[Dead] FREE 90-day TRIAL at gamefly.com

[quote name='Graystone']if they cancel alot of accounts I say two words civil suit
then we all get free games[/quote]

OH NOES a coupon expired they still have to honor it or I'll sue :roll:

ill 3rd that. :D lets go into a civil suit! :D but i doubt they will do that, and why would they cancel anywho if they stop 90day trial?

[quote name='ElwoodCuse'][quote name='Graystone']if they cancel alot of accounts I say two words civil suit
then we all get free games[/quote]

OH NOES a coupon expired they still have to honor it or I'll sue :roll:[/quote]

Well if you get the coupon code legimately, you might actually have a case...

I think I put everything but my credit card in and it says 90days trial... mabye it will work tomorrow, we'll have to see I guess.

Yeah, I'm waiting to see if my games ship before I start celebrating. I'm also anxious about seeing how many of my picks will end up going on a waiting list within the next 24 hours. :)

Just as a precaution, I also suggest watching your Subscription Terms for a few days to make sure your account doesn't switch over to 10-day trial period or something. I don't know if Gamefly is that screwy, but still...

-Hoshi

Gamefly is legit. I dont' use the rental service, but I buy the games. That place could have a camera in my house and I'd trust em. That's how much they rock.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']I had a chance to sign up, but like always, I waited and now it's dead.[/quote]

Exactly what I did. :cry:

Anyway, this 10-day free trial could be my answer for some GBA games for my one-week vacation. That is, if they ship fast enough. Does anyone know how exactly the 10-day free trial works? Does it count off days as the game ships? And how long does it take to ship during the 10-day free trial?

My friend did a trial a while ago and was very disappointed in their service. First of all, XboxMaster, if you have 10 days, and it ships for 2 of those days, then those 2 days do count as part of your trial. When my friend had the trial, he never got the game he ordered (Simpsons Hit & Run). Around day 6, he contacted Gamefly, and they gave him 20 days free and shipped him another copy. He then received the second copy in 4 days, and received another copy a day after that. So overall, shipping is about 3-4 days on the east coast. This greatly takes away from the number of games you can get per month. If you're expecting the quality of Netflix, you're not going to get it.

Offtopic- does it seem like Gamefly and Netflix have very similar websites? I think they both may be the same company.

If they're the same company you'd think they'd use the same distro centers.

I doubt that they're the same, since one would advertise the other. Or at least, you'd think they would.

[quote name='PsyClerk']If they're the same company you'd think they'd use the same distro centers.

I doubt that they're the same, since one would advertise the other. Or at least, you'd think they would.[/quote]

Agreed on both points, though their websites are very similar. Perhaps they hired the same company to design theirs if it was all done with outsourced work.

[quote name='Wario64']My account is still alive as of 7:26 AM PDT. Nothing is shipped yet though but so far so good[/quote]
Ditto

Psi-ops is available for me (PS2 version)

And GOOD NEWS FOLKS. My queue page just updated, my first two games are now IN PROCESS!!!

[quote name='Wario64'] Best Buy and GameFly have teamed up to offer
you a 90 day Free Trial....[/quote]

I'm glad we could exploit Best Buy's promotion...they deserve it.
Nobody puts CAG in the corner.

dirty-dancing02.jpg

lol, indeed. I can't believe this went through...both Prine of Persia (GC) and Psi-Ops(PS2) are going in the shipping process right now. I should receive them in 1-2 days since I live in San Jose and apparantly Gamefly resides in Los Angeles

Thanks OP

I went through part of the way on this, but had to stop because of no credit card, but I checked my e-mail this morning, and they have saved my free trial offer! I can continue the process, and still get the 90 day trial.

they put my account on hold because the other one I had a trail on it then they only allow a trail per household. I went to cancel the new one they then asked me where I got the code from cause they said that thousands of people signed up using this one code and alot of accounts will be canceled.
I told them I got it from gamepro.com.

I know someone mentioned that the code was in a DVD case at Best Buy...what are the exact details on this? Do you have to buy something in order to get the code?

Anyway, this 10-day free trial could be my answer for some GBA games for my one-week vacation. That is, if they ship fast enough. Does anyone know how exactly the 10-day free trial works? Does it count off days as the game ships? And how long does it take to ship during the 10-day free trial?

They ship right away, and the day they ship starts your 10 day trial. So if it takes 5 days to be delivered that's only 5 days you have on the trial. They do allow I believe 7 days from the date on cancellation to return the game to them.

I wish I had done this yesterday when I had the chance. :cry: I guess I'll just have to play my other games that I still haven't beaten.

I hope this is 90 days not 10, just got this email from them (they were trying to verify my address for some reason they couldn't find it even tho I found it on the first try). So I just replied with it but pointed out I signed up for 90 day free trial, hope they do'nt change it

I was attempting to verify your delivery address with USPS in order to obtain the zip+4 code for your location, which we require for delivery, but I wasn't able to find a match. Is there another way your address can be spelled or formatted which would make it come up in a http://www.usps.com/zip4/ search? Or, do you know or can you find out from your Post Office what the zip+4 code for your location is? Once we get this information, I'll make sure you get your full 10-day FREE TRIAL.

Thank you and happy gaming!

- Violet

GameFly, Inc.
Customer Service
[email protected]

When I log in, it says there is a problem with my account. I e-mailed them to see what it is but I suspect that its because I've done the trial before. I used a different credit card and e-mail this time so I thought it would sneak through. My guess is they're going to cancel my trial membership.

The services is decent, but it takes 5 days for the games to reach me here in Florida from California, so its not worth the $22 a month to be able to rent 4 games a month.

Like what Hoshi said, I suggest you check your account information on the gamefly site to see if you have the 90 day trial. So far, my subscription begins on 9/19/04

BTW Hoshi, didnt you post on GAF before?

Yep. I'm that Hoshi. Saw a storm brewing and bailed for a while. Looks like it hit pretty hard, too.

-me

Well, the jig is up....

Here's an e-mail I just got...still 30 days is better than zero days...

Dear Gamer,

Recently you signed up with GameFly using a promo code that was posted
publicly without legal permission, thus voiding your 90-Day Free Trial
offer.

However, in good faith and due to your interest in GameFly’s service,
we have automatically enrolled you into a premium 30-day Free Trial,
which is three times the length of our standard Free Trial. We hope this
will satisfy your needs and expectations.

If you feel there has been a mistake, please contact Customer Support
at [email protected] or call 1-888-986-6400, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m.
to 5 p.m. PT.

Thank you again for joining GameFly!

The GameFly Team

+--------- Links ---------+

Yeah, I just saw that email. I'm not complaining, 30 days is better tha nothing. I thought they would just give us the 10 days instead. Oh well. Still not a bad deal!

I don't see why you guys are complaining. I really doubt anyone got this code legitmately. You should be happy you're getting something free

I got the 30-day thing too... my 2 games shipped yesterdy though so I imagine I can get at least 6 games out of this (I'm not going to need the games for that long)/

i JUST signed up, they better honor it for 90 days or ill be pissed and cancel the second i get that mail

Oh no! They might miss out on your non-business that way! :roll:

I got the same 30-day email too but I can't complain really. 30 days is much better than 10, and free is always good.

[quote name='secretvampire']
i JUST signed up, they better honor it for 90 days or ill be pissed and cancel the second i get that mail

Oh no! They might miss out on your non-business that way! :roll:

I got the same 30-day email too but I can't complain really. 30 days is much better than 10, and free is always good.[/quote]

no, they might miss out on the chance to charge my credit card if i forget to cancel on time.

i wont even be using this thing until i get back to school (the 12th) so a 30 trial is useless for me.

its their own fault their code got posted. pretty much every good universial code gets posted somewhere, so its just common sence it would get out. why not give out unique 1 time use codes like ea does? something tells me it wouldnt be hard to do...

Agreed...will get four games out of this (going on vacation for a week). 90 days would have been fantastic...but thirty is better than I thought we'd end up with...

How could you legitamatly get the code. If I can say I did whatever how you were suposed to do it (even though I just got it from here) i'll call and see if they will give me the 90days.

no, they might miss out on the chance to charge my credit card if i forget to cancel on time.

i wont even be using this thing until i get back to school (the 12th) so a 30 trial is useless for me.

I understand your reasons, they are certainly valid, it is just kind of a hollow threat to say you are going to cancel a trial which you have no intention of staying on for the pay service.

I also agree that one-time use codes are essential for these situations, how they thought a universal code would stay a secret is pretty mystifying.

Its probaly just a scam to charge people early if they dont check their mail. Have you noticed the code seems to still work, I put it in the promo thing and it says its alright... I might have to try and see if it will work.

[quote name='secretvampire']

I understand your reasons, they are certainly valid, it is just kind of a hollow threat to say you are going to cancel a trial which you have no intention of staying on for the pay service.

I also agree that one-time use codes are essential for these situations, how they thought a universal code would stay a secret is pretty mystifying.[/quote]

yeah...i like free stuff ^^

I'm gonna ask again, anyone know the EXACT details on how the code is being distributed out? I know Best Buy is involved, but how do they give them out? These details could be really helpful at this moment :p

bread's done
Back