[Dead] Phantom dust for FREE from gamestop.com after MIR! Must order today!

[quote name='Professor Oreo'][quote name='moiety'][quote name='smellhasreturned']is gamestop high... or just really stupid ?[/quote]

It says only valid if purchased between March 8+9th, so it's a short-term deal.[/quote]

EBgames did the same thing with Resident Evil Zero when it dropped to $20 a great while back. You ordered the game for $20, and got a 20 mail in rebate. Go figure?[/quote]

Yup, I got in on the RE deal as well!!! that was the best game Ive ever gotten for free

[quote name='ryosnk']What the heck, I'm inputting the FREESHIPALL code and I can't see it anywhere? What am I doing wrong?[/quote]

It appears at checkout only. You must select Value shipping.

It's not exactly free, it's more like buy this game for $19.99 (and mutilate the case), get a another game $20 or less free. Still a great deal, but I don't know much about this game so I'll pass for now.

[quote name='dopa345']It's not exactly free, it's more like buy this game for $19.99 (and mutilate the case), get a another game $20 or less free. Still a great deal, but I don't know much about this game so I'll pass for now.[/quote]

Uhmm...use the $20 toward a game of $20 or more...if you use less than the $20 coupon...you lose the difference.

So use it toward a newer title and use the full value.

I don't like the idea of cutting out the UPC. Also getting a gift card doesn't exactly make the game free, it requires more money be spent at gamespot. Regardless still a great deal, if they accepted copies of the UPC I would get in on this.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']What the hell.

It's only money.[/quote]

Great attitude. It is the same thing I said when I ordered.

I actually just realized that GameStop can't run out of this since it's a preorder. Although, I guess they could stop the deal whenever they wanted.

It's been on the GameStop front page, too. Hopefully they won't end this deal because of FatWallet.

I actually just realized that GameStop can't run out of this since it's a preorder. Although, I guess they could stop the deal whenever they wanted.

It's been on the GameStop front page, too. Hopefully they won't end this deal because of FatWallet.

why does everyone keep thinking FW is going to kill this deal? A lot more people view this topic at CAG than at FW.

[quote name='msdmoney']I don't like the idea of cutting out the UPC. Also getting a gift card doesn't exactly make the game free, it requires more money be spent at gamespot. Regardless still a great deal, if they accepted copies of the UPC I would get in on this.[/quote]

I asked them specifically about that a couple of times when I called them to cancel my order from Monday and they said they wouldn't take the rebate without the original UPC.

Wubb suggested making a copy and leaving the copy in the game case and sending them the original.

[quote name='62t']

why does everyone keep thinking FW is going to kill this deal? A lot more people view this topic at CAG than at FW.[/quote]

FW doesn't kill deals like this.

They kill deals like:
FFXI @ CC for $37.49
MGS 3 @ KB for $19.99
R&C:UYA @ Sears for $14.99
CC games @ $5
TRU Green Tag Clearance games

and so on.....

Stuff with quick, tangible returns on investment are the only things that FW craps out of existance. You only get one coupon per person, and you can't do much with the game without the UPC on it, so I don't see FW killing it.

[quote name='62t']

why does everyone keep thinking FW is going to kill this deal? A lot more people view this topic at CAG than at FW.[/quote]cuz fotwllt teh suck!1

EDIT- And I didn't mean FW killing this deal by hoarding. I was just being selfish and hoping for less people to order it, that way I could order it. :wink:

[quote name='62t']

why does everyone keep thinking FW is going to kill this deal? A lot more people view this topic at CAG than at FW.[/quote]

I know, it's silly. Besides, it was posted on FW first (I just went to check).

In the past I gotten away with photocopy of UPC code on glossy paper. It might be worth trying if you have the right paper/printer.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Thanks so much! I had just ordered this game from them yesterday. What a great Birthday present for me! (Today is my B-Day)[/quote]

Happy birthday! It's my birthday too. :)

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='62t']

They kill deals like:
FFXI @ CC for $37.49
MGS 3 @ KB for $19.99
CC games @ $5

and so on.....

Stuff with quick, tangible returns on investment are the only things that FW craps out of existance. You only get one coupon per person, and you can't do much with the game without the UPC on it, so I don't see FW killing it.[/quote]

I think some of those deals got more damage from CAG. For example, they had one topic on the Green Tag sale, and it wasnt even focus on video games. Plus from the people I talked to in store and cashier most of them got the list from CAG. Most of those topics got more views here than at FW. FW seems to kill computer hardware deal faster, but for games there isnt that much interest.

This is a great deal. I had the game pre-ordered with EBgames.com.
I cancelled the order today and then reordered it at gamestop.com.

This is one of the best deals so far this year! :D

If you are really worried about cutting out the UPC, you could always use the $20 GiftCard to reorder the game online and keep that copy sealed. The you have your open copy to play and a mint sealed copy for your collection.

Just ordered the game myself.

They reviewed this game on g4techtv on the show screen savers. They do reviews by saying to rent it or buy it and the guy reviewing gave it a buy it.

Worst comes to worst it sucks and I take a $1.75 hit for the tax, I can live with that.

hrmm.. I have no choice but to buy this, even though I hate cutting UPCs since I'm a collector.

it's true that it's not technically free, but I'm sure I'll find something to total to $20 or more from gamestop.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='62t']

They kill deals like:
FFXI @ CC for $37.49
MGS 3 @ KB for $19.99
CC games @ $5

and so on.....

Stuff with quick, tangible returns on investment are the only things that FW craps out of existance. You only get one coupon per person, and you can't do much with the game without the UPC on it, so I don't see FW killing it.[/quote]

I think some of those deals got more damage from CAG. For example, they had one topic on the Green Tag sale, and it wasnt even focus on video games. Plus from the people I talked to in store and cashier most of them got the list from CAG. Most of those topics got more views here than at FW. FW seems to kill computer hardware deal faster, but for games there isnt that much interest.[/quote]

I'll agree with you that some of the deals above had more damage by CAG, especially with TRU Green Tag @ 90% w/EB trade in 2 for $10 add'l, though I know that there were an awful lot of MGS3 and FFXI w/HD copies showing up on eBay pretty quickly. I know MGS3 made the rounds at FW, as did the $5 CC sale, since I saw people with the list from FW on that sale, though when it seems like something for a quick money reward, FW is all over it. Not saying CAG isn't on it as well, though when it comes down to it, FW seems more on cleaning out places to make a profit than CAG does.

What's that ebsite that sells video game covers? If it really bothers you to cut the UPC out you could always make a request there and buy the cover off of them for a few bucks. You'll still come out ahead by fifteen or so!

I just read over the coupon again after I order the game and it says the the minimum cart value must be $20. Not valid on shipping or tax. So for those that are not using the freeshipall coupon for free shipping may still end up getting screwed because the cart value will be $19.99. Hopefully someone in their customer service department can clear this up.

^ this has already been discussed on earlier pages in this forum. its a $20 minimum purchase when you're using the rebate code, not when buying the game.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Maybe If I got 20 dollars back cash...but since it's a coupon, I think i'll pass. nice deal for those interested tho.[/quote]

While I'm all for saving money, I think this is one of the worst trends in 'rebates' nowadays, and for some reason, the game stores are the worst about it.
Bad enough I have to send in crap [although there are websites to make it easier].
Bad enough I may not ever get the rebate.
But it's not even a 'rebate', it's a 'coupon' good on a future purchase.
Which makes the phrasing we see in the flyers 'This Game 19.99 after rebate!' a total lie--THIS game is no cheaper. To get that rebate, I have to not only buy this game, but SOMETHING ELSE and get 20 bucks off the COMBINED purchase.
Again, it's better than nothing, but I think it's bad precedent.

I'd do this, if I ever thought I'd use GameStop.com to buy anything else ever again. However, I don't like GS.com, and I don't like having my game cases in less than perfect condition, so I won't partake. Good deal for anyone who'd use GS.com more often, though.

I was tempted, until I saw you need to hack up your game case.

I know it's free, but I still can't bring myself to fuck up any game in my collection.

I just got in on it. Thanks Cheapy and OP. Only one more week and it's here.

I wish they'd leave that OXM quote off of the otherwise nice box art.

210758b.jpg

Just ordered mine. Thankx to Cheapy D and Stealthy Seal.... was gonna get this game anyway and if I can get another game for free...yes!! Live on CAG's

[quote name='msdmoney']I don't like the idea of cutting out the UPC. Also getting a gift card doesn't exactly make the game free, it requires more money be spent at gamespot. Regardless still a great deal, if they accepted copies of the UPC I would get in on this.[/quote]

Yes, please change the topic title. The game is not free. You get a gift certificate that can only be used at Gamestop.com and not in store. Regardless, it's still one hell of a deal! It's basicly buy one new $20 game get one $20 game for free.

[quote name='jboy'][quote name='msdmoney']I don't like the idea of cutting out the UPC. Also getting a gift card doesn't exactly make the game free, it requires more money be spent at gamespot. Regardless still a great deal, if they accepted copies of the UPC I would get in on this.[/quote]

Yes, please change the topic title. The game is not free. You get a gift certificate that can only be used at Gamestop.com and not in store. Regardless, it's still one hell of a deal! It's basicly buy one new $20 game get one $20 game for free.[/quote]

You don't have to use it on a $20 game, it's buy one $20 game and get $20 of stuff at Gamestop free. I'll probably end up buying some $5-$10 games.

bread's done
Back