[DEAD] Official Toys R US Buy 2 Get 1 Free - Free shipping added to more games

I thought about going to the store but like, Quickfix I'm about ready to fire bomb TRU on general principle.

Plus it's an hour ride to manhattan and back, if I lave now I wont be back to like 7 PM and it would seriously piss me off if I was out that late for nothing... I might be tempted to go buy a PStwo just to make the trip worth something... :p

[quote name='Abysthor']Yay my first post!

I picked up:

Tales of Symphonia
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mortal Kombat Deception (Xbox)

Also picked up Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusades and 2 random $50 games so I can exchange them for Metroid Prime 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.[/quote]

They are not going to let your exchange them the rules says you cant get any game that came out AFTER 10/30 so you cant Return a game for Metroid 2 ... Love how people think this isnt ripping the store off..

Funny thing is, I didn't even get one PS2 game like I thought I was. They just didn't have any games I wanted. I wanted SF Anniversary Collection, Megaman AC, and much more...

I just got back a few minutes ago from my local TRU. Surprisingly they still had a good selection of games. I picked up:
Paper Mario 2
Madden 2005
TMNT 2: Battle Nexus

I got

Megaman Collection
Vietiful Joe non PC
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

I put a hold on

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Will pick it up and GTA:SA and Possibly Star Ocean 3 still deciding on the third on Tuesday

[quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='Levizk']The copies of Shin Megami Tensei you guys are picking up at TRU, do they have the limited edition soundtrack in them or are those gone?[/quote]

Yes, mine has a limited edition soundtrack cd. I didn't bother to check until now.[/quote]

You know what, I just open up mine and there is alimited edition soundtrack. Weird, I thought mine didn't came with it.

[quote name='QuickFix']OK, TRU has been on my shit list for sometime because of their outragous prices and lack of stock in good games (and you wonder why they can't compete with WalMart?), but I thought this was a good deal and went ahead and tried it.

Going to get:
Pikmin 2
Paper Mario
Tales of Symphonia

But when I went to check out the code wouldn't work because they have the price for Pikmin 2 at 45.95!! WTF TRU.

I am officially never going into another TRU or buying something online from them. Everytime I give them another shot I just end up wasting my time.[/quote]

I was able to get Pikmin 2 in the deal - mine was 49.99. TRU stores must have the abality to price change on the store level (maybe a price match?). I agree about the selection I bought 9 games today and 3 of them were the last one, 2 only had one left and 2 I had to get for the PS2 since they were sold out on the xbox.

BTW, You could try to get Pikmin 2 as the free game. Just ring it up last. The deal is buy any 2 49.99, 39.99 etc game and get one of lesser or equal value free. One of my deals was 29.99, 19.99 and I got a 19.99 for free. If it doesn't ring up right, just talk to the manager. They can take it off if they want.

I really didn't want to spend $100 on this sale so I didn't go after any new releases. I decided to go the cheaper route and picked up some average Cube games for my daughter for Christmas. She'll like them and I imagine I'll get some enjoyment out of them too.

I got Billy Hatcher, Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2, and Freaky Flyers for $49 (online). I know these aren't great deals but $16 per game isn't bad either. Plus, I've never seen Freaky Flyers at any store before although I always wanted to try it out.

Sadly im going to pass this deal up for a few reasons.

1. I got rain checks that knock 50 buck games down to 34.88
2. I got so many sealed games i havent played yet (not counting the 8 i got off ebgames friday for 5 each) why keep buying
3. 100 bucks for 3 games could pay 66% of my DS im getting......

SO for all those who get games have fun with them... Last game i got was paper mario 2 and I havent played that is 3 days im bored with it already :)

I got....

NOTHING!!!

Toys R Us sucks!

The computer and video game area is now just shoved in the back way. They made it too small to begin with and now they got rid of computer games and stuck in Barbie cars or soemthnig in the middle area.

The place is a joke, I'm glad they are losing money. May they go to hell.

Does anyone know what the return policy is for this promotion? Can I return the game I receive free, or does it have to be one of the games I payed for? Can a game even be returned if bought with this promotion?

[quote name='slidecage']
They are not going to let your exchange them the rules says you cant get any game that came out AFTER 10/30 so you cant Return a game for Metroid 2 ... Love how people think this isnt ripping the store off..[/quote]

Good thing I didn't open KUF yet, I'll just have to return it and the other two games and wait to pick up KUF some other time. :| Oh, and please don't start with the "ripping off the store" stuff. As long as I'm not flat out stealing or making the store lose inventory or something I won't be losing any sleep at night. I really couldn't care less about exploiting a loophole. :booty:

[quote name='daria19']Galanthas - Otogi is listed in the $39.99 xbox games online.[/quote]

I noticed that earlier but it doesn't help heh. I had planned on getting Sly 2,Outrun 2 and Otogi 2. They won't let you mix and match online and they didn't have Outrun 2 on the list earlier. I'll be going to TRU tomorrow hopefully it is just a late shipment.

Just got back, and the trip was a good one.

Paper Mario 2
Xmen Legends
Tales of Symphonia

Viewtiful Joe
Kirby Air Ride (much more fun than you think =p)
Sonic Doublepack (Sonic Adventure DX and Mega collection sold together)

Plus my girlfriend found a small toy sword in the parking lot on the way back to the car. All fear the cheapass sword of victory!

Picked up a non-PC Mario Golf, Castlevania: LOI, and Gradius V. There was one copy of Gradius left, hidden behind a stack of Dark Angel. Try to hide the good stuff from me, will they? Ha! :twisted:

[quote name='kaoticeyes'][quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='Levizk']The copies of Shin Megami Tensei you guys are picking up at TRU, do they have the limited edition soundtrack in them or are those gone?[/quote]

Yes, mine has a limited edition soundtrack cd. I didn't bother to check until now.[/quote]

You know what, I just open up mine and there is alimited edition soundtrack. Weird, I thought mine didn't came with it.[/quote]

All of the first printings have the soundtrack. There is no limited edition unless they decide to run another printing without it. That's why there're no markings of "Special Edition" like Phantom Brave or anything.

Ok, I got 3 games yesterday online:

Paper Mario
Donkey Konga
Nascar 2005

and today I went in and got

Zelda: WW
Metroid Prime
Tenchu for ps2

I was very close to getting Fable and Ninja Gaiden, but I couldn't pick another $50 game. Plus I'm kind of regretting Nascar 2005. I'm not a huge racing fan, and I would've rather put that money towards something better. It was an "oh no, quick, better think of a third game before donkey konga goes oos" decision. I'm thinking about reselling it for cost (cost I paid, $36, not making any profit. I feel bad enough selling it for my cost.)

Anyway, if I decide to sell it to a friend or something, I want to try and pick uip Fable, Ninja Gaiden, and GTA: SA on tuesday. Otherwise, I'm done.

[quote name='msdmoney']

Couldn't find Viewtiful Joe (GCN) even though the Santa Monica store had a ton a week ago.[/quote]

The Van Nuys store store has several copies, non-PC, for $20. Sherman Way and Woodley, very close to the Sherman Way exit on the 405.

[quote name='Skylander7'][quote name='Trakan']Just go back from TRU. Picked up Fable and Paper Mario, and reserved San Andreas. Going back Tuesday to pick it up.[/quote]

What the bloody hell??? They let you do that??!! My Toys R Us won't allow it, so I have to hope that they'll have Donkey Konga in stock when I go Tuesday.[/quote]

Yeah they let me do it. I don't know why they wouldn't let you.

this sale is really overrated IMO..you get a few games for 33 bucks a piece..if you wait a couple weeks they'll drop to that price anyway

no reason that games should be sold out

[quote name='captaincold']I i buy 6 games will two ring up at $0.00?[/quote]

Yep. If something were to happen, just buy 3, leave the store and walk back in and buy 3 more.

hey now that I think about it, would I be able to exchange an online purchase in-store? Or could I exchange one of them online? (Though I'd much rather in-store)

[quote name='QuickFix']But when I went to check out the code wouldn't work because they have the price for Pikmin 2 at 45.95!! WTF TRU.[/quote]

You realize you're clicking on the wrong one, right? The one you're clicking on is from Office Depot. You need to click on it from TRU, which is in fact $49.99.

[quote name='Nintenden']hey now that I think about it, would I be able to exchange an online purchase in-store? Or could I exchange one of them online? (Though I'd much rather in-store)[/quote]

You can do exchanges online, but unless your game is damaged, they won't cover shipping. I'm in the process of doing an exchange (one of the games had a damaged cover), and they actually send you the replacement before they get your returned item. But if they don't get it within 30 days, they charge you for both.

Edited to add: And apparently you can return stuff in store...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/909428/104-2313757-7972738

[quote name='gsr']this sale is really overrated IMO..you get a few games for 33 bucks a piece..if you wait a couple weeks they'll drop to that price anyway

no reason that games should be sold out[/quote]

I usually just wait a month or two and pick them up used or from eBay for about $35 shipped.

[quote name='Zombie'][quote name='QuickFix']But when I went to check out the code wouldn't work because they have the price for Pikmin 2 at 45.95!! WTF TRU.[/quote]

You realize you're clicking on the wrong one, right? The one you're clicking on is from Office Depot. You need to click on it from TRU, which is in fact $49.99.[/quote]

Geez... I may have to go back on my word one last time and see if this works. Thanks Zombie. BTW, why would Office Depot games ring into this. Stupid Amazon/TRU online store! :p

Also, does anyone know how long this deal is running? Is it only for Sunday or all week long?

You're right, gsr, $33 games isn't exactly CC- clearance-level cool, but for GC games which are always slow to drop, and brand new games you_must_have_ its pretty good. I took advantage of games that have already dropped, like Guilty Gear Reload (XB) and Zelda WW.

Got lucky on my TRU trip today. I just bought a PS2 and was stocking up on GH games, since they're good and they're cheap. I picked out 6 games marked at $20, but the cashier announced my total after tax as $63. I did my best not to react, paid for the games, and checked the receipt in the car. Two of my games, Onimusha and Jak & Daxter, were apparently supposed to be green-tagged and rang up at $10. In addition to that, two of the four $20 games I got had been marked as the free ones. Not sure if this was a system glitch or human error, but I ended up getting 6 games for $60.

I went out to my local TRU this morning. I was kinda apprehensive, considering they don't have a great video game selection (a lot of things are usually OOS) However, I was able to find and pick up

Paper Mario 2
Donkey Konga
X-Men Legends (GC)

I was hoping to pick up Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, but they did have a placeholder for it. I ended up going with X-Men Legends and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. I've probably played it the most of the three so far. I'll probably head back later in the week to see if I can find anything else. I figure this'll do it for the most part, but you never know.

Anyone know whether the 2-packs of Gamecube games (one has Sonic DX and Mega Collection, while the other has both Monkey Balls) will count as 1 or 2 games if they work in this deal at all?

Oh, and I ordered Puyo Puyo, Ribbit King, and Bomberman Jetters online today--3 bugdet games that I didn't want to pay fully for :)

[quote name='QuickFix'][quote name='Zombie'][quote name='QuickFix']But when I went to check out the code wouldn't work because they have the price for Pikmin 2 at 45.95!! WTF TRU.[/quote]

You realize you're clicking on the wrong one, right? The one you're clicking on is from Office Depot. You need to click on it from TRU, which is in fact $49.99.[/quote]

Geez... I may have to go back on my word one last time and see if this works. Thanks Zombie. BTW, why would Office Depot games ring into this. Stupid Amazon/TRU online store! :p

Also, does anyone know how long this deal is running? Is it only for Sunday or all week long?[/quote]

It's all week long.

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='captaincold']I i buy 6 games will two ring up at $0.00?[/quote]

Yep. If something were to happen, just buy 3, leave the store and walk back in and buy 3 more.[/quote]

I spoke to the cashier and he said that there were no limit.

[quote name='Querjek']Anyone know whether the 2-packs of Gamecube games (one has Sonic DX and Mega Collection, while the other has both Monkey Balls) will count as 1 or 2 games if they work in this deal at all?

Oh, and I ordered Puyo Puyo, Ribbit King, and Bomberman Jetters online today--3 bugdet games that I didn't want to pay fully for :)[/quote]

sonic and monkey balls (heh) count as one game- i copped sonic today, but no monkey balls (heh) at my TRU.

007 Everything or Nothing (XB)
Beyond Good & Evil (PS2)
Resident Evil Zero (GC,of course)

Wow, essentially $13.33 a pop. SWEEET!

Would I have gone to TRU if it wasn't for this site? NOPE. CAG roooolz!

Even with all the excellent deals on this site this year 13 bucks for GH/PC/PH caliber games, or 33 bucks for new releases is still pretty good.

Used this sale to play a little catch up.

THUG
Lord of the Rings: RotK
ATV offroad 2
Maximo 2

Crimson Skies
Project Gotham 2

Although I can't believe I didn't think to check the Sonic double pack.

Glad people are finding Noctune. I was thinking of doing a $50 set but the
TRU I went to was out of it. I was afraid they wouldn't carry it.

If anyone in the DFW area has seen it please give a heads up. It would be easier than checking a store at random or messing with calling.

Thanks.

[quote name='"suko_32"']Funny thing is, I didn't even get one PS2 game like I thought I was. They just didn't have any games I wanted. I wanted SF Anniversary Collection, Megaman AC, and much more...[/quote]

I noticed that there were several games in the glass cases for which there was no display case on the floor. Look carefully in the glass case behind the register if it is a recent game. SF was in the case, but a display box was not on the shelf in the store near me.

Heres what I got

LaPucelle Tactics
Phantom Brave
Paper Mario
Jak 1
Rachet 1
and Sly 1

i picked myself up the new Jam Pack for $5 while i was at it.

My local TRU actually had alot of Shin MegaTen Nocturne, La Pucelle and Phantom Brave. They ran out of Donkey Konga, Fable, Onimusha 3, Burnout 3 (PS2 and XBOX) and even their $50 Zelda (a clerk told me people actually bought those today). From the looks of things, nothings gonna be left at my TRU tomorrow. But then again maybe thats because they just have ghetto stock.

[quote name='"Yeahman"']
Although I can't believe I didn't think to check the Sonic double pack.quote]

There were two different sonic double packs here, as well as a third double pack containing super monkey ball 1 and 2. The sonic ones were on the shelf (two games shrink wrapped together in a larger than normal box for $30) and the monkey ball pack was only behind the glass counter.

[quote name='centraldogmae'] and even their $50 Zelda (a clerk told me people actually bought those today)..[/quote]
You sure it was still $50? Mine was $20

[quote name='centraldogmae']
even their $50 Zelda (a clerk told me people actually bought those today). [/quote]

hmmm i got both Viewtiful JOE and WW non players choice for 20 each today.

[quote name='centraldogmae']Heres what I got

LaPucelle Tactics[/quote]

Bad, bad, bad choice for $49. My target's had four of these for $19.99 for weeks.

Went to the store and picked up 6 games...

Viewtiful Joe (GC)
Beyond Good and Evil (GC)
Zelda: The Wind Waker
Ratchet and Clank 2
Maximo 2
Prince of Persia (PS2)

All for around $86. Seems like a good deal to me:)

I made a couple runs with this deal, even tough I told myself I wasn't. Here's what I picked up:

Phillipsburg, NJ
Donkey Konga x 2 (needed two bongos, will trade in the extra game)
Shadow Hearts

Raritan, NJ
Shin Megami Tensei
Star Ocean 3
WWE Day of Reckoning
Kingdom Under Fire
Test Drive Eve of Destruction
YourFitness

Raritan was much better stocked, and they actually limited you to one of each title. I found out when I was going to buy two copies of SMTN so my friend could get in on the deal, but they denied it. I'm kind of glad they have the limit, since that lets everyone get in on the deal instead of someone walking away with all the copies of the best titles. It's definitely YMMV though since Phillipsburg let me buy two Donkey Kongas.

Picked Up :

Gradius V (PS2)
Wario Ware Inc (GC)
Chronicles of Riddick (Xbox)

and

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (PS2)
Def Jam Fight For NY (Xbox)
Paper Mario 2 (GC)

Will head back during the week for

Metal Slug 3 (Xbox)
GTA San Andreas (PS2)
Otogi 2 (Xbox)

Got

Outrun 2
Outrun 2
NBA Live 2004

Will sell the extra Outrun on Ebay...And use the Live couple with my previous purchase of Madden for Tiger 05'...So I got 3 games for 40 bucks, that's sweet...The people working at the TRU were super cool, and the selection was very good, I was surprised to see Outrun 2 there...They also had a bunch of Metal Slug 3's which I've been eyeing

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='centraldogmae']Heres what I got

LaPucelle Tactics[/quote]

Bad, bad, bad choice for $49. My target's had four of these for $19.99 for weeks.[/quote]

Who else has it for $20? That's a clearance price. None of the Targets that I called in NYC have a copy of LaPucelle or can get it in stock. Thats like saying 'Disgaea is a bad call because once upon a time that was $5 at Target'. If you find it for $20 then you're lucky because most Targets don't have it.

Also, for that matter, please put LaPucelle on the "blacklist" since I'm not the only one here who ended up getting a copy.

bread's done
Back