[Dead] Phantom dust for FREE from gamestop.com after MIR! Must order today!

[quote name='humidore'][quote name='Over easy']I still haven't recieved mine yet, and I can't track it either...[/quote]

:cry: tomorrow brings hope...[/quote]

same here

I got mine yesterday, but my packing slip doesn't reference the order date at all. It only references the shipping date of 3/16/05. Anyone think that's gonna be a problem with getting the rebate to work?

[quote name='Professor Oreo']I got mine yesterday, but my packing slip doesn't reference the order date at all. It only references the shipping date of 3/16/05. Anyone think that's gonna be a problem with getting the rebate to work?[/quote]

I think someone mentioned this in an earlier post, and said that once they scan the barcode the order date will show up for them...or something. I don't know if one $0.37 stamp will cover 3 papers in one regular envelope, so I'll just hope they can figure it out, if not, I can send the order confirmation email they sent. It doesn't say to send the confirmation email on the rebate, so I'm assuming I don't have to :?

And yes, I got mine today! :D (And I just cut the barcode out, cause I got big balls...and matte printer paper is much thicker than the insert paper)

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='mentos888']i already got it photocopied.

http://www.geocities.com/mentos8882000/phant_dust.jpg[/quote]

i was asking if anyone photocopied or sent in something other than the original UPC[/quote]

I did a high resolution scan of the game sleeve.
Then I printed on my high resolution Laser Printer at work cut it out.
Then cut out the UPC from the print and sent it in with the forms today.

I work in graphic design/printing :D
You can't even tell the difference, we'll see what happens.

[quote name='humidore'][quote name='Professor Oreo']I got mine yesterday, but my packing slip doesn't reference the order date at all. It only references the shipping date of 3/16/05. Anyone think that's gonna be a problem with getting the rebate to work?[/quote]

I think someone mentioned this in an earlier post, and said that once they scan the barcode the order date will show up for them...or something. I don't know if one $0.37 stamp will cover 3 papers in one regular envelope, so I'll just hope they can figure it out, if not, I can send the order confirmation email they sent. It doesn't say to send the confirmation email on the rebate, so I'm assuming I don't have to :?

And yes, I got mine today! :D (And I just cut the barcode out, cause I got big balls...and matte printer paper is much thicker than the insert paper)[/quote]

if you read the order numbers you'll notice that the first numbers are the date (it should read something like 4050309 (or 8) as the last number then a bunch of other numbers.. this is not a coincidence and indeed the order "date" and they'll scan it..

[quote name='humidore'][quote name='Professor Oreo']I got mine yesterday, but my packing slip doesn't reference the order date at all. It only references the shipping date of 3/16/05. Anyone think that's gonna be a problem with getting the rebate to work?[/quote]

And yes, I got mine today! :D (And I just cut the barcode out, cause I got big balls...and matte printer paper is much thicker than the insert paper)[/quote]

I do lots of rebate and one $.037 stamp will be enough.

[quote name='Professor Oreo']I got mine yesterday, but my packing slip doesn't reference the order date at all. It only references the shipping date of 3/16/05. Anyone think that's gonna be a problem with getting the rebate to work?[/quote]

I think the order date is in the order number...mine started 4050309xxxxx...something like that. If you look you'll see the year 4>05< and the month 405>03< and the day 40503>09

[quote name='flybrione'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='mentos888']i already got it photocopied.

http://www.geocities.com/mentos8882000/phant_dust.jpg[/quote]

i was asking if anyone photocopied or sent in something other than the original UPC[/quote]

I did a high resolution scan of the game sleeve.

I work in graphic design/printing :D
You can't even tell the difference, we'll see what happens.[/quote]

What kind of paper?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I received mine but I didnt get a packing slip. I guess im gonna have to email them.[/quote]

The packing slip should be outside the box.

[quote name='mcwilliams132'][quote name='Professor Oreo']I got mine yesterday, but my packing slip doesn't reference the order date at all. It only references the shipping date of 3/16/05. Anyone think that's gonna be a problem with getting the rebate to work?[/quote]

I think the order date is in the order number...mine started 4050309xxxxx...something like that. If you look you'll see the year 4>05< and the month 405>03< and the day 40503>09

[quote name='flybrione']I did a high resolution scan of the game sleeve.

I work in graphic design/printing
You can't even tell the difference, we'll see what happens.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='evilmax17']What kind of paper?[/QUOTE]

I got the rebate today. I did not cut out the UPC either as mentioned in my previous post.

To answer evilmax I printed the cover out on Great White Laser Glossy Photo Paper on a RICOH AP3850C Color Laser Printer. Great high quality print out you really could not tell the difference by just looking at the UPC.

A Benefit of working in Graphic Design industry.
Thinking of using my rebate for Jade Empire or Wrestlemania 21

I got mine today and i also used a photo copy. Unlike flybrione I have no experience with this kind of thing. All I did was print it using some photo paper. If they put it right next to a real upc code they could tell the difference.

The rebate code comes via e-mail ,correct?

What e-mail address did it come from? I sure hope Hotmail didn't put mine in the junk mail folder...

[quote name='shajek']Got my rebate code today. I did cut out the UPC, but perfection in a game's case doesn't really matter to me.[/QUOTE]

Perfection was not the reason for me not to cut out the UPC. I have cut out the UPCs before for other rebates. I was just seeing if I could beat the system and be a true cheapass!

[quote name='paul6']Also, has anyone tested if using the rebate code excludes using the normal discount codes, like FREESHIPALL?[/QUOTE]

Rebate code is for instock items.
Will not work on bundles, including games with free premium items. Minimum order total (excluding shipping & tax) must be $20. Only one offer per order. Offer
expires 08/15/2005.

Gamestop only usually allows only one offer per purchase as stated above.

Got mine today, too. Not thrilled with all the restrictions on it, but at least they were quick. Now I have to find something good to use it on.

[quote name='flybrione']Perfection was not the reason for me not to cut out the UPC. I have cut out the UPCs before for other rebates. I was just seeing if I could beat the system and be a true cheapass![/QUOTE]

I'm glad you did beat the system. It's good to know for future rebates, if any. I was just happy to get a "free" game and a fun one to boot.

Mine came today and I did cut the UPC (replaced it with a photocopy) but the game did so little for me that I traded it in for $13.33 in credit at EB :whistle2:0

[quote name='mentos888']just got mine in the email...i sure hope they have a buy1, get1 preowned sale again before august 15...[/QUOTE]

you might not be able to combin the offers.

Though it probably isn't the case, the $20 rebate code should work like $20 cash. We should still be entitled to use one coupon code or offer like everyone else. Just my opinion.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Got my rebate today and I sent a color print from a scan.[/QUOTE]
I havent sent mine in (sending in today or tomorrow).....Do you just send the packing list, the upc, and the rebate form even though the packing list does not show the date of purchase? Or should I also send in the email conformation form that states it was bought on the 9th.

[quote name='Kingjay89']I havent sent mine in (sending in today or tomorrow).....Do you just send the packing list, the upc, and the rebate form even though the packing list does not show the date of purchase? Or should I also send in the email conformation form that states it was bought on the 9th.[/QUOTE]

I sent all four.

Anyone ever have experience explaining such a problem:

My hotmail account (email address used on the rebate form) got lowered to 2MB (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46807), so I couldn't get any incoming emails for the past couple days (I had 5 MB of emails). I emailed Gamestop (with my now primary email account) explaining this, but I was just wondering if anyone has an idea how likely they'll believe me. I said I can send copies of the confirmation emails for the order of the game, and I put the phone number/address I put on the rebate in the same email. I hope they didn't try sending the rebate to me in the past week...:bomb:

EDIT: nm, crises averted, they sent it to my gmail account today:bouncy:

Got mine! I doubt you'll be able to combine it with any other codes. Heck they specifically say you can't use it to buy any bundled games. Which I take to mean something as minor as a game that comes with one of those crappy free wall scrolls, for example.

"Minimum order total (excluding shipping & tax) must be $20."

Can anyone confirm that if your order is less than $20 they'll let you use the code and forfeit the remainder? I know we all assumed that'd be the case, but just wondering if anyone has actually tried it. I would, but I'm worried that if I put in the code to test this, it will invalidate the code after that time or something hokey like that. I'll be pissed if it won't let me buy a $19.99 game with this since it's $0.01 less than $20... Sorry if this has already been answered.

For the guy who asked a page back - It came from [email protected] I put '@gamestop.com' in my safelist on hotmail to keep it from going to my junk mail folder no matter what gamestop e-mail it came from. And that worked.

Ugh, Gamestop is the worst excuse for a game retailer I've ever seen. I was planning on getting Astroboy GBA, but it has disappeared from their site. They don't even have Phantom Brave new. In fact, they don't have anything new. Disgusting.

They are ignorant. I asked them a question about ordering a game such as Jade Empire because the bonus offer listed are not really bonus but just part of the limited edition, could I use my coupon code when in stock.

They come back with if you do not hurry up and order these premium items might not be availble.

So then I send them an emial again and they final answer my question but place bold emphasis on all these different words.

I will never order from this company again after I use the coupon code. They have the worst customer service and treat their customers like crap.

After being told I could not order Jade Empire and use my coupon code, I said what the hell I try it out today since it was in stock and see if it works.

BAM it worked got the limited edition for $29.99. I think gamestops customer service sucks and this shows it. Now there are some bonus items and if they do not send them to me I really don't care I just wanted to get the game for cheap.

-Demo Disc containing demos for Jade Empire, Forza Motorsports, MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf, and Conker: Live & Reloaded.
-Making of Jade Empire DVD

So screw gamestop and order up anything you want, the code should work!

[quote name='flybrione']Rebate code is for instock items.
Will not work on bundles, including games with free premium items. Minimum order total (excluding shipping & tax) must be $20. Only one offer per order. Offer
expires 08/15/2005.

Gamestop only usually allows only one offer per purchase as stated above.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was wondering if Lamestop would be total pricks about getting a $19.99 game using the $20 gift code. Looks like I am going to be right. Has any one tried it yet?. Also, can anyone use the code or can only the e-mail that received it?

sent my bar code out the day after i recieved the game and still no online code emailed to me so far. Anyone get their code already?

99 cent filler to put your cart over $20 (if you buy a $19.99 game) = GameStop Universal Cleaning Cloth.

I bought Obscure XBOX plus the wipes (wipes are temporarily on sale, apparently)

[quote name='queegqueeg']99 cent filler to put your cart over $20 (if you buy a $19.99 game) = GameStop Universal Cleaning Cloth.

I bought Obscure XBOX plus the wipes (wipes are temporarily on sale, apparently)[/QUOTE]

What happened when you tried to use the coupon with just Obscure in your cart?

[quote name='cag1000']sent my bar code out the day after i recieved the game and still no online code emailed to me so far. Anyone get their code already?[/QUOTE]

i'm on the west coast, did the same thing as you, and got my code about 5 days ago...was it the original upc? mine came in my regular mail (not spam mail folder). i have yahoo mail also btw cag1000 :booty:

bread's done
Back