[Dead] Phantom dust for FREE from gamestop.com after MIR! Must order today!

[quote name='Ugamer_X'][quote name='stephan327']One quick question, the deal says that there must be a minimum cart value of $20, and since Phantom Dust is only $19.99 then it would seem to me that you would also have to purchase something else from them in order to get the value up over $20. Anybody else think that this is true?[/quote]
GameStop.com rebate coupon must be used in full. Credit for unused portions will be forfeited. Minimum cart value must be $20. Not valid on shipping or tax. Coupon cannot be used on bundled items, including games with free premiums.

The minimum cart value of $20 is referring to your purchase with the $20 credit they give...ie: you have to use the credit all at once. It has nothing to do with your Phantom Dust order.[/quote]

We need a moderator to edit the OP to include this info :) Getting asked a lot.

We're sorry, but one or more of the items you are trying to purchase are currently unavailable. If you wish, you can click the "Back" button on your browser and purchase different items.

Yowsa

EDIT - Tried a second time, and it worked like a charm. how odd.

I know two things about this game:

It's online.

And its virtually costless.

therefore, I ordered it.

thank you.

GameStop emailed this to me while I was at the airport this afternoon, and I sent it on to Stealthy, which is why I didn't get to put it on the front page.

Now that I see the offer ends tonight, not much point in putting it up now.

i got mine's ordered. I was thinking i'd buy this cheap and this is as cheap as it gets. yay. thx for the deals

For people hesistant to cut your box cover, here's a pic of the Phantdom Dust cover. The UPC is at the near corner of the back side and isn't over laid on artwork or anything, so it shouldn't be a big deal

255669_back.jpg

[quote name='Wario64']For people hesistant to cut your box cover, here's a pic of the Phantdom Dust cover. The UPC is at the near corner of the back side and isn't over laid on artwork or anything, so it shouldn't be a big deal

255669_back.jpg
[/quote]

Cut up box art makes Lassie cry.

cut out the upc code.... Get a free game
cut out the upc code.....Get a free game

Get a free game wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Gycot']We're sorry, but one or more of the items you are trying to purchase are currently unavailable. If you wish, you can click the "Back" button on your browser and purchase different items.

Yowsa

EDIT - Tried a second time, and it worked like a charm. how odd.[/quote]

Same exact thing happened to me. Did get it ordered and loving the idea of a "free" game. I'd be spending $20 at GS.com in the future anyway.

Gamestop.com is timing out for me :cry:

I'll try again in a while, hopefully I won't miss out on this one due to Net problems.

mine went through on the first time.. sweet deal.. thanks.. did anyone ask if you can use the proof from the manual? i mean isn't it a UPC from the original packaging... or are you anal that you can't "deface" the manual.. still. buy one get one free rules...

Rob

I can understand some of you not wanting to cut the UPC out of a game in your collection if it's important to you to keep it mint. But, if you have the $20 to spare and wouldn't mind buying from GameStop in the future, I think it's silly to pass on it. Give it away as a gift to someone who wouldn't care about the UPC being gone, or donate it to a good cause, like next year's Child's Play drive.

I think you just have to write in the number from the UPC code onto the form. Not sure, just what it sounds like to me. That's what I'm going to try.

[quote name='Rags']I think you just have to write in the number from the UPC code onto the form. Not sure, just what it sounds like to me. That's what I'm going to try.[/quote]

I HIGHLY doubt that will work.

I got in on the deal . . . too hard to pass up. Plus, like Katamari Damacy, we have to support these unusual titles that are launched for cheap.

Just copy the insert, cut out the UPC, cut the UPC copy with some overlap, tape the copy in from behind . . . put the insert back in. It is so unnoticible at that point and you get $20 in credit,

This is like the absolutely moronic issue that people have over the Greatest Hits packaging . . . I like my games complete but the play is the thing.

Ah, site did come up and I got my order in. No idea why I had trouble with their site a half hour ago.

Crappy thing about GS is that it's only one coupon per order, so I assume using this $20 voucher on a future purchase will mean it won't stack with FREESHIPALL or any other coupon deal they roll out.

I was on the fence actually until I heard it's like Pokemon for adults.

And on the UPC thing, EBGames states they require the UPC on their forms, but in reality they don't. (They do tell you that straight up if you ask.) So maybe it will be the same way with GS.

If you really don't want to cut your UPC, I'd at least try the form with a copy of it and see what happens.

ughh..this makes me hate EA games even more...

this budget 20 DOLLAR GAME even has custom soundtracks...EA's last few games excluded them (fight night round 2, nba street v3)...ugh...

i REALLY wanted custom soundtracks in V3 :(

hope to see u guys online though :)

[quote name='wubb']Ah, site did come up and I got my order in. No idea why I had trouble with their site a half hour ago.

Crappy thing about GS is that it's only one coupon per order, so I assume using this $20 voucher on a future purchase will mean it won't stack with FREESHIPALL or any other coupon deal they roll out.

And on the UPC thing, EBGames states they require the UPC on their forms, but in reality they don't. (They do tell you that straight up if you ask.) So maybe it will be the same way with GS.

If you really don't want to cut your UPC, I'd at least try the form with a copy of it and see what happens.[/quote]

People already call/email GS and the answer is you need the original UPC

[quote name='swetooth9']ughh..this makes me hate EA games even more...

this budget 20 DOLLAR GAME even has custom soundtracks...EA's last few games excluded them (fight night round 2, nba street v3)...ugh...

i REALLY wanted custom soundtracks in V3 :(

hope to see u guys online though :)[/quote]

Why would you want custom soundtracks when EATrax is already on there? :lol:

Anyways, after I level my guy up, I will try to go to my friends house and use his xbox live to play with all of you.

Wow, what a deal. I'll just use the $20 rebate on another GH or Platinum Hits in the future. This reminds me of the Max Payne 2 rebate offer a couple of months ago which made the game free. But what is great about this is the game isn't even out yet. Plus I played the hidden demo on the OXM disc a couple of months ago and it's great. I'm glad about the custom soundtrack because I didn't think the music was that great. Also, why hasn't this hit the front page yet?

Well I just ordered.... This sounds a lot like an adult pokemon, but considering the market for Pokemon, that might not a bad thing.

11:24 PM central time... Deal's probably dead for me. Ah well, a free game would've been nice. Even if it's only pseudo free in that you have to spend money there again to get it free.

[quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='Rags']I think you just have to write in the number from the UPC code onto the form. Not sure, just what it sounds like to me. That's what I'm going to try.[/quote]

I HIGHLY doubt that will work.[/quote]

Sometimes, EB and Gamestop will allow a copy of the UPC. I suppose you could always try that, although you would be taking a risk...

I had to jump on this. A free game with no UPC is better than $20 for it complete. Or I can always sell this copy without UPC for like 10 bucks and get the complete game for half price.

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='rawisjericho'][quote name='Rags']I think you just have to write in the number from the UPC code onto the form. Not sure, just what it sounds like to me. That's what I'm going to try.[/quote]

I HIGHLY doubt that will work.[/quote]

Sometimes, EB and Gamestop will allow a copy of the UPC. I suppose you could always try that, although you would be taking a risk...[/quote]

we know it will work at eb, but gamestop already confirm that photocopy would not work.

Totally retarded!!!!

Postponed AGAIN!!!!

I'll pay the damn $20!!!
I just want it today!!!!

Filthy publishing houses,.. and their delays, and marketing strategies!!!
:)

Great Deal. Just got in on it. Its actually 11:55PM here Central time. Does anyone know what timezone they are going by?

can't believe i missed this one. i was 2 hours late. curse my freakin xbox gaming time. >.<

i was kind of interested in this one too... plus gamestop ripped me off recently by only giving me 3.25$ for 3 games.... dont ask me why i just sold them cuz i dont know either =/

[quote name='dpatel']Great Deal. Just got in on it. Its actually 11:55PM here Central time. Does anyone know what timezone they are going by?[/quote]

Yeah, I just ordered at 12:45 a.m. Mountain time hoping that they go by Pacific time. Anyone know? Looks like their customer service is located in the Central timezone.

[quote name='locutus411'][quote name='dpatel']Great Deal. Just got in on it. Its actually 11:55PM here Central time. Does anyone know what timezone they are going by?[/quote]

Yeah, I just ordered at 12:45 a.m. Mountain time hoping that they go by Pacific time. Anyone know? Looks like their customer service is located in the Central timezone.[/quote]

Would be sick if they goes by Hawaii time zone.

I put my order in at 11:00 pm pacific time. Would this go in?

Bleh, I would've bought this game anyway even without the rebate. I'll gladly pay $20 for Phantom Dust.

[quote name='locutus411'][quote name='dpatel']Great Deal. Just got in on it. Its actually 11:55PM here Central time. Does anyone know what timezone they are going by?[/quote]

Yeah, I just ordered at 12:45 a.m. Mountain time hoping that they go by Pacific time. Anyone know? Looks like their customer service is located in the Central timezone.[/quote]

As long as it says 3/9/2005 on your confirmation e-mail I think you are still good for this deal.

[quote name='62t'][quote name='wubb']Ah, site did come up and I got my order in. No idea why I had trouble with their site a half hour ago.

If you really don't want to cut your UPC, I'd at least try the form with a copy of it and see what happens.[/quote]

People already call/email GS and the answer is you need the original UPC[/quote]

Oh well. I e-mailed them myself as well, but good to know the answer.

Would have been nice to avoid cutting the UPC, but I'll certainly do it for a $20 code. Just makes it a pain when I eventually go to sell or trade it away.

[quote name='Kingjay89'][quote name='whoknows']I don't have an Xbox, but I just can pass up a free game...even if I cant play it[/quote]

lol[/quote]

you're right you can't pass up a free game.. and you can always use it as a trade in somewhere (i'm not certain of EB's or GS's policy on trading in games, but the smaller ones will probably give you a good deal on it... and the theme in my posts has always been try pawn shops).. i know my pawn shop will give me 5 dollars cash or 10 dollars credit (which equals out to basically a new Xbox or PS2 game and usually they have a game thats worth having) so

again.. thanks for the deal.. now i gotta find 20 dollars in GS.com crap.. heh

Rob

Just got confirmation from Gamestop.com, my order will ship on the 15th -booyah! I can't wait! Hopefully another sweet Gamestop deal will come along to provide me with a sweet opportunity to use my $20 coupon!

[quote name='Blustrk98']Just got confirmation from Gamestop.com, my order will ship on the 15th -booyah! I can't wait! Hopefully another sweet Gamestop deal will come along to provide me with a sweet opportunity to use my $20 coupon![/quote]

thing is you better hope it isn't a code deal.. then you're probably screwed

Did anyone get a shipping confirmation yet? The 15th came and went and I didn't hear a thing. Order status still says unshipped.

bread's done
Back