Dead Rising 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info - Out now!

[quote name='Corvin']I'm not the one playing an M-rated game with a young child in the room.[/quote]
And who are you to question someone on how they raise their child?

Hmm....can't defend the shitty save system on a game you love so you just start attacking other things about people? Nice. I rest my case.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm not the one playing an M-rated game with a young child in the room.[/quote]

It was an example. To be 100% honest I don't play ANY games in front of my children. The only game time I get during the week is Friday night and Saturday night after everyone is asleep and maybe an hour on Saturday and Sunday during their naps.

So a better example would have been that I need to get off the game because my kids wake up from nap and the next time I would be able to play is either that night or in 6 days.

You have kids?

[quote name='Malik112099']Hmm....can't defend the shitty save system on a game you love so you just start attacking other things about people? Nice. I rest my case.[/QUOTE]

No, I posted my thoughts above. The original examples you gave would have sufficed with a pause button.

[quote name='Malik112099']
So a better example would have been that I need to get off the game because my kids wake up from nap and the next time I would be able to play is either that night or in 6 days.

You have kids?[/QUOTE]

That example makes sense. :) Yes I have kids, and I only play questionable titles after bedtime. I didn't intend to start a beef man, that's why I put the wink wink nudge nudge smilie in my post. Just having a little fun.

[quote name='SynGamer']And who are you to question someone on how they raise their child?[/QUOTE]

It was a sarcastic retort to what he posted first.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']God this thread has become fucking retarded.[/QUOTE]

And this reply is any less retarded, how?

Anyway, back to DR2. Street date... needed... now.

[quote name='Corvin']IIRC, you let him chase you to a corner of one of the tunnels, hop off your bike and shoot him with a shotgun.[/quote]Thanks for the tip. I don't think I ever found the shotgun, but I'll be sure to try and find the gun store before I take on that mission, because I tried for hours without success.

I believe I used the Machine gun IIRC.

and yes DR had it's fair share of problems, outlined time & time again by all the haters out there. I still loved it though and it holds a place in my heart. I still don't think I've played any Next-Gen title as much as I did DR (except Hardwood Spades, but that doesn't count).

[quote name='Vulcan2422']Dang, Looks good. I gotta admit, I bought my 360 cause of Dead Rising as well. I just hope there is some sort of Co-op mode. Always wanted to bash Zombie heads in with my buddy.[/QUOTE]

I did too. And I would die for online co-op, especially for co-op attacks.

Tag team wrestle zombies anyone?

You're not supposed to kill Carlos in the garage. You're supposed to drive from bomb to bomb and make sure you get a new car from certain spots so that you always have a lasting car. I would go in an order like this, > bomb 1 > new car > bomb 2 > new car, etc.

If you kill Carlos, he just respawns and comes after you again with a fresh vehicle and if you get out of your car, you risk him blowing you to smitherines with the grenades.

Confirmed:
dead_rising_2.jpg

That "Dead Rising 2" video from last week, that kinda looked like it could have been Dead Rising 2? It was totally Dead Rising 2. Capcom has officially announced the title not just for Xbox 360, but for PS3 and PC as well! The sequel occurs years after the events of the first game -- with the zombie virus now spread throughout the United States. The action will take place in the "gambling paradise of Fortune City". The main character is apparently no longer Frank West, but some guy in a jacket instead. Of course, Fortune City is filled with new junk with which to smash zombies, including, most importantly, that hamster ball/Atlasphere thing from the video!

As rumored, the game is being developed by Canada's Blue Castle Games. According to the press release, "A number of members from the original Dead Rising team will be working alongside Blue Castle Games throughout the development process," including producer Keiji Inafune.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/09/theyre-back-capcom-announces-dead-rising-2-for-pc-360-and-ps/

I hope that they add some co-op...in split screen and online and some multiplayer modes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how it's picking up from the "A" ending. Without using spoiler tags, it seems Carlitos' plan has come to fruition; which I actually really liked. I thought it was an ingenious way of spreading the infection. I hope we get to see the final fate of Frank.

I hope they fix all the problems from the first game.

I want to like a game with a gazillion zombies in it, but the first game was :puke:

I liked the first game but couldn't get past those 3 guys in that truck with the machine gun (in a courtyard, I think)... and that was really early in the game too.

It's hard to believe that a game that focused around killing a mall full of zombies could be boring... but it is. I get bored with the game after a half hour. If you've killed one zombie with an auger, you've killed a thousand.

There were a couple of things killed the game for me.
Every time I went into the courtyard, those fucking morons in the jeep respawned.
The cultists... What the hell? First there were no people, and now there are people running at me exploding? Where are the zombies?
The civies were brain dead, I was glad when they'd shoot themselves so I wouldn't have to deal with their stupid asses anymore.
Why is my katana able to cut 10 zombies in half, but then shatters? If you want to use the "it's in a mall knife store" argument, then the damn thing should be so dull it has trouble cutting wind, not to mention it would bend the first time you hit someone. (Yes, I've tested this.) For that matter, why does every weapon break in less than a minute? I know stuff isn't infinitely durable, but we're already suspending disbelief thinking zombies have taken over a mall... can't we pretend I can kill more than 8 zombies with a hockey stick?
Why do I have to carry magazines with me to gain benefits? Can't I just read it and remember? If his memory is so bad he forgets when he puts it down, shouldn't he forget he even has the magazine?

If you want to spend half an hour killing things, the game is great. If you want to complete the story... I couldn't stand it.

[quote name='cmart05']I hope they make a better game.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']
Every time I went into the courtyard, those fucking morons in the jeep respawned. [/QUOTE]

This, combined with the ridiculous level up/save system, is what killed it for me.

/waits for someone to scream out how different=good

I had no problem with the save system since I didn't suck and die at the game constantly.

I hated having to play by the game's constant clock because that left little time to play the game you wanted.

Co-op with this game would be a huge plus and do wonders to forget about a lot of the game's bad design choices.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Really it would be fantastic if they just took lots of queues from Crackdown. Crackdown with zombies would be fine with me for Dead Rising 2.[/quote]
That would be game of the year, and i'm dead serious. Crackdown is THE most underrated game on the 360, added zombies into the mix and you have perfection.

I really enjoyed Dead Rising, it certainly had its problems but it was a lot if fun to play. It was one of those games that if you perservered with it, it got really good.

[quote name='will52']I still gotta play Dead Rising. Very LTTP. :([/quote]
What are you talking about? Dead Rising is nothing like Link to the Past. ;)

[quote name='lilboo']Predictions: Frank will be DLC for $5[/quote]rofl Typical Capcom. At least they aren't as bad as EA (ie cheat codes for $5).

bread's done
Back