[Dead]DeepDiscountDVD.com 20% off sale, NOW through 6/25

guessed

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Well, that was a lot of fun. I spent too much, as I'm sure many other CAGs did as well. I'd like to thank everyone who participated in this thread. :applause:

See you all at the Winter sale. :wave:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6/16-6/25

20% off applies to currently available DVDs, UMD movies, and storage accessories. Preorders and Videogames are excluded.

Confirmed codes are in Dark Orange.
Unconfirmed codes are in Yellow Green.
Invalid Codes are in Red.

Valid Codes:
USWEEKLY
USATODAY
DVDTALK
SUPERSALE
GE
ESPN
SPIKE
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
BARGAINFLIX
WCKG
google
DVDL617
YAHOO

Invalid codes (only keeping them listed in case they come alive later. Unlikely, but possible):

DEEPDISCOUNT
DVDSALE
SUMMERSALE

Please post if you use the unconfirmed codes, and I will change them to the confirmed color.

Thanks to Sulaco22, whotony at DVDTalk, princessducky at DVDTalk, Jack, and others for providing and confirming codes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gkleinman, founder of DVDTalk, will provide details at midnight tonight (6/16). I will update this topic as more information develops. Odds are that it is this weekend, but I don't know for certain. Sorry to jump the gun and post with so little information, but I know not everyone here reads DVDTalk, and I wanted to provide a heads-up.

Anyone interested in the sale should prepare their wishlist as soon as possible. DDD slows down considerably during these sales (at least, it has in the past), so it is best to have a list of what you want before it starts.

Link to thread at DVDTalk

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I have thumbnails on in my wishlist. And I have a similiar problem to your TSD. That's why I've been mostly typing them up before.[/QUOTE]

we should hold hands and cry together :cry:

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']we should hold hands and cry together :cry:[/QUOTE]

Have you tried cut and paste into notepad, then cut and paste from notepad into a post?

[quote name='guessed']Have you tried cut and paste into notepad, then cut and paste from notepad into a post?[/QUOTE]

No, but it sounds like a lot of work;)

I'll get right on it.

thx guessed...you're a genius

it was a lot of work...but it was worth it to show everybody what they don't care about :lol:

DEAD LEAVES $14.99
SUPER MILK-CHAN SHOW V.03-CRYIN OV $19.94
SUPER MILK V.02-CHAN SHOW-MILK SHA $19.94
SUPER MILK-CHAN SHOW V.04-MILK & K $19.95
PROFILER-4TH SEASON $59.97
PROFILER-1ST-3RD SEASONS $125.97
HOMICIDE-6TH SEASON $59.97
HOMICIDE-7TH SEASON $59.97
WALKING WITH PREHISTORIC BEASTS $9.00
VOYAGE TO THE PLANETS/HYPERSPACE ( $29.99
ABOVE & BEYOND-COMPLETE SERIES $11.99
THE GLASS SHIELD $9.36
BEST OF THE BEST 3-NO TURNING BAC/ $9.36
NAUSICAA OF THE VALLEY OF THE WIND $21.14
CLERKS 10TH ANNIVERSARY ED (3D) $23.75
POPULAR-1ST SEASON (6D) $45.36
HOME IMPROVEMENT-2ND SEASON $31.80
FINDING NEVERLAND (WS) $19.95
SWEET VALLEY HIGH-1ST SEASON $31.80
THE PACIFIER (WS) $16.14
MEMORIES $20.64
FOREVER KNIGHT TRILOGY-PART 1 $42.72
CRITIC-COMPLETE SERIES $37.08
MARRIED WITH CHILDREN-1ST SEASON $22.06
JUST ONE OF THE GUYS $19.50
KARATE KID SET $25.77
GIRLFIGHT $6.00
URBAN LEGEND/URBAN LEGEND 2 FINAL CUT $14.30
RADIO FLYER $13.91
DEAD BIRDS $19.50
GLADIATOR (1992) $19.14
MAN SHOW-2ND SEASON WITH COASTER $19.98
MAN SHOW-3RD SEASON WITH COASTER $19.98
RAVENOUS $7.18
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER (1992) $7.18
BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (1 DISC) $9.99
ROMPER STOMPER (SINGLE DISC) $7.18
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER 4TH SEASON $43.91
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER 5TH SEASON $43.91
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER 6TH SEASON $38.88
THE HARSH REALM-COMPLETE SERIES $29.27
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER-SEASON 7 $38.89
CLUB DREAD (UR) $10.33
THE GRID $19.75
GREG THE BUNNY $19.75
LONE GUNMAN-COMPLETE SERIES $29.27
FLIGHT OF THE PHOENIX (WS) $21.14
CALL ME-RISE & FALL OF HEIDI FLEIS $14.64
MILLENNIUM-SEASON 2 $44.00
CRACKER-COMPLETE SERIES (1997) $23.99
EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND-3RD SEASON $34.99
AMERICAN SPLENDOR $8.04
EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND-2ND SEASON $31.37
SIX FEET UNDER-1ST-4TH SEASONS $299.95
CRACKER SERIES 1 $29.99
BEEF $13.91
BEEF II $14.62
FINAL CUT $16.72
TMNT-2ND SEASON $9.28
PARANOID $12.38
TMNT-1ST SEASON $9.28
INVADER ZIM BOX (1D) $23.98
CHILD'S PLAY 2 $9.89
MYSTERY MEN $6.95
CHILD'S PLAY 3 $9.89
SLIDERS-1ST & 2ND SEASONS $43.20
ORGAZMO (SE) $13.99
LAND BEFORE TIME 1 (AE) $13.99
SCHINDLER'S LIST (WS) $13.99
SLIDERS-3RD SEASON $43.20
EUROTRIP (WS)(UR) $13.99
AMERICAN NINJA $9.36
THE USUAL SUSPECTS (SE) $13.67
AMERICAN NINJA 2 & 3 (DF) $9.36
FARGO (SE) $9.12
HACKERS $9.36
DIGGSTOWN $9.36
NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET SET $59.96
BOOGIE NIGHTS (PLANTINUM SERIES) $20.40
CRITTERS $9.00
CRITTERS 2 $9.00
CRITTERS 3 $9.00
CRITTERS 4 $9.00
AFTER THE SUNSET (WS) $21.14
SILVER BULLET (STEPHEN KING) $9.36
CHEERS-3RD SEASON $36.00
CHEERS-4TH SEASON $28.80
FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTS 1-8 (5D) $56.14
KEEN EDDIE THE COMPLETE SERIES $25.37
RAT RACE $7.78
COACH CARTER (WS) $21.14
CHEERS-5TH SEASON $27.19
ROAST OF DENIS LEARY (UNCENSORED) $13.56
CRANK YANKERS SEASON 1 $19.50
JOAN OF ARCADIA-1ST SEASON $38.39
MTV-PUNK'D-2ND SEASON $19.50
STRIPPERELLA-1ST SEASON $19.50
ELECTION $7.78
THE WOOD $5.99
BEAST WARS TRANSFORMERS-1ST SEASON $35.88
BEAST WARS TRANSFORMERS-2ND COMPLE $17.93
BEAST WARS TRANSFORMERS-3RD COMPLE $17.93
L WORD-1ST SEASON $46.99
DENIS LEARY COMPLETE-NO CURE FOR CANCER $13.20
WISEGUY-1ST SEASON PART 1 $26.98
HAPPY TREE FRIENDS SECOND SERVING $13.19
WISEGUY-1ST SEASON PART 2 $46.19
HAPPY TREE FRIENDS-V.03 THIRD STRI $13.19
WALKING WITH DINOSAURS $23.39
ALLOSAURUS-WALKING W/ DINOSAURS SPECIAL $6.00
SPACE GHOST COAST TO COAST V.01 $23.39
WEST WING-3RD SEASON $38.89
WEST WING-4TH SEASON $38.89
V THE COMPLETE TV SERIES $29.89
BLOODSPORT $7.20
FULL HOUSE-1ST SEASON $22.78
MURPHY BROWN-1ST SEASON $23.39
LA FEMME NIKITA-1ST-3RD SEASONS $202.46
THEY CAME BACK $17.94
EMINEM-AKA $9.86

Well this is mine so far:

RUSHMORE (CRITERION) $31.43
THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS (CRITERION) $13.80
EQUILIBRIUM $13.80
THE COMIC BOOK-MOVIE $9.36
DILBERT-COMPLETE SERIES $37.08
DR STRANGELOVE (4OTH ASE) (2D) $24.30
ICHI THE KILLER-EPISODE ZERO $13.48
DARK ANGEL-2ND SEASON $29.27
FIREFLY-COMPLETE SERIES $29.89
GREG THE BUNNY $19.75
TOKYO DRIFTER (CRITERION) $21.56
BRAZIL (CRITERION) $43.16
AKIRA KUROSAWA-FOUR SAMURAI CLASSICS $71.96
THE KILLERS $28.76
THE SWORD OF DOOM $21.56
INVADER ZIM V.01 OF 3 DOOM DOOM DOOM $14.98
ICHI THE KILLER (SE) (UR) $17.98
INVADER ZIM V.02 PROGRESSIVE STUPIDITY $14.98
INVADER ZIM V.03-HORRIBLE HOLIDAY $14.98
EUROTRIP (WS)(UR) $13.99
HOW TO GET AHEAD IN ADVERTISING $9.12
DEAD LIKE ME-1ST SEASON $38.05
OUTER LIMITS-NEW SERIES $45.76
THE MACHINIST $20.78
REN & STIMPY-1ST & 2ND SEASONS $27.19
REN & STIMPY-5TH SEASON & SOME MOR $28.80
REN & STIMPY-3RD & A HALFISH SEASO $28.80
FORREST GUMP-SPECIAL EDITION $9.36
HOME MOVIES-2ND SEASON $20.93
HOME MOVIES-1ST SEASON $20.93
THE JIB JAB-EARLY YEARS $7.77
SAMURAI JACK-1ST & 2ND SEASONS $41.74
AKIRA KUROSAWA'S DREAMS $14.39

[quote name='TSD']MAN SHOW-2ND SEASON WITH COASTER $19.98
MAN SHOW-3RD SEASON WITH COASTER $19.98 [/QUOTE]

I thought the Man Show dvds were coasters to begin with. :? :lol:

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Well this is mine so far:

RUSHMORE (CRITERION) $31.43
THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS (CRITERION) $13.80
EQUILIBRIUM $13.80
THE COMIC BOOK-MOVIE $9.36
DILBERT-COMPLETE SERIES $37.08
DR STRANGELOVE (4OTH ASE) (2D) $24.30
ICHI THE KILLER-EPISODE ZERO $13.48
DARK ANGEL-2ND SEASON $29.27
FIREFLY-COMPLETE SERIES $29.89
GREG THE BUNNY $19.75
TOKYO DRIFTER (CRITERION) $21.56
BRAZIL (CRITERION) $43.16
AKIRA KUROSAWA-FOUR SAMURAI CLASSICS $71.96
THE KILLERS $28.76
THE SWORD OF DOOM $21.56
INVADER ZIM V.01 OF 3 DOOM DOOM DOOM $14.98
ICHI THE KILLER (SE) (UR) $17.98
INVADER ZIM V.02 PROGRESSIVE STUPIDITY $14.98
INVADER ZIM V.03-HORRIBLE HOLIDAY $14.98
EUROTRIP (WS)(UR) $13.99
HOW TO GET AHEAD IN ADVERTISING $9.12
DEAD LIKE ME-1ST SEASON $38.05
OUTER LIMITS-NEW SERIES $45.76
THE MACHINIST $20.78
REN & STIMPY-1ST & 2ND SEASONS $27.19
REN & STIMPY-5TH SEASON & SOME MOR $28.80
REN & STIMPY-3RD & A HALFISH SEASO $28.80
FORREST GUMP-SPECIAL EDITION $9.36
HOME MOVIES-2ND SEASON $20.93
HOME MOVIES-1ST SEASON $20.93
THE JIB JAB-EARLY YEARS $7.77
SAMURAI JACK-1ST & 2ND SEASONS $41.74
AKIRA KUROSAWA'S DREAMS $14.39[/QUOTE]

Some very nice choices, suprised you don't have any of that already. :lol:

By the way, I have Ichi the Killer Ep Zero on my tradelist ... I watched it once, and that was enough for me. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']

Some very nice choices, suprised you don't have any of that already. :lol:

By the way, I have Ichi the Killer Ep Zero on my tradelist ... I watched it once, and that was enough for me. [/QUOTE]

By which ones?

And I think I'll pass on your offer. Gonna try to conserve now, or at least until the next DDD sale. Gonna only try to buy when it's something I really gotta have/cheap like Sin City, etc.

woohoo...i just opened up my special edition dc Dune and the genius who packaged this set was...well...a genius....pulling off the goddamn sticker on the cardboard box took off EVERYTHING underneath it...thank you, bastards...hopefully the movie sucks and i can just throw it in the trash

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Hmm...Might get it now then. Do you know if it is also B&M or if they carry it B&M at all? Gotta another Gift Card to use to them.[/QUOTE]

They do, that is where I got mine back in February, and I also happened to notice that they still stocked it when I was there the other day (and the sticker price was still $11.99, as well).

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']woohoo...i just opened up my special edition dc Dune and the genius who packaged this set was...well...a genius....pulling off the goddamn sticker on the cardboard box took off EVERYTHING underneath it...thank you, bastards...hopefully the movie sucks and i can just throw it in the trash[/QUOTE]

I don't get what you mean, could you put a pick please. My box came fine.

[quote name='guessed']They do, that is where I got mine back in February, and I also happened to notice that they still stocked it when I was there the other day (and the sticker price was still $11.99, as well).[/QUOTE]

Cool. Time to check it I guess.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I don't get what you mean, could you put a pick please. My box came fine.[/QUOTE]

did you open it and pull the top sticker seal off yet?

and no, i can't provide a picture yet, because my homo-erotic brother is borrowing my camera to take nearly nude pictures of himself for some modeling thing

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']did you open it and pull the top sticker seal off yet?

and no, i can't provide a picture yet, because my homo-erotic brother is borrowing my camera to take nearly nude pictures of himself for some modeling thing[/QUOTE]

Yup i have opened. All came fine.

And that last part just cracked me up :rofl::lol:

Edit: Wait nevermind, i see which seal you're talking about. Nope I haven't yet. Don't have time yet. Probably'll do it on the weekend and report back. Great day to post today since work is slow.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yup i have opened. All came fine.

Edit: Wait nevermind, i see which seal you're talking about. Nope I haven't yet. Don't have time yet. Probably'll do it on the weekend and report back. Great day to post today since work is slow.[/QUOTE]

before you open it, make sure you position yourself near a wall that you don't give a shit about...or else you'll be pissed off afterwards when you have a hole in your wall from punching and headbutting it repeatedly

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']By which ones?

And I think I'll pass on your offer. Gonna try to conserve now, or at least until the next DDD sale. Gonna only try to buy when it's something I really gotta have/cheap like Sin City, etc.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't so much asking you to buy mine as I was saying that I wouldn't want to watch it more than once. :lol:

I just looked at TSD's collection and it must be humongous. there's 500 on the first page and then it's cut off at F. you gotta organize it a little more, I want to see what movies I'm missing.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yup i have opened. All came fine.

Edit: Wait nevermind, i see which seal you're talking about. Nope I haven't yet. Don't have time yet. Probably'll do it on the weekend and report back. Great day to post today since work is slow.[/QUOTE]

Since we now know the sticker could be an issue, you may want to try steaming it first to loosen the glue.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I just looked at TSD's collection and it must be humongous. there's 500 on the first page and then it's cut off at F. you gotta organize it a little more, I want to see what movies I'm missing.[/QUOTE]

Just imagine how long that would take to organize ... I wouldn't ask that of any man. :lol:

Sweet...some of my orders came today in one box. Everything except the Star Wars Trilogy and Season 3 of the Simpsons is perfect. Those two are a little knocked around. A question: What is too crunched of a boxset to send back? As long as it is still sealed will they exchange it back? Im probably just being paranoid about perfection. Bah!

[quote name='0192837465']Sweet...some of my orders came today in one box. Everything except the Star Wars Trilogy and Season 3 of the Simpsons is perfect. Those two are a little knocked around. A question: What is too crunched of a boxset to send back? As long as it is still sealed will they exchange it back? Im probably just being paranoid about perfection. Bah![/QUOTE]
Are you asking it as a question of morality or of DDD policy? My Firefly box was very badly dented and bruised, and they said they'd exchange it without a problem. They even emailed me a merchandise return label so I don't have to pay shipping. Great folks, these DDD people.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Just imagine how long that would take to organize ... I wouldn't ask that of any man. :lol:[/QUOTE]

that's why i haven't and probably never will....stupid ass dvdaficionado had to change their ways of having everything on one page to only being able to show 500 per page....i think they did that like 6 months ago....when i found out, i almost cried

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']that's why i haven't and probably never will....stupid ass dvdaficionado had to change their ways of having everything on one page to only being able to show 500 per page....i think they did that like 6 months ago....when i found out, i almost cried[/QUOTE]
It's not THAT hard to make folders that say "A-F", etc.

[quote name='Brak']When is the next DeepDiscountDVD sale? Winter?[/QUOTE]

Last time it was mid November, I placed my order on the 18th if that gives you a better idea.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']woohoo...i just opened up my special edition dc Dune and the genius who packaged this set was...well...a genius....pulling off the goddamn sticker on the cardboard box took off EVERYTHING underneath it...thank you, bastards...hopefully the movie sucks and i can just throw it in the trash[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel I got the Limited Edition Escaflowne Boxset with Action Figure from Rightstuf for 60 bucks and the moron manufracturer stuck like 3 Security devices on varius places in the artwork cardboard box that if I took them off would rip off.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I'll do it for you if you want, you crybaby.[/QUOTE]

:lol: Thank you, but I just figured it out. I never had the time or cared enough before to make the time to put 'em in subfolders. You made me care...damn you!.

[quote name='Scrubking']Is this place slow with their free shipping? It's been almost two weeks and still I have nothing.[/QUOTE]
I got my stuff fairly quickly. I put in my first order on the 17th as soon as I got home from work (6:00 a.m.) and it arrived on the 23rd. I ordered one more thing on the 25th, but it was backordered, and still is, so it hasn't shipped yet.

Was part of your order backordered? Did you order early in the sale, or toward the end? Have they sent you an e-mail saying it's been shipped yet? The e-mail they sent me had a link to track the package through UPS.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']I just looked at TSD's collection and it must be humongous. there's 500 on the first page and then it's cut off at F. you gotta organize it a little more, I want to see what movies I'm missing.[/QUOTE]

organizizeded, yo

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']:lol: Thank you, but I just figured it out. I never had the time or cared enough before to make the time to put 'em in subfolders. You made me care...damn you!.[/QUOTE]
HaHAHaahhahAhA! My plan worked! *evil finger twiddling*

btw, it looks good :) you should probably change the link in your sig to the first subfolder tho. Upon first click it looks like you have no DVDs, which is obviously not true.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']HaHAHaahhahAhA! My plan worked! *evil finger twiddling*

btw, it looks good :) you should probably change the link in your sig to the first subfolder tho. Upon first click it looks like you have no DVDs, which is obviously not true.[/QUOTE]

done

anything else? :cry:

This place is slowww with the free shipping. 1st I place my small order (Firefly and Kim Possible) on 6/16 and they don't ship until 6/18. It's now 6/30 and still no delivery! Ridiculous, I use free shipping with Amazon and B&N all the time and I receive my stuff within 2-4 days. I send emails to DDD asking for a trace to be placed on the order and all I get is a canned response that it could take up to 15 days for the order t arrive which is crazy as no matter where it is coming from, nothing should take that long to get to California, no matter where it's coming from! I'll not be buying from DDD again.

[quote name='bssybeep']This place is slowww with the free shipping. 1st I place my small order (Firefly and Kim Possible) on 6/16 and they don't ship until 6/18. It's now 6/30 and still no delivery! Ridiculous, I use free shipping with Amazon and B&N all the time and I receive my stuff within 2-4 days. I send emails to DDD asking for a trace to be placed on the order and all I get is a canned response that it could take up to 15 days for the order t arrive which is crazy as no matter where it is coming from, nothing should take that long to get to California, no matter where it's coming from! I'll not be buying from DDD again.[/QUOTE]

Ok, you do get bonus points for spelling "ridiculous" correctly, just because so many people spell it incorrectly, but other than that, your post is annoying. This isn't directed at just you, but at everyone who claims either "OMG, the package arrived 1 hour after DDD sent it, DDD is magic!!!", or "OMG, DDD sent the package 2 years ago, and it hasn't arrived yet, their shipping sux!!!" Your package left DDD 2 days after you ordered it, during their busiest time -- that is average to good. If you expected it to leave their warehouse within a few minutes of placing your order, you expected too much. They send via USPS media mail, which can take a while -- if you wanted it faster, you could have paid for an upgrade. The point is, once the package leaves their hands, whether it gets to its destination quickly or slowly is not up to them, it is up to the carrier. 15 days is not uncommon for media mail. If it takes longer, contact DDD and they will work with you to resolve the situation, but you have to realize that they are probably being bombarded with emails asking why orders placed 5 days ago haven't arrived yet.

I know you want your DVDs, but try to have a little patience.

[quote name='guessed']Ok, you do get bonus points for spelling "ridiculous" correctly, just because so many people spell it incorrectly, but other than that, your post is annoying. This isn't directed at just you, but at everyone who claims either "OMG, the package arrived 1 hour after DDD sent it, DDD is magic!!!", or "OMG, DDD sent the package 2 years ago, and it hasn't arrived yet, their shipping sux!!!" Your package left DDD 2 days after you ordered it, during their busiest time -- that is average to good. If you expected it to leave their warehouse within a few minutes of placing your order, you expected too much. They send via USPS media mail, which can take a while -- if you wanted it faster, you could have paid for an upgrade. The point is, once the package leaves their hands, whether it gets to its destination quickly or slowly is not up to them, it is up to the carrier. 15 days is not uncommon for media mail. If it takes longer, contact DDD and they will work with you to resolve the situation, but you have to realize that they are probably being bombarded with emails asking why orders placed 5 days ago haven't arrived yet.

I know you want your DVDs, but try to have a little patience.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

[quote name='bssybeep']This place is slowww with the free shipping. 1st I place my small order (Firefly and Kim Possible) on 6/16 and they don't ship until 6/18. It's now 6/30 and still no delivery! Ridiculous, I use free shipping with Amazon and B&N all the time and I receive my stuff within 2-4 days. I send emails to DDD asking for a trace to be placed on the order and all I get is a canned response that it could take up to 15 days for the order t arrive which is crazy as no matter where it is coming from, nothing should take that long to get to California, no matter where it's coming from! I'll not be buying from DDD again.[/QUOTE]

Oh...wow...

Someone doesn't realize the magnitude of some people's purchases.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']ah, perfection at last :cool:[/QUOTE]

Mutha fuckin' tizight. :cool:

If it were me I'd have seperate folders for every letter and one for #s. That's how I arrange my music files. I don't have that many dvds though, so for now my divisions are fine. :lol:

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Well, part of my order shipped today, so hopefully in a few days I'll have a couple of my movies.[/QUOTE]

I should have asked them to ship complete orders or something ... at the moment I have 7 different shipments on their way. :lol:

bread's done
Back