[Dead]DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% off sale, NOW through 6/25

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Well, that was a lot of fun. I spent too much, as I'm sure many other CAGs did as well. I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. :applause:

See you all at the Winter sale. :wave:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/16-6/25

20% off applies to currently available DVDs, UMD movies, and storage accessories. Preorders and Videogames are excluded.

Confirmed codes are in Dark Orange.
Unconfirmed codes are in Yellow Green.
Invalid Codes are in Red.

Valid Codes:
USWEEKLY
USATODAY
DVDTALK
SUPERSALE
GE
ESPN
SPIKE
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
BARGAINFLIX
WCKG
google
DVDL617
YAHOO

Invalid codes (only keeping them listed in case they come alive later. Unlikely, but possible):

DEEPDISCOUNT
DVDSALE
SUMMERSALE

Please post if you use the unconfirmed codes, and I will change them to the confirmed color.

Thanks to Sulaco22, whotony at DVDTalk, princessducky at DVDTalk, Jack, and others for providing and confirming codes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gkleinman, founder of DVDTalk, will provide details at midnight tonight (6/16). I will update this topic as more information develops. Odds are that it is this weekend, but I don't know for certain. Sorry to jump the gun and post with so little information, but I know not everyone here reads DVDTalk, and I wanted to provide a heads-up.

Anyone interested in the sale should prepare their wishlist as soon as possible. DDD slows down considerably during these sales (at least, it has in the past), so it is best to have a list of what you want before it starts.

Link to thread at DVDTalk

It's probably already been mentioned, but X-Files Seasons 4, 5, and 6 are $43.40 each after the discount. That's a damn good price for the best seasons of the show.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Not related to this sale but here goes..........what's the difference between these two Invader Zim boxsets?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6951293&type=product&id=1395674

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6951328&type=product&id=1397816

One of them is described as a 7 piece set while the other is 3 pack with a toy.[/QUOTE]

Not quite sure what all 7 pieces actually are, but the "7 piece set" is the house box w/ toy, all 3 volumes, and extra disc...the 3-pack is just the house box w/ toy and the extra disc, no 3 volumes. They're basically being nice to us folks who bought the 3 volumes individually.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Ahhh thank you! I don't have any of the DVDs and I found it weird that it was nearly $60 cheaper.[/QUOTE]

I ordered them all seperately because it's slightly cheaper that way.

[quote name='cag1000']what do you guys think is the best value that you have seen so far[/QUOTE]
home movies season 2 for about $16 after discount is pretty darn good.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Just got my order confirmation, turns out Brazil is backordered. Anyone know how long it usually takes them to get stuff back in stock?[/QUOTE]
this is a little off topic, but i have to mention it: i was at blockbuster on thursday, and they had the criterion of brazil used for $13. i couldn't believe it. the best part is that some guy was actually holding it while looking at gamecube games, but he ended up passing on it and not buying it. it made me happy.

I picked up Firefly as well. I haven't been able to find it locally, although I imagine that will change when the movie comes out.

just came across "Lone Gunman - Complete Series", which is a spinoff from the X-Files...i've never heard of this...has anyone else?

also...the Complete Series of Game Over comes out on 6.28 and is $11.99 at DDD

edit: and what the hell is the Legend of Zelda Complete Series?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']just came across "Lone Gunman - Complete Series", which is a spinoff from the X-Files...i've never heard of this...has anyone else?

also...the Complete Series of Game Over comes out on 6.28 and is $11.99 at DDD

edit: and what the hell is the Legend of Zelda Complete Series?[/QUOTE]

The Lone Gunman only lasted only 13 eps it was sort of like the X-files but not as serious and dealt more with Conspiracies. As for The Legend of Zelda I think it might be the Cartoon that didn't last very long back in the 80's or 90's. Probably a region 1 realese of http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=617&item=6407479073&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Well finally got around to ordering. Not too much, just stuff we've been wanting/waiting for.

CLARISSA EXPLAINS IT ALL-1ST SEASO $ 15.60 1 $ 15.60
ADVENTURES OF PETE & PETE: SEASON 1 $ 15.66 1 $ 15.66
THE TICK-ENTIRE SERIES (2D) $ 17.64 1 $ 17.64
SPIDER-MAN 2 (WS) $ 16.91 1 $ 16.91
BACK TO THE FUTURE-COMPLETE TRILOGY (WID $ 16.32 1 $ 16.32
LORD OF THE RINGS-MOTION PICTURE TRILOGY $ 31.82 1 $ 31.82
KILL BILL V.01 $ 11.04 1 $ 11.04
KILL BILL V.02 $ 11.04 1 $ 11.04
TRON: 20TH ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION $ 11.04 1 $ 11.04

Promotional Discount: Discount
applied
above
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: FREE
Your Total: $147.07
Your promotional discount is reflected in the prices above.
The promotional discount on this order was: $36.79

[quote name='Richter']TheUnsane1-
the higher priced NS set comes with a Jubei action figure[/QUOTE]
Hmmm for a few extra bucks the figure is worth it.

[quote name='Drahken']For the berserkes I think the first one is 6 dvd cases in a box, and the other is a brick.[/QUOTE]

As for Ninja Scroll, I think one comes with a little plastic action figure/m,odel and one is just the tin.

Yes and yes, the higher priced ninja scroll is identical, except it has a plastic figurine. And the lower priced berserk has the same 6 dvds, only it is a brick instead of the box with 6 dvd cases.

I might have to get PRIMUS-HALLUCINO-GENETICS LIVE. It's $ 11.34 before any discount, plus free shipping. I'll think about it. It'd be something nice to have...

[quote name='chaarlieee']Is free shiping safe? I've never ordered from DDD so I have no idea what to expect. 7-10 days is a long time to wait..[/QUOTE]

It's well worth it if you don't want to spend extra on shipping. DDD is a reliable site; I have ordered from them at least four or five times in the past (always large orders) and I've never had a problem. Just be patient and go with free shipping.

[quote name='masha']When Blue-ray and HD-DVD hits the fan and DVD format becomes obsolete, they will start all over again. I'll stick to games ;)[/QUOTE]

I would think older TV series before HDTV would not need to be on HD-dvd or Blu-ray. The added space would only be good to get more episodes on a disk.

A brick could refer to a number of things, the definition is not exactly any one thing, but in the vague sense it means no standard dvd cases for each dvd. The dvds could be separely housed in a fold out plastic (like a multi-cd case) or like Orphen Season 1, or they could be in dvd sleeves like Family Guy. Buit in either case, the brick will not be the same special "collector's edition" box, but a cheaper, more compact and less fancy alternative.

NEO TOKYO $ 10.60 1 $ 10.60
GANTZ V.03-AFTERSHOCKS $ 9.57 1 $ 9.57
FIFTH ELEMENT: ULTIMATE EDITION $ 15.60 1 $ 15.60
FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST V.02-SCARRED M $ 14.39 1 $ 14.39
THE SEVEN SAMURAI $ 23.00 1 $ 23.00
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND WS $ 11.19 1 $ 11.19
COLLATERAL (WS) $ 11.19 1 $ 11.19
PARANOIA AGENT V.04-SAYONARA MAROM $ 17.84 1 $ 17.84
BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES V.01 $ 26.49 1 $ 26.49

Promotional Discount: Discount
applied
above
Tax: $0.00
Shipping: FREE
Your Total: $139.87
Your promotional discount is reflected in the prices above.
The promotional discount on this order was: $35.01

I love these sales. I really had to control myself from going completely out of control. Kinda pissed that Paranoia Agent vol. 4 is out of stock, down right itching to see it.

Got my shipping confirmation e-mail today. Now to wait till to tomorrow to pick up a few more things and I'll be done with this sale until next time (hopefully there'll be a next time.).

I hate myself for this because I know I'll watch them once or never but they are my wife's favorite shows so whatever:

Entourage: Season 1
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 1
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 2
Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 3
Arrested Development: Season 1

$110.86

i want to use this to get some anime but i have a ? - when i search for initial d it comes up with the episodes and has a price in red that is "their" price. is "their" price before or after the 20% discount mentioned in the first post of this thread? please help cause id love to be able to get Initial D and others if possible.

[quote name='thechairmanh2k']i want to use this to get some anime but i have a ? - when i search for initial d it comes up with the episodes and has a price in red that is "their" price. is "their" price before or after the 20% discount mentioned in the first post of this thread? please help cause id love to be able to get Initial D and others if possible.[/QUOTE]

It's before the 20% off. You have to enter one of the codes to see the final price.

[quote name='thechairmanh2k']i want to use this to get some anime but i have a ? - when i search for initial d it comes up with the episodes and has a price in red that is "their" price. is "their" price before or after the 20% discount mentioned in the first post of this thread? please help cause id love to be able to get Initial D and others if possible.[/QUOTE]

The price that you're talking about in red is their normal price. If you want to see the adjusted price after the sale, put the item in your shopping cart and use one of the codes.

Got my shipping confirmations for yesterday's (sunday's) orders...if they're *that* on the ball, then we're not hittin'em hard enough! Start ordering!!

[quote name='Manji']Got my shipping confirmations for yesterday's (sunday's) orders...if they're *that* on the ball, then we're not hittin'em hard enough! Start ordering!![/QUOTE]

Got mine as well. I had three items that were backordered, but everything else is on its way. 8)

RD

[quote name='almostrice']I would think older TV series before HDTV would not need to be on HD-dvd or Blu-ray. The added space would only be good to get more episodes on a disk.[/QUOTE]

Depends on how it was recorded. Most likely they can be re-done in HD.

[quote name='sman113']itiot.[/QUOTE]

I really hope this a joke, but probably not, it takes a lot of balls to make fun of someone for being an idiot and spelling the only word in your post wrong. Bravo to your anti-spelling bee movement

Back on topic my stuff hasnt sent a shipping comformation and its been ordered since the 16....grrrh this happened last time too.

bread's done
Back