Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse - $39.99 at Best Buy ($31.99 w/ Gamer Unlocked)

Not sure why people bag on Forza, sure it's a bit lighter on content than the last Forza, but it's still damn impressive ... especially compared to the glitchy mess that is the latest Need for Speed game.
Sure it looks great but, the economy is still iffy. Track selection is shit. Drivatar is complete and utter shit. And this may have just been me but there's no way in hell I'm waiting 15 minutes just to get into an online match.

I regret almost 100% buying it digital. Though the points were from the $15 for $5 thing last year.

This might also be because PS4 software is supposedly selling better so Microsoft feels the need to start offering more sales.

I know there's a lot of articles (Google it) that are saying Killzone is at 1Million+ and Dead Rising 3 was last around 600k. 

This might also be because PS4 software is supposedly selling better so Microsoft feels the need to start offering more sales.

I know there's a lot of articles (Google it) that are saying Killzone is at 1Million+ and Dead Rising 3 was last around 600k.
Because the PS4 is available in more countries, so yes, they would have higher sales.

Not sure how long you have been playing Forza, but I have been playing since the first one came out. Forza 2 was the best IMO. Hated Forza 3 and Forza 4 wasn't much better. IMO, Forza 5 is all about eye candy. Naturally, people who have never played Forza will love it because of it's visuals.
I have played every forza except Horizon. Liked them all but none have been perfect. Hated the way 4 handled the cars on multiple discs. My teeny full 20 gig HD made me pick and choose the cars that made the cut lol.

Well I am having problems getting BBY to pricematch since I bought online.  Even though they admit the price is $31.99 for an unlocked member the website price does not show that it shows $39.99.  I even offered to email a copy of the screenshot but they can't do that either.

This is going to become a HUGE inconvenience with the GCU program especially when buying games online if they can not see the GCU price on their end.

Needless to say I will most likely be doing most of my game purchases in-store after this experience.

I have played every forza except Horizon. Liked them all but none have been perfect. Hated the way 4 handled the cars on multiple discs. My teeny full 20 gig HD made me pick and choose the cars that made the cut lol.
haha! Horizon was cool as long as you remembered it's just an arcade game and not a sim racer.

Well I am having problems getting BBY to pricematch since I bought online. Even though they admit the price is $31.99 for an unlocked member the website price does not show that it shows $39.99. I even offered to email a copy of the screenshot but they can't do that either.

This is going to become a HUGE inconvenience with the GCU program especially when buying games online if they can not see the GCU price on their end.

Needless to say I will most likely be doing most of my game purchases in-store after this experience.
It looks like you got a dumb BB rep. I called in as well for a price adjustment on an online order and she knew exactly what I was taking about took care of the new price of 31.99

So if I call the Elite Plus number they'll price match it at $31.99 which would be my GCU price? I previously bought it for $48 after GCU.
When I called Elite Plus they transfered me to a stupid ass woman who 'couldn't price match', then I asked to speak to her supervisor, and she just transfered me to some random person who had no idea what I was talking about, but of course, she could price match it -____-

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to price match Ryse I bought with gcu during the 25$ GC deal last week . Price matching with the gcu can confuse things , they see on there end you paid 40 $ . They should also see that the original price was 50 $ , so if you tell them you have gcu and that you should get 20 % off the 40 $ sale price making it 32$ it should work out for you . As always if you get rep that gives you a hard time just call back .

I am going through this thread and have never once knew about price adjustments. How does that work? I'm a GCU member, but not an Elite Plus. I bought DR3 and Forza 5 11/21, regular editions. Am I able to call them up and ask for an adjustment?

I am going through this thread and have never once knew about price adjustments. How does that work? I'm a GCU member, but not an Elite Plus. I bought DR3 and Forza 5 11/21, regular editions. Am I able to call them up and ask for an adjustment?
I am Elite Plus, and I called. She said to do a price match is 15 days, and an exchange is 45 days. I can try to exchange it at the store to get the sale price, but because it's an opened video game, it might not work.

So, didn't work for me.

EDIT: I bought Ryse on 11/22 for $59.99, and tried to do the $39.99 adjustment.

I am Elite Plus, and I called. She said to do a price match is 15 days, and an exchange is 45 days. I can try to exchange it at the store to get the sale price, but because it's an opened video game, it might not work.

So, didn't work for me.

Dude, just buy it again and return with old receipt.

So, didn't work for me.

Both of your purchases are within the extended holiday return window. If the PM doesn't work, just buy again and return with old receipt.

Both of your purchases are within the extended holiday return window. If the PM doesn't work, just buy again and return with old receipt.
I am stuck though. My receipt says Ryse Day One Edition. Bet I can't return a standard Ryse with a Day One receipt - different SKUs :(

When I called I told the automated answering service I was calling about a video game, I guess I was transferred to that department. Where the woman added the items to my cart and checked out so she would see the discount. She didn't understand the discount on top of it she thought hit was already automatically taken off my order. But when I told her it was tied to my rewards zone card and she went through the check out she finally understood. I'm a elite member, ordered mine on the 25th with just one $25 dollar gc. Had no issues really, so if your having issues might want to call the video game department and walk them through how to get the discount

Oh nice, going to take in COD Ghosts on X1 and Gta v on ps3! $20 and $18 before bonus'!

Got that $30 offer thing for gamer unlocked so I can get these for that $32 price.

Grrr, they pushed the prices down to $17 and $14 today, I should have taken them in last night!

Oh well, seems like a fair deal. Got the 2 year membership and dead rising 3 for those two games and then bought Forza 5 as well.

Really awesome prices if you have GCU. I know for a fact BB will be getting all my business when it comes to games this year. Hopefully people dont ruin a good thing.

The Xbone needs to remove Kinnect and lower the price if it wants a fighting chance. I also heard that the dashboard functionality is terrible. I will pick one up if they sort that out and get rid of Kinnect.

No, you're not suppose to be able to get PM if you got in on the GC deal. So stop spreading misinformation, moron.
I thought he was talking about the $25 gift card you get for preordering 3 games, not the $25 gift card for 2 games which was last week's deal. But you don't need to bite my head off.

I thought he was talking about the $25 gift card you get for preordering 3 games, not the $25 gift card for 2 games which was last week's deal. But you don't need to bite my head off.
I wish you could get prices like these for digital codes for the games. I really want to go completely digital for my PS4 and Xbox One. I can buy PS4 digital codes for everything but cannot buy digital codes for Xbox one anywhere. Kinda sucks.

Got Forza for $40 from last week target deal so i'm not too big on it
but 

Wow, bought Deadrising 3 on the DEC 21, got it price match last week for $10 off during last week xmas sale, now i'm going back tomorrow to try to get another $10.. My purchase doesn't seem bad now. 

Sorry if this was answered before, but is this in the weekly ad or just an after holiday sale?

I want to pick up both Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 but I'm waiting for my Chase Freedom credit card to come in the mail. They have a $200 cash back if you spend $500 in the first 3 months promo for new customers so I was going to use this card on an Xbox One. I might have bite on these prices if it's only a new years promo for these games.

And I got my price matches from last weekend.  Took about 15 minutes, but they refunded the difference back to the gift cards I bought them on.  

awesome. lol at the people holding on to and buying up all the systems thinking they are going to make tons of cash flipping these.
What's weird is that people are selling below cost. I assume anything under retail at this point is stolen or has some other issue. Pretty much every major retailer had a special holiday return policy that should allow returns of systems bought on or close to launch.

I bought Forza 5 for $49.99 + GCU discount last week. I want to do a price adjustment in store today to $39.99 + GCU. However, I no longer have the game.

Can I get the $10 price ajustment in store if I only have the receipt and I tell them the game was a gift?

(My local Best Buys are sold out of Forza 5 now so I can't re-buy it)

Thanks OP. Will be calling in to get a PM from the Ryse and Dead Rising 3 I bought last week.

Hmm, so the rep just told me he can't price match with my Unlocked membership and that I have to bring it in to return and re-buy. I guess I'll call back later and try with a different rep...

I bought Forza 5 for $49.99 before GCU discount last week. I want to do a price adjustment in store today to $33 after GCU. However, I no longer have the game.

Can I get the $10 price ajustment in store if I only have the receipt and I tell them the game was a gift?

(My local Best Buys are sold out of Forza 5 now so I can't re-buy it just to show them during the price adjustment)
When I usually pricematch games, I just go without a receipt aslong as you are a RZ/mybestbuy member. They can lookup your receipt and do the pricematch on the spot. I don't even bring in my items. (better not tell them its was a gift, it wouldn't matter but make it a easy transaction than complicated one)

When I usually pricematch games, I just go without a receipt aslong as you are a RZ/mybestbuy member. They can lookup your receipt and do the pricematch on the spot. I don't even bring in my items. (better not tell them its was a gift, it wouldn't matter but make it a easy transaction than complicated one)
Thanks a lot. I'll go in today with my receipt only.

So people who got in on the $25 best buy gift card deal from last week with buying 2 of these games are getting price adjustments?

So people who got in on the $25 best buy gift card deal from last week with buying 2 of these games are getting price adjustments?
Some are. I just got denied though, but it wasn't because of the $25 gc. Rep just said he can't do price match based off the Gamer's Unlocked discount. I'll try again later.

Was finally able to get 3 games PM'ed.

Had to explain the GCU membership to the lady like I was talking to a small child. Was also hung up on twice before finally getting connected again (also found out they can't call you back if they do hang up on you). So even though the process was worse than pulling teeth, I got my $24 credited back to me.

She did tell me at the start I'd be getting an email to review and give feedback of my customer service experience. Hmmm...

No, just lots of new titles. It wasn't at every Sams club though, it was a ymmv situation just like the AC CE at BB was.
Sadly my local club was not one that had the next gen games discounted. I'm sure patience will pay off and I'll get a copy for the Xbox One around my $30 mark. I already own it on the 360 and PS4 so I'm not missing anything other than the extra achievements.

Sadly my local club was not one that had the next gen games discounted. I'm sure patience will pay off and I'll get a copy for the Xbox One around my $30 mark. I already own it on the 360 and PS4 so I'm not missing anything other than the extra achievements.
My Sams didn't either. I'd like to play NFS and Lego Superheroes, but it's not happening unless I can get them for ~$30 or less

bread's done
Back