[Dead] Phantom dust for FREE from gamestop.com after MIR! Must order today!

I love funny sounding typos.

new word, Gloddy: n. paper used to photocopy UPCs that can fool retailers into dropping appropriate rebates.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yeah, all you need is a really good photocopy on gloddy paper. how are they going to tell the difference?[/quote]

Well, I've been trying to order since the deal was first posted, but something is messed up in their system, and I keep getting this:

We could not complete your order because of incomplete or incorrect billing address and/or credit card information. Please double-check that your name, phone number, address, credit card number and expiration date match your credit card issuing bank records. If you feel you have been given this message in error please contact our Customer Service Department.

I have tried two different cards, each using two different browsers, both logged into my account and without an account, and I get the same message no matter what. I've talked with two people in customer service, the first one tried entering the data himself and got the same error, and the second told me that sometimes when changes are made to an account (changes?) it gets flagged, and I should try again in 24 hours. After explaining that I needed to place my order today, she took down my info and said she'd look into it. I just got a call, and I should be good to go soon (within half an hour).

I would like to mention that, unlike EB, GS only allows one code per order, and codes cannot be used on products that come with premiums. So when redeeming the $20, one will not be able to get free value shipping, or a bobblehead. Still a great deal, I can't wait to hop on board. I had been planning to get the game anyway, so this is gravy. My only problem now is that GS keeps having so many great deals, it seems like I'll never get to use my EB vouchers.

[quote name='The_Continental']I love funny sounding typos.

new word, Gloddy: n. paper used to photocopy UPCs that can fool retailers into dropping appropriate rebates.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yeah, all you need is a really good photocopy on gloddy paper. how are they going to tell the difference?[/quote][/quote]

heh, I meant "glossy"

[quote name='Masterkyo']You can Peel off Sticker UPC code instead cut off UPC on the Cover. (both are the same UPC code). ;)[/quote]

I thought that only worked at places like FYE. I didn't even think Gamespot games ordered online came mailed with a sticker pice with upc symbol. I don't buy many games from Gamestop.com.

Another possiblity around the upc thing (thoug h I admit this is complete speculation) is that some games will have another UPC in or on the manual as well as the case.

[quote name='Masterkyo']You can Peel off Sticker UPC code instead cut off UPC on the Cover. (both are the same UPC code). ;)[/quote]

Does the sticker count as a proof of purchase though? It's definitely the same UPC code, but I've never tried sending the sticker on deals like this.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='The_Continental']I love funny sounding typos.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Yeah, all you need is a really good photocopy on gloddy paper. how are they going to tell the difference?[/quote][/quote]

heh, I meant "glossy"

I thought that only worked at places like FYE. I didn't even think Gamespot games ordered online came mailed with a sticker pice with upc symbol. I don't buy many games from Gamestop.com.[/quote]

All new Xbox games come with the sticker along the side that includes the UPC. PS2 games have a similar sticker on the top.

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='Admiral Ackbar'][quote name='The_Continental']I love funny sounding typos.

heh, I meant "glossy"

I thought that only worked at places like FYE. I didn't even think Gamespot games ordered online came mailed with a sticker pice with upc symbol. I don't buy many games from Gamestop.com.[/quote]

All new Xbox games come with the sticker along the side that includes the UPC. PS2 games have a similar sticker on the top.[/quote]

Oh, the security strip. Now I get it.

"I can handle things! I'm smart!"

I was looking at getting this. This deal just put me over the edge.
Thanks for the deal! :D

-----------------------------------------------------
- How long a minute is depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on.

Is this a new thing with the security strip? I've got a couple somewhat older PS2 and Xbox games here and the Xbox code on the strip isn't anything close to the UPC. On the PS2 game, it's close, but the last couple digits are different.

maybe scan it, make a copy of it on the printer, tape the upc on the inside of the dvd pamphlet paper.

then smudge it and give it a "used" look to cover ur "craftsmanship"... :roll: :evil:

i'm hoping maybe to trade it, at least , when i'm done

let's email our concerns to
[email protected] and see what they will say. i'm waiting for my response...

If you people are upset about having to cut out and send in a little UPC, then you really should not be on this site.

[quote name='jboy']If you people are upset about having to cut out and send in a little UPC, then you really should not be on this site.[/quote]

There's an awful lot of collectors on this site. I know it would bother me to cut out the UPC.

I totally got in on this. Preordered it several weeks ago on ebgames.com so I was able to cancel and pick up the GS deal! I also preordered Narc just so I could get the cart over $20.

[quote name='TheUnsane1']Awesome deal here! Now to figure out what to use that $20 coupon code on when it comes.[/quote]

Mega Man Anniversary Collection is coming out for XBOX the same week as Phantom Dust. At $19.99 that would be a nice game to use the coupon on for those that haven't picked it up on GC or PS2 yet.

Didn't read through all 6 pages but...

The game is 19.99 and the coupon requires a $20 minimum purchase, anyone see a potential problem with this?

I for one am gonna use the coupon to FINALLY get Katamari Damacy. I havn't had time to play that many games lately, so was holding off buying it till I had time. Now I can just get it with this! YAY!

[quote name='paul6']Didn't read through all 6 pages but...

The game is 19.99 and the coupon requires a $20 minimum purchase, anyone see a potential problem with this?[/quote]

that's for when you use the coupon/rebate on something after you get it.

The UPC is the bar code on the back of the artwork? Don't some games have the UPC on the back of the manuel. I remember went I sent in a EA a UPC code to recieve a new version of Madden, they wanted the UPC off the back of th manuel. So which one is required w/the MIR? Does it matter? And do we just cut out the UPC and just throw it in the envelope w/the rest of the stuff needed or staple it to the MIR form? Thanks

[quote name='JimmieMac']I'm still not going to get it.

Pokemon for adults indeed.[/quote]

Actually In my opinion it's Nothing like Pokemon but your entitled to your opinion. If it were to be compared to a card game it should be compared to Magic the Gathering, the one that started the whole CCG genre.

If you guys wanna find out more about the game.
Check out www.xboxphreaker.com and www.phantom-dust.com

Thanks for posting this! The more people who buy means we'll have a bigger user base to play!

[quote name='dooddude'][quote name='paul6']Didn't read through all 6 pages but...

The game is 19.99 and the coupon requires a $20 minimum purchase, anyone see a potential problem with this?[/quote]

that's for when you use the coupon/rebate on something after you get it.[/quote]

and it's not a $20 minimum...you just lose the leftover credit if yuo don't use it all in one purchase.

Good thing I decided to check here before leaving work. I was going to get this game anyway, so this deal gets me a $20 game for free in the future. Thanks!!

I (along with many others) emailed GS about cutting the UPC out. Hopefully this flood of email will convince them to accept copies.

One quick question, the deal says that there must be a minimum cart value of $20, and since Phantom Dust is only $19.99 then it would seem to me that you would also have to purchase something else from them in order to get the value up over $20. Anybody else think that this is true?

Wait, let me see if I got this straight. Buy Phantom Dust and some cheap item to bring it over $20. Then main the Rebate, original GameStop.com packing list, and UPC to the address. Can we use freeshipall? Thanks for the help.

[quote name='evilmax17']I (along with many others) emailed GS about cutting the UPC out. Hopefully this flood of email will convince them to accept copies.[/quote]

did you ask them if they will accept the sticker?

I was on the fence about this game and always figured I could just get it for $15 after BB GGC if ever I wanted it, but this deal was irresistable. Man, I seem to play with my money more than all the games I buy with it...

Anyone think there'd be issues with buying multiple copies and sending in for multiple rebates?

[quote name='62t'][quote name='evilmax17']I (along with many others) emailed GS about cutting the UPC out. Hopefully this flood of email will convince them to accept copies.[/quote]

did you ask them if they will accept the sticker?[/quote]

I didn't, which sticker are you referring to? The one that goes over the opening on the side? I didn't think that those had individual barcodes like ps2 games, do they?

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='62t'][quote name='evilmax17']I (along with many others) emailed GS about cutting the UPC out. Hopefully this flood of email will convince them to accept copies.[/quote]

did you ask them if they will accept the sticker?[/quote]

I didn't, which sticker are you referring to? The one that goes over the opening on the side? I didn't think that those had individual barcodes like ps2 games, do they?[/quote]
It has a barcode, but the numbers aren't the same as the ones on the UPC from the boxart.

ummm, i just got phantom dust in my cart, with "freeshipall" code and i ordered it fine. i think that minimum 20.00 thing ur talking about refers to the coupon which we really don't have yet. hope that helps. by the way, is gamestop pretty fast on their value shipping like ebgames?

i've heard that ebgames ships their games pretty fast, sometimes even a few days earlier... true?!

[quote name='ananag112']Wait, let me see if I got this straight. Buy Phantom Dust and some cheap item to bring it over $20. Then main the Rebate, original GameStop.com packing list, and UPC to the address. Can we use freeshipall? Thanks for the help.[/quote]

I just order my copy of Phantom Dust. I was going to get it anyways, but couldn't pass it up at this price. The free shipping usually arrives within a week of when they ship so not too bad.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Anyone think there'd be issues with buying multiple copies and sending in for multiple rebates?[/quote]

It clearly states on the rebate form "One rebate per person". You could try and work your way around it by listing different email addresses for the rebate codes to be sent to, but remember that you've got to include the packing slip with the rebate. So unless you have different names, different mailing addresses, and different credit cards to use, they would probably figure you out.

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt on this one, but I hate it when people need to find a way to make money on a great deal instead of just being happy that they're already getting something for free.

No way I'm destroying a game cover to save $20 or get a free game. All my games are complete and by complete I mean not altered or destroyed covers as well.

I was interested already, and I simply can't pass up a free game. I threw in a Mushroom Air Freshener for a buck to ensure that they can't get me on that $20 minimum cart thing.

Amazing deal, thanks OP!

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']No way I'm destroying a game cover to save $20 or get a free game. All my games are complete and by complete I mean not altered or destroyed covers as well.[/quote]Though I buy a fair share of used games, whenever I buy new, I also save the printed security strips. Are you that anal too?

Bonus trivia: The Katamari Damacy sticker has the "Japanese spelling" of "Katamari Damashi"

[quote name='stephan327']One quick question, the deal says that there must be a minimum cart value of $20, and since Phantom Dust is only $19.99 then it would seem to me that you would also have to purchase something else from them in order to get the value up over $20. Anybody else think that this is true?[/quote]
GameStop.com rebate coupon must be used in full. Credit for unused portions will be forfeited. Minimum cart value must be $20. Not valid on shipping or tax. Coupon cannot be used on bundled items, including games with free premiums.

The minimum cart value of $20 is referring to your purchase with the $20 credit they give...ie: you have to use the credit all at once. It has nothing to do with your Phantom Dust order.

bread's done
Back