[Dead] FREE 90-day TRIAL at gamefly.com

I saw this on Gamefaqs. Great deal! Don't forget to enter the code in the box in the upper right, where it asks you if you have any special offers. I can't wait to start getting games!!!

grr.. it needs a credit card? how can you people be so secure about your credit cards theses days.. wait to you get fraud'd :D

[quote name='mousin']grr.. it needs a credit card? how can you people be so secure about your credit cards theses days.. wait to you get fraud'd :D[/quote]
most credit card companies have good fraude protection policies. I know with citi bank, you can get a one time use virtual credit card number. Its a different number than you credit card, but links to your account. Only good once.

Problem: with all the free sign-ups, all the good games will be rented out.

At least for me they will be.

thanks ill try it.....do you get charged anything at all?? and how do you cancel. and how does it work. thry mail you a game then u have to mail it back?? is it prepayed

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for trying GameFly! Best Buy and GameFly have teamed up to offer
you a 90 day Free Trial. Your paid subscription plan will automatically
begin on 9/19/04.

You may cancel this free trial at any time prior to 9/19/04 and your
credit card will not be charged.

Man this is too good to be true!!

Awesome, just signed up. I love NetFlix, but don't have the time to play rentals really, but it's great to try out games and see which ones are good. :D

As a security precaution, we will perform an authorization on your card for $21.95. This is NOT a charge, but some banks will hold these funds for 1-5 business days.

?????

[quote name='Wario64']Anyone know how Best Buy is invovled in this promotion? How is this promo code being given?[/quote]

Best Buy has dvd cases in stores with these codes.

You lucky bastards...I have been with this site for 3 months now and I only got a 10 day free trial period...

[quote name='guyver2077']As a security precaution, we will perform an authorization on your card for $21.95. This is NOT a charge, but some banks will hold these funds for 1-5 business days.

?????[/quote]

I think this means if your credit card does not currently have $21.95 in available funds on it, it won't go through - regardless whether they charge you or not right there and then. This is pretty standard fare.

-Hoshi

WOW! I've been considering joining these guys anyways, but this will give me a chance to see how the service is.

Thanks a million for posting this!!! :D

Signed up about an hour ago...just logged back on and got this notice on the front page:

Your account has been cancelled.
If you have any questions, please contact customer service: 1-888-986-6400.

Anyone else get this?

I'm amazed at how well stocked Gamefly is. I have been able to get EVERY new release on the first day this year. The only game that is consistently out that I've wanted in Transformers. I currently have out Psi-ops, Driv3r and Four Swords. All shipped the day they released without any problems.

I hope all you chepasses don't ruin it for me. :wink:

It's a great service, changed my cheapass life. Between it and this site I haven't bought a full-priced new game since like November...

awww I have an empty debit card :( I'll have to load it up a bit and try this soon, penny-arcade said good things about the site, its probaly legit.

I signed up. I hope I'm not canceled.

wlau, have you had a GameFly account before? Apprently they don't let you use free trials if you've had one in the past.

"We're Sorry. The special offer code you entered has expired.

But you still qualify for our 10-Day-Free-Trial. Click "Next" to proceed with your Free Trial sign-up "

Alas, it appears to be deceased. Oh well...

[quote name='StrikerObi']wlau, have you had a GameFly account before? Apprently they don't let you use free trials if you've had one in the past.[/quote]

Nope...my bro has one (same address) though...maybe that's what did it for me.

[quote name='wlau'][quote name='StrikerObi']wlau, have you had a GameFly account before? Apprently they don't let you use free trials if you've had one in the past.[/quote]

Nope...my bro has one (same address) though...maybe that's what did it for me.[/quote]

This sounds very highly likely.

I think the Game Q page will update when the game ships to you. The first two games on the list will be automatically shipped

[quote name='guyver2077']guyz how do you know when they have mailed out a game to you??[/quote]

their will be a blue box above your q that says game you have and when you go to gamefly.com they will be on the side in a blue box the whole entire time your are on the site

bread's done
Back