[Dead] Phantom dust for FREE from gamestop.com after MIR! Must order today!

[quote name='evilmax17']Any news on whether or not we can copy the UPC? Could Cheapy give Gamestop corporate a call?[/quote]

When I spoke to them, they said they needed the original UPC. Asked again, same story.

status_unshippeditems.gif

... :( ...

Jeremy

I've been checking status online the 15th and 16th (today) no notice that it's shipped - still states that it "ships in 24hr"...there could be a notice in my email box at home however.

You'd think they'd ship the game a day or two early so you get it around launch time.

I pre-ordered The Incredibles from buy.com and they shipped in on the saturday before (got a notice) and I got it tuesday (day of release)...that was sweet.

here's some clarification from an e-mail i sent em

Dear customer,

We are sorry for the inconvenience but you will need to read though the
entire rebate information and you have to send in the original UPC in
order to get the rebate. They will not take copies or faxes.. Thanks and
have a great day.

We value your business and hope to see you again soon at GameStop.com.

Best regards,
Donna
GameStop.com
World's Largest Selection of Gaming Products

in the email i sent them (see above) i asked them if i could send the security strip, or upc from the manual...didn't i cover all the places a upc could be?!?!

i doubt they'll take it with a response like the one they gave me. sorry yo. :cool:

Do they ship from one location, or from different ones? I ask so I can estimate how long the Saver shipping method might take. If it's in CA, or west coast, then I can expect it sooner :)

Thanks. So yeah, I guess I'll go by their 5-however many days it was estimate then. Damn, spring breaks next week for me too, woulda been nice to have had the whole thing for this game...But cheapness has its consequences it seems.

[quote name='62t']OK I just got some glossy paper. Is there a good scan of the UPC code?[/quote]

Is the paper the same thickness as the boxart? I have some photo paper, but it's really thick. I might pick up some glossy paper if it was close enough...

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']i thought mine would show up today, but no luck. crossing my fingers for monday... please, please, please.[/quote]

Problem with the rebate???

I checked the online rebate form and it says to include the original packing slip that shows the order date as on 3/8 or 3/9. But mine doesn't show that anywhere - it shows the ship date clearly as 3/16, but there is no mention of an order date at all. And yes, it's the packing slip that comes with the game and was inside the clear plastic. I've scanned it also, so I could upload. Do everyone else's show the order date??

Anyone have any idea on this? Should I print out the original receipt online and send it along with the UPC, this packing slip, and the rebate form?

If anyone has any information, it would be most helpful.

Additionally, I have scanned in the artwork for the game in both a normal and hi-res format. I do not have the space anyway to save them. If someone wants me to send it to them so that they could print it out, please let me know. Or if someone has space (maybe from the GBA/DS box art thread?) to host the file, let me know. My scanner is a bit old but it's still great quality, and my guess is that if you took my hi-res scan and resized it to normal box art size, it would be more than fine. Just let me know. Thanks all!

Strell-- I noticed that too. I looked at my order # and the first numbers were 050309(3/9/05) or something, which is how I assume they're going to tell the date.

and i just have to say-- Best. free game. ever. Beats the crap out of the free dragon warrior deal with nintendo power way back in the day :)

Mmm...yea that makes sense. On the computers I do tech support for, the serial number hides the manufacturing date, which is used to verify warranties and things...

I guess at the very worst they'd have a flood of nasty complaints coming from everyone here. Meh. Just tired of mailing in rebates and getting screwed by a company later on, telling me I did something wrong, and then refusing to help when I call in about it.

No problem then, I'll send in on Monday and await the rebate like everyone else.

Anyone know if gamestop might be lowering their prices (or even posting the game online) for Shadow Hearts 2 any time soon? I'd love to be able to use my voucher to get another game, but if Shadow Hearts is a no-go, I might have to settle for Champions of Norrath. =/

[quote name='Strell']Problem with the rebate???

I checked the online rebate form and it says to include the original packing slip that shows the order date as on 3/8 or 3/9. But mine doesn't show that anywhere - it shows the ship date clearly as 3/16, but there is no mention of an order date at all. And yes, it's the packing slip that comes with the game and was inside the clear plastic. I've scanned it also, so I could upload. Do everyone else's show the order date??

Anyone have any idea on this? Should I print out the original receipt online and send it along with the UPC, this packing slip, and the rebate form?

If anyone has any information, it would be most helpful.

Additionally, I have scanned in the artwork for the game in both a normal and hi-res format. I do not have the space anyway to save them. If someone wants me to send it to them so that they could print it out, please let me know. Or if someone has space (maybe from the GBA/DS box art thread?) to host the file, let me know. My scanner is a bit old but it's still great quality, and my guess is that if you took my hi-res scan and resized it to normal box art size, it would be more than fine. Just let me know. Thanks all![/quote]

Can you upload it to your Personal Gallery?

[quote name='Strell']The hi res pic is just over 19 megs, so that's a little large.

Anything else I can do?[/quote]

Can you just crop out the UPC picture and upload that?

[quote name='paul6'][quote name='Strell']The hi res pic is just over 19 megs, so that's a little large.

Anything else I can do?[/quote]

Can you just crop out the UPC picture and upload that?[/quote]

Yeah try that, but make sure to leave a little bit of the boxart around it to make it look realistic.

matte paper? it works good here so far....kodak picture paper. i think 5.00 at office depot , 25 sheets, but u can find a better deal.

jeez, you guys are gonna spend more one reproducing a upc than you'll get on the rebate. If the game ever accumulates any value, a tiny upc rip isn't going to make a huge difference

for christsakes people . . . send the UPC!

jeez, you guys are gonna spend more one reproducing a upc than you'll get on the rebate. If the game ever accumulates any value, a tiny upc rip isn't going to make a huge difference

Geez, why do you people care? It's not affecting you, be happy with your cut out cover art and let us, the large number of collectors on CAG, worry about how to not mangle our artwork. Some of us just happen to care about it.

gamecrazy, gamestop, ebgames. i called em all and they said u don't need the upc on games if u wanna trade em in. they'll give full credit even if u don't have the manual, box, etc. just the game.

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='swetooth9']have any of you who have gotten it cut out the upc and sent it in yet?[/quote][/quote]

I did.

gamecrazy, gamestop, ebgames. i called em all and they said u don't need the upc on games if u wanna trade em in. they'll give full credit even if u don't have the manual, box, etc. just the game

Thats cool, but not necessary. This game is a KEEPER! best. free game. evar!

[quote name='Apossum'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='swetooth9']have any of you who have gotten it cut out the upc and sent it in yet?[/quote][/quote]

I did.

gamecrazy, gamestop, ebgames. i called em all and they said u don't need the upc on games if u wanna trade em in. they'll give full credit even if u don't have the manual, box, etc. just the game

Thats cool, but not necessary. This game is a KEEPER! best. free game. evar![/quote]

thanks for the reply, but for future reference...please DO NOT say the "Best. Evar!" quote anymore...this one guy kept doin it and it was VERY annoying...

[quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='Apossum'][quote name='swetooth9'][quote name='swetooth9']have any of you who have gotten it cut out the upc and sent it in yet?[/quote][/quote]

I did.

Thats cool, but not necessary. This game is a KEEPER! best. free game. evar![/quote]

thanks for the reply, but for future reference...please DO NOT say the "Best. Evar!" quote anymore...this one guy kept doin it and it was VERY annoying...

I know I know, I do promise to never say it again. but this really is the best free game I've picked up(well, unless you count gifts and stuff...but you know what I mean) :)

bread's done
Back