<DEAD> Dark Souls Hardcover Guide by Future Press $13.74 at Amazon OOS

[quote name='Cysquatch']Meh. So is mine but, today is Columbus day so maybe that's why? Then again I have an unrelated ups package coming today so.....[/QUOTE]
I completely forgot it was a 'holiday' today.#-oAlthough I still wonder why exactly it's considered a federal/state holiday.:roll:

But considering Amazon uses FedEx for the first leg of the SmartPost/Free Super Saver Shipping, the holiday shouldn't matter for shipping packages out.

I just find it funny that Amazon expects it's marketplace sellers to ship out w/in 48 hours regardless of if the buyer is paying you normal shipping($4) or doing express shipping, yet if you do the cheaper/free shipping Amazon themselves seems to take forever now.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I completely forgot it was a 'holiday' today.#-oAlthough I still wonder why exactly it's considered a federal/state holiday.:roll:[/QUOTE]
Well, this country of ours might not exist today otherwise.

[quote name='Jodou']Well, this country of ours might not exist today otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Especially since he totally missed the mainland. I vote for a Leif Ericson Day!

[quote name='Outlaw Tracker']Especially since he totally missed the mainland. I vote for a Leif Ericson Day![/QUOTE]
Haha, well the point is he disproved certain notions and set events in motion.

Just ordered...will be interested in seeing when it comes available for shipping. I'm not too worried about it, though as I haven't gotten the game yet.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I completely forgot it was a 'holiday' today.#-oAlthough I still wonder why exactly it's considered a federal/state holiday.:roll:

I just find it funny that Amazon expects it's marketplace sellers to ship out w/in 48 hours regardless of if the buyer is paying you normal shipping($4) or doing express shipping, yet if you do the cheaper/free shipping Amazon themselves seems to take forever now.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Yea, there are seriously days more deserving of being a holiday.

And agreed on the Amazon thing. I've had FSSS not ship for over a week, yet I can't wait two days to ship stuff out. At least on ebay, you can set your own processing time.

[quote name='squll']Amazon has it for $13.74.[/QUOTE]

WOW! We better hurry and make a thread so everyone knows about this amazing deal!

Wait...what's that? Oh really? Huh...move along, nothing to see here.

:shock: Amazon actually shipped my free super saver shipping order of two of these guides in TWO days.

No wonder they shipped it though. It's coming from an hour away from me(Allentown PA warehouse).

Well amazon sent me 20 bucks for not getting the dark souls CE and after seeing how much these resale for on ebay I decided to buy 2 for 7.48 cents shipped. Don't tell me wife

For all those who got their shipped today, when did you guys order the guide? I ordered mines yesterday morning via 2 day shipping and just curious on where I compare to with those who got theirs shipped recently.

I had my pre-order from a long time ago which shipped and just arrived via UPS today. As always, Amazon ships in those padded cardboard things and the corners of the guide got messed up. Returning this copy to GS and keeping the non-busted up one sealed.

I ordered a second one on Friday since I knew it's sell out and if they didn't honor the refund I'd be screwed. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Will probably open it and use it as reference when I play through the game.

(I have Prime)

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I had my pre-order from a long time ago which shipped and just arrived via UPS today. As always, Amazon ships in those padded cardboard things and the corners of the guide got messed up. Returning this copy to GS and keeping the non-busted up one sealed.

I ordered a second one on Friday since I knew it's sell out and if they didn't honor the refund I'd be screwed. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. Will probably open it and use it as reference when I play through the game.

(I have Prime)[/QUOTE]

What does Prime have to do with anything?

[quote name='lunasicc']For all those who got their shipped today, when did you guys order the guide? I ordered mines yesterday morning via 2 day shipping and just curious on where I compare to with those who got theirs shipped recently.[/QUOTE]

Friday, about 430pm pst. Ordered 2 w/FSSS. Got my shipping notice this morning. Delivery date 10/17. Can't tell where it originated yet as it got shipped USPS.

[quote name='starks']What does Prime have to do with anything?[/QUOTE]It's a thought that Amazon Prime customers are higher on the food chain to Amazon than non-Prime customers.

Never been proven and it's only a rumor/thought, so that's why some people assume that in their dealings with Amazon.

I think the only thing that Amazon keeps in mind is how much money you spend with them per year.

Damn, just bought this the other day at $25. It is a decent guide, has some useful information. I mainly use it if I get lost. Definitely worth it for $13.

Mine shipped today also, 2 day free with Amazon Prime.

I ordered it before it was temp. out of stock though.

Saturday at 4pm PST was the official time I ordered it.

I ordered this on the 1st from Amazon when it was the full $25, and it's getting here tomorrow. Today I asked a CS rep about it. He seemed reluctant to credit me the ~$12 difference until I mentioned that I could just return the copy I'm getting and re-order it for the lower price. That may or may not work for anyone else looking to get the difference, just be polite about it. ;)

[quote name='Gamer SDP']how is it that Amazon can drop the price by almost 50 percent is beyond me. placed an order for 2.[/QUOTE]

Two possible scenarios I can see.

1. They managed to get them cheaper and are passing it on.
2. The strategy of trying to get new future customers through a cheap deal.

Ordered one myself even and I haven't bought a guide in at least ten years.

[quote name='Strife025']Mine shipped today also, 2 day free with Amazon Prime.[/QUOTE]Guessing Prime members are skipping ahead as I ordered long before then and they didn't send me shit.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Guessing Prime members are skipping ahead as I ordered long before then and they didn't send me shit.[/QUOTE]
When did you place your order? I put mine in on the 8th and they just shipped yesterday. Hopefully FedEx(Smartpost) was working on Columbus Day, as that means I'll probably have my stuff today if they were.;)

I just hope the USPS doesn't annihilate them en route to my house or Amazon doesn't decide to suddenly use some flimsy packaging, since I wanna keep one sealed in mint condition.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']When did you place your order? I put mine in on the 8th and they just shipped yesterday. Hopefully FedEx(Smartpost) was working on Columbus Day, as that means I'll probably have my stuff today if they were.;)[/QUOTE]

I screwed up my dates... Its a nice byproduct of working overnights. I ordered after him it seems. (Like 2 am on the 9th.)

As for FedEx working.... They might have. We had trash (and recycling) pickup today and weren't expecting it. :lol:

Edit: I do love the fact that the game I preordered back on July 1st (and Apirl 28th) still isn't in my hands... and didn't leave their warehouse till the 8th and apparently is still 7 days from getting to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You have Prime or not? That seems to make a difference from what I've noticed.[/QUOTE]

Use too. Had it for two years but when I was waiting to renew it (holding out till I saw something I wanted.,.. No point not starting up again till that happened) I came to realize I wasn't spending as much on Amazon so I just never got around to renewing it. :lol: (They also started doing .99 cent RDD so it seems much more expensive.)

I just got done with CS... Got a 5 dollar credit for having been bumped (for the game, I preordered back in April) but truth be told. I would rather have the game at this point.

Too bad they don't let ya use credit you have on your account on Amazon to pay for Prime or I'd drop some games on BB, convert that over to AMZ cred and then re-up for at least a year. ;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Too bad they don't let ya use credit you have on your account on Amazon to pay for Prime or I'd drop some games on BB, convert that over to AMZ cred and then re-up for at least a year. ;)[/QUOTE]

I have 8 more days of my free Prime lfet...trying to use it as many times as I can (15 orders so far). Most likely will cancel and see how much I miss it (I think AWD will be the first thing to bring me back) and decide then if I will buy.

Yeah. I didn't think I'd miss it till it took almost 14 days for my last order with the free shipping. But as I've said on multiple threads around here lately, $80 is a bit much to swallow for 2 day shipping if ya are sporadically buying stuff.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yeah. I didn't think I'd miss it till it took almost 14 days for my last order with the free shipping. But as I've said on multiple threads around here lately, $80 is a bit much to swallow for 2 day shipping if ya are sporadically buying stuff.[/QUOTE]

Getting way off topic... bu they do have that stream video services with lots of free programing tied to it so there are some other uses for it.

(My biggest issues with it is not being able to fast forward if you accidentally stopped watching and whatnot... Though maybe its my TVs doing. It has the Amazon app built into it but they don't seem to update it all that much.)

[quote name='Puppet Master']Two possible scenarios I can see.

1. They managed to get them cheaper and are passing it on.
2. The strategy of trying to get new future customers through a cheap deal.

Ordered one myself even and I haven't bought a guide in at least ten years.[/QUOTE]

1. Is possible as they do stock a lot of this guides make.

2. If they had plans on Deal of the Day or Gold Box for the game itself this makes sense -- though the limited stock of the guide may of been something they didnt account for?

[quote name='dutch72']Also got my shipping notice, now I can safely return my other copy to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Awesome avatar! I love Rival Schools.

bread's done
Back