Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse - $39.99 at Best Buy ($31.99 w/ Gamer Unlocked)

Like another user posted, talking to these people on the phone was like pulling teeth. Half the people I talked to didn't even know what GCU was and the others couldn't do it because the system wouldn't let them or they said I would have to do it in-store. I finally gave up after about an hour on the phone being transferred from one department to the next. I drove to Best Buy (it was on the way to somewhere else I was going) and talked to their Customer Service and relayed my experience on the phone. They tried a return/rebuy, but the system wouldn't let them. They ended up calling somebody and there was a separate system the person on the phone had access to and they were able to apply credits to my account. So, finally got the price adjustment on DR3 and Ryse. No one ever mentioned anything about the $25 gift card, so I don't think that was a factor.

Like another user posted, talking to these people on the phone was like pulling teeth. Half the people I talked to didn't even know what GCU was and the others couldn't do it because the system wouldn't let them or they said I would have to do it in-store. I finally gave up after about an hour on the phone being transferred from one department to the next. I drove to Best Buy (it was on the way to somewhere else I was going) and talked to their Customer Service and relayed my experience on the phone. They tried a return/rebuy, but the system wouldn't let them. They ended up calling somebody and there was a separate system the person on the phone had access to and they were able to apply credits to my account. So, finally got the price adjustment on DR3 and Ryse. No one ever mentioned anything about the $25 gift card, so I don't think that was a factor.
I had the same issue as far as people not knowing about GCU. How do they not know about it at this point? It's not like it's a new thing anymore . I know the way GCU works now is new, but they don't even know what GCU is at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'll relay my story. My cousin and I made a deal, I call Best Buy on his behalf when a price-match/deal comes up and I get 50% of the return. He is very well off (his parents just bought him a $2,500 gaming PC and he bought himself a PS4 and XB1).

So he had bought Ryse, DR3, and Forza 5 early December. I told him I could get back $48 total for all three games, would he want me to try, he said go for it.

The woman I talked to understood, or so I thought. DR3 and Forza were in one order and she got $32 back on that no problem. But she said they couldn't give anything back for Ryse due to using $25 in rewards. Which is nonsense since that is still currency to Best Buy. She then puts me on hold and comes back and informs me that she talked to her supervisor and I am indeed correct and they will issue an $8 refund. I was like "why $8, it should be $16. Just like DR3/Forza. They are identical in the situation $60>48 and now $40>32."

She said because it was $48 when it was purchased and now it's $40...I explain AGAIN about the 20% making it $32 right now. She then falls back on the "You used rewards"....We just went over this, you agreed that does NOT negate a price match....This goes on for a few more minutes and she puts me on hold again. When she gets back on the phone she said OK I do apologize, you are correct and I applied the $16 to that order as well.

Overall it took 48 minutes from start to finish...But I got it done.

Thanks, OP.  Picked up Ryse and used a $15 cert, bringing it to $18.01.  I can live with that price for as short as the campaign sounds (I have no interest in multiplayer) and hopefully trade it in for more when I'm done.

Why is everyone price matching over the phone? Why not do it in the store?
Because if you bought it online you can't do it in-store...And if you bought it in-store you can't do it online.

You can do a return/rebuy for an online purchase in store, but that's very different then a price match.

I guess I'll relay my story. My cousin and I made a deal, I call Best Buy on his behalf when a price-match/deal comes up and I get 50% of the return. He is very well off (his parents just bought him a $2,500 gaming PC and he bought himself a PS4 and XB1).

So he had bought Ryse, DR3, and Forza 5 early December. I told him I could get back $48 total for all three games, would he want me to try, he said go for it.

The woman I talked to understood, or so I thought. DR3 and Forza were in one order and she got $32 back on that no problem. But she said they couldn't give anything back for Ryse due to using $25 in rewards. Which is nonsense since that is still currency to Best Buy. She then puts me on hold and comes back and informs me that she talked to her supervisor and I am indeed correct and they will issue an $8 refund. I was like "why $8, it should be $16. Just like DR3/Forza. They are identical in the situation $60>48 and now $40>32."

She said because it was $48 when it was purchased and now it's $40...I explain AGAIN about the 20% making it $32 right now. She then falls back on the "You used rewards"....We just went over this, you agreed that does NOT negate a price match....This goes on for a few more minutes and she puts me on hold again. When she gets back on the phone she said OK I do apologize, you are correct and I applied the $16 to that order as well.

Your like one of the cheapest man ho's I know, you should be right there next to deuce. He would have only done it for 1/4 and been done it 20 minutes though.

Your like one of the cheapest man ho's I know, you should be right there next to deuce. He would have only done it for 1/4 and been done it 20 minutes though.
No idea who deuce is...but my cousin is the one who offered to give me half. I never asked for anything. He's my cousin, I help him out and he felt it fair to give me a share of the refund.

Wait, you mean Deuce Bigalow...as in the movies from like 10 years ago? Um ok...

Why is everyone price matching over the phone? Why not do it in the store?
5 minute phone call sitting at home vs driving 10 mins to the store and wasting a gallon of gas in my truck.

That said I finished RYSE tonight, what a great freakin' game. I understand the reviews I guess but I loved every bit of it, never once got bored which is saying a lot for me. May trade it in if it's still $30 tomorrow, not sure if I wanna get 100% on it or not, heard it's glitchy and the replay is a bit small.

5 minute phone call sitting at home vs driving 10 mins to the store and wasting a gallon of gas in my truck.

That said I finished RYSE tonight, what a great freakin' game. I understand the reviews I guess but I loved every bit of it, never once got bored which is saying a lot for me. May trade it in if it's still $30 tomorrow, not sure if I wanna get 100% on it or not, heard it's glitchy and the replay is a bit small.
I never experienced any glitches, but the replay isn't great. I beat the campaign twice and got to about level 35 in multiplayer and it was pretty stale by then. Good, pretty game but I've enjoyed Black Flag and Lego Marvel more.

Sorry to repost this question, but I need an answer ASAP.

Is it possible to use a RZ certificate on a purchase, even if the certificate wasn't earned on the GCU account that you're using for the 20% (online). I would also appreciate an answer to if it works in-store too.

Thanks.

Is it possible to use a RZ certificate on a purchase, even if the certificate wasn't earned on the GCU account that you're using for the 20% (online). I would also appreciate an answer to if it works in-store too.

Thanks.
You could always add one of the games to your cart and go through the checkout process up until the point where you add in RZ certificates to see if they can be added. You can do that without actually completing your order. I would assume if they can be added online that they can be added in store.

Thanks.
Ive used my wife's RZ certs a few times as well as those gifts that best buy sends out but it's always YMMV :/

Looks like the prices are holding up so far at 8:15 am central time. I hope they hold up till after I get out of work :/ have 4 games to price match :(

Just put in an order for Forza 5. I hated on that game due to the micro transactions. It sounds like they fixed a lot of that??

I already bought, played and sold the other two games.
Yeah, the economy is skewed the other direction now actually. Not complaining, just cars are wicked cheap. Most expensive car is 2M. Admittedly doesn't hurt that I've gotten 6M from Forza Rewards but yeah, cars are cheap.

I understand that $10 per game or $8 per game for GCU is a good difference to price match and people should still try to price match since the original offer was buy 2, get a GC.

But what about the $15 GC for purchase over $100? I guess most people bought games/stuff totalling just over $100 and now with a PM, the total would go below the limit, wouldn't it void their $15 GC. What would Best Buy do in such case?

This might also be because PS4 software is supposedly selling better so Microsoft feels the need to start offering more sales.

I know there's a lot of articles (Google it) that are saying Killzone is at 1Million+ and Dead Rising 3 was last around 600k.
This makes no sense and is faulty logic.

PS4 only had two launch exclusives, both arguably worse than what X1 has to offer. For millions of dudebros buying PS4, they're going to look at the Knack cover and pass it off and buy Killzone (I'm not complaining, Knack is trash and deserves the 3's, 4's, 5's and 6's out of 10's it's been getting).

So you have millions buying one game vs. millions splitting between three games. Not to mention that Knack has been $39.99 tons of times and Killzone $49.99 (don't know if lower). And the b2g1 sale on Amazon and Target at launch which must've sold a TON since reviews weren't live yet or were just posted.

Also, this isn't a Microsoft sale.

Logic likes this reads like a biased NeoGAF topic (not saying you are, I know you're not, speaking in general). 8 years on that forum and what a cesspool it's become.. so much better here, oddly enough.

For what it's worth, she wasn't really wrong per se; the issue is with how Best Buy lets you redeem RZ points. It subtracts them from the price of the item, making the item appear to cost less on the receipt. I used to work at a Best Buy, and it made returns problematic, because it essentially devalues the item. Glad you eventually got it worked out, though!

I did my online PM and since I had used some RZ certificates, the prorated amount went back to my BestBuy account in the form of points just like I had expected. 

A bit OT, but has anyone had any problems with Bestbuy's shipping lately? I recently ordered a Fitbit from them with Express shipping and it was supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. But I just got a UPS Mychoice notification saying it'll arrive on the 6th.

A bit OT, but has anyone had any problems with Bestbuy's shipping lately? I recently ordered a Fitbit from them with Express shipping and it was supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. But I just got a UPS Mychoice notification saying it'll arrive on the 6th.
The mail has been slow because of the holiday backlog. I still haven't gotten my $25 giftcard that shipped on the 27th.

A bit OT, but has anyone had any problems with Bestbuy's shipping lately? I recently ordered a Fitbit from them with Express shipping and it was supposed to arrive today or tomorrow. But I must got a UPS Mychoice notification saying it'll arrive on the 6th.
It's UPS. I have gotten 6 emails for one package due "unavoidable circumstances" or something like that.

I'll wait for Ryse to price drop to $20

The mail has been slow because of the holiday backlog. I still haven't gotten my $25 giftcard that shipped on the 27th.
Can you confirm what is the status of your delivery? Mine says already delivered on 30th, but I never received the GCs!

I hope it is incorrect status update, and the GCs are still on route.

You could always add one of the games to your cart and go through the checkout process up until the point where you add in RZ certificates to see if they can be added. You can do that without actually completing your order. I would assume if they can be added online that they can be added in store.
I'm the one using another person's GCU account and I don't have that login info, but thank you though.

It's UPS. I have gotten 6 emails for one package due "unavoidable circumstances" or something like that.

I'll wait for Ryse to price drop to $20
Agreed. UPS is getting ripped right now for their shoddy service during the holiday season this year. Strange, because they're usually better than FedEx or USPS.

Funny thing happened to my ThinkGeek package this year. It was sitting at the UPS warehouse in my town on Wednesday. On Friday, I check again...still sitting in the UPS warehouse. Saturday, same thing. Sunday they passed it off to the USPS (United States Postal Service) & I had it on Monday.

So UPS couldn't get my package from their warehouse 5 miles from my house in 4 days, but the USPS could do it in a few hours. What a strange holiday season.

Slightly back on topic. Ryse is fun. $20 would be an excellent price point, but I don't feel bad for buying it with my new console. I had a blast.

Agreed. UPS is getting ripped right now for their shoddy service during the holiday season this year. Strange, because they're usually better than FedEx or USPS.

Funny thing happened to my ThinkGeek package this year. It was sitting at the UPS warehouse in my town on Wednesday. On Friday, I check again...still sitting in the UPS warehouse. Saturday, same thing. Sunday they passed it off to the USPS (United States Postal Service) & I had it on Monday.

So UPS couldn't get my package from their warehouse 5 miles from my house in 4 days, but the USPS could do it in a few hours. What a strange holiday season.

Slightly back on topic. Ryse is fun. $20 would be an excellent price point, but I don't feel bad for buying it with my new console. I had a blast.
Honestly, I use USPS for my eBay sales all the time and they are a seriously undervalued service these days. I print my labels online and save a ton of money, because I do that I never have to stand in line to drop off a package, they have pick-up locations everywhere and most of my packages arrive to their destination in 3-4 days regardless of how I ship. Making it even funnier is how often FedEx or UPS just delivers to a local post office and then lets the USPS deliver to the actual destination.

Honestly, I use USPS for my eBay sales all the time and they are a seriously undervalued service these days. I print my labels online and save a ton of money, because I do that I never have to stand in line to drop off a package, they have pick-up locations everywhere and most of my packages arrive to their destination in 3-4 days regardless of how I ship. Making it even funnier is how often FedEx or UPS just delivers to a local post office and then lets the USPS deliver to the actual destination.
USPS is excellent. They handle more mail then everyone and a few bad experiences are the exception not the rule.

Small sellers would not survive without them. They are the only service where you can send a game ( ~ 5oz) for less then $2 and have it arrive in 2-5 days depending on where it came from and where it's going.

I got my Dynasty Warriors 8 in from GCU coupon, guess I'll go trade it in for $30.80 and pick up Ryse which I hear is underrated.

I got my Dynasty Warriors 8 in from GCU coupon, guess I'll go trade it in for $30.80 and pick up Ryse which I hear is underrated.
Getting Ryse for $17 or cheaper (if you got DW8 online it was what $8 compared to $15 in store at least for me it was) is a HUGE upgrade. I love Ryse and plan on going back and playing through it again shortly.

UPS has be great with me, well their delivery is fast but their follow to instruction is stupid LOL. 

I bought the Xbox One one week after thanksgiving, having elite plus, with free expedited, order at 9 a.m. got the system next day after noon, from KS to MN. 

I just ordered the BBY DotD camo xbox360 controller and it does seem the shippping from UPS is longer than i was expecting. 3 days now and no show :(

Did you buy in-store or on-line originally?
This was an online order :/ but it was part of the 100+ and they did it. Tried matching deals I store for in store purchases that were also part of $100+ for $15 GC and was denied since the GC made value of games lower than the price I wanted to match :/

Just finished Ryse. Gotta say that maybe it was because I went in knowing the scores so I didn't have expectations. BUT I really enjoyed myself. Don't regret paying $40 at all. Will I ever play it again? Maybe but probably when its bargain bin anyways.

Can you confirm what is the status of your delivery? Mine says already delivered on 30th, but I never received the GCs!

I hope it is incorrect status update, and the GCs are still on route.
I would contact someone at Best Buy about that. I got mine some time on the 30th. Surprisingly, it arrived before the games did.

Just finished Ryse. Gotta say that maybe it was because I went in knowing the scores so I didn't have expectations. BUT I really enjoyed myself. Don't regret paying $40 at all. Will I ever play it again? Maybe but probably when its bargain bin anyways.
Seems like the norm with most people. I really enjoyed the game. It looks absolutely amazing and has a solid story line. The replay value seems to be slim and the multiplayer is meh after a few rounds. But at this price point, pick it up and trade it back in after you beat it in a week.

Best Buy is annoying me lately, shipping multiple games that are ordered at the same time in separate bubble envelopes even though they also ship them all at the same time.   Why cant they put the games in a single box and ship them that way?  Two games arrived with loose discs that are rattling around in the case and I do not even want to open them up.  Anyone else have games arrive loose?  Are the discs covered in scratches or are they usually fine?

I already made two exchanges at Best Buy last week because of games that arrived with cracked cases and would rather not have to bother again since they do not even have the game in store locally, plus I cannot return the games since they were part of the $25 gift card deal.

On chapter 3, and gotta say I'm somewhat impressed so far. Hopefully I can beat it fast enough to get the $30 trade-in at Best Buy, seems like it will be fairly short.

bread's done
Back