazine only rarely has stuff even worth chasing the coupons for. This is the first batch of coupons I've seen in months that have been worth the effort, and that's just because I wanted Hunted.

By the way, I recommended Hunted earlier. I have to temper that recommendation now. It's fun but not really all THAT fun. So many great ideas went into it but the overall product was a bit of a mess.

[quote name='bojay1997']I'm sorry, but how is your post on the Best Buy forums going to provide us with any assistance when the coupon clearly states it doesn't stack with sale prices which this would be? In looking back at your previous posts, it looks like that prior decision to let the coupons stack was not necessarily permanent, but a temporary accomodation possibly to boost subscriptions prior to the change over in the Gamers Club and yet I keep seeing you post that people need to report stores that don't break the policies printed on the coupon. I'm sorry, but while I love a glitch as much as the next person, there is a fine line between being a deal seeker and abusing the system by constantly complaining and encouraging people to take advantage of non-existent deals. I'm sure that if enough people keep doing price adjustments while still getting pre-order bonuses, flipping Best Buy it's own games and demanding coupon stacking instead of just getting the occasional glitch to work, we will lose those privileges and discounts just like we lost the $10 for $150 Gamer's Club bonus. But please, keep encouraging CAGs to be unprofitable consumers to Best Buy because all that matters is the next deal, right?[/QUOTE]You obviously DIDN'T read the post where it's not me but Kyle who is requesting the stores that don't follow protocol(Allan has also made the same request)
"Continue to let us know of any stores you might be having difficulties with though."
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...estion/td-p/307388/page/3?device-view=desktop
As for how/why the coupons started stacking or the mystery purpose I dunno I just post as much info as possible. It's was also made clear that even though it says they don't work on sale prices they should be. Since when is the $10 for spending $150 a glitch or exploit? Making posts there has helped several CAG's in the past so that's why I do it.

[quote name='BrandonJF']No, it doesn't. Provide a link to where someone bought Driver for $39.99 at Best Buy and the $10 coupon scanned. Again - was just there. It doesn't stack in the POS.

The link posted earlier in this thread has zero mention of Driver. You can see some discussion where some internal memo (which is now old) said something should stack with a sale.

If it's SUPPOSED to stack, then their POS isn't working. Either way, as of TODAY, you're not going to get the $10 off coupon to stack with Driver without getting a clerk to override it.[/QUOTE]

Wow, someone is bitter aren't they. My suggestion besides get over your hurt feelings is maybe just try on Sunday when its in the ad officially. Hell Enuf posted on the Best Buy form which would bring it to their attention.

[quote name='Enuf']You obviously DIDN'T read the post where it's not me but Kyle who is requesting the stores that don't follow protocol(Allan has also made the same request)
"Continue to let us know of any stores you might be having difficulties with though."
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Re...estion/td-p/307388/page/3?device-view=desktop
As for how/why the coupons started stacking or the mystery purpose I dunno I just post as much info as possible. It's was also made clear that even though it says they don't work on sale prices they should be. Since when is the $10 for spending $150 a glitch or exploit? Making posts there has helped several CAG's in the past so that's why I do it.[/QUOTE]

Look, I appreciate you posting info about deals and potential deals here. Having said that, you have become quite aggressive in promoting some kind of personal agenda where people are being encouraged to repeatedly complain if Best Buy doesn't honor what some random community connection (i.e. paid customer service person who has minimal decision making authority) person says should be happening. You have posted in several threads including this one that if a local Best Buy doesn't honor stacking, we should call or e-mail and complain. Here is an exact quote from you from a couple of pages back - "Any stores not honoring them by refusing to scan them needs to be reported so the issue can be addressed." No mention of Kyle or anyone else, just you encouraging a particular type of action.

According to the thread you just linked me to, the head of Reward Zone (Andrew) stated to at least one person that complained that as far as coupon stacking, it's still up to each store manager's discretion and the stores don't have to deviate from what's printed on the coupons or what the POS system does. Here is what that post said on the BB forums:

"But, to my understanding from Andrew, for this particular coupon I had trouble with it is for each store's discresion. Meaning it depends on which manager you get that day and if that manager is in a good mood to honor the coupon or not. I understood what he was trying to tell me but it's unfortunate that not every store in the company can take the same stance on the same issue either one way or the other."

That's Best Buy's policy on many things including matching Amazon.com or other Internet retailers. Believe it or not, Best Buy managers do have some discretion as long as there isn't a posted policy in the store or on the web or a state or local law against whatever they are doing. They can also refuse to sell to any customer per company policy. Does it make it confusing for consumers? Yes. Is it a great way to do things? Probably not. Is it how Best Buy does things? Yes.

The $10 for $150 isn't a glitch, but it is dead and gone. That's my point. If you keep repeatedly flipping Best Buy sale games to Best Buy, doing multiple price adjustments, arguing some nuance of policy with Best Buy every time you go in to get a greater discount, you are going to force an already weak company verging on bankruptcy into elminating a lot of these benefits and potentially shutting down for good. For every person that posts in this thread, there are dozens and dozens more who lurk but still may follow your direction. I would just encourage you to be more neutral and factual in your posts and not repeatedly make claims about what a local Best Buy should or has to be doing when it's just not accurate.

OK. Was just in my BB and the price listed was $59.99, NOT $39.99. Since June, I've used the coupons successfully on a TON of sales without a problem, so I'm just gonna wait until Sunday and see what happens.

[quote name='joshnorm']Wow, someone is bitter aren't they. My suggestion besides get over your hurt feelings is maybe just try on Sunday when its in the ad officially. Hell Enuf posted on the Best Buy form which would bring it to their attention.[/QUOTE]

You might want to go check out a dictionary and look up the word "bitter".

My whole point in posting was to let people know that what was stated earlier in this thread is not true so they don't need to waste their time. Some people - like me - might end up spending $5 to buy a magazine to get a $10 coupon which they then can't use based on misinformation in this thread. I mean, the promise of Driver for $30 in the thread title is what got me to click on it in the first place... it's very much YMMV as far as if a clerk will do the override. For those who find it unbelievable that this might actually be true, I'd suggest asking a cashier to scan the coupon before you buy the magazine specifically for it...

Or, if you think it somehow becomes less "on sale" next week when it's "on sale" for the same price, then good luck.... Maybe next week 39.99 will become the actual new MSRP and it won't be considered on sale.

[quote name='nuuuuj']OK. Was just in my BB and the price listed was $59.99, NOT $39.99. Since June, I've used the coupons successfully on a TON of sales without a problem, so I'm just gonna wait until Sunday and see what happens.[/QUOTE]
You say "listed" at $59.99. Did you actually have the game scanned at the register?

[quote name='nuuuuj']OK. Was just in my BB and the price listed was $59.99, NOT $39.99. Since June, I've used the coupons successfully on a TON of sales without a problem, so I'm just gonna wait until Sunday and see what happens.[/QUOTE]

The price was listed on the divider card as $59.99 at my BB, too. Had you actually taken any copy to any employee and had them do a price check, you would've seen it rings up at 39.99.

Just a heads up...rolled into Best Buy with my $10 Driver coupon and got shut down at the register. She scanned it, but it was taking off ZERO. She said it probably was due to the game being on sale for 39.99. One of the supervisors (not a manager) that knows I shop there often came over and checked it out, then told her to just take $10 off. I explained that I had used a few of these coupons recently on sale items and never had any problem. Anyway, it looks like the coupon isn't stacking right now without an override. Maybe on Sunday this will change, but my local BB only had one copy of Driver left in stock, so I didn't want to wait. Kicked in my $5 rewards coupon to get it for $24.99 plus tax.

[quote name='bojay1997']Look, I appreciate you posting info about deals and potential deals here. Having said that, you have become quite aggressive in promoting some kind of personal agenda where people are being encouraged to repeatedly complain if Best Buy doesn't honor what some random community connection (i.e. paid customer service person who has minimal decision making authority) person says should be happening. You have posted in several threads including this one that if a local Best Buy doesn't honor stacking, we should call or e-mail and complain. Here is an exact quote from you from a couple of pages back - "Any stores not honoring them by refusing to scan them needs to be reported so the issue can be addressed." No mention of Kyle or anyone else, just you encouraging a particular type of action.

According to the thread you just linked me to, the head of Reward Zone (Andrew) stated to at least one person that complained that as far as coupon stacking, it's still up to each store manager's discretion and the stores don't have to deviate from what's printed on the coupons or what the POS system does. Here is what that post said on the BB forums:

The $10 for $150 isn't a glitch, but it is dead and gone. That's my point. If you keep repeatedly flipping Best Buy sale games to Best Buy, doing multiple price adjustments, arguing some nuance of policy with Best Buy every time you go in to get a greater discount, you are going to force an already weak company verging on bankruptcy into elminating a lot of these benefits and potentially shutting down for good. For every person that posts in this thread, there are dozens and dozens more who lurk but still may follow your direction. I would just encourage you to be more neutral and factual in your posts and not repeatedly make claims about what a local Best Buy should or has to be doing when it's just not accurate.[/QUOTE]

Not to fuel the flames of whatever argument is going on here, but I have been told by at least two store employees in the video game department, one a manager, that a memo from corporate was sent out stating specifically that @Gamer coupons would now work with sale prices. It is very possible that the POS system just wasn't configured properly.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Not to fuel the flames of whatever argument is going on here, but I have been told by at least two store employees in the video game department, one a manager, that a memo from corporate was sent out stating specifically that @Gamer coupons would now work with sale prices. It is very possible that the POS system just wasn't configured properly.[/QUOTE]
I guess the POS system didn't get that memo for the Driver coupon.:lol:

[quote name='bojay1997']Look, I appreciate you posting info about deals and potential deals here. Having said that, you have become quite aggressive in promoting some kind of personal agenda where people are being encouraged to repeatedly complain if Best Buy doesn't honor what some random community connection (i.e. paid customer service person who has minimal decision making authority) person says should be happening. You have posted in several threads including this one that if a local Best Buy doesn't honor stacking, we should call or e-mail and complain. Here is an exact quote from you from a couple of pages back - "Any stores not honoring them by refusing to scan them needs to be reported so the issue can be addressed." No mention of Kyle or anyone else, just you encouraging a particular type of action.

"But, to my understanding from Andrew, for this particular coupon I had trouble with it is for each store's discresion. Meaning it depends on which manager you get that day and if that manager is in a good mood to honor the coupon or not. I understood what he was trying to tell me but it's unfortunate that not every store in the company can take the same stance on the same issue either one way or the other."

That's Best Buy's policy on many things including matching Amazon.com or other Internet retailers. Believe it or not, Best Buy managers do have some discretion as long as there isn't a posted policy in the store or on the web or a state or local law against whatever they are doing. They can also refuse to sell to any customer per company policy. Does it make it confusing for consumers? Yes. Is it a great way to do things? Probably not. Is it how Best Buy does things? Yes.

The $10 for $150 isn't a glitch, but it is dead and gone. That's my point. If you keep repeatedly flipping Best Buy sale games to Best Buy, doing multiple price adjustments, arguing some nuance of policy with Best Buy every time you go in to get a greater discount, you are going to force an already weak company verging on bankruptcy into elminating a lot of these benefits and potentially shutting down for good. For every person that posts in this thread, there are dozens and dozens more who lurk but still may follow your direction. I would just encourage you to be more neutral and factual in your posts and not repeatedly make claims about what a local Best Buy should or has to be doing when it's just not accurate.[/QUOTE]

How is enuf giving false info? Gamer coupons have staked for months, they aren't going to suddenly stop out of the blue for no reason. It sounds like your being impatient, the ad doesn't even go live till sunday, probably just a glitch or something, many people have stacked, so they stack, they've stacked for months, and they will probably still stack. Just because you failed doesn't mean the stacking is over

The $10 for $150 isn't a glitch, but it is dead and gone. That's my point. If you keep repeatedly flipping Best Buy sale games to Best Buy, doing multiple price adjustments, arguing some nuance of policy with Best Buy every time you go in to get a greater discount, you are going to force an already weak company verging on bankruptcy into elminating a lot of these benefits and potentially shutting down for good. For every person that posts in this thread, there are dozens and dozens more who lurk but still may follow your direction. I would just encourage you to be more neutral and factual in your posts and not repeatedly make claims about what a local Best Buy should or has to be doing when it's just not accurate.[/QUOTE]You don't have to go back in the thread it's in the OP, if you pay attention I post issues on the forums page to help CAG's get results. Unlike some I don't just bitch/moan I actually act which is why numerous CAG's have pm'd for assistance when issues come up. Also, when I post I link alot to help show/assist of what should be going on based on direct interaction with a Corp rep(s) which I also post. I'm just as active on the BB forums pages as I am here, if you notice you'll see alot of new CAG's there(check the screen names) and alot of times the people who assist request the stores info or make mention to contacting them so they get stuff done right.

[quote name='BrandonJF']My whole point in posting was to let people know that what was stated earlier in this thread is not true so they don't need to waste their time. Some people - like me - might end up spending $5 to buy a magazine to get a $10 coupon which they then can't use based on misinformation in this thread. I mean, the promise of Driver for $30 in the thread title is what got me to click on it in the first place... it's very much YMMV as far as if a clerk will do the override. For those who find it unbelievable that this might actually be true, I'd suggest asking a cashier to scan the coupon before you buy the magazine specifically for it...

Or, if you think it somehow becomes less "on sale" next week when it's "on sale" for the same price, then good luck.... Maybe next week 39.99 will become the actual new MSRP and it won't be considered on sale.[/QUOTE]how did u click on the thread for the $30 Driver but NOT read the OP which still states "$30 next week", I had no idea that the game was going on sale prior to Sunday which is why I still haven't updated the OP. This is the last week the coupons are valid & this is the 1st time there's been an issue of them not stacking w/o override, the main problem was people tryin to use the brink/hunted coupon for both titles.

Wow, I am definitely waiting til Sunday/Monday to pick up Driver. Seems like there's a lot of problems regarding coupon stacking.

[quote name='exceed19']Can anyone post the coupons for BRINK or Hunted, if my damn subscription would come in, I would scan them and post them online.[/QUOTE]
Go to BB and ask them politely if you can just use the coupon out of an in-store copy of the mag to get the game right now while you're waiting for your copy of the mag to arrive in the mail.

It'll definitely help your case if you take the receipt from when they signed you up for the mag/GCU with you though so they know you're not just trying to get a game for $10 w/o buying the mag.

Funny thing is, the week after I did that my subscription copies started showing up.

[quote name='aznhero913']How long is the sale price for driver going to last?

I'd like to pick up my copy sometime this weekend...[/QUOTE]Until next sat. it's in next weeks weekly ad

Out of curiosity, has anyone successully stacked an @gamer coupon on top of a sale w/o override after the new unlocked program started on 9/12? Just wanted to see if the policy changed with the program.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Out of curiosity, has anyone successully stacked an @gamer coupon on top of a sale w/o override after the new unlocked program started on 9/12? Just wanted to see if the policy changed with the program.[/QUOTE]

I contemplated this thought for a moment too and then I realized that BB is not organized enough to change their system while also implementing the new unlocked program. :roll:

Driver does not work in store today with coupon stacking. Got a cool dude, rang up a sub, and he was gonna scan the coupon from a mag and leave it in there. Driver rang up 40, but DID NOT package out. Big cry face! It was hilarious bc I got the whole sale price bit after he hit total.I. tried calling him out on it, but it woulda been stupid to force an override if manager wasn't in the know..maybe it will work 2mrw..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enuf']
how did u click on the thread for the $30 Driver but NOT read the OP which still states "$30 next week", I had no idea that the game was going on sale prior to Sunday which is why I still haven't updated the OP. This is the last week the coupons are valid & this is the 1st time there's been an issue of them not stacking w/o override, the main problem was people tryin to use the brink/hunted coupon for both titles.[/QUOTE]

So.... not sure what your point is. This is CAG. I would expect most to know how retail stores like Best Buy work. They can list prices in a weekly ad that have already been in effect. It's nothing new. Just because Driver is listed in next week's ad doesn't necessarily mean it "goes on sale next week". Obviously. It means it's $39.99 next week. Doesn't mean it's not $39.99 the week before. You seem to be trying to put me down because I didn't follow the false assumptions made in the OP? Ok. Sorry!

All I was trying to do was point out that it didn't stack to give anyone else trying it a heads up. That's it. It really wasn't meant to be so controversial. If this is the first time an on sale game didn't stack, then it's the first time an on sale game didn't stack. I get you had every reason to believe it would based on past history. It doesn't matter. The bottom line is IT DOESN'T STACK. I think most people get that. If some think that maybe Best Buy will take the "on sale" flag off tomorrow when it's actually advertised as "on sale" in their ad, I'll be all ears to read if that happens and I'll go back and use the coupon....

But, from here on out, I'm not sure it's safe to assume Gamer magazine coupons will always stack with sale prices.

[quote name='BrandonJF']So.... not sure what your point is. This is CAG. I would expect most to know how retail stores like Best Buy work. They can list prices in a weekly ad that have already been in effect. It's nothing new. Just because Driver is listed in next week's ad doesn't necessarily mean it "goes on sale next week". Obviously. It means it's $39.99 next week. Doesn't mean it's not $39.99 the week before. You seem to be trying to put me down because I didn't follow the false assumptions made in the OP? Ok. Sorry!

All I was trying to do was point out that it didn't stack to give anyone else trying it a heads up. That's it. It really wasn't meant to be so controversial. If this is the first time an on sale game didn't stack, then it's the first time an on sale game didn't stack. I get you had every reason to believe it would based on past history. It doesn't matter. The bottom line is IT DOESN'T STACK. I think most people get that. If some think that maybe Best Buy will take the "on sale" flag off tomorrow when it's actually advertised as "on sale" in their ad, I'll be all ears to read if that happens and I'll go back and use the coupon....

But, from here on out, I'm not sure it's safe to assume Gamer magazine coupons will always stack with sale prices.[/QUOTE]I definitely don't expect everyone to know how BB works considering the # of repeat questions like "if I buy a game that comes with a gc can I return the item and keep the "free" gc". Bottom line is this I don't personally check every single deal that I post. I use common sense/logic based on what the rules say & what usually happens, when there's an error/problem people post on the thread like the did here. musicjunkie is a BB employee & was the person who leaked the employee newsletter about items stacking, he/she has yet to mention if there's been an amendment to this. Until there's an official statement/proof direct from a BB rep or employee I'll assume everything is stat quo b/c at least there's documentation confirming that they stack.

[quote name='klimb22']I guess the POS system didn't get that memo for the Driver coupon.:lol:[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened with the GoW 3pack. Although the wording on the 3pack was a little more confusing. It happens, hopefully thy fix it.

I can confirm that the Driver coupons are not working with the "unadvertised sale" price. I bought 3 copies tonight and they would not work. The clerk did an override for 3x 10 bucks off without any hassle though, so it was fucking awesome to have a clerk that knew how it was supposed to work and who just did it without me asking.

Obviously, they are supposed to work together, but for some reason it is not working right now. Hopefully it works tomorrow when it's "officially" on sale for 39.99.

[quote name='specter316']It just didn't work. Sorry, I wish You could edit on mobile.[/QUOTE]

So you assumed before you even decided to purchase it or not because I'm waiting confirmation so I can get out the door. I hid the last PS3 copy in case the coupon decides it wants to work today.

bread's done
Back