[DEAD] Get 100 MS Points if you Sign-up for Games for Windows newsletter

[quote name='Thrinn']Are you already signed into your account? Since it's a MS link, they should have all your account info on file already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was already signed it but didn't show me anything to do so I don't know.

I just went back and clicked I accept the terms again so I guess I did sign up by just checking that box. I done that earlier too so funny that is let me do it again so I'm confused.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']Thanks, but this seams like it will be abused heavily.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Thrinn']Wouldn't it be limited to one sign-up per account?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='aznguyen316']Yeah I believe it will be tied to the xbox live account that was made, in order to circumvent signing up multiple emails and using a code to redeem on a single account. But I could be wrong which could be possible from the quote above. Anyway I signed up a couple days ago. 100 points is a 100 points..[/QUOTE]
The trick here is that the xbox.com accounts are linked to Live accounts. And, in order to abuse the offer, one would have to have/create a bunch of Live accounts. The Live account creation is a tricky one since it involves a dynamic captcha, as well as being limited to 3 new accounts per IP per day. So, most people would not have the resources available to circumvent the captcha and the IP address restriction, thus making it somewhat harder to abuse than it may appear at first glance.

That being said, people who happen to already have several Xbox or Live accounts will be able to easily and quickly sign up for the newsletter on each of their existing accounts without even having to pass a captcha challenge.

[quote name='crunchewy']I think I signed up. I checked the checkbox and clicked the button, but there was no acknowledgment, it just dumped me into the xbox website front page. Did anybody see anything other then that?[/QUOTE]
That is normal. If you tried the sign up link again, you would notice that it gets instantly forwarded to the xbox.com home page, bypassing the form entirely. So, it appears that the site has stored the fact that you already completed the form.

Eventually, I suspect that the 'new and improved' xbox.com site will let you select and remove your newsletter settings. The old site had a page for it, along with other account settings (like your privacy settings) which I cannot seem to find a way to get to... Yet?

Everytime I click the sign up link I get a message saying "Windows Live ID is unavailable from this site" anyone else having this problem?

[quote name='JamesXR']Thanks, when did you get the code after registering there?[/QUOTE]

Snipped from the OP...

... A code redeemable for 100 Microsoft Points will be sent to the email address provided at time of registration within 4–6 weeks after the offer end date, November 14, 2010. ...

So, you should expect to get your code sometime between Dec 14 and Dec 30, 2010.

well it is officially dead most likely exploited to death

This promotion has ended. However, you can still sign up for the Games for Windows Newsletter.

[quote name='killer9']well it is officially dead

This promotion has ended. However, you can still sign up for the Games for Windows Newsletter.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for telling us, gonna update the OP.

If you signed up for this newsletter with a newly registered Xbox Live account, then you may want to check your inbox. On November 9th, two accounts I created received thank you emails, each offering a free Xbox 360 Wireless Controller avatar prop. My pre-existing Xbox account did not receive this offer.

[quote name='NoDAK']If you signed up for this newsletter with a newly registered Xbox Live account, then you may want to check your inbox. On November 9th, two accounts I created received thank you emails, each offering a free Xbox 360 Wireless Controller avatar prop. My pre-existing Xbox account did not receive this offer.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I didn't get jack. Thanks MS >_>

yeah on the new one i made i got an email for a free prop. not gunna use it tho cause im not using that as a gamertag. on the 2 exsisting accounts i have i got jack

[quote name='thadarksandman']yeah on the new one i made i got an email for a free prop. not gunna use it tho cause im not using that as a gamertag. on the 2 exsisting accounts i have i got jack[/QUOTE]

...If you're not using it I would gladly take it.. :D

Same goes to anyone else with one.

[quote name='killer9']why would u want them[/QUOTE]

I change my avatar a lot... I have what you call no attention span.

I noticed the xbox controller avatar prop in my mailbox yesterday too, it spits out a unique code & it's not tied to the account, I redeemed mine yesterday

[quote name='NoDAK']You didn't get anything on a newly created Xbox Live account, or your "Captain Urahara" one?[/QUOTE]
Both. Nothing for my gamertag(Captain Urahara), nor on the newly created one for my girlfriend.

Yeah, the gift link enclosed in the email isn't tied to that account; it can be accessed by a different person. Likewise, the unique code it generates in the redemption field can be saved for another account.

Hmm...dunno why your gf's tag got skipped, Captain. As far as I know, each person I signed up received one. Only my long-standing, gold-subscribed account got no love (like always).

[quote name='NoDAK']Hmm...dunno why your gf's tag got skipped, Captain. As far as I know, each person I signed up received one. Only my long-standing, gold-subscribed account got no love (like always).[/QUOTE]
Microsoft always skips over me sadly :cry:

Now they are skipping over the ones I love as well. Microsoft = Assholes.

I never get any of those things either, so don't feel too bad Urahara lol I've been a member of Live since it's been out and I have another general tag, which also gets nothing. It's annoying.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Microsoft always skips over me sadly :cry:

Now they are skipping over the ones I love as well. Microsoft = Assholes.[/QUOTE]

The controller avatar prop is only for new accounts. No old accounts will get these in emails.

[quote name='clickpow']The controller avatar prop is only for new accounts. No old accounts will get these in emails.[/QUOTE]
Like I stated, my girlfriend's account is BRAND NEW. She received NOTHING.

Edit: Just want to make it clear that neither of us even really wants the prop. We are just pissed that Microsoft overlooks us on everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Captain Urahara']Like I stated, my girlfriend's account is BRAND NEW. She received NOTHING.

Edit: Just want to make it clear that neither of us even really wants the prop. We are just pissed that Microsoft overlooks us on everything.[/QUOTE]

When you signed up for that new account it should have said enter a valid email for a free gift. If it didn't say that then you didn't sign up during the time the prop was offered. If you did then microsoft hates you just like they do with me most of the time. =(

[quote name='killer9']free gift was a 100 msp not the controller[/QUOTE]

no, that was for the games for windows live newsletter signup

"To say thanks for joining Xbox LIVE, we'd like you to have this gift—a free Avatar item—an Xbox 360 controller. You can use this item to personalize your Avatar on Xbox.com and in Xbox LIVE."

They sent out the avatar prop to anyone that created a new XBL account. Which, coincidentally, some people did in order to sign up for the newsletter...

People with existing accounts didn't get the prop, but will get 100 MSP sometime next month.

New accounts got the prop, and should be getting the MSP, too.

Don't know what you did to MS to get on their sh*t list, Captain Urahara, but if it makes you feel better, I have a couple spare if you want one, or two... I know you said you didn't, but if you change your mind, just let me know. ;)

^^^

I would love one if you have a spare. I didn't create any new email address to take advantage of their promo but got shafted at the end.

EDIT: Got a code. Thanks!

[quote name='A Gamer']They sent out the avatar prop to anyone that created a new XBL account. Which, coincidentally, some people did in order to sign up for the newsletter...

People with existing accounts didn't get the prop, but will get 100 MSP sometime next month.

New accounts got the prop, and should be getting the MSP, too.

Don't know what you did to MS to get on their sh*t list, Captain Urahara, but if it makes you feel better, I have a couple spare if you want one, or two... I know you said you didn't, but if you change your mind, just let me know. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not all new accounts got one. I created two and only one of them got the prop.

EDIT: OK, I've received as many PMs as I have prop codes. Will be sending them out shortly.

Anyone need a wireless controller prop? PM me.

[quote name='eugaet']EDIT: OK, I've received as many PMs as I have prop codes. Will be sending them out shortly.

Anyone need a wireless controller prop? PM me.[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much for the code!

[quote name='Metalic']If anyone has a spare code that would be awesome, I didnt even get 100 MS points.[/QUOTE]

No one has gotten their points yet.

Rats, another freebie I missed out on... I guess I am not observant enough. :whistle2:/
Congrats to all those that were able to get a piece. :) Does the controller prop look pretty cool?

[quote name='Hsith']A code redeemable for 100 Microsoft Points will be sent to the email address provided at time of registration within 4–6 weeks after the offer end date, November 14, 2010.[/QUOTE]
It's been just over 2 weeks so expect to wait another 2-4 weeks. Maybe a little less, maybe a little more.

bread's done
Back