Dead Space Ignition - Free w/ Pre-order of Dead Space 2

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
Dead Space - Ignition hits PSN Oct. 12th and XBL Oct. 13th, it's basically a motion comic with three mini games in it, but it's a prequel to Dead Space 2 (with four unique endings!), and if you complete it you unlock a new outfit for Dead Space 2, the 'Hacker Suit.'

Now Ignition is set to be $4.99 or 400 MS Points, but as the Playstation blog just announced, it's going to be free for anyone who pre-orders Dead Space 2. Amazon, the EA store, and Gamestop will email / print out on the receipt a unique code for you to redeem at http://www.dsignition.com/ which then will give you a unique download code for Dead Space Ignition on your platform of choice.

Dead Space's Facebook page confirmed this deal is applicable to both platforms, sorry for the confusion. - Thanks Crimzun Wolf

As
kidrocklive points out, Dead Space's website lists Amazon and GameStop as their retail partners, so expect at least those two, and EA's store is also a likely candidate.

Producer of Dead Space 2, Rich Briggs, has also responded to a few posts on the PSblog, giving details of "but if you already pre-ordered there will be a rave card with a code on it waiting for you, provided that the retailer is participating in the program." I'm not sure what to think about this, this isn't even applicable to Amazon first off, and GameStop seems to have done away with the voucher cards, and uses codes printed out on receipts of games lately.

This promotion is also bound to the UK. An EA-UK press release just said that GAME and Gamestation will be the participating retailers there.

Will update when more info is available.

Here's a picture of the Hacker Suit unlock.

5070971704_9c38496978_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kidrocklive']This is an awfully large game for what the content seems to be. 1.6gb good god.[/QUOTE]

I thought the same damn thing... apparently EA doesn't know how to compress wav files or something.

It's starting to become more and more obvious whey they are giving this game away for free.

According to reports at 360achievements.org, the achievements on this are glitched. If you unlock anything, it isn't registering on Xbox.com. So, next time you turn your machine on, the achievements will be gone, though your GS will supposedly reflect you having unlocked them.

If I order Dead Space 2 on Amazon for PS3- I'll get a code? (I can then cancel)?

I just want the preorder bonus for now. I will get this game a few months down the road...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']According to reports at 360achievements.org, the achievements on this are glitched. If you unlock anything, it isn't registering on Xbox.com. So, next time you turn your machine on, the achievements will be gone, though your GS will supposedly reflect you having unlocked them.[/QUOTE]

Good looking out. I'll be waiting a day or two on this one...

I already have the game pre-ordered at Amazon months ago.

I just placed a brand new order for the game and received the code in an email. Then I canceled it. Keeping the original order since I used a promo on it.

Some may argue about the moral aspect of this order-n-cancel trick but I don't want to deal with customer service back and forth so that I can get a code for my existing preorder.

I just went to go pre-ordered it at my gamestop for the 360. And i got a ps3 code. I called back asking if they had 360 ones and the girl working there tried to get a 360 code but all she was getting was the ps3 one. Has anyone got a 360 code from gamestop?

[quote name='Insane dead']I just went to go pre-ordered it at my gamestop for the 360. And i got a ps3 code. I called back asking if they had 360 ones and the girl working there tried to get a 360 code but all she was getting was the ps3 one. Has anyone got a 360 code from gamestop?[/QUOTE]

if it is a 16 digit code you have to go to a website and enter it then you choose whether you want a 360 or a PS3 code to download it.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']if it is a 16 digit code you have to go to a website and enter it then you choose whether you want a 360 or a PS3 code to download it.[/QUOTE]
How to Use Your Code:
Step 1: Log on to the web browser of your choice and go to www.dsignition.com.
Step 2: Follow the on-screen instructions, and make sure you select your appropriate platform (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 system) when prompted.
Step 3: You will then be prompted to enter the unique redemption key found above.
Step 4: You will receive a new live code for your selected platform (Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3) to download "Dead Space Ignition."
Step 5: Download Dead Space Ignition to your gaming console using the live code you received in step 4.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Two questions:
1. Is Ignition worth it??
2. Will Amazon have a bonus $10 or $20 credit when pre-ordering the game??
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Two answers:
1. If it's free, why not? Unless you hate the idea of an interactive Dead Space comic.
2. Currently, no. Though, I believe it had $10 credit before, as someone mentioned? Doesn't mean they won't add it in the future.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Initial impressions say Ignition is garbage, but considering I was gonna pre-order anyway, not a big deal.[/QUOTE]
IGN rated the PS3 version 4.5/10. It may be garbage but it's free and at the end you get a special suit unlock, which can't be bad.

[quote name='I LIEK CHOCOLATEMILK']Are you charged right away when you pre-order this at Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Considering how everyone has said they were not charged, I think your question is already answered. :)

[quote name='eastx']Considering how everyone has said they were not charged, I think your question is already answered. :)[/QUOTE]

Ah thank you. Are you still able to cancel your pre-order with this even though you get the code? Not that I'm going to do that, I just might want the Collector's Edition instead when it's released.

Yes, you can cancel immediately after receiving your preorder code via email (which typically comes instantly). But that would be wrong! ;)

http://www.ea.com/uk/news/dead-space-2-collectors-edition

Celebrate the release of Dead Space 2 on January 28th, 2011, with a highly prized collection of exclusive Dead Space content.
Included in all versions of the Collector’s Edition:
• Dead Space 2 game
• Downloadable Unitology Suit and Force Gun, providing Isaac with unique benefits when used in Dead Space 2.
• Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack on CD; features an hour of music compiled from the game's score.
• Concept art lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
*Exclusive bonus content on Xbox 360 and PC only:
• Replica of Isaac’s trusty Plasma Cutter, modeled from the new design from Dead Space 2.
*Exclusive to the PlayStation 3 pack only:
• The critically acclaimed Dead Space Extraction. See how it all began in the PlayStation® Move supported prequel to Dead Space, available for the first time in HD.
• Downloadable Rivet Gun for use in-game.

Only available in UK so far.. how did I see this coming. -_-

^^^

These downloadable contents would be keyed to the UK region, wouldn't they? If so, you can't use the CE contents here except the OST CD, lithograph and the replica.

I sent a brief e-mail to Amazon regarding the Ignition code. I'd preordered at the tail end of last year when the price was -- briefly -- $49.99, and I'd since applied a credit to the order. I respectfully explained that cancelling the order and reordering wasn't a viable option. Right around 45 minutes later I received an e-mail from Amazon with my redemption code.

My point: anyone who hasn't received a code for a preexisting preorder of DS2 might meet similar results with a brief e-mail to Amazon's customer service.

KB

Sounds like they're finally rolling out codes to existing orders then. Honestly, they should have this shit ready to go when they announce promotions because the consistent delays just cause confusion and frustration.

I have an extra code because I pre-ordered both the PS3 and X360 version. Anyone interested? First one to re-ply with E-mail address will get it.

Note: Already taken:bouncy:..

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tgebbs']http://www.ea.com/uk/news/dead-space-2-collectors-edition

Celebrate the release of Dead Space 2 on January 28th, 2011, with a highly prized collection of exclusive Dead Space content.
Included in all versions of the Collector’s Edition:
• Dead Space 2 game
• Downloadable Unitology Suit and Force Gun, providing Isaac with unique benefits when used in Dead Space 2.
• Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack on CD; features an hour of music compiled from the game's score.
• Concept art lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
*Exclusive bonus content on Xbox 360 and PC only:
• Replica of Isaac’s trusty Plasma Cutter, modeled from the new design from Dead Space 2.
*Exclusive to the PlayStation 3 pack only:
• The critically acclaimed Dead Space Extraction. See how it all began in the PlayStation® Move supported prequel to Dead Space, available for the first time in HD.
• Downloadable Rivet Gun for use in-game.

Only available in UK so far.. how did I see this coming. -_-[/QUOTE]

http://kotaku.com/5662942/amazon-lets-slip-the-dead-space-2-collectors-edition

What happens if I pre-order and the $10 credit is later reinstated? Will Amazon give it to me or do I just get their low price guarantee? Getting Ignition now is nice, but I'd rather have a credit.

Amazon just sent me a code, I actually forgot I preordered it. I preordered it a long time ago when it was $49.99 back in 2009.

[quote name='PublikDefender']NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:hot:
no plasma cutter is a deal breaker for me. how dare they screw over ps3 players!:bomb:[/QUOTE]
Doesn't the ps3 get free dead space extraction?

You gotta be kidding me with the plasma cutter. I'm gonna end up breaking down and buying that damn thing. Screw you, EA, and finding ways to make me waste my money.

I felt bad about not getting Extraction, but since it's a short game and the Plasma Cutter I can have forever (a great addition to my Isaac Clarke Halloween costume one year), I feel better.

Or I could always sell it on Ebay for more than Extraction is worth.

[quote name='PublikDefender']NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:hot:
no plasma cutter is a deal breaker for me. how dare they screw over ps3 players!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's sucktacular. I mean, I know that multiplatform games will usually get different Bonus DLC depending on the platform, but to actually make the physical item platform dependent? That's just bulls**t.

I already have Extraction for the Wii. This was one of the few games I was really looking forward to on the PS3, as I have a better sound system hookup for that system. I don't really want to get it on the 360 or the PC, but if my options are Extraction (again), or a plasma cutter? There's not much of a choice there.

This sucks.

pre-ordered awhile back, still no game code yet for me. states it might take up to 2 days to receive it while others are stating on here that they got it right away, hmm..

[quote name='INCyr']Wow, that's sucktacular. I mean, I know that multiplatform games will usually get different Bonus DLC depending on the platform, but to actually make the physical item platform dependent? That's just bulls**t.

I already have Extraction for the Wii. This was one of the few games I was really looking forward to on the PS3, as I have a better sound system hookup for that system. I don't really want to get it on the 360 or the PC, but if my options are Extraction (again), or a plasma cutter? There's not much of a choice there.

This sucks.[/QUOTE]

It's most likely due to the fact the 360 doesn't get Extraction. Might not be an even trade off depending how you look at it, but my guess is that is the reasoning.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']It's most likely due to the fact the 360 doesn't get Extraction. Might not be an even trade off depending how you look at it, but my guess is that is the reasoning.[/QUOTE]

Sure, the 360 version of DS2 doesn't get extraction, but according to Gamespot.com, the normal $60 PS3 version of DS2 IS getting extraction - so there's really not much of an incentive to buy the limited edition if you're on the PS3. Unless, of course, they include the extra stuff at a much lower price than the 360/PC versions.

[quote name='batangnoypi']Sorry, already taken... someone sent a private E-Mail before you posted.[/QUOTE]

Its cool dude, thank you though!

Kind of sucks the PS3 version doesn't get the CE as well, but considering how lackluster the past couple of replica pieces were in some CEs such as the Batarang from Batman: Arkham Asylum and the battery eating Pip-Boy from Fallout 3, I am not expecting much with the plasma cutter replica. I would love to be wrong however.

just ordered from amazon and they sent me 2 emails. One with the code for ignition and one to confirm my order. Downloading ignition now.

[quote name='Wompdevil']Kind of sucks the PS3 version doesn't get the CE as well, but considering how lackluster the past couple of replica pieces were in some CEs such as the Batarang from Batman: Arkham Asylum and the battery eating Pip-Boy from Fallout 3, I am not expecting much with the plasma cutter replica. I would love to be wrong however.[/QUOTE]

ps3 does get the CE...

[quote name='Darknuke']ps3 does get the CE...[/QUOTE]

But we don't get the plasma cutter "since Extraction is already included". That was just supposed to be a bonus from day 1 as part of the supposed great relationship between Sony and EA. But now they're keeping something away from us because we get a port of a shitty game already and that should be enough? fucking ridiculous. Dick move, EA, dick move.

[quote name='Mixer236']But we don't get the plasma cutter "since Extraction is already included". That was just supposed to be a bonus from day 1 as part of the supposed great relationship between Sony and EA. But now they're keeping something away from us because we get a port of a shitty game already and that should be enough? fucking ridiculous. Dick move, EA, dick move.[/QUOTE]
I'm not so sure about that. They announced the CE on their facebook page a little while ago and the only thing it mentions being an exclusive is Extraction for PS3. Doesn't say that the plasma cutter is exclusive to the 360 edition, just says that it's included in the CE.

[quote name='Mixer236']But we don't get the plasma cutter "since Extraction is already included". That was just supposed to be a bonus from day 1 as part of the supposed great relationship between Sony and EA. But now they're keeping something away from us because we get a port of a shitty game already and that should be enough? fucking ridiculous. Dick move, EA, dick move.[/QUOTE]

1) Not sure where you are getting your information, but Extraction is not a shitty game, unless they mess up porting it from the Wii. I was going to go with the PS3 version, even though I usually buy all of my multi-platform games on the 360, simply for Extraction.

2) You're really getting bent out of shape over a plastic toy that we will likely be vastly disappointed in?

bread's done
Back