<DEAD> Dark Souls Hardcover Guide by Future Press $13.74 at Amazon OOS

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Speaking of returning the guide to GS. When FF13 came out I got the CE guide from GS since amazon was sold out. Opened it and used it and a few days later it was back in stock at amazon and I ordered it. Got it 3 days later and returned it no problem at all to GS.[/QUOTE]

nice so sounds like theres no problems with the sticker/barcode.

What makes this even better was I got Dark Souls CE for $42 after some discounts, then got $30 back from it being messed up, then ordered T2 on Bluray and this guide and I still have $10 left over. Not bad at all IMO.

In the same boat as others. I bought the guide from GS and placed and order with Amazon. Gonna return the Amazon guide to GS when I get it in the mail. Just noticed this but thanks for the heads up OP.

Im in chat right now, screw amazon. They pissed me off now.
Im trying to get my price changed since it just shipped this morning and not only is the guy telling me there is no preorder price garuntee in amazons policy but that all he can do is give me a 10 dollar credit. Thinking if I should just take the 10 credit and send the guide back.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Speaking of returning the guide to GS. When FF13 came out I got the CE guide from GS since amazon was sold out. Opened it and used it and a few days later it was back in stock at amazon and I ordered it. Got it 3 days later and returned it no problem at all to GS.[/QUOTE]

Does anyone else have experience returning open/unwrapped guides to GS? I get the feeling that it's YMMV kind of thing if it's already opened. Anyhow, I ended up getting going through my recycling bin to get the barcode sticker just in case.

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Does anyone else have experience returning open/unwrapped guides to GS? I get the feeling that it's YMMV kind of thing if it's already opened. Anyhow, I ended up getting going through my recycling bin to get the barcode sticker just in case.[/QUOTE]

Um I never said I returned an opened guide.

I opened the one from GS but returned the one from amazon.

[quote name='Ribkage']Im in chat right now, screw amazon. They pissed me off now.
Im trying to get my price changed since it just shipped this morning and not only is the guy telling me there is no preorder price garuntee in amazons policy but that all he can do is give me a 10 dollar credit. Thinking if I should just take the 10 credit and send the guide back.[/QUOTE]

Cancel chat, re-enter and get a new person. OR have them call you. Calling is always the best.

for about 14 bucks, for a HARD cover, i couldnt say no. strange though, i have amazon prime and i says my order wont be in until the 13th.

(ps, this is my first post on CAG. ever!)

[quote name='joshnorm']Cancel chat, re-enter and get a new person. OR have them call you. Calling is always the best.[/QUOTE]

I took the 10 dollar "promo" credit and Ill just return it to amazon since I grabbed one from gamestop friday afternoon just before I canceled my order with amazon... which shipped anyways today.

Next time Ill just call. I could of sworn the general consensus was to use the live chat for issues as that is the best way to get results.

[quote name='BigJermz']for about 14 bucks, for a HARD cover, i couldnt say no. strange though, i have amazon prime and i says my order wont be in until the 13th.

(ps, this is my first post on CAG. ever!)[/QUOTE]

It won't ship till Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. Tuesday+2 days=Thursday.

[quote name='Ribkage']I took the 10 dollar "promo" credit and Ill just return it to amazon since I grabbed one from gamestop friday afternoon just before I canceled my order with amazon... which shipped anyways today.

Next time Ill just call. I could of sworn the general consensus was to use the live chat for issues as that is the best way to get results.[/QUOTE]

Normally it is. But when you hit a roadblock you just jump over to the next one. Hell during BF last year I had a chat box opened and someone on the phone due to a fuck up; I figured one was able to fix it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It won't ship till Tuesday since Monday is a holiday. Tuesday+2 days=Thursday.[/QUOTE]

ahh...

monday is a holiday? wow, ive been working too many hours

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um I never said I returned an opened guide.

I opened the one from GS but returned the one from amazon.[/QUOTE]

Oh my bad, I read yours too fast.

just curious, i just got one for the game, but where are you guys reselling these at?
i did that with the 'art of alice' guides by reselling back on amazon's trade in site, but they don't have this guide listed yet...

[quote name='Velo214']just curious, i just got one for the game, but where are you guys reselling these at?
i did that with the 'art of alice' guides by reselling back on amazon's trade in site, but they don't have this guide listed yet...[/QUOTE]

i honestly just bought two to get over the $25 for free shipping. These will probably make good christmas gifts.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']i honestly just bought two to get over the $25 for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Same here, now to cancel the one I ordered from BD.

Damn, wonder if I could return it to GS with my receipt, does GS have any store specific stuff they need on their stuff? What is the return window at GS? I cannot open their page from work.

Thanks OP! in for one. Insanely good deal. Now just to decide to keep dark souls or return it and wait for it to drop in price. My guess is its not going to drop anytime soon. I had a hard time finding it around me it was sold out at multiple stores. So many big releases in the next few weeks :(

TY OP. I don't even have the game yet (won't buy it for about a month or so from now) but I couldn't pass this up.

Tangent question: Does anyone know how Book Depository handles cancellations of pre-orders when payment is made via PayPal?

I'm tired of waiting for the guide to ship, the cost is now literally $8 more than Amazon, and delivery will take two weeks to arrive from the UK. If I send Book Depository a cancellation request, will they refund my PayPal account?

By the way, great catch, OP.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Tangent question: Does anyone know how Book Depository handles cancellations of pre-orders when payment is made via PayPal?

I'm tired of waiting for the guide to ship, the cost is now literally $8 more than Amazon, and delivery will take two weeks to arrive from the UK. If I send Book Depository a cancellation request, will they refund my PayPal account?

By the way, great catch, OP.[/QUOTE]

They will refund you through paypal.

i cancelled my first Dark Souls guide from them, due to price going down, then re-ordered. now requesting cancellation again.

they will easily cancel your order as long as it is not ship yet.

Sweet! Thanks OP! Just picked one up at GS today, but once the Amazon one comes in I'll just return that one to GS. ~1/2 price. Fantastic game, and really high quality guide :D

[quote name='hecaitomix']They will refund you through paypal.

i cancelled my first Dark Souls guide from them, due to price going down, then re-ordered. now requesting cancellation again.

they will easily cancel your order as long as it is not ship yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply.

Is this where you went to cancel your Book Depository order?
http://www.bookdepository.com/contactus

Cheers.

[quote name='shivan128']mine is showing 13.96, but when i add it to cart, it comes up at $24.99[/QUOTE]

LoL. Mine too. Bet they just caught a price error. Geez.....

bread's done
Back