[Dead] Phantom dust for FREE from gamestop.com after MIR! Must order today!

[quote name='cag1000']sent my bar code out the day after i recieved the game and still no online code emailed to me so far. Anyone get their code already?[/QUOTE]

same here, is till ahven't gotten my code either, i pray it didnt get deleted

Ok, I guess you need at least $20 in your cart, which is a REALLY underhanded move by Gamestop. Seriously, it's not like I've ever shopped there before this, but you can sure as hell bet that I won't shop there again.

What an ass move.

[quote name='evilmax17']Ok, I guess you need at least $20 in your cart, which is a REALLY underhanded move by Gamestop. Seriously, it's not like I've ever shopped there before this, but you can sure as hell bet that I won't shop there again.

What an ass move.[/QUOTE]

i agree... a serious cock block

Sent this to them:

Hello,

I received a $20 gift-coupon that I got from the Phantom Dust mail in rebate. I noticed in the fine print that it says you must have at least $20 in your cart in order to use it, and in practice, this is true.

AKA, you can NOT only buy a $19.99 game with this coupon. Why is this? There's only a penny difference between $19.99 and $20.

It just seems like a really underhanded clause to put on something, and leaves me with a sour taste towards Gamestop.

If this is an error, please let me know if you fix it. Otherwise, it's kind of a sleazy way to milk a couple extra bucks out of your customers.

Thank you

We'll see what they say.

I just sent them an e-mail asking the same question. Mentioned that I've received similar codes from their competitor, EBGames, and they have always been set up to allow the customer to buy items totalling less than $20 and forfeit the remaining amount.

I've sent them an e-mail in the past and received no reply, so I'm not holding my breath waiting this time.

[quote name='onetrackmind']welcome to the party Johnny Comelately ;)[/QUOTE]

Let's see, it showed up while I was out of town, and I didn't pick up the game from the post office until the 28th.

As I haven't needed to go to the post office until today (mailing off $19 tax payment to the state of MO, two rebates and a package), I didn't think I needed to waste the gas on a special trip, Sgt. Smartass. ;)

[quote name='shrike4242']Let's see, it showed up while I was out of town, and I didn't pick up the game from the post office until the 28th.

As I haven't needed to go to the post office until today (mailing off $19 tax payment to the state of MO, two rebates and a package), I didn't think I needed to waste the gas on a special trip, Sgt. Smartass. ;)[/QUOTE]

hahaha $10 says you get your rebate before me.

I reason I'm pissed is because you basicly HAVE to buy a NEW game since their used games are not likely to have the instructions. .

Just curious, did anybody who got the code yet send in a copy of the upc? I just sucked it up and cut it out but i'm curious if gamestop CS was wrong about no copies.

I got my code today. I did not cut the UPC, but made a copy of it. It's true that you can't combine this with the freeshipall coupon and that you need to have over $20 in order to use it. I just bought MGS: Twin Snakes and a cleaning cloth with it.

[quote name='neonglow']I got my code today. I did not cut the UPC, but made a copy of it. It's true that you can't combine this with the freeshipall coupon and that you need to have over $20 in order to use it. I just bought MGS: Twin Snakes and a cleaning cloth with it.[/QUOTE]

Did you make the copy on photopaper or anything? Or just a plain, black and white copy on regular paper?

[quote name='wubb']Dude, we're cheap asses.[/QUOTE]

Seriously! This site's about saving as much as possible! ;)

This rebate thing was lame. I had to shell out an extra buck for an air freshener, and then another 2 for shipping (cuz you can't combine coupons, so no free shipping). A penny difference. :roll:

But anyway, I got Astroboy for GBA. Finally.

[quote name='neonglow']I got my code today. I did not cut the UPC, but made a copy of it. It's true that you can't combine this with the freeshipall coupon and that you need to have over $20 in order to use it. I just bought MGS: Twin Snakes and a cleaning cloth with it.[/QUOTE]

No free shipping?!!!!!!!!! Lamestop can suck a fat one.

MOTHER fuck GS customer service sux. Called wondering where the fuck my rebate is considering everyone is getting theres. I sent my in the day after the game came out, weeks ago. They said that another compnay deals with the rebates and brushed me off like they can't do anything. If i cut my box and don't get anyhting someones fucking throat is gonna get cut too.

[quote name='evilmax17']Did you make the copy on photopaper or anything? Or just a plain, black and white copy on regular paper?[/QUOTE]

I just used a copy machine to make a B&W copy on slightly thick paper. The barcode is B&W so it didn't matter if it was in color.

Just make sure you kick over the magazine rack as well. :)

[quote name='cag1000']MOTHER fuck GS customer service sux. Called wondering where the fuck my rebate is considering everyone is getting theres. I sent my in the day after the game came out, weeks ago. They said that another compnay deals with the rebates and brushed me off like they can't do anything. If i cut my box and don't get anyhting someones fucking throat is gonna get cut too.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wubb']I just sent them an e-mail asking the same question. Mentioned that I've received similar codes from their competitor, EBGames, and they have always been set up to allow the customer to buy items totalling less than $20 and forfeit the remaining amount.

I've sent them an e-mail in the past and received no reply, so I'm not holding my breath waiting this time.[/QUOTE]

Got a response to my e-mail and it's official that the total must be $20 ($19.99 won't work)

"Thank you for contacting GameStop.com
We do apologize for any inconvenience, but the items you order must
equal $20 before shipping in order for this coupon to work. Thank you
and have a nice day.
We value your business and hope to see you again at GameStop.com."

I'd do it again as Phantom Dust was great and getting a $20 code with $20 purchase was nice. But man the EB rebate codes are WAY nicer. Maybe I'll go ahead and get Super Monkey Ball Deluxe...

Ok, I sent mine out a few weeks ago too and I haven't received it. I bought phantom dust and an item for a total of $22 with free shipping so would that seem the I should get the rebate?

[quote name='wubb']Got a response to my e-mail and it's official that the total must be $20 ($19.99 won't work)

"Thank you for contacting GameStop.com
We do apologize for any inconvenience, but the items you order must
equal $20 before shipping in order for this coupon to work. Thank you
and have a nice day.
We value your business and hope to see you again at GameStop.com."

I'd do it again as Phantom Dust was great and getting a $20 code with $20 purchase was nice. But man the EB rebate codes are WAY nicer. Maybe I'll go ahead and get Super Monkey Ball Deluxe...[/QUOTE]

Good to know, wubb, since I think that clears it up completely now.

Either find a $30 game or a $20 game with a $1 filler to use.

It's been atleast 21 days here now still to, no codes yet either.
I think your supposed to allow up to 8 weeks for the code to come in the mail though.
I hope it didnt get put in my hotmail junk box, that would blow.

Just had my code arrive in email a few minutes ago.

Funny thing is that I mailed it out last week, on Wednesday, the 13th.

So, it took them a week to receive it, process it, and email it to me.

With a photocopy of the UPC, as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']Just had my code arrive in email a few minutes ago.

Funny thing is that I mailed it out last week, on Wednesday, the 13th.

So, it took them a week to receive it, process it, and email it to me.

With a photocopy of the UPC, as well.[/QUOTE]

i knew you'd get it before i did. Well i can kiss my rebate goodbye... gs are a bunch of motherfuckers. But i'm glad you got your rebate.

[quote name='onetrackmind']i knew you'd get it before i did. Well i can kiss my rebate goodbye... gs are a bunch of motherfuckers. But i'm glad you got your rebate.[/QUOTE]

Why would you kiss it goodbye? Call them and bitch them out.

Assuming you kept copies of everything, all you'd need to do is fax it to them and they should take that and process it.

I'm more shocked that they didn't "lose" it, like I had happen with another rebate company over some cookware I bought from Amazon.com.

[quote name='shrike4242']Why would you kiss it goodbye? Call them and bitch them out.

Assuming you kept copies of everything, all you'd need to do is fax it to them and they should take that and process it.

I'm more shocked that they didn't "lose" it, like I had happen with another rebate company over some cookware I bought from Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

I dont think bitching will help, cag1000 tried bitching and it got him nowhere. My game is missing its UPC now, i dont have the rebate form or the packing slip anymore. All i have is my confirmation emails for Phantom Dust.

[quote name='onetrackmind']I dont think bitching will help, cag1000 tried bitching and it got him nowhere. My game is missing its UPC now, i dont have the rebate form or the packing slip anymore. All i have is my confirmation emails for Phantom Dust.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. :shock:

That does hurt. Not that I'd expect cag1000's bitching to be productive, anyway.

I can scan you the back of my game, have you print that out and call it the "copy" of your UPC that you took before you sent in the game. I could also scan in my copy of my packing list, have you PS it, put your stuff in the right spots, and have that be your "copy" of the packing list. Rebate form is easy enough to grab another copy of, since I think I have it in PDF form somewhere.

[quote name='shrike4242']Ouch. :shock:

That does hurt. Not that I'd expect cag1000's bitching to be productive, anyway.

I can scan you the back of my game, have you print that out and call it the "copy" of your UPC that you took before you sent in the game. I could also scan in my copy of my packing list, have you PS it, put your stuff in the right spots, and have that be your "copy" of the packing list. Rebate form is easy enough to grab another copy of, since I think I have it in PDF form somewhere.[/QUOTE]

thanks buddy! I'll call them after work and see if cant get somewhere with this. I appreciate it!

[quote name='onetrackmind']thanks buddy! I'll call them after work and see if cant get somewhere with this. I appreciate it![/QUOTE]

As I know you bought the game, and just didn't think to make copies of everything before sending it out, no reason why you should get stiffed on your rebate.

Call 'em anyway and tell them that you heard someone you know had their rebate already and you'd like to find out the status of it. They'll probably ask you for your email address and the order #, and look it up that way. At least, that's what EB does.

Im still waiting for the rebate i guess if i dont get an email by sunday ill call them on monday. I really need the rebate to buy the logitech psp case lol

my bitching ussually is productive, the first time I called I got no help and they turned me away. 2nd time I called their reasoning was that it says 6-8 weeks delivery of code. Well my order arrived on March 16th and I mailed the rebate slip on March 17th. So its been around the 6 weeks. I'm giving them till Mon-wed at the latest then calling again. I asked the girl if they would hook me up with a code if i called back and still have not recieved my code and she said they would prob do that. Trust me my bitching ussually results in bodies and blood. I'm not above kicking everything off the desks at GS corporate.

[quote name='cag1000']finally got my code
won't let me combine the code and freeshipall anyone have luck with this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as with all of GS codes it can't be combined with anything.

Got mine about 1 week ago after questioning where it was. Spoke with about 10 different reps because no one knew what I was talking about. A supervisor finally helped me out and I got my code within a half an hr.

[quote name='ryosnk']What have you bought with your rebate or will use it on?[/QUOTE]

I ended up picking up Super Monkey Ball DX (Xbox). Since it's $30 I didn't have to fool with picking out a filler item to make up $0.01...

bread's done
Back