[dead] PPlay15 stacks with CAG15 at EBgames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay okay people, i'm sorry. i didnt even know it was a mistake due to CAG because i did post it before cheapyd said anything. gee...

okay, must get off internet now. just got this job and i'm not supposed to be surfing the internet while i'm working. hmm...*goes on ebay* i have great work ethics, hehe.

I know... if I had found out about this deal I'd have gotten a bunch of PSP games, and I don't even have a PSP.

[quote name='shrike4242']No, I have it right. ;)

"The first rule of CAG is that you don't talk about CAG."
"The second rule of CAG is that you don't post about CAG without a referral link." ;)

That better?[/QUOTE]

And, only slightly less well known, "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Hahahahahahahahahah[Thud!]"

[quote name='guessed']And, only slightly less well known, "Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line! Hahahahahahahahahah[Thud!]"[/QUOTE]

Princess Bride. Nice.

What in sam heck? It shipped... Sweet.

I can promise I'll be buying from EBGames.com a *lot* more... Talk about great service...

Yesterday I had canceled my order, feeling guilty, but when I remembered that I have a kid on the way with no health insurance and will be bone-crushingly poor from paying for hospital/doctor's bills, my cheapass side asserted itself over my moral side. The "they don't have to ship it" and the fact that Cheapy notified them about made me feel OK with trying it.

Anyway, Skies of Arcadia Legends for GC, Star Wars KOTOR, and Breath of Fire III have been shipped to me.

Yay, ebgames! They are way too nice to us. TBH I don't buy games anywhere else online...and on the rare instances when I have to pay full MSRP, I buy at B&M EBgames and give them the sale, instead of giving the sale to evil places like Walmart. :D

[quote name='GreenMonkey']Yesterday I had canceled my order, feeling guilty, but when I remembered that I have a kid on the way with no health insurance and will be bone-crushingly poor from paying for hospital/doctor's bills, my cheapass side asserted itself over my moral side.[/QUOTE]
How does that sob story make you want to continue your order?

Wish I wasn't at work when this all happened. I have some stuff just sitting in my cart waiting for me to get it but can't afford it yet...40% off would have been great!!

My two orders are shown as shipped - one had 41% off, forgot to stack the other cag code and the other I had to pay the shipping. At the moment it seemed like a great deal but now that I think about it (because I didn't get 56% off) it's nothing spectacular. A buy 2 get 1 free deal in store + edge would've gotten me a similar deal.

Not that I'm complaining, I still saved a few bucks.

I just read the first and last page. Did anyone try stacking a $10 off coupon with the 56% and free shipping?:hot:

I'm glad I missed this. I would have probably maxed my credit cards out... or something... Sure is decent of EB to honor the mistake. Their online portion of the business never fails to impress me.:)

True, but at least not getting it at all, they can say "We never got it," or "we sent it, you didnt' get it, blame the PO."
This is EBgames.com saying "Yes, the rebate was 20, but we're only giving you 10, even though you had no way of knowing our reasoning. Even though we did give 20 to some people in the exact same situation as you."

You know, as much buzz that this "deal" created... EB should do it more often! ;)

It'd be a great way to clear out the old inventory (a la GameCrazy's Classic Plastic sale...)

[quote name='guest2']You know, as much buzz that this "deal" created... EB should do it more often! ;)

It'd be a great way to clear out the old inventory (a la GameCrazy's Classic Plastic sale...)[/QUOTE]

Actually they sorta did that last year with pre-played games (Classic BOGO for older games and buy two get one free on ALL pre-played games). Those were great deals because they stacked with the Edge card and SAVER.

[quote name='GreenMonkey']Yesterday I had canceled my order, feeling guilty, but when I remembered that I have a kid on the way with no health insurance and will be bone-crushingly poor from paying for hospital/doctor's bills, my cheapass side asserted itself over my moral side. [/QUOTE]
maybe you should have cancelled the order and had more money to pay for doctor bills...

poor people have morals too, your rationalization is null

I wonder if this had been, say Best Buy or Wal-Mart that had a website glitch if everyone would be crying out "What about your morals?!?!"...

Seems like my PSP games are being shipped, but Feel the Magic is being stalled, oh well i'm happy i got a few PSP games now. great job by ebgames for fufilling most of these orders.

[quote name='GreenMonkey']Yesterday I had canceled my order, feeling guilty, but when I remembered that I have a kid on the way with no health insurance and will be bone-crushingly poor from paying for hospital/doctor's bills, my cheapass side asserted itself over my moral side. The "they don't have to ship it" and the fact that Cheapy notified them about made me feel OK with trying it.

Anyway, Skies of Arcadia Legends for GC, Star Wars KOTOR, and Breath of Fire III have been shipped to me.

Yay, ebgames! They are way too nice to us. TBH I don't buy games anywhere else online...and on the rare instances when I have to pay full MSRP, I buy at B&M EBgames and give them the sale, instead of giving the sale to evil places like Walmart. :D[/QUOTE]

I have an idea. How 'bout you go sell all your damn video games and buy your family a health insurance plan. It always amazes me how some people will spend all their money on stupid crap when there are really important things they should be spending their money on.

How about you get off your ass, stop playing video games and go get yourself a half-decent job to provide your family with insurance. Then maybe you can take care of your family's needs, and could have some expendable income to blow on video games.

You're damn right you should feel guilty when you're blowing your family's money on video games when you have a kid on the way. Saving a couple bucks now on a video game isn't going to seem all that cool when you're starting at a $10,000 hospital bill. And that's only if nothing goes wrong during labor.

Hopefully, you'll get your priorities in the right place and start providing for your family like a real man.

[quote name='guest2']I wonder if this had been, say Best Buy or Wal-Mart that had a website glitch if everyone would be crying out "What about your morals?!?!"...[/QUOTE]

I guess people are less hesitant about screwing over a friend than an unkown person. However - When has their ever been a pricing error or a scam that many cags supported and did themselves? We know about wal-mart's return policy and other flukes - but we (probably I in this instance) don't exploit it. I wonder why.

However - I don't really care about what people do in this situation. Everyone has a different opinion. Moral or not though - don't cry when a hoarder hits up your CC.

I picked the cheapest one available, though now that I think of it, I don't remember if it was labeled EB Saver or not. I paid 2.99 and it was UPS 3rd day select or something along those lines.
I did have a NES RF adapter and a PSP soft case in my order.

Heads up. I followed the advice of another thread on how to use the saver code on a purchase, but actually get ups instead of usps shipping (you add preowned h/w, which can't ship media mail).

BUT!!!!

I received my confirmation which was all good, 0.00 on the shipping, followed by the ship notice, which suddenly had a 5.99$ shipping charge added. I called EB and they did remove the charge, but pointed out that the saver code should not be good on h/w.

If you are using this technique to get faster shipping, check you shipping confirmation email. I just cannot beleive that they can charge unapproved amounts to your credit card without you authorization. Those corporate bastards.

The good news is thier customer service was really good.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']I have an idea. How 'bout you go sell all your damn video games and buy your family a health insurance plan. It always amazes me how some people will spend all their money on stupid crap when there are really important things they should be spending their money on.

How about you get off your ass, stop playing video games and go get yourself a half-decent job to provide your family with insurance. Then maybe you can take care of your family's needs, and could have some expendable income to blow on video games.

You're damn right you should feel guilty when you're blowing your family's money on video games when you have a kid on the way. Saving a couple bucks now on a video game isn't going to seem all that cool when you're starting at a $10,000 hospital bill. And that's only if nothing goes wrong during labor.

Hopefully, you'll get your priorities in the right place and start providing for your family like a real man.[/QUOTE]

WTF, have you actually heard of the idea of enjoying your life and not expecting the worst to happen. Do you drink anything other than water, if so why are you blowing your families money. You could be buying extra vitamins and face cream to avoid wrinkles.

Lighten up dude, I don't know if anyone has mentioned to you that anal retentive stress will kill you before Video games do.

Maybe you should spend more time at church praying to that non existant god to spare your family during armageddon.

Your a bloody fool. Maybe your advice should have been to use condoms before you make the poor guy feel worse.

Fuking republicans!! (and if your not a republican, at least you got that right)

[quote name='punqsux']maybe you should have cancelled the order and had more money to pay for doctor bills...

poor people have morals too, your rationalization is null[/QUOTE]

I cannot believe how pompous some people are on this board, I just onloaded on some other guy for being a jackass, but you also seem to follow the same thread.

Have you ever heard the term "walk a mile in a person shoes before you judge them".

Have a family and feel the constant stress of having to support them before you open your big mouth.

God I hope you people are just kids and not parents. The poor guy was just expressing his feelings in a place he felt safe.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']You shouldn't have kids if you cannot afford to raise them ;P
It's one of the unspoken responsibilites of being a good parent![/QUOTE]

Like I said the guy was just venting, and if only men made the decisions about kids, I would estimate a lot fewer kids in the world. Curses to that female cat like contraption (pussy just in case you need a sign post).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back