*DEAD* Circuit City mistake - 5 dollar games!! (YMMV)

suckers.jpg

suckers2.jpg

The guy who rang up my games was cool. He actually urged me to go get some more games and that they had to give it to me at $5 because it's against the rules to charge the customer more than what the computer says. Haha, rock.

Thanks CAG for the heads up.

[quote name='clockworkvictim']Yo, if someone wants to be really nice, PM me and help me get 2 GC games. LOL... I wish I had my goddam license... 1 month thank god.[/quote]

:lol: Yeah, if anyone wants to pick me up Psi-Ops and Dynasty Warriors 4 for any system, I'd pay $20 shipped.

Thank you to everyone who has given me props on this thread.

And, I would like to apologize for being harsh earlier. It just irked me that everyone was flaming me for being "vague". I just assumed you would all be slick and just take advantage of CC's mistake. I never thought anyone would ask them to use a specific package. Sorry about the assumption.

Happy CAGing!! Merry X-Mas!

Luckily, there seems to be little interest in the thread on FW, it hasn't had any replies in over an hour.

I picked up Simpson's Road Rage and Zelda Wind Waker. Thanks for the post

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='clockworkvictim']Yo, if someone wants to be really nice, PM me and help me get 2 GC games. LOL... I wish I had my goddam license... 1 month thank god.[/quote]

:lol: Yeah, if anyone wants to pick me up Psi-Ops and Dynasty Warriors 4 for any system, I'd pay $20 shipped.[/quote]

:lol: I'd pay 20 too :lol:

[quote name='Nephets']OMG, thank you OP. This deal will be mine. Tomorrow, since it's closed up now, can't wait![/quote]

Your local CC may still be open, because of Holiday Hours. Most are open until 9.

[quote name='whydoihavetoregister']Thank you to everyone who has given me props on this thread.

And, I would like to apologize for being harsh earlier. It just irked me that everyone was flaming me for being "vague". I just assumed you would all be slick and just take advantage of CC's mistake. I never thought anyone would ask them to use a specific package. Sorry about the assumption.

Happy CAGing!! Merry X-Mas![/quote]

Great find, OP. You deserve major ups. :)

[quote name='YoshiFan1'][quote name='Nephets']OMG, thank you OP. This deal will be mine. Tomorrow, since it's closed up now, can't wait![/quote]

Your local CC may still be open, because of Holiday Hours. Most are open until 9.[/quote]
:shock:

Really? I'm going to call now...

Anyone from Washington in the Greater Seattle Area manage to have any luck in this deal? If not I will try to coax one of friends to buy some of these games at 4.99.

[quote name='Trakan']
:lol: Yeah, if anyone wants to pick me up Psi-Ops and Dynasty Warriors 4 for any system, I'd pay $20 shipped.[/quote]

You got it, Trakan. If it's still going on tomorrow, I'll get 'em for you. It's the least I can do for a fellow Rammsteiner. :)

I hit 2 CC's in Sacramento, the first on Arden apparently knew about the mistake, but were still idiots. They said no 4.99 is the wrong price they are supposed to be 2 for 15$. Not as good a deal, but 7.50 each is better then 14.99 each after GGC. The selection was crap though. I only wanted Mario Golf and Sonic Adventure 2 and they didn't have either, but a friend of mine got about 6 games he wanted.

Nest I tried the CC by Florin. I guess they went out of business so that was a wasted trip. I'm too lazy to drive out to elk grove just to save 10$. So I don't know what those stores are doing.

I guess I'll drive into town tomorrow to check this out... here's to hoping they don't fix it by then ;)

Although I doubt I can top the twenty-four games I got from the previous deal :p (don't worry lol, they were all unique games for my collection)

[quote name='jimbodan']I hit 2 CC's in Sacramento, the first on Arden apparently knew about the mistake, but were still idiots. They said no 4.99 is the wrong price they are supposed to be 2 for 15$. Not as good a deal, but 7.50 each is better then 14.99 each after GGC. The selection was crap though. I only wanted Mario Golf and Sonic Adventure 2 and they didn't have either, but a friend of mine got about 6 games he wanted.

Nest I tried the CC by Florin. I guess they went out of business so that was a wasted trip. I'm too lazy to drive out to elk grove just to save 10$. So I don't know what those stores are doing.[/quote]

Try the CC by Sunrise Mall (though I'm not sure if Elk Grove is closer to you).

Thanks OP. I got Super Mario Sunshine and Animal Crossing for $10 and some change. I don't think it would have worked though if I didn't know the employee.

Hey OP thanks a lot for the tip about the games. I picked up:
Super Mario Sunshine (GC)
Luigi's Mansion (GC)
Rise to Honor (PS2)
and another copy of GTA Vice City (PS2)

Keep the good work up man.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Wow this thread turned around quickly. Now I'm debating if I should run out right now or not...[/quote]

If your CC is open, go for it. Who knows how long this deal will last?

[quote name='Zoltek99'][quote name='jimbodan']I hit 2 CC's in Sacramento, the first on Arden apparently knew about the mistake, but were still idiots. They said no 4.99 is the wrong price they are supposed to be 2 for 15$. Not as good a deal, but 7.50 each is better then 14.99 each after GGC. The selection was crap though. I only wanted Mario Golf and Sonic Adventure 2 and they didn't have either, but a friend of mine got about 6 games he wanted.

Nest I tried the CC by Florin. I guess they went out of business so that was a wasted trip. I'm too lazy to drive out to elk grove just to save 10$. So I don't know what those stores are doing.[/quote]

Try the CC by Sunrise Mall (though I'm not sure if Elk Grove is closer to you).[/quote]

Thanks for the advice but that one's just about as far and it's going to be way crowded by the mall I imagine. I guess I'll just have to pass on this deal. Hopefully others are having goodluck with it

Wow, I was planning on buying 2 games tomorrow anyway. If the error occurs with the 2 games I want to buy, I'll take them from the register and go get some more. If it doesn't work, no big deal. I'm getting an online adapter for my PS2 so I need some online games.

[quote name='wubb']Didn't work for me at the Fairfax VA Circuit City. (Just got back)[/quote]

I was planning to run out to that one tomorrow! Can you explain why it didn't work for you?

According to the person I spoke with (a general manager, btw), THIS IS NOT A GLITCH. I asked if it was some kind of mistake, but they said it was not a mistake at all. I was able to get 20 games, but they had to be rung up as two separate purchases because of a limit of 12 games per purchase.

The store manager at my local CC was in on it. The girl who was ringing me up was new so he did it for her. The fucking STORE MANAGER!!!!!

Anyways, heres what I got:

GC:

F-Zero GX
ANimal Crossing (w/mem card!)
Zelda: Wind Waker
Mario Golf: TT
Luigi's Mansion

XBOX:

Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Psi-ops
007: Everything or Nothing

PS2:

Manhunt
Jak and Daxter
Jak II
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Simpsons: Hit and Run
Final Fantasy X-2
Kingdom Hearts
Castlevania Lament of Innocence
Sonic Collection +

Thanks OP, you are officially: CAG of the MONTH!

[quote name='video_gamer324']According to the person I spoke with (a general manager, btw), THIS IS NOT A GLITCH. I asked if it was some kind of mistake, but they said it was not a mistake at all. I was able to get 20 games, but they had to be rung up as two separate purchases because of a limit of 12 games per purchase.[/quote]

Any news as to if it will work tommarow for the rest of us :(.

[quote name='btw1217'][quote name='Trakan']

You got it, Trakan. If it's still going on tomorrow, I'll get 'em for you. It's the least I can do for a fellow Rammsteiner. :)[/quote]

If he doesn't get it let me know. I saw a couple of Psi-Ops for PS2 and maybe Xbox. I'm not too sure about DW4. I'll look while I'm at work tomorrow. I hope this deal lasts until the end of the week because I get paid on Thurs. and that means more $5 games for me. :p

[quote name='trustcompany1013']sorry for asking a probably already answered question, but i just don't feel up to searching 12 pages......so are all $20 games now ringing up 2 for $10 or just GH, PC, PH?[/quote]

ALL

[quote name='video_gamer324']According to the person I spoke with (a general manager, btw), THIS IS NOT A GLITCH. I asked if it was some kind of mistake, but they said it was not a mistake at all. I was able to get 20 games, but they had to be rung up as two separate purchases because of a limit of 12 games per purchase.[/quote]
I don't understand how this could not be a glitch. The sunday ad says 2 for $30 meaning $14.99 each. This deal is 2 for $10 or $4.99 each. Kinda intuitively makes sense that it is a numerical error. My guess is this will be dead by Tuesday.

It's definitely a glitch. And this isn't the first time CC has screwed up. I remember when they had an offer where you can get KOTOR for $10 ONLY if you reserve Halo 2. But you could have gotten the game for $10 without reserving at all.

For this deal, the glitch is that it's subtracting $15 instead of making the games $15

What was interesting is that the employee that checked me out today said that they HAVE to sell it to us for $5 because the manager is not allowed to charge the customer more than what the computer checkout says.

[quote name='help1'][quote name='trustcompany1013']sorry for asking a probably already answered question, but i just don't feel up to searching 12 pages......so are all $20 games now ringing up 2 for $10 or just GH, PC, PH?[/quote]

ALL[/quote]

thanks

Thanks to OP and the Indy CAGs. I got Mario Golf GC and Kingdom Hearts for $10.58 total at the 82nd St. store. No questions, no problems.

One of the employees was having a discussion with a manager when I walked in. That employee and another then proceeded to pick out GH games and take them to the front counter, I assume to pay for at the ends of their shifts.

I'd bet this thing is fixed sooner than later.

[quote name='JAMMR'][quote name='video_gamer324']According to the person I spoke with (a general manager, btw), THIS IS NOT A GLITCH. I asked if it was some kind of mistake, but they said it was not a mistake at all. I was able to get 20 games, but they had to be rung up as two separate purchases because of a limit of 12 games per purchase.[/quote]
I don't understand how this could not be a glitch. The sunday ad says 2 for $30 meaning $14.99 each. This deal is 2 for $10 or $4.99 each. Kinda intuitively makes sense that it is a numerical error. My guess is this will be dead by Tuesday.[/quote]

i will definitely be making a visit to my local CC tomorrow morning

thanks OP, and bump all of those fools who belittled you at the start of this thread....hate is usually spilled on to anyone who posts a deal on here that sounds too good to be true and is posted by someone farely new

Well, I'm glad I gave it a go. It seems I was the only customer at my local Circuit City who knew about the deal. I managed to get 007:Agent Under Fire (PS2), Medal of Honor: Frontline (PS2), Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (GC), and Metroid Prime (GC). A nice cashier seemed to know about the $5 deal and was very happy to see me get those games for such a great price.

I attempted to get Super Smash Bros since it's a Player's Choice title, but it wasn't part of the deal unfortunately.

Thanks much OP!!!

Steve A.

My Horde....Thanks OP!

[Microsoft Xbox®]
----------------------------------------------------
Counter-Strike (Microsoft Xbox®)
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Microsoft Xbox®)
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (Microsoft Xbox®)
Soul Calibur II (Microsoft Xbox®)
MechAssault (Microsoft Xbox®)
True Crime: Streets of L.A. (Microsoft Xbox®)
SpyHunter 2 (Microsoft Xbox®)

[Nintendo Gamecube®]
Animal Crossing (w/mem card!) (Nintendo Gamecube®)
F-Zero GX (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Soul Calibur II (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Mario Golf: TT (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Luigi's Mansion (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Pikmin (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Resident Evil (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Resident Evil Zero (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Super Monkey Ball (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Sonic Mega Collection (Nintendo Gamecube®)
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Nintendo Gamecube®)

[PlayStation®2]
Jak and Daxter (PlayStation®2)
Virtua Fighter 4 PS2 (PlayStation®2)
Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution PS2 (PlayStation®2)
Jak II (PlayStation®2)
Soul Calibur II (PlayStation®2)
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando (PlayStation®2)
Final Fantasy X-2 (PlayStation®2)
Castlevania Lament of Innocence (PlayStation®2)
Sonic Collection + (PlayStation®2)
Ace Combat® 04: Shattered Skies (PlayStation®2)
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PlayStation®2)

no go in NJ (for those who have yet to try)...after I got to the register, the CSR said that in order to get the 2 for $30 deal, cust svc would have to do the override = rang up "properly" :cry: oh well

thx anyway OP :D

I just came from the CC in Burbank and everything went well. I got Mario Sunshine and Mario Golf for $10! I was a little bummed though about not being able to get Smash Bros. I coulda sworn it was a $19.99 game but it kept staying at $30 so not luck on that. Great find nonetheless. Thanks OP!

Just saw a post over at Gamefaqs (XBox forum) where someone got Atari Anthology for $5. Go get it!

Steve A.

bread's done
Back