Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Credit + Thanks goes to PrinnyOtaku

icon10.gif
Coupons do stack with sale prices
icon8.gif
Coupons do not stack with price matches, package deals (buy 2, get 1, etc) or other promotions (monthly 10% off, etc)

CURRENT SALES - Coupons valid 10/2-10/29
Assassin's Creed Revelations is on the current cover

:360::ps3: NHL12 - $50 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3: Dead Rising 2 Off the Record - $30 after $10 off coupon
:360::ps3::pc: Deus Ex Human Revolution - $45 after $15 off coupon
:360: Tropico 4 - $40 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: ICO/SOTC OR GOW Origins Collection - $30 after $10 off coupon
:wii::ds: Just Dance Summer Party OR The Smurfs - $20 after $10 off coupon
:ps3: Turtle Beach Ear Force PBT - $30 after $20 off coupon
iconbestbuy.gif
PPK Onyx Mercury - $60 after $20 off coupon

MAGAZINE DETAILS

SUBSCRIBING (In-Store vs online)
In-Store - you get the current months mag free just have them scan it when you bring the sub receipt from the gaming pre-order kiosk. Keep this receipt in the event you don't get the next months mag & a gaming rep may allow you to use a store copy until you start getting yours in the mail.

Mag Prices - $5 single issue, $15 year sub of 10 issues not 12(2 months coupons overlaps)
$15 also covers BB unlocked bonuses(10% off used & + 10% extra trade-in)
Complete BB Gamers Club Unlocked FAQ'S + Details
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/earning/?gamersClub
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Gamers-Club-Changes-9-12-11/td-p/320180

***YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE "UNLOCKED" TO USE THE COUPONS & IT'S NOT TIED TO YOUR RZ ACCOUNT JUST USE THE COUPON***

Here's the link to the @gamer mag site if you need assistance on tracking your subs email them & if there's an error on their end they'll credit you on the back end with more issues. Their also on Twitter & facebook.

For those who may not think the $15 is worth it here's the previous months mags since coupons started stacking judge for yourself:
June/July issue
August issue
September Issue

For those having issues in-store getting reps to abide by the new policy - link
This is the EXACT TEXT from the 6/1 memo that was sent to me;

"@Gamer Coupon Now Good on Sale Items

You asked for it and got it. Now there is even more value for our gaming customers that purchase @gamer magazine. Magazine coupons, effective June 1, are now good on sale prices. Coupons will still state that offers are NOT valid on sale prices so make sure your customers know that they can get value top of value!"

For any issues that occur with the system not being updated to accept the coupons or technical problems - link

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this in the other thread but figured it'd might be helpful for people here as well who aren't watching both..

Just got back from the Springfield, OH Best Buy and here are the new details...

God Of War is STILL ringing up $34.99 in store (as of around 5:30 EST)

Ico / Shadow Collection coupon WENT THROUGH FINE WITHOUT manual override, I had the forum post in hand explaining it to the attendant, and she said she'd just scan it and see what would happen and it took it right off without any questions.

So if you are interested in the Ico / Shadow game for $15 you (should) be good to go! God Of War should price match, but can't use the coupon.

Also signed up 9/12 so no mag yet (i'd be surprised to receive it Jan.
Went in today and asked for the free mag, took about 5 min, but no problem.
Went to CS to get the mag and took GOW with me.
Took 2 overrides for the GOW, but walked out with a $15 copy.

I did luck out that the person at CS used to own a couple GForce stores and said he would be doing the same thing when getting off today.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']It was free if you had an @gamer sub already. They sent out vouchers for free unlocked with the September issue.

As for the 10% bonus, from what I heard it is just a radial button that they have to push honor system style where it doesn't double check. Sounds like they have been doing that for you.

The 10% might be bad info because it's only hearsay to me as I haven't succesfully got to use it yet.[/QUOTE]
ah ok, thx for the reply, I just signed up for the sub anyway since bestbuy is usually my go to place to buy and trade games, also I just came back from bestbuy and the coupon works with ICO/ Shadow of the Collosus Collection so that little problem is fixed.

so did the coupon work without override now? if not is there like a site or forum page that i can show to the CS?

[quote name='Silence4520']so did the coupon work without override now? if not is there like a site or forum page that i can show to the CS?[/QUOTE]
It should work fine now, although if it doesn't I doubt showing them the forum post will change anything since they don't even update their registers.

I was denied the Ico/Colossus Collection for $15 with the coupon at first, but after I mentioned the 6/1 memo the guy was nice enough to look it up and then gave it to me for that price. Serious thanks to the OP and to those who have talked about that 6/1 memo.

[quote name='exaznkid']It should work fine now, although if it doesn't I doubt showing them the forum post will change anything since they don't even update their registers.[/QUOTE]

do you have like a link to the forum?

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']Just got back from the Springfield, OH Best Buy and here are the new details...

God Of War is STILL ringing up $34.99 in store (as of around 5:30 EST)

Ico / Shadow Collection coupon WENT THROUGH FINE WITHOUT manual override, I had the forum post in hand explaining it to the attendant, and she said she'd just scan it and see what would happen and it took it right off without any questions.

So if you are interested in the Ico / Shadow game for $15 you (should) be good to go! God Of War should price match, but can't use the coupon.[/QUOTE]
This makes me happy to hear. Springfield OH is my closest BestBuy. I was actually there today to trade in stuff but forgot the coupon was in my wallet.

Do you happen to know if they had any more in stock? Because if so I'll pick it up tomorrow on my way to urbana

I can also confirm that the coupon stacks w/ ico automatically. had to buy the mag though so it came out to $21.

Shout outs to enuf, as well as kyle and mike (who mod the best buy forums). Thanks for making this happen.

Wait, so the coupon is in the magazine that I have to buy so the game would come out to $20 after buying the $5 magazine?

[quote name='megaman1421']Wait, so the coupon is in the magazine that I have to buy so the game would come out to $20 after buying the $5 magazine?[/QUOTE]

Yes. And I'm not too pleased with BBY that I signed up for their "unlocked" program which is supposed to include the magazine subscription (with the coupons being the big draw there) and they have yet to deliver the October magazine to me. It has been nearly a month since I signed up.

[quote name='io']Yes. And I'm not too pleased with BBY that I signed up for their "unlocked" program which is supposed to include the magazine subscription (with the coupons being the big draw there) and they have yet to deliver the October magazine to me. It has been nearly a month since I signed up.[/QUOTE]
You could always try like I did while waiting for the first issue to show up at your house. Take your receipt into one of your local BB stores and say you haven't received the first issue yet and ask if they could let you use whichever coupon you want to get the deal from.

That's how I got the other copy of Hunted last month.;)

[quote name='io']Yes. And I'm not too pleased with BBY that I signed up for their "unlocked" program which is supposed to include the magazine subscription (with the coupons being the big draw there) and they have yet to deliver the October magazine to me. It has been nearly a month since I signed up.[/QUOTE]

the program being new and all with the unlocked offer has a lot kinks to iron out. for the future benefit of everyone, I hope BB can catch up to GS in time with this whole new movement. but i expect all of these Unlocked/@Gamer issues to continue for awhile unfortunately.

Had my girlfriend pick up ICO/SotC on her way home from work. Had no problem using coupon with sale, so at least my BB does things right. Side note, thank god I know someone with a 3D TV...because I had no idea it supported it till I saw the box!

Takes 6-8 weeks processing like any other magazine ( why, i still don't get). As cheapest said, take in your receipt. I've picked up 3 magazines the past two months this way. If i don't get November's, i may go nuts though[quote name='io']Yes. And I'm not too pleased with BBY that I signed up for their "unlocked" program which is supposed to include the magazine subscription (with the coupons being the big draw there) and they have yet to deliver the October magazine to me. It has been nearly a month since I signed up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheodorusMajorus']I was denied the Ico/Colossus Collection for $15 with the coupon at first, but after I mentioned the 6/1 memo the guy was nice enough to look it up and then gave it to me for that price. Serious thanks to the OP and to those who have talked about that 6/1 memo.[/QUOTE]

I went through that with the God of War collection..however NOBODY at my BB could figure out how to search for the memo. Needless to say I was denied.

However, a quick call to corporate and complaints of "Why the hell did I buy your mag subscription for coupons I can't use" and I got a $20 gift card. Works for me :)

[quote name='Japakneez']The 6/1 memo doesn't exist :lol:[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it doesnt exist or they no longer had it, but my Sales clerk couldnt find it either. He did look online and I'm assuming he found the forum posts and that was enough for him because he said he didnt find it but found something similar.

The funny thing is that i recall seeing a pic of it once on CAG back in June. It really looked like a memo that anyone could have written :lol: I did try to tell my local store in the gaming department to look it up but they couldn't find this memo. I don't know how their 'memo system' works but I wouldn't be surprised if it is out of this system by now.

This.

I kept thinking to myself it'll be a better deal if I sign up for the year subscription, since I'd already bought 3 magazines for $5 apiece. What I didn't take into account was that the magazine could show up at anytime during the month possibly causing me to miss out on a game deal completely (that seems to be the case this month).

I already did the "but I haven't received my mag yet" excuse which surprisingly worked... somewhat.

Last time I went in, I used that excuse and they actually said "okay", but when I got to checkout they didn't let me use the coupon since at that point in time it required them to manually drop the price/get manager override (Ico/Shadow of the Colossus)

[quote name='VincenteX']@gamer coupon for ICO+SotC worked without an override for me today as 5:30pm PDT[/QUOTE]

So it should be good to go then? That's awesome! Looks like I'm doing this tomorrow after I clock out.

[quote name='megaman1421']Wait, so the coupon is in the magazine that I have to buy so the game would come out to $20 after buying the $5 magazine?[/QUOTE]
yeah, actually a bit more than $21 after tax for me (my mag hasn't come in yet). they should just have 1 time use coupons linked to our best buy or reward zone accounts. i don't care about the magazine anyway. only signed up for 10% extra on trade ins and the coupons. haven't received any mag since i signed up (almost 2 full months).

I signed up on 6/7 and I didn't receive my first issue until 10/4. I have 3to other that I signed up for in September that I'm still waiting on. 4 weeks is acceptable, 4 months is excessively stupidly rediculous.

I got the coupon to stack on Ico today with no problems. The store had the game and magazines on a table by the front door. There was a note taped to the game cases that said "Ask an associate about the Gamer Coupon."

[quote name='TheWooz']Does the ICO+SotC sale end today? Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Don't quote me on this, but I think it ends sometime next week. I think someone mentioned 10/15 as the end date for the $24.99 packs.

[quote name='VincenteX']Don't quote me on this, but I think it ends sometime next week. I think someone mentioned 10/15 as the end date for the $24.99 packs.[/QUOTE]

It ends on the 15th. I checked the system and it goes until the 15th.

Well I was raging a bit a few days ago about BB dropping the ball but today was a good day. Website said my local BB has ICO in stock so I stopped by...one copy left...no problems using coupon. Very happy since I never played these games.

I paid msrp on release date for the ico pack and was able to get it price adjusted to 24.99 once the sale went live. I should be able to go in with the coupon and get another adjustment right?

I have a similar question as sirdudeoi, i ordered ICO when it was $24.99 online and have it shipped to store, can i bring in the coupon and have them take the discount?

[quote name='CAG90210']I have a similar question as sirdudeoi, i ordered ICO when it was $24.99 online and have it shipped to store, can i bring in the coupon and have them take the discount?[/QUOTE]
On the back of the coupon it says no.

[quote name='Donkey132']Mag finally arrived today which turned out to be perfect timing. Picked up ico np.[/QUOTE]

When did you subscribe?

[quote name='Donkey132']Around September 15th[/QUOTE]

I signed up around that same time, I think a day or two before the Gamers Club Unlocked program started so hopefully I get my magazine this week.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I signed up around that same time, I think a day or two before the Gamers Club Unlocked program started so hopefully I get my magazine this week.[/QUOTE]

I really doubt that you will receive it this month ... but hey you paid $15 bucks for 12 issues...so take that receipt to the store and get your free copy! (they can look it up also)
that's what I did and then bought the GOW collection for $15...

Apparently the ICO/SOTC coupon was fixed late this week to ring up correctly at the register. Now the real test will be to see if it's fixed from here on out, or if that was just a specific fix for that coupon. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record should be available Oct. 11th, so we'll see if the $10 coupon for that goes off without a hitch. I have my doubts.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Apparently the ICO/SOTC coupon was fixed late this week to ring up correctly at the register. Now the real test will be to see if it's fixed from here on out, or if that was just a specific fix for that coupon. Dead Rising 2: Off the Record should be available Oct. 11th, so we'll see if the $10 coupon for that goes off without a hitch. I have my doubts.[/QUOTE]

The coupons works, it just they cause issues when mixed with sale prices. Since DR OTR won't be on sale there shouldn't be any issues.

[quote name='Ultragamer']The coupons works, it just they cause issues when mixed with sale prices. Since DR OTR won't be on sale there shouldn't be any issues.[/QUOTE]

I heard a rumor DR2 OTR was going to be on sale, but not in the sale ad....kinda like ICO was. Can't remember we're I heard this, but I think it was going to be 34.99 sometime next week. Can't remember where I saw this....but hope it's true.

Got ICO/SotC today. Once I asked the BB employee for the magazine (it was locked up under the register in the video game section), I didn't even have to mention the coupon to her. She knew what I wanted it for once she saw the game in my hand. :lol:

[quote name='donut']I really doubt that you will receive it this month ... but hey you paid $15 bucks for 12 issues...so take that receipt to the store and get your free copy! (they can look it up also)
that's what I did and then bought the GOW collection for $15...[/QUOTE]
Actually it's 10 issues, but who's counting. I got a few extra mags last month and the new one just for asking also.

So tempted to get Ico and GoW collections even though my ps3 broke and I don't know if I am getting another. $30 for 4 great games that have escaped me for a long time is almost too much to pass up, even if I don't have the system.

bread's done
Back