[DEAD] Grindhouse Special Edition Blu-ray $9.99 @ BestBuy.com YMMV

Can someone explains what this means and maybe give their opinion on what would happen if I did in-store pickup. These movies didn't particularly interest me given their director's, but at that price it is hard to pass up.

[quote name='Taco5']Received pickup confirmation.

When items are pulled do they go by title or sku?[/QUOTE]It's usually on title than SKU, though sometimes they catch it by SKU # and correct the mistake.

In this, if the order confirmation shows Grindhouse, probably a 50 / 50 chance of getting Grindhouse at the "right" price.

Couldn't you just go to the customer service counter without ordering online and say 'I saw this for $9.99 on BB.com and it's a great deal, can you PM that price?' I don't think the clerk will look closely at the SKU, rather just see the image (which will be identical to what is on the counter) and the price and get a manger to override..might be worth it, I don't need the film, but I do like effing with them!

edit: no I'm an idiot, I see whats going on, I guess that won't work..

So correct me if I'm wrong cause I dont know, but the $10 one is supposed to be 1 film (Deathproof) of the 2 but the Special Edition has both (it with Planet Terror)? This mistake could net you both films (ie the SE) for $10 as far as I can tell and not a SE of just Deathproof?

[quote name='Arakias']So correct me if I'm wrong cause I dont know, but the $10 one is supposed to be 1 film (Deathproof) of the 2 but the Special Edition has both (it with Planet Terror)? This mistake could net you both films (ie the SE) for $10 as far as I can tell and not a SE of just Deathproof?[/QUOTE]

yeah pretty much what I gathered, I never clicked on the second link to realize it was a '2-pack' seems like a real long shot..can't believe AZ wants $34.99 for the 2-disc..

I just ordered. Figured I'll give it a shot. Seems like a longshot though. We'll see. I already have the films from the 1st Blu Ray release still sealed, so I don't care too much whether this works or not.

It would be really awesome if the special edition blu ray didn't have shitty low bitrate 5.1 that's even worse quality than the old DVD release. I don't even care about sound very much, but even I know that's ridiculous. But for $9.99, I wouldn't have a fuck though. :p

OK, maybe I'm retarded but when I select pick up as delivery it lists my store as unavailable. How does their ship to store work exactly then? Doesn't make much sense to me that in order to pick it up it needs to be in stock if they're going to ship it there anyways.

[quote name='Jodou']OK, maybe I'm retarded but when I select pick up as delivery it lists my store as unavailable. How does their ship to store work exactly then? Doesn't make much sense to me that in order to pick it up it needs to be in stock if they're going to ship it there anyways.[/QUOTE]

You can only do in store pick up if that store has it in stock. Since your local store does not have the Death Proof Blu-ray in stock you will not be able to do store pick up. Luckily for me my BB had both the Death Proof and Grindhouse SE Blu-rays in stock so I was able to order for in store pick up. Hopefully all goes ok when I go to pick this up after work this evening.

[quote name='AceHazard']You can only do in store pick up if that store has it in stock. Since your local store does not have the Death Proof Blu-ray in stock you will not be able to do store pick up. Luckily for me my BB had both the Death Proof and Grindhouse SE Blu-rays in stock so I was able to order for in store pick up. Hopefully all goes ok when I go to pick this up after work this evening.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I thought as much, so this isn't a true ship to store as people were calling it. Every other BB in the area has it but of course the store I'm going to be right next to this afternoon is the only one OOS. Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

Grabbed one, going to head over later to see if they will honor it.

You must stalk blu-rays all the time incredipinoy, so many blu-ray deal threads ;D

[quote name='Squarehard']Grabbed one, going to head over later to see if they will honor it.

You must stalk blu-rays all the time incredipinoy, so many blu-ray deal threads ;D[/QUOTE]

he's over on the dvd talk forum a well

No go for me. They pulled Death Proof.
Tried to explain the situation and what I expected to receive.

The worst part about it was they weren't able to refund me my money. I still don't know what the issue was....something about their servers not syncing up or some nonsense.
So I wasted damn near an hour for them to try to figure it out...but of course they couldn't...and left with the movie but have to go back to return it.
Kind of pissed about that.

Damn! I have one of those micro BB stores, so unfortunately they don't have it, if they ever had it that is. Thanks for the post though, OP!

Has this actually worked for anyone? The SKU's are clearly different, the product images are clearly different. I suppose if you get a lame-brained employee who pulls the disc based on title instead of sku, then maybe, but I don't see any "success" postings yet?

[quote name='macschwag14']Do you think it will work ordering the SE, which is is stock, and then bringing a printout of what the website said for a PM?[/QUOTE]

FLOL only if you replace the image of DeathProof on the page with the Grindhouse image. Which is not an action I am in any way endorsing or promoting.

I'm just ordering and hoping for the best - like Incredipinoy stated, "play dumb" if there are any problems and simply point to your printed out receipt indicating GRINDHOUSE SPECIAL EDITION on BLU, bought and paid for at $9.99

What was that other movie they messed up last week or a couple of weeks ago in similar fashion? I already can't remember there are too many damn deals all the time!

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL only if you replace the image of DeathProof on the page with the Grindhouse image. Which is not an action I am in any way endorsing or promoting.

I'm just ordering and hoping for the best - like Incredipinoy stated, "play dumb" if there are any problems and simply point to your printed out receipt indicating GRINDHOUSE SPECIAL EDITION on BLU, bought and paid for at $9.99

What was that other movie they messed up last week or a couple of weeks ago in similar fashion? I already can't remember there are too many damn deals all the time![/QUOTE]

Ironman 2 3-disc for $15 and Batman: Under the Red Hood for $6 before that. If memory serves.

Huh. Got my "your item is ready for pickup" email, though it's hard to tell what item is ready for pickup. :) I would hope that if there's a mismatch between the title ordered and what actually gets pulled, they would send notification, since customers generally place orders based on the title, not based on the SKU. But who knows. I'm not going to be able to make it there until later this evening at the earliest to find out.

So has anyone actually gone in to pick up their order yet?

I ordered this and did in store pick up. I won't know till tomorrow if it'll work or not but maybe by then someone will have gotten it and will let us know.

[quote name='arcane93']Huh. Got my "your item is ready for pickup" email, though it's hard to tell what item is ready for pickup. :) I would hope that if there's a mismatch between the title ordered and what actually gets pulled, they would send notification, since customers generally place orders based on the title, not based on the SKU. But who knows. I'm not going to be able to make it there until later this evening at the earliest to find out.

So has anyone actually gone in to pick up their order yet?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did. Ordered this morning and picked up at lunchtime.
They gave me Deathproof. Same as in the picture.
Wouldn't budge on what I told them I ordered.
They pulled up the BB website and it's pretty clear what "we" ordered.
I'm going to guess they pull by SKU as that's what the csr referenced.

[quote name='yedgee']No go for me. They pulled Death Proof.
Tried to explain the situation and what I expected to receive.

The worst part about it was they weren't able to refund me my money. I still don't know what the issue was....something about their servers not syncing up or some nonsense.
So I wasted damn near an hour for them to try to figure it out...but of course they couldn't...and left with the movie but have to go back to return it.
Kind of pissed about that.[/QUOTE]
If they won't give you the movie you want, just don't pick it up and the order will be automatically cancelled after a week or so.

Yeah, demonchylde and I just failed. They pulled Deathproof, and not only that, I couldn't find a single copy of Grindhouse SE on Blu in store to try to get them to go with. There were plenty of spots where it could have been, so I'm not sure if Best Buy/this store knows about the goof and pulled all their copies or what.

So if you are going to give this a shot, BE SURE TO CHECK STORE INVENTORY ON THE REAL GRINDHOUSE S.E. (although, I just checked store availability on the real Grindhouse S.E. and sure enough, this store is listed as having it available...perhaps I can try to order the real one and pick it up via the $9.99 Deathproof's confirmation page, hmmm).

I'm going to try all week to score it, as the order cancels on the 20th, and if it doesn't work I'll just raise a stink with the manager and the whole "calling Best Buy corporate" thing to see if I can at least get a gift card out of it.

They totally go by SKU and pull your disc before you show up at the store. Karky and I tried this and you get Deathproof because that's what you bought. It's too bad, I was cautiously optimistic.

So I'm calling this deal Dead on Arrival as opposed to extreme YMMV, since you'd basically have to be able to sell ice to Eskimos to pull this one off. (IMO) :cry:

after getting the shaft yesterday on the rolling stones 'four flicks' i can't wait to start round 2 today if i don't get this squared away. i'm at least getting a giftcard after the smoke clears.

Well I was able to get the Grindhouse BD for $10. They pulled Death Proof of course but I told them that was the wrong thing. They then sent someone to get Grindhouse and that's what I got. They never scanned any of the discs either so that may have worked in my favor.

[quote name='AceHazard']Well I was able to get the Grindhouse BD for $10. They pulled Death Proof of course but I told them that was the wrong thing. They then sent someone to get Grindhouse and that's what I got. They never scanned any of the discs either so that may have worked in my favor.[/QUOTE]

Very cool!

My store has the Grindhouse SE in stock but supposedly not Death Proof, which is funny since they had a bunch of copies a few days ago. Any clever ideas of how to attempt to pick up Grindhouse without the site letting me pick up Death Proof at my store?

Print out should work. I suggest you to turn-off the flash/image without showing Death Proof artwork on the product page.

10wv95w.jpg

but what about the 2008 date on the page next to the sku, won't that give it away if someone knows when grindhouse came out

One thing to point out too is that the synopsis is the same for both links. If it was really only for Deathproof, the Synopsis would only talk about that movie on its own and not the other one as well.

It was a no go for me, not that I expected any different. The store explained that they go by SKU, not by product name. SoCal BBs are usually too smart for this sort of thing. I can't help trying each and every time there's a glitch though. :)

bread's done
Back