<DEAD> Dark Souls Hardcover Guide by Future Press $13.74 at Amazon OOS

[quote name='Cysquatch']Says

And the price is $13.74 for me too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah my friend just ordered 2 of them one to use and one to collect. I only need one for myself. I still can not believe the insane low price! The canceled orders must of made amazon think this was a dud of an item and lowered it to unload all the canceled orders. Hell i had 2 i canceled in sept to! I reordered on the 8th in the morning and 2 or so hours ago i seen the insane drop in my cart and got my refund. My order is shipping soon already went to warehouse so why the refund and not a price adjustment. Also i heard others got shipped from older preorders not many but some. Anyways the topic should be changed but this thread is a dupe anyways got me why i am posting info here when the other is right on queue with it being alive and been.

Fail on the people saying it was not. I hope i got people to look and they scored a copy cause of it. Enjoy and lates back to playing DS. I am level 54 is anyone wants to co op lmk i got one humanity left.

Yeah, I just ordered one... and I don't own Dark Souls yet. I also haven't opened my copy of Demon's Souls yet. I'm a CAG and I've got a problem.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Yeah, I just ordered one... and I don't own Dark Souls yet. I also haven't opened my copy of Demon's Souls yet. I'm a CAG and I've got a problem.[/QUOTE]

Bro, I'm about to shell out the money for it too and I still haven't picked up Dark Souls :roll:

[quote name='BingoBrown']Yeah, I just ordered one... and I don't own Dark Souls yet. I also haven't opened my copy of Demon's Souls yet. I'm a CAG and I've got a problem.[/QUOTE]

CAG-a-holics Anonymous. Don't worry it's only a disease if you are looking for a cure ;)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']CAG-a-holics Anonymous. Don't worry it's only a disease if you are looking for a cure ;)[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it, I am about to get Ico/Sotc collection, and already have a large backlog, and playing demon souls, rage, gears3 etc..

Wish CAG has good deals on spare time also :p

[quote name='Pheee']Tell me about it, I am about to get Ico/Sotc collection, and already have a large backlog, and playing demon souls, rage, gears3 etc..

Wish CAG has good deals on spare time also :p[/QUOTE]

I feel ya, CAG is a double edged sword to be sure. My backlog is about 1700 games (211 being PS3/PSN/360/XBLA), and I have about 25 games (give or take a few) coming to me over the coming months. That is not counting any random purchases of course.

Thanks OP! It was in my Quick Picks and I was able to get it for $13.05, oh and add me to the list of people that bought this without having bought Dark Souls yet...:oops:

Haha, now I feel justified for arguing with CS when I 1-clicked the $13.74 price and it magically turned into $24.99 when I went to review the order.

I ordered this from Amazon on Thursday and it was still on backorder. I got a shipment email sent about 2hrs before this post was made. Does Amazon do the price adjustment even if the price changes that close to shipment? I checked on my orders in my account, but it still shows the $24.99 amount.

Edit: Actually I'm just going to contact them now and see what they say.

Just ordered one, don't have the game yet either... but been hearing sooo much about it, and since everyone says how much you'll die, I Guess this guide will be handy!

I'm considering this but I've never been one to use guides. If I do I usually use online walkthroughs. How nice is it to have this. Is this the type of game it's useful for? I'm not really looking to display it, I'm looking at it more as a utility. Should I get it or stick with online walkthroughs?

[quote name='Killerlampshade']I'm considering this but I've never been one to use guides. If I do I usually use online walkthroughs. How nice is it to have this. Is this the type of game it's useful for? I'm not really looking to display it, I'm looking at it more as a utility. Should I get it or stick with online walkthroughs?[/QUOTE]

Most likely virtually useless to you. A majority of people who order guides like to flip them through their spare time when they aren't playing or for display purposes. It's nice to have and has utility, but may not be worth it if you use online videos/guides a lot.

[quote name='Killerlampshade']I'm considering this but I've never been one to use guides. If I do I usually use online walkthroughs. How nice is it to have this. Is this the type of game it's useful for? I'm not really looking to display it, I'm looking at it more as a utility. Should I get it or stick with online walkthroughs?[/QUOTE]

I used the Demons Souls wiki a lot. I jumped on this guide when I saw it at GameStop (Glad I saved the GS Sticker off it :) ) It's freaking awesome. 350+ pages. Really detailed... get it. For $14 you wont regret it.

In for 2 - thanks for posting, OP.

Haven't bought a strategy guide since the PS1 days, but if there was ever a game that demanded one....

ordered the guide this morning when it came back in stock for 24.99 with one day shipping; normally they don't refund if its has shipped out already but I contacted Amazon and they hooked a brotha up with a refund, got the guide for 3$. Love you Amazon

Well crud. After doing some soul searching I decided to get it but for some reason I totally forgot about shipping. I need to figure out what else I can get to reach the $25 mark. Hopefully this will still be going in the morning. If not, oh well.

[quote name='DarkFayte05']ordered the guide this morning when it came back in stock for 24.99 with one day shipping; normally they don't refund if its has shipped out already but I contacted Amazon and they hooked a brotha up with a refund, got the guide for 3$. Love you Amazon

[quote name='barrit']What is the best way to contact them? By phone? I did the live chat and they told me I can return the item and reorder it if I want the lower price lol.[/QUOTE] I did the live chat option, you must have gotten a stubborn employee, I'd say try it again haha. And mention how the price changed over the course of the day.

[quote name='barrit']What is the best way to contact them? By phone? I did the live chat and they told me I can return the item and reorder it if I want the lower price lol.[/QUOTE]
Do it by phone, they can sympathize with you a little better. Chat is very quick questions, but otherwise they're pretty slow and seem like they must be taking their time flipping through a book and asking a supervisor or something.

I just got off the phone right now and he gave me promo credit for the difference. I then asked him

"but I have a pre-order price guarantee on my Battlefield 3 at 49.99 (I preordered when it was first listed), can I apply the promo to that preorder?"

and he said

"sorry, it's only on future orders only, but tell you what, I'll give you promo credit for the dark souls guide price difference and the battlefield 3 preorder price guarantee difference, and then replace the pre-order for you!"

and I was like

"radical"

so basically I got to apply the saving from my dark souls guide towards my Battlefield 3 preorder that already had a $10 savings on it. Amazon rules.:bouncy:

Last week when I asked if Gamestop would allow returns of unopened guides, got the dirtiest look.

Wonder what it's going to be like in the next couple of days when people start pestering them for returns.

Battletoads level of annoyance?

Man - I was really looking for something like this - anyone want to give one up for cost?
(looking at you Mr. I bought 3 Copies people) :D

I finally got this to work at $13.xx ... but it's no longer in stock. Will take my guide back to GS though... hopefully it will come!

I was so annoyed when I saw this drop - I preordered - and put up with that hassle. Finally it was just shipped that day at full price then they cut the price in half!? No way. So I emailed CS (India) who basically said tough. Which further infuriated me so I placed the call if not satisfied ... that (US) CSR checked the web page and refunded my CC the difference - with the tax which I pay in NY - it comes to $12.15. She said there's no way I should be expected to pay full price and apologized profusely.
Despite all the hassles with the CE, the book, plus I had a shipping snafu - Amazon has come through. I just hope this is the only game this season that has such incredible problems!

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']I was so annoyed when I saw this drop - I preordered - and put up with that hassle. Finally it was just shipped that day at full price then they cut the price in half!? No way. So I emailed CS (India) who basically said tough. Which further infuriated me so I placed the call if not satisfied ... that (US) CSR checked the web page and refunded my CC the difference - with the tax which I pay in NY - it comes to $12.15. She said there's no way I should be expected to pay full price and apologized profusely.
Despite all the hassles with the CE, the book, plus I had a shipping snafu - Amazon has come through. I just hope this is the only game this season that has such incredible problems![/QUOTE]

The US CSR rocks, I am not surprised with your satisfaction :)

[quote name='KrizB']Last week when I asked if Gamestop would allow returns of unopened guides, got the dirtiest look.

Wonder what it's going to be like in the next couple of days when people start pestering them for returns.

Battletoads level of annoyance?[/QUOTE]
Yeah I have no problems returning anything anywhere else but my closest GS will try and make you feel like crap for doing it. It just makes me want to return things even more though because I have a bunch of preorders paid off so I'd like for them to get pissy with me just to give me an excuse to cancel everything on them. I really dont like them lol I just tolerate them and I'm sure the feelings mutual.

Last edited by a moderator:
I returned 3x to Gamestop last night, and ended up chatting with the dude there. First he was like "yeah... my manager heard you buying all of our Transformers, be careful" rofl. I told him I don't flip at Gamestop (which I don't).

But then he went on about how he just pre-orders from BB for the automatic DLC e-mails and other crap. Ended up talking for a good 10-15 and he wanted to give me his XBL tag :p

Pretty strange experience. Good to know not everyone at GS is douchebag though. I definitely got looks when I BOUGHT multiple.

Returned 2 guides to GS and cancelled a preorder I had paid off in cash. I had paid with credit for the guides but they gave me cash back for all of it. I'll take that any day.

Nice! I'll contact BookDepository (I had a guide pre-ordered from there but they failed to ship it, despite charging my card and now they're out of stock...) and cancel on them.

I added Scott Pilgrim vs The World on Bluray ($11.xx) to my cart with the Dark Souls guide to get that Free Super Saver Shipping. :D

Aw... fuck this shit. I order from Amazon when it was $24.99 because I had credit but they won't match it because it shipped yesterday? Bullshit..

[quote name='Vinny']Aw... fuck this shit. I order from Amazon when it was $24.99 because I had credit but they won't match it because it shipped yesterday? Bullshit..[/QUOTE]

Try again. If that doesnt work, try again. Amazon will get your back...

[quote name='crupp']Try again. If that doesnt work, try again. Amazon will get your back...[/QUOTE]

Denied once more but the third time, I got a $10 promo credit towards a future order... better than nothing I guess.

[quote name='Pheee']Ordered yesterday evening, order now in shipping soon, so looks good so far.[/QUOTE]
Mine too. Maybe they're actually listening to the feedback I sent them after my last order with FSSS taking almost 2 weeks to get to me.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Mine's STILL in 'shipping soon' two days out from the order.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Meh. So is mine but, today is Columbus day so maybe that's why? Then again I have an unrelated ups package coming today so.....

bread's done
Back