Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse - $39.99 at Best Buy ($31.99 w/ Gamer Unlocked)

I called bestbuy and got a order adjusted 8 per a game, I dont even thing the girl check and it was done very quickly and all I told her was I pay 39.99 due to GCU was 49.99, now 39.99 and with GCU 31.99 and she looked it up really quick and credit my account. One of the game was ever day one addition of Forza 5. No I wish I made more purchase online than in store.

Thank for the sale price OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryse is not a bad game, but definitely more of a rental. Beat it in 3 days on sold on Amazon for $39.99 a couple days ago before they matched the BB price.

Does anyone know the answer to these questions?

-What is the price match window from the time you purchase?

-If I purchased  Dead Rising 3 on launch day can I still price match?  

-If I purchased Forza 5 around December 8 can I still price match?

-Do I need the receipts to price match or can they look it up in-store through my purchase history?

Thanks.  

Does anyone know the answer to these questions?

-What is the price match window from the time you purchase?

-If I purchased Dead Rising 3 on launch day can I still price match?

-If I purchased Forza 5 around December 8 can I still price match?

-Do I need the receipts to price match or can they look it up in-store through my purchase history?

Thanks.
-15 days for regular customers. 30 days for Elite customers. 45 days for Elite Plus customers.

-Yes. Holiday price match allows you to price adjust or return if you bought anything from the beginning of November to the end of December. You have until January 15 to do so.

-Yes. See above.

-Yes, they can look it up in-store if you are a Rewards member.

Just got an email about 5X points this weekend. January 3rd and 4th. That should mean if you were to buy all 3 games with GCU it would be $96.00 + tax. However you should get 5x points on 96 = 480 + 96 (GCU Bonus) = 576 points = $10.00 Reward Zone Cert.

That is a nice extra bonus on top of the prices.

Can you confirm what is the status of your delivery? Mine says already delivered on 30th, but I never received the GCs!
I hope it is incorrect status update, and the GCs are still on route.
My order from best buy that I placed on the 30th says it was delivered yesterday. My wife was home all day and nothing...getting a little annoyed with UPS.

[quote name="AzureFlame" post="11412079" timestamp="1388741814"]-15 days for regular customers. 30 days for Elite customers. 45 days for Elite Plus customers.
-Yes. Holiday price match allows you to price adjust or return if you bought anything from the beginning of November to the end of December. You have until January 15 to do so.
-Yes. See above.
-Yes, they can look it up in-store if you are a Rewards member.[/quote]
I saw this thread when it popped up but didn't think anything of it since I got all my games at launch and got the bonus $35 RZ certificates. I didn't even think of the holiday return period! So I can just go in and day I want the price adjusted? I am an Elite GCU member.

My order from best buy that I placed on the 30th says it was delivered yesterday. My wife was home all day and nothing...getting a little annoyed with UPS.
I always had so much trust in the mailing system since they provide so much details in the tracking with exact timestamp.

Hope your order is still stuck somewhere in the local office and would arrive soon.

Mine, I was getting concerned about my package since they are GCs (and hope BB doesn't send GCs in different kind of envelope making it obvious that it contains some GC or something similar) It's been more than 3 days now after they were claimed to be delivered.

Called BB and they don't seem to be able to do much and said would take 5-7 business days to get back.

So I checked and Best Buys Price Adjust policy is a strict 15 days and mentions nothing of it coinciding with the return dates.

Have we had success going in with nothing but the receipt from the end of November and getting the prices adjusted? I really don't feel like buying all of the games again just to return them on the old receipt. 

You know whats bullshit?

You can't get a price adjustment on an online order according to two people that I've spoken too. Not calling again and not buying again and returning just for $8. It's not even worth the aggravation to call again.

So I checked and Best Buys Price Adjust policy is a strict 15 days and mentions nothing of it coinciding with the return dates.

Have we had success going in with nothing but the receipt from the end of November and getting the prices adjusted? I really don't feel like buying all of the games again just to return them on the old receipt.
(Elite Plus here) Succesful price match of NBA 2K14 from 11/27. The recicpt clearly stated "price match", no business of return/rebuy.

You know whats bullshit?

You can't get a price adjustment on an online order according to two people that I've spoken too. Not calling again and not buying again and returning just for $8. It's not even worth the aggravation to call again.
Best Buys call center sucks, at least in my experience. Was put on hold for over 20 minutes trying to get a price adjustment. Hung up the phone, went in store, was told to call the Elite Plus number since I am a member and would not have to wait (they said they would have to void the whole order and redo it to do a price adjustment since I had the $25 gift card promo but if I called it would be easier). Called that number, was then transferred and asked for some 3 digit transfer code which I was never given. I emailed their support, will see what comes of that. At least they have an extended return policy for Elite Plus members if it comes to that.

I called earlier and they said I qualified for it, but that I need to do it in store. Any non-Elite Plus members findings would be wonderful.

-15 days for regular customers. 30 days for Elite customers. 45 days for Elite Plus customers.

-Yes. See above.

-Yes, they can look it up in-store if you are a Rewards member.
Awesome. I will head to BestBuy tomorrow and try to PM. Thanks for the knowledge. O:)

Bought Ryse yesterday evening and just finished about a hour ago. I think the reviews were a bit harsh, the gameplay is somewhat repetitive, and it's short. However, the story was interesting enough to keep me going, and it's the best looking game I've played yet for Xbox One.

Just got a price match from my 11/21 purchases of Dead Rising 3 and Forza 5. I'm not an Elite Plus or Elite member & I didn't have my receipt when I asked them.

Price match and returns are both allowed during the holiday period.

Thanks, I will try it tonight when I get home from work then!
Hope it worked.

Awesome. I will head to BestBuy tomorrow and try to PM. Thanks for the knowledge. O:)
You're welcome.

This info has been very helpful I had no idea about the exTended holiday pRice match policy. It appears I can pRice match my launch copy of ghosts on ps3 for 49.99 right now

DR3 is the best XB1 release title IMO. Controls, graphics, and fun factor are just all great. I have not played Ryse, so we'll find out soon enough if I have to edit my initial statement. I just purchased it since I have GCU until April.

Forza 5 has soaked up the majority of my time. Microtransactions are only an issue if you need to unlock right away. I understand some of the cars aren't really easily attainable, but isn't that what most games do with achievements and items? CoD made you wait until the final level of each prestige in some of the games to unlock the final weapons. I don't like when games make everything instantly available to you. It's nice when you have to work for something. Aside from Forza Horizon, I have never finished every race in any Forza game. I just haven't had the time. I have put in about 48 hours into Forza 5 and I love it.

Anyway, my XB1 has been great. I can't wait for a better game selection, but I've been enjoying what I have. The Kinect works extremely well and is integrated well into the system. I hate the dashboard, the messaging system, and a lot of other things, BUT, I am sure they will work all of that out like they did with the 360. It's trying too hard to be Windows 8 when most the world knows Windows 8 isn't only tolerable when you have a touch screen.

Great deals here though. $29 after my $5 reward certificate.

tried PM'ing earlier this morning at BB, got a strict NO! lol. almost to the point where i felt wrong, well i called corporate and asked for a clarification as to what i could or couldn't do. I was told that i should be able to get my money back, but that it was also up to the discretion of the manager, the same manager who just shot me down. i then was also told i could return and rebuy, which isnt valid for me considering the games i brought were purchased with credit. after 1 hour on the phone i left best buy without a price match and no clear idea as to how PM'ing works during the holidays. but i just wanted to thank you guys anyway, you guys are always a great help when it comes to video game buying....

Thought they matched Forza and Ryse pretty quickly, finally added DR3.

If you haven't played DR3 yet, pick it up! Hands down the best exclusive for either console, and may be the best title out thus far IMO

Was able to pricematch Forza that I purchased on December 8 but was not able to price match Dead Rising 3 which I bought on consoles launch.  She said that the extended price match policy does not apply to purchases made that far back.  Also for Forza 5 I was only credited $8.75 back instead of $16.xx.  I guess she assumed I purchased at $39.99 yet I purchased game for $48.  I did not notice until long after I left store.  I'm debating whether I should call customer service and perhaps get credited the remaining balance or if it's worth my time for $8.  

I do not know if this is the right place. Is there a post on here where everyone who has an XB1 and certain games like Dead Rising 3, Forza, Ryse, etc can link up? Do not have many friends who own an XB1. thanks

Called again and they finally did the price adjustment for me. CSR said he normally is only allowed to do one price adjustment per order, but will refund $9 each / $18 total for the order.

I do not know if this is the right place. Is there a post on here where everyone who has an XB1 and certain games like Dead Rising 3, Forza, Ryse, etc can link up? Do not have many friends who own an XB1. thanks
Go to the Microsoft section under Video Game Discussion and it is a forum for Xbox 360/Xbox One gaming. There are threads dedicated to each game so you can find out whose playing.

bread's done
Back