Dead Space Ignition - Free w/ Pre-order of Dead Space 2

Tgebbs

CAGiversary!
Dead Space - Ignition hits PSN Oct. 12th and XBL Oct. 13th, it's basically a motion comic with three mini games in it, but it's a prequel to Dead Space 2 (with four unique endings!), and if you complete it you unlock a new outfit for Dead Space 2, the 'Hacker Suit.'

Now Ignition is set to be $4.99 or 400 MS Points, but as the Playstation blog just announced, it's going to be free for anyone who pre-orders Dead Space 2. Amazon, the EA store, and Gamestop will email / print out on the receipt a unique code for you to redeem at http://www.dsignition.com/ which then will give you a unique download code for Dead Space Ignition on your platform of choice.

Dead Space's Facebook page confirmed this deal is applicable to both platforms, sorry for the confusion. - Thanks Crimzun Wolf

As
kidrocklive points out, Dead Space's website lists Amazon and GameStop as their retail partners, so expect at least those two, and EA's store is also a likely candidate.

Producer of Dead Space 2, Rich Briggs, has also responded to a few posts on the PSblog, giving details of "but if you already pre-ordered there will be a rave card with a code on it waiting for you, provided that the retailer is participating in the program." I'm not sure what to think about this, this isn't even applicable to Amazon first off, and GameStop seems to have done away with the voucher cards, and uses codes printed out on receipts of games lately.

This promotion is also bound to the UK. An EA-UK press release just said that GAME and Gamestation will be the participating retailers there.

Will update when more info is available.

Here's a picture of the Hacker Suit unlock.

5070971704_9c38496978_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone has an extra code on either system (I plan on getting Dead Space for PS3), I would love to take it off of your hands!

EAstore is mailing codes. They just sent me an email and a 16 digit code, and i was like, doh i don't have an xbox, but you just go to another site and then enter that code and choose your system/region and i just downloaded it, woot! I love freebies

[quote name='Zerok']I'm not so sure about that. They announced the CE on their facebook page a little while ago and the only thing it mentions being an exclusive is Extraction for PS3. Doesn't say that the plasma cutter is exclusive to the 360 edition, just says that it's included in the CE.[/QUOTE]

Okay, it was confirmed that the UK CE would not have the plasma cutter in the ps3 copies for the reason I stated. You're right that they have neither confirmed or denied it for North America, but my hopes are slim. You guys can read the story on joystiq, if you want.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']1) Not sure where you are getting your information, but Extraction is not a shitty game, unless they mess up porting it from the Wii. I was going to go with the PS3 version, even though I usually buy all of my multi-platform games on the 360, simply for Extraction.

2) You're really getting bent out of shape over a plastic toy that we will likely be vastly disappointed in?[/QUOTE]

1. I shouldn't have generalized, but I hate on-rails shooters and I've heard that the (Move)button layouts for Extraction were terrible from multiple sources. So, to me, shitty game.

2. Yes, most CE bonus items are crap, but shouldn't I at least have the chance to own one and decide for myself? Besides, you never know, this could be one of those times that it's worth it... And it's less about the plasma cutter itself, and more about how they may have forgotten "their great relationship" with Sony and pushed us to the wayside. Some of us couldn't care less about extraction. It's also not fair to exclude something from our console's version simply because we already have a bonus that was supposed to be a free bonus to begin with.

Personally I wish both versions came with the plasma cutter and the bonus copy of extraction. Console exclusives on non console exclusive games is getting really old. I'm not going to buy the sony version regardless of what they put in it, because I have an x-box, but now I feel slightly ripped off, one system getting a bonus makes the other system's version feel like it therefore has "less value" and anytime you make your product appear to have less value it hurts sales and irks consumers... I just don't think it's good for the industry in general. Much like store specific "exclusives" for games. Makes the stores not have to compete as much when it comes to the deal they offer, hoping you want their piece of dlc more than the other guys, but in the end no one gets the "complete" package and everyone loses.

The funny thing is that it only marginally benefits the system when they have some sort of bonus with their version of the game. I say marginally because it makes the other system seek out their own exclusives and they just keep going back and forth. Most people don't own a PS3 and a 360, so all most of these versions do, like I said before, is create a sense that one version lacks in value over another and makes the consumer feel slighted.

For the record I'm ok with console exclusive games, I understand it in principle. I knew when I bought my 360 that certain games, mostly ones developed by Nintendo and Sony, wouldn't be available. That isn't my complaint. It's when games that are available on both systems do this that it irks me.

[quote name='Mixer236']But we don't get the plasma cutter "since Extraction is already included". That was just supposed to be a bonus from day 1 as part of the supposed great relationship between Sony and EA. But now they're keeping something away from us because we get a port of a shitty game already and that should be enough? fucking ridiculous. Dick move, EA, dick move.[/QUOTE]
You just called Dead Space Extraction a "shitty game."

Them's fighting words. Let's take this outside.

[quote name='RollingSkull']You just called Dead Space Extraction a "shitty game."

Them's fighting words. Let's take this outside.[/QUOTE]

Haha, I said in my previous post that I shouldn't have generalized... It just wouldn't be a game that I'd like.

[quote name='trunks982']im still waiting for the code. its been 30mins.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the confirmation email from amazon saying your order is placed?

Either way, check your spam. If you got the confirmation email though, and the code email is not in your spam folder call customer service.

[quote name='prayformojo']EA dropped the ball here, why not make it free, a pre-order does not equal a sale once the game comes out, people cancel pre-orders all the time. Make it free for everyone and increase the base of users interested in your game exponentially. Of course if it sucks that might be a bad thing.[/QUOTE]

Dropped the ball? Really? The reason why people like gamespot, best buy, amazon push for preorders is that most people, once they have a preorder in, don't bother or don't remember to cancel.

Dead Space 2 is pretty highly anticipated. No need to give it (ignition) away.

I have my dead space 2 preorder in already (from like a year ago when AMazon had it for $49.25) and got the email today.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Did you get the confirmation email from amazon saying your order is placed?

Either way, check your spam. If you got the confirmation email though, and the code email is not in your spam folder call customer service.[/QUOTE]

i did. its not even in there. i rarely receive spam.

[quote name='demented1']I preordered mine from Amazon about 5 hours ago and still have yet to recieve a code.[/QUOTE]

did u order the ps3 version or the 360. cause i ordered the ps3 and i still havent gotten it yet.

Actually the reason companies push for preorders so heavily is more due to the allocation of product by vendors than hoping you forget, although that's a nice bonus.

Dick move question:

So if I pre-order the game on Amazon, wait for the code to arrive via email, use it on PSN, and cancel the pre-order, what's the worst that can happen?

And yes I know it's only saving $5. And yes that's being a true cheap-ass. And yes they might pull the promotion early because of said behavior. And yes it might lead to companies not doing this in the future. Did I forget anything?

[quote name='PublikDefender']NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:hot:
no plasma cutter is a deal breaker for me. how dare they screw over ps3 players!:bomb:[/QUOTE]
only on the UK import a US version?

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']I have looked everywhere to see which retailers, no luck yet. Called amazon, and they said they would get back to me... So ?? anyone know which retailers?[/QUOTE]

Just my two cents, but Amazon is generally good about following through with things like this. I pre-ordered StarCraft II CE the first day it was available (early April), and the day after the Gamestop beta pre-order code was live, I received an e-mail from Amazon with a beta key.

I'm going to preorder after they announce the Collector's Edition and I receive my $20 credit on NFS Hot Pursuit.

So, I did one playthrough last night. All I can say...meh...and this is coming from a big Dead Space fan. I watched the motion comics, went out to buy the game, beat it multiple times, and even bought the animated movie. After "playing" this, though, you can easily see why EA is giving it out as a freebie. But hey, free is free. If you want all the achievements, though, you have to play through it 4 times to get all of the paths. That's gonna be boring.

[quote name='tyrok3k']I'm going to preorder after they announce the Collector's Edition and I receive my $20 credit on NFS Hot Pursuit.[/QUOTE]

Don't see a listing for it on Amazon yet but there already is a listing for Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition on Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=84606

The Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition comes with:

* Dead Space 2 game.
* Isaac Clark’s collectible replica Plasma Cutter. Plasma Cutter is modeled from the new design in Dead Space 2 and features trigger activated LED lights.
* The Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack. Soundtrack features an hour of music compiled from the score of Dead Space 2. Also included is a Scoring of Dead Space 2 featurette.
* Rare lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation concept art by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
* Isaac Unitology Suit and accompanying Force Gun in-game items. Each offer unique advantages to the player when used in Dead Space 2.

[quote name='Lexicon']Don't see a listing for it on Amazon yet but there already is a listing for Dead Space 2 Collectors Edition on Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=84606

The Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition comes with:

* Dead Space 2 game.
* Isaac Clark’s collectible replica Plasma Cutter. Plasma Cutter is modeled from the new design in Dead Space 2 and features trigger activated LED lights.
* The Dead Space 2 Original Soundtrack. Soundtrack features an hour of music compiled from the score of Dead Space 2. Also included is a Scoring of Dead Space 2 featurette.
* Rare lithograph depicting Necromorph transformation concept art by Visceral Games artist Brett Marting.
* Isaac Unitology Suit and accompanying Force Gun in-game items. Each offer unique advantages to the player when used in Dead Space 2.[/QUOTE]

Wow if the plasma cutter is actually the size they show in that picture I'm totally grabbing the collector's edition (I would hope it is based on the fact that the lights are "trigger activated"). Thanks for posting this I just looked the other day and this info wasn't up yet. :applause:

Just ordered the 360 version from amazon, got the order confirmation email and promotional code email at the same time, about 15 minutes after placing the order.

Looks like I'll be upgrading to the PS3 collector's edition...seems like a decent value for an extra 20. They seem to be pulling out all the stops to get sales up for this one between free Ignition, free Extraction, and a relatively cheap collector's edition.

Man with the PS3 one getting the extra games/content as well as the Plasma cutter I will totally be buying this day one...that is something I almost NEVER do.

[quote name='Wooten']Wow if the plasma cutter is actually the size they show in that picture I'm totally grabbing the collector's edition (I would hope it is based on the fact that the lights are "trigger activated"). Thanks for posting this I just looked the other day and this info wasn't up yet. :applause:[/QUOTE]

oh... wow.. .i want this. unless it's cheap plastic and stupid looking (batman aa ce), i'm all over this. Hope it's not GS only.

Wow, so EA is basically giving the game away. I can see a lot of people pre-ordering, grabbing the code for Ignition, then canceling.

I played this for 20 minutes and don't see how anybody can pay more than $1 for this. Three lame minigames and cutscenes with art bordering on atrocious. This can't be considered any more than an extra to the main game, and EA probably realizes this, giving it away for "free" because there is no way you can charge for something like this. There are plenty of free games that are way better. Surprisingly 200 achievements points can be had in this 1.6 GB (gasp!) download.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Despite pre-ordering the 360 version, Amazon sent me a PS3 code... any kind soul willing to trade? Please?[/QUOTE]

amazon sending you a code to input it in the DSIngition site and choose which platform you want. Read the email.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Despite pre-ordering the 360 version, Amazon sent me a PS3 code... any kind soul willing to trade? Please?[/QUOTE]

amazon sends you a code you put into another website which you then tell which system you have. Amazon, gamestop or EA doesn't directly send you the actual system code.

www.dsignition.com

Well that was an easy 100% after two hours. Don't even bother watching the cut-scenes, since they're as forgettable as Dead Space's story is. The mini-games are a joke outside of the laser hack that actually makes you think, but even that becomes too easy after you level to rig 4. Glad this was free because you can finish it in a couple hours and you'll never want to play it again.

[quote name='Jodou']Well that was an easy 100% after two hours. Don't even bother watching the cut-scenes, since they're as forgettable as Dead Space's story is. The mini-games are a joke outside of the laser hack that actually makes you think, but even that becomes too easy after you level to rig 4. Glad this was free because you can finish it in a couple hours and you'll never want to play it again.[/QUOTE]

I like the dead space story. Though, I can't speak to the quality of Ignition.. I don't expect much. It's better than nothing though. At least some free trophs / cheevos.

I like these prequel style demo / story supplements. Like DR2's case zero or whatever it was called, and Ignition is great, considering it's available for free.

I enjoy the Dead Space universe's story, as well. At first, I wasn't even interested in the original game, but after watching the motion comics, I had my interest sparked. I even have Dead Space: Downfall on DVD. But believe me, the story here is pretty bland. They would have been better off investing a few more dollars in the story and drawings and not worrying about adding lame puzzle minigames.

I claimed this "game" on a separate PS3 account so if anyone wants a free share of it, send me a PM and I'll hook you up with the login info.

EDIT: All gone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck on a puzzle in the game and too lazy to look at a walk-through right now, but so far I really wish they would of just made it into a better comic and didn't have the puzzle stuff.

I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the original Dead Space. The story, the characters, the game play. I found the comics and the movie to be excellent as well. But this... I don't know about it. It might tie me over until Dead Space 2 drops a little, but so far it hasn't made me more excited. I would much rather of had a Xbox 360 MP Beta.

Hopefully the actual game of Dead Space 2 will be much better than Ignition.

I don't see the collectors edition for ps3 on amazon, I go on ea dead space site choose dead space collectors edition and choose amazon but it shows me the standard edition or is it not up yet?

bread's done
Back