[dead] PPlay15 stacks with CAG15 at EBgames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was a good idea to abuse that glitch... EB was nice enough to have those codes, and I'm sure they won't mind discontinuing them due to 'continued abuse'.

Shining Tears pre-played, was at $19.99 ready for me to hit 'Complete'

I couldn't bring myself to do it. :x

[quote name='Vinny']I don't think it was a good idea to abuse that glitch... EB was nice enough to have those codes, and I'm sure they won't mind discontinuing them due to 'continued abuse'.[/QUOTE]

The only abuse I know of is whatever the website coordinator was taking when they decided to let that one through.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']It's just that the glitch seemed to occur due to Cheapy's request to fix the problem where SAVER wasn't stacking with CAG15 anymore. So it seemed like EB was in the process of trying give us back an awesome stacking deal, and we thank them by raping the site through an obvious glitch.[/QUOTE]

At first when I saw this thread I was like "man missed out on a sweet deal". Now I realized that Ebgames was trying to help us by activating stackable SAVER and CAG15. I do hope that they don't take away SAVER and CAG15 from us because I rely on these codes whenever I make any ebgames.com order. I do hope that this gets sorted out somehow and that we are allowed to keep those codes.

[quote name='MadFlava']At first when I saw this thread I was like "man missed out on a sweet deal". Now I realized that Ebgames was trying to help us by activating stackable SAVER and CAG15. I do hope that they don't take away SAVER and CAG15 from us because I rely on these codes whenever I make any ebgames.com order. I do hope that this gets sorted out somehow and that we are allowed to keep those codes.[/QUOTE]

SAVER isn't CAG exclusive. I see what you are saying but I am sure non-CAG shoppers at EB inquired about SAVER as well.

I must have missed the whole fiasco about saver going away and Cheapy helping to fix it.

But even so, it was still their fault in messing up the reinstating of saver. CAG won't suffer too badly from this since Cheapy was a gentleman and informed them straight away. And if they were that picky, they could cancel our orders.

Now that I know Cheapy's good will is sorta kinda in-a-way reponsible for this I feel bad... but not bad enough to cancel my order. Sorry.

I would say the CAGers that sit and order one game at a time so they don't miss out on anything using the saver shipping code have a way better chance of loosing the code for all of us then this exploit ever will. Maybe we all need to take a look in the mirror before we toss stones around.

gimme a break everyone.. people are acting like the CAG15 code is some kind of charity that EB is oh-so-kind enough to bestow upon us. this is business pure and simple. we get the code and they get our business. we both win.

[quote name='Staraang21']gimme a break everyone.. people are acting like the CAG15 code is some kind of charity that EB is oh-so-kind enough to bestow upon us. this is business pure and simple. we get the code and they get our business. we both win.[/QUOTE]
its a bit of respect, its them recognizing that we are a crowd they want to reach out to. we already had a 15% code prior to cag15.

so i was stupid and told my boss i did a big order on ebgames today. i don't know how but i kinda let it slip that i got a really good deal and he's really pissed that i would exploit the company i work for, lol. looks like it's about time to put in the two week notice.

[quote name='vietgurl']so i was stupid and told my boss i did a big order on ebgames today. i don't know how but i kinda let it slip that i got a really good deal and he's really pissed that i would exploit the company i work for, lol. looks like it's about time to put in the two week notice.[/QUOTE]
and after all ebgames (im sure) has done for you!!
FOR SHAME!!!

:lol:

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']Mine says it's been shipped. Has anyone else gotten this?[/QUOTE]

Mine also shows shipped. (didn't order too much, just some older RPGs for PS2 & GC).

[quote name='Staraang21']gimme a break everyone.. people are acting like the CAG15 code is some kind of charity that EB is oh-so-kind enough to bestow upon us. this is business pure and simple. we get the code and they get our business. we both win.[/QUOTE]

amen.

..and seriously if they were so "kind" or "being nice"to us then why the crap with the screwed up rebates(and the rude treatment I received when I called them about it). I'm assuming that GAG'rs spend quite a bit online using those codes, keeping them would definitely be in their best interests.
I know I would probably quit buying from them if they were no longer available/stackable.

some wiieeeerd ass s*** be goin on with my order... I ordered 1 of each of the following:

Brave Fencer Musashi - Pre-Played
Super Smash Brothers Melee - Pre-Played
Kingdom Hearts - Pre-Played
Amped 2 - Pre-Played

all good.. get my discount... check out. sweet! my orders still open... but then I look closer! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!

[quote name='eb']
Brave Fencer Musashi - Pre-Played (Item 152238)
Ordered: 2 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 0 Returned: 0 Total: $21.62
Super Smash Brothers Melee - Pre-Played (Item 212491)
Ordered: 2 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 0 Returned: 0 Total: $35.98
Kingdom Hearts - Pre-Played (Item 219948)
Ordered: 2 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 0 Returned: 0 Total: $25.90
Amped 2 - Pre-Played (Item 236804)
Ordered: 2 Shipped: 0 Cancelled: 0 Returned: 0 Total: $14.38
Total Discount: - $38.04
Subtotal: $29.92
Shipping: $1.99
Tax: $1.59
Total: $33.50
[/quote]

look close there and do the math. It says I ordered 2 of each, and gives me the price of 2 in the total for each game... yet charges me for 1 of each

wtf is goin on?! I mean... hell I'm not complaining by any means, but I thought I would bring it up

[quote name='vietgurl']so i was stupid and told my boss i did a big order on ebgames today. i don't know how but i kinda let it slip that i got a really good deal and he's really pissed that i would exploit the company i work for, lol. looks like it's about time to put in the two week notice.[/QUOTE]
Why not? They've been exploiting you for however long you've been working there. At least you're not stealing from work.

[quote name='StealthySeal']some wiieeeerd ass s*** be goin on with my order... I ordered 1 of each of the following:

Brave Fencer Musashi - Pre-Played
Super Smash Brothers Melee - Pre-Played
Kingdom Hearts - Pre-Played
Amped 2 - Pre-Played

all good.. get my discount... check out. sweet! my orders still open... but then I look closer! OMGWTFBBQ!!!!

look close there and do the math. It says I ordered 2 of each, and gives me the price of 2 in the total for each game... yet charges me for 1 of each

wtf is goin on?! I mean... hell I'm not complaining by any means, but I thought I would bring it up[/QUOTE]

Thats pretty common actually. You're not going to recieve multiple copies. I called EB and asked them when I had the same thing happen and they said it was just a glitch on their end.

[quote name='Numsay']I would say the CAGers that sit and order one game at a time so they don't miss out on anything using the saver shipping code have a way better chance of loosing the code for all of us then this exploit ever will.[/QUOTE]
Not sure I understand what this means...

Lets see how he feels after the merger goes through.
Corporate restructuring, anyone?

I just got an email saying there was something wrong with my credit information and that I need to call the customer service # or else they will cancel my order in 2 days....

Maybe that's karma for posting this accident on slickdeals.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Maybe that's karma for posting this accident on slickdeals.[/QUOTE]
Karma also got me two nice job offers that pay almost triple what I make at EB Games.

College tuition, here I come. Stupid UC Berkeley, charges too much and it's not even that good of a school.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Maybe that's karma for posting this accident on slickdeals.[/QUOTE]And no credit/link to CAG even...now thats bad karma!

[quote name='CheapyD']And no credit/link to CAG even...now thats bad karma![/QUOTE]

Don't we ban people for breaking the rules like that? :roll:

"What's the first rule of CAG? You don't talk about CAG."

[quote name='shrike4242']Don't we ban people for breaking the rules like that? :roll:

"What's the first rule of CAG? You don't talk about CAG." [/QUOTE]

I swear I have heard something like that somewhere before....:whistle2:\"

[quote name='shrike4242']"What's the first rule of CAG? You don't talk about CAG."[/QUOTE] No, no, no....you got it all wrong. The rule is, if you do talk about CAG, at least provide a URL!

[quote name='CheapyD']No, no, no....you got it all wrong. The rule is, if you do talk about CAG, at least provide a URL![/QUOTE]

No, I have it right. ;)

"The first rule of CAG is that you don't talk about CAG."
"The second rule of CAG is that you don't post about CAG without a referral link." ;)

That better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back