[DEAD] Get 100 MS Points if you Sign-up for Games for Windows newsletter

After checking the box to sign up and clicking the next button, I get taken to a page that says "Looks like you don't have Silverlight". Do I need to install it to get my points?

[quote name='popular penguin']After checking the box to sign up and clicking the next button, I get taken to a page that says "Looks like you don't have Silverlight". Do I need to install it to get my points?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that it probably worked for you. The page you go to after signing up is the xbox.com homepage, which has a silverlight banner showing off what's new and featured.

[quote name='popular penguin']After checking the box to sign up and clicking the next button, I get taken to a page that says "Looks like you don't have Silverlight". Do I need to install it to get my points?[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']So did you guys automatically get an email with the points or are we all just waiting for it?[/QUOTE]
Snipped from the OP...

... A code redeemable for 100 Microsoft Points will be sent to the email address provided at time of registration within 4–6 weeks after the offer end date, November 14, 2010. ...
So, we are all just waiting till the end of Dec for our points (4 to 6 weeks from Nov 14).

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']after I click next it just brings me back to the xbox.com homepage, how do I know if it worked/ entered me?[/QUOTE]
That is normal. As far as I can tell, it hasn't been added to the account prefs settings, yet. However, if you try to re-subscribe (click on the link in the OP while still logged in), you will notice that it takes you directly to the xbox.com home page, skipping the signup form. So, you can at least confirm that it won't let you signup again.

Microsoft is offering 100 points as a bonus for signing up for the Games for Windows newsletter. Offer is valid for the first 50,000 people.

Here is the link with all the details

[quote name='utopianmachine']Signed up, but have yet to receive anything. Hope I get the points with the first newsletter or something.[/QUOTE]

from the page:

"A code redeemable for 100 Microsoft Points will be sent to the email address provided at time of registration within 4–6 weeks after the offer end date, November 14, 2010. "

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Thanks, but this seams like it will be abused heavily.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be limited to one sign-up per account?

Yeah I believe it will be tied to the xbox live account that was made, in order to circumvent signing up multiple emails and using a code to redeem on a single account. But I could be wrong which could be possible from the quote above. Anyway I signed up a couple days ago. 100 points is a 100 points..

I think I signed up. I checked the checkbox and clicked the button, but there was no acknowledgment, it just dumped me into the xbox website front page. Did anybody see anything other then that?

[quote name='utopianmachine']Signed up, but have yet to receive anything. Hope I get the points with the first newsletter or something.[/QUOTE]

same here, signed up 2 days ago and still nothing.

It says 4-6 weeks for delivery...AFTER the Nov. 14th deadline. Sheesh people always want stuff instantly nowadays and never read the fine print. Between this and the BING stuff I'll have gotten around 600-700 free points from MS this month... then add in the 800 rebate (which I thought we were supposed to receive a message once we got to that point...?) and some of us are making out like bandits!

I went through and entered my email address and everything, but I didn't get any type of confirmation or anything that said I had actually signed up for the newsletter. I just ended up at xbox.com.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I went through and entered my email address and everything, but I didn't get any type of confirmation or anything that said I had actually signed up for the newsletter. I just ended up at xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

Stupid site. I can't even find where to signup. It says click here in small blue letters down below but I click it and there is nothing to signup to. Just a place to download windows live client so can't do it unless someone tells me the trick to finding it.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Stupid site. I can't even find where to signup. It says click here in small blue letters down below but I click it and there is nothing to signup to. Just a place to download windows live client so can't do it unless someone tells me the trick to finding it.[/QUOTE]

Are you already signed into your account? Since it's a MS link, they should have all your account info on file already.

bread's done
Back