Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse - $39.99 at Best Buy ($31.99 w/ Gamer Unlocked)

Really awesome prices if you have GCU. I know for a fact BB will be getting all my business when it comes to games this year. Hopefully people dont ruin a good thing.

Its because the PS4 is kicking the XBO arse.
The Xbone needs to remove Kinnect and lower the price if it wants a fighting chance. I also heard that the dashboard functionality is terrible. I will pick one up if they sort that out and get rid of Kinnect.

You can get the price match even if you got that promo. Tell them that you know they're BS'ing you and that you are allowed to get a price match.
No, you're not suppose to be able to get PM if you got in on the GC deal. So stop spreading misinformation, moron.

Highly recommend Ryse and Dead Rising 3, they're both really underrated. Forza 5 got boring fast but I might not be into racers as the reasoning.

Anyone know if I'll be able to, or have any trouble price adjusting Ryse? I bought it for $60($48 after GCU) a couple days before Xmas.
Forza 5 is a driving sim not a racing game. need for speed is a racing game

Highly recommend Ryse and Dead Rising 3, they're both really underrated. Forza 5 got boring fast but I might not be into racers as the reasoning.

Anyone know if I'll be able to, or have any trouble price adjusting Ryse? I bought it for $60($48 after GCU) a couple days before Xmas.
I found Forza 5 incredibly underwhelming. Nothing about it says next-gen to me.

Might bite on Ryse even though I don't have unlocked....but I hear single player is really short? If it's less than 7 or 8 hours I can just wait another few months and maybe get it for $25 when I'm actually ready to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
All 3 are definitely worth it.  A bit jealous of these price drops, but I got my copies through Amazon when they were running $20 off Xbox Live Gold with each purchase, so I guess I didn't come out too badly.

Damn.  Last gen, it seemed like I had to wait a good year before getting any deals on launch titles so I just jumped on these at near full price at launch but I guess it was worth it to be able to play them over the holidays.  Had a lot of fun with DR3 and Ryse though.

Forza 5 is a beautiful game.  Play Forza 4 and Horizons first, then play 5.  You will notice a huge graphical difference.

Turn 10 did adjust the economy so you earn credits faster to buy the cars you want - you're not going to be able to buy really expensive cars right away, but they're more obtainable than they were at launch.

Holiday Return and Exchange Policy
Need to return a gift? Our extended holiday return period makes it easier.

Purchases made between November 3, 2013, and December 31, 2013, can be returned through January 15, 2014.

EXTENDED HOLIDAY RETURNS: Gift purchases made between November 3, 2013 and December 31, 2013 qualify for our Holiday Return and Exchange policy. Products (goods) purchased as gifts may be returned through January 15, 2014. Terms of our standard policy (including, but not limited to "non-returnable items" and "photo identification required") apply. Carrier contracts for mobile phones and other third party service providers (e.g., DirecTV contracts) do not qualify for the holiday gift policy. Geek Squad® Protection/Trade-In Plus plans returned after 30 days from date of purchase will be refunded at a pro-rated amount. No restocking fees.

I still get my gamers mag am I still a member?  Is there a special code to use?  Like when you go to the gamers website

Ordered both Forza and Ryse on the 18th of November from BB, gonna go in today and rebuy the games and return with the old receipt (I'm elite plus so I think i have 45 days) to get $40 back.

Edit. Just realized these aren't the day one editions. Damnit

And I remember being so excited getting DR3 and Ryse for $47.99 on launch night, not really knowing then about the GCU 20% off deal b/c it had just started. I will definitely be going to PM the price difference and maybe pick up another game. Thanks OP!

IMO, DR3 is the only worthy title. RYSE is decent, but you'll be done with the game in about 6 hours. The MP is super boring, so no replay value there. Forza 5. Not sure what Turn 10 was thinking, but I was pretty let down. Forza 5 was the only reason I wanted a Xbone. IMO, it's all about eye candy. Takes way too long to level up, takes a lot of money to buy decent cars, etc etc. 

Wow never seen console launch games drop as fast as the main XB1 exclusives in a long time. I can't recall this happening with the 360/PS3, not sure about before that. But 33% within 5 weeks of a console launch is pretty insane, more so with GCU, but that's not really relevant IMO.
You mean other than the PS4 launch with all games at B2G1?

Has anyone that purchased these with the gift card offers been able to get a price match?
I was able to over the phone. The rep I spoke with gave me a $10+tax refund without any hassle, but I might've just got lucky. Probably worth giving them a call, though. Worst they can do is say no.

EDIT: Just got the refund confirmation e-mail.

Anyone else having trouble getting Discover Card 5% Cashback link to work for Best Buy? The link always appears broken and will not load Best Buys website. The 5% helps cover the majority if the tax :)

The Xbone needs to remove Kinnect and lower the price if it wants a fighting chance. I also heard that the dashboard functionality is terrible. I will pick one up if they sort that out and get rid of Kinnect.
My friend got a Xbox One yesterday for his birthday and while the UI is a bit of a mess the system works great. The voice controls are really good once you learn what command to use. The snap function is pretty awesome. Once they can integrate the voice function into internet browsing completely it will sway a lot of people. I thought I would not like using the voice commands but they were really fun. Switching between football, the store, twitch, IE and bing were quick and we only had to occasionally say things twice. The auto sign-in is pretty neat with the face recognition. It may be a bit of a gimmick but dam it is an impressive one.

You can get the price match even if you got that promo. Tell them that you know they're BS'ing you and that you are allowed to get a price match.
No you can't. You might be able to trick someone into giving you a pm but that's just douchey.

Holiday Return and Exchange Policy
Need to return a gift? Our extended holiday return period makes it easier.

Purchases made between November 3, 2013, and December 31, 2013, can be returned through January 15, 2014.

EXTENDED HOLIDAY RETURNS: Gift purchases made between November 3, 2013 and December 31, 2013 qualify for our Holiday Return and Exchange policy. Products (goods) purchased as gifts may be returned through January 15, 2014. Terms of our standard policy (including, but not limited to "non-returnable items" and "photo identification required") apply. Carrier contracts for mobile phones and other third party service providers (e.g., DirecTV contracts) do not qualify for the holiday gift policy. Geek Squad® Protection/Trade-In Plus plans returned after 30 days from date of purchase will be refunded at a pro-rated amount. No restocking fees.
I was going to post this for Donut but you beat me to it. It's on the any receipt printed in that time frame too, so if you have one you should be good to go as far as "proof" to convince them. I too purchased Ryse and DR3 on launch day. Really tempted to go in and try to get them to give me back the difference (because at this point I've already gotten 5 Xbox One games for like $20 out of pocket, getting the difference back here puts me ahead and I can still trade 3 of the games back in).

I got a no go on a PM for stuff I bought earlier last week.  The operator said they are not price matching items that were purchased between black friday and christmas day.  If the items I have are unopened and have the receipt, then I can return AT THE STORE, get the difference and then re-buy the items.  BOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Called and got all 3 of my games PM'ed w/out a problem.

delete... I'm not about to argue about this with a bunch of folks...

Good luck to all. Mine went through super easy, hope it works for everyone that calls in.

No you can't. You might be able to trick someone into giving you a pm but that's just douchey.
Low Price Guarantee
Online or In Store: Find a Lower Price and We'll Match It.
At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store or shipped from and sold by a designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Rakuten.com Shopping, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of products shipped from or sold by third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through 11:59 p.m. on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

I was going to post this for Donut but you beat me to it. It's on the any receipt printed in that time frame too, so if you have one you should be good to go as far as "proof" to convince them. I too purchased Ryse and DR3 on launch day. Really tempted to go in and try to get them to give me back the difference (because at this point I've already gotten 5 Xbox One games for like $20 out of pocket, getting the difference back here puts me ahead and I can still trade 3 of the games back in).
What are you convincing them of? That they have an extended RETURN period? Return is different from "Price Match"... yes? You can return the games but like all returns it will be tracked. If you get in the habit of returning games to bypass the price match policy you will lose your ability to do returns.

Enjoy.

If you bought a game at launch that came w/ a RZ promo, is it "douchey" to get it PM'ed a few weeks later..
To answer your questions... yes it is. It's as douchey as complaining when Best Buy won't PM the "capcom store" or eBay Seller "Imastupidcag" or an OOS clearance item at TRU... but not nearly as douchey as trying in the first place.

Called and got all 3 of my games PM'ed w/out a problem.

Bought mine in the store and called the store to see if I can get the price adjusted in the first place. Rep said she could take care of the price adjustment over the phone if I had the receipt on hand (which I did) and that it didn't matter I got in on the $25 gift card deal over the weekend.

BTW, why would there be anything "douchey" about this price match?!? If you bought a game at launch that came w/ a RZ promo, is it "douchey" to get it PM'ed a few weeks later...geez, it's a new year. Stop being an asshole and get off your high horse already...
He was referring to the person who said that they should price adjust for people who bought the game with the $25 giftcard deal. Throwing a tantrum about that is douchey because you had a deal based on certain pricing, They weren't giving a $25 giftcard when selling it for $32, they were selling them for $40. RZ promos are different. They've always honored those with price adjustments.

What are you convincing them of? That they have an extended RETURN period? Return is different from "Price Match"... yes? You can return the games but like all returns it will be tracked. If you get in the habit of returning games to bypass the price match policy you will lose your ability to do returns.

Enjoy.
I got something price matched from mid November a couple of days ago. When they've extend the returns in the past they typically extend the price match policy as well so that people don't do return/rebuy.

I'm simply exchanging the price I paid on 11/22 for the price the game is today, duh. :D/

Is there any way to do this without my receipt? Can they just look up my order information?

You mean other than the PS4 launch with all games at B2G1?
Those were in my eyes an incentive to just sell games at launch, kind of like a "OOO look cheap games, so buy the system". After the first week we didn't see any real sales on the games. For PS4 games a few dropped to $50 (Shadow Fall and Knack, don't remember Knack being $40, but I remember $50) but to see every XB1 exclusive for 33% off is rather interesting and surprising.

I don't have an XB1, but I do have a PS4. But I am not delusional enough to deny that in my eyes the best console launch exclusive is on the XB1 and not the PS4, Dead Rising 3, so I am not trying to say "wow XB1 games must suck. LAWL!" I am saying "Wow stores must be really trying to push these XB1 games hard"

This could simply be a way for Best Buy to drive X1 demand. If the price of X1 video games drop, then the demand for the X1 should shift to the right. I'm just guessing, but it seems to me that Microsoft was better prepared for stock-outs than Sony, thus the X1 is more readily available.

That said, I have all three exclusives and each one is amazing in it's own right with Dead Rising 3 being the best with the amount of replay value it has.

Not sure why people bag on Forza, sure it's a bit lighter on content than the last Forza, but it's still damn impressive ... especially compared to the glitchy mess that is the latest Need for Speed game.

I don't know how to put it into words, but I simply love Ryse to pieces. I think it's 2013's most underrated game. The cutscenes were awesome; I never skipped any. I'm level 105 in multiplayer and still going too. Spending New Years Day playing on Legendary...after getting a price match of course :)

IMO, DR3 is the only worthy title. RYSE is decent, but you'll be done with the game in about 6 hours. The MP is super boring, so no replay value there. Forza 5. Not sure what Turn 10 was thinking, but I was pretty let down. Forza 5 was the only reason I wanted a Xbone. IMO, it's all about eye candy. Takes way too long to level up, takes a lot of money to buy decent cars, etc etc.
Forza 5 is awesome. I have had no trouble getting the cars I want playing very casually. Just last night I got my McClaren P1.(awesome)
My only issue with Forza is the carreer mode is very clunky and they need at least 4 more tracks. Gameplay A. Controls A- Appearance A+. Content Cars A Tracks C+

I was able to get a refund on the dead rising and ryse order I placed last week on the 25th. Refunded me 10 for each and it was on the gift card promotion. The rep had to had both items in my cart and act like I was going to buy both so she could see the gcu membership discount.

Has any "Silver" members had any luck calling the hotline to get a PM after the $25/$15 gift card promo from last week?

Forza 5 is awesome. I have had no trouble getting the cars I want playing very casually. Just last night I got my McClaren P1.(awesome)
My only issue with Forza is the carreer mode is very clunky and they need at least 4 more tracks. Gameplay A. Controls A- Appearance A+. Content Cars A Tracks C+
Not sure how long you have been playing Forza, but I have been playing since the first one came out. Forza 2 was the best IMO. Hated Forza 3 and Forza 4 wasn't much better. IMO, Forza 5 is all about eye candy. Naturally, people who have never played Forza will love it because of it's visuals.

Not sure how long you have been playing Forza, but I have been playing since the first one came out. Forza 2 was the best IMO. Hated Forza 3 and Forza 4 wasn't much better. IMO, Forza 5 is all about eye candy. Naturally, people who have never played Forza will love it because of it's visuals.
I didn't even think it looked that great. Maybe I was just bitter because of how crappy Thrustmaster's $400 wheel turned out to be (thankfully i was able to return mine).

Of next gen games, I would put Killzone, NBA 2K14, Assassin's Creed 4, COD Ghosts on PS4 and from what I hear Ryse about Forza's graphics.

Anybody know if I can just walk into the store and pick these up at $39, or are the prices online only?

Wow never seen console launch games drop as fast as the main XB1 exclusives in a long time. I can't recall this happening with the 360/PS3, not sure about before that. But 33% within 5 weeks of a console launch is pretty insane, more so with GCU, but that's not really relevant IMO.
Amazon had buy two PS4 games, get 1 one free the week before launch.

bread's done
Back