Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrCuzzx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I was doing some trade-ins today and was informed that I should hold on in regards to purchasing any pre-owned games because the buy 2 get 1 free starts this Wednesday. Just a heads up for you guys and hope for more confirmation from more CAGs in the coming days.

EDIT: It is now up on the web site...so safe to say...CONFIRMED!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='esalw822']Or you could have gotten UMVC3; Batman PS3; Batman Xbox. Then flipped both Batman's back to GS with a Prototype 2 pre-order and ended up with a free pre-order and UMVC3 for $10... :whistle2:#

That's what I did for MK Komplete... ;)[/QUOTE]

I acually was going to do that but I really wanted to get my father ass creed brotherhood. He was really happy when he saw it. Now we have all 4 games in the main series on the Ps3. I still have plenty of credit to spare but ill save that for another sale

[quote name='bilbobagins3']As a business Gamestop might suck at times, but their computers are quite solid. You could buy 12 games and their system will give you the 3rd most expensive game free, then the 6th, then the 9th, and finally the cheapest. The only time you need to ever do multiple transactions is when combining multiple promos as those do not stack and the computer will choose the best of the set.[/QUOTE]

This is correct, that's how the GS register works.

[quote name='esalw822']Or you could have gotten UMVC3; Batman PS3; Batman Xbox. Then flipped both Batman's back to GS with a Prototype 2 pre-order and ended up with a free pre-order and UMVC3 for $10... :whistle2:#

Brilliant! 34.99 used games for about $10.

[quote name='chadthechosen']If I can only find 2 used games at one store I'm buying my games from. Can I just grab another one that is free that I don't really want at that store and return it to a different store for the 3rd game I'm looking for?[/QUOTE]
You don't need a "place holder" game. Just buy the two you want, then go to the other store, grab the third game and return/rebuy the first two with your third game.

I've been to all three local gamestops and they've all sucked somehow. Either by not honoring prices or just shit selection.

You guys must have lazy GS employees because whenever they scan your PUR, you do know that they see your most recent purchases right? Back flipping is a quick way for JR detective to show up

[quote name='jbz']They had both, but the Red Cover was only for PS3 and I read the 360 one wasn't as buggy. Should I go back and switch them out?

RE: Prototype, thanks for the heads up. But I figure with the second coming out soon, the price might get a slight bump and I've always wanted to try it.[/QUOTE]

nah, only if you want, it doesn't really matter, chances are the dlc would be used anyway, other than that it was just the 'limited' edition, but I believe the whole first run were like that

[quote name='Donut2922']You guys must have lazy GS employees because whenever they scan your PUR, you do know that they see your most recent purchases right? Back flipping is a quick way for JR detective to show up[/QUOTE]

I might be a flipper but I'm not a reckless one. I just went to a different gs to flip the batman. There are so many gamestops around me that it makes things like this a breeze

[quote name='Donut2922']You guys must have lazy GS employees because whenever they scan your PUR, you do know that they see your most recent purchases right? Back flipping is a quick way for JR detective to show up[/QUOTE]

I didn't realize this until yesterday. Buying College Hoops 2k8, the guy mentioned that I had just bought 2k7.

I would go flip some batmans for MW3s but there isnt any one single game I have seen instore that I would want for the free one.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I might be a flipper but I'm not a reckless one. I just went to a different gs to flip the batman. There are so many gamestops around me that it makes things like this a breeze[/QUOTE]

I figure you do but i'm saying when you trade it in at least when it comes to purchases the 2nd store should see what you bought at the 1st store.

Soooo...what if I got B:AC for both consoles and traded it in with the bonus trade-in for pre-ordering Prototype 2 and then canceled it about a week later because I prefer to pre-order from Best buy due to the Steel Case/Poster bonus (as well as the price match guarantee). Would I still get the trade-in bonus or would they adjust the credit I got through promotion?

>_>

^ you would still keep the credit. They can't take it away. I usually do this, but wait some time before cancelling it or rolling it over to a different pre-order.

Edit: rolling over $5 to a different pre-order in a couple of months will keep red flags from popping up instead of cancelling after a week.

[quote name='Donut2922']I figure you do but i'm saying when you trade it in at least when it comes to purchases the 2nd store should see what you bought at the 1st store.[/QUOTE]

They can, well if you used your PUR card they can.

[quote name='Brother Daz']They can, well if you used your PUR card they can.[/QUOTE]

Say I have one PUR Pro card and one free PUR card.

I buy 3 games during B2G1.
I scan my PUR Pro card for 10% off.
I pay using credit on my free PUR card.

I then trade 1 of the 3 games I just bought back to GS.
I scan my PUR Pro card for 10% extra trade credit.
Will the GS employee see that I just bought the game, since I used a different card to pay?

[quote name='chuckywang']Say I have one PUR Pro card and one free PUR card.

I buy 3 games during B2G1.
I scan my PUR Pro card for 10% off.
I pay using credit on my free PUR card.

I then trade 1 of the 3 games I just bought back to GS.
I scan my PUR Pro card for 10% extra trade credit.
Will the GS employee see that I just bought the game, since I used a different card to pay?[/QUOTE]
Since you used your PUR pro both times, yes they can see your purchases.

So, this came at an inconvenient time for me. Oh well. If I can get enough credit before Saturday I'm picking up Borderlands GOTY, Prototype, and something else (is Singularity any good?).

[quote name='Obiwan456']So, this came at an inconvenient time for me. Oh well. If I can get enough credit before Saturday I'm picking up Borderlands GOTY, Prototype, and something else (is Singularity any good?).[/QUOTE]
I like it, had a slight Bioshock feel to me.

I bought 3 games around the $40 mark and another 3 around the $17 mark and was surprised to see the computer automatically make the cheapest game of each group free, which is awesome. I ended up getting Darksiders, Dead Island, and an apparently new Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition(mint condition and the code wasn't even used). I then got Skyrim, MW3, and BF3, all 6 totaled around $110. I'm pretty pleased about it.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I bought 3 games around the $40 mark and another 3 around the $17 mark and was surprised to see the computer automatically make the cheapest game of each group free, which is awesome. I ended up getting Darksiders, Dead Island, and an apparently new Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition(mint condition and the code wasn't even used). I then got Skyrim, MW3, and BF3, all 6 totaled around $110. I'm pretty pleased about it.[/QUOTE]
Nice haul!:applause:

what do you guys think of cross edge? found a used copy at my GS and might pair it with darksiders and borderlands goty.

[quote name='Brother Daz']I like it, had a slight Bioshock feel to me.[/QUOTE]

i agree, a mix of Bioshock and Call of Duty (or any generic FPS). it was really fun and worth the 5 bucks i picked it up for from Best Buy.

Battled the torrential down pour of rain when I got off work and stopped by Gamestop.
I picked up:
:360:Lord of the Rings: War in the North
:360:Cursed Crusade
:360:Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

I'm not expecting a lot from Cursed Crusade but the demo was mildly entertaining and it fell in the price range I had set. Pinball HoF was higher then the 17.99 price for the other two games but I had regretted selling my copy and this one was in perfect condition.

My store has a Tales of Graces F in mint condition for $54.99, so ~$50 after PuR.

I could spend 10K points on the Steal of the Week and get a $15/off coupon, making my total $35 + tax. Still a bit too high for my tastes; but I'm afraid this is one of those rare games that actually won't drop in price.

Thoughts?

[quote name='mattcube64']My store has a Tales of Graces F in mint condition for $54.99, so ~$50 after PuR.

I could spend 10K points on the Steal of the Week and get a $15/off coupon, making my total $35 + tax. Still a bit too high for my tastes; but I'm afraid this is one of those rare games that actually won't drop in price.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

$60 used on amazon, i'd say go for it

[quote name='Brother Daz']They can, well if you used your PUR card they can.[/QUOTE]

Yup. What i don't know but was always curious about - does the computer automatically bring up your most recent trade history when you're trying to do a trade in? My guess is it doesn't for recent trade ins even though it does for recent purchases. Maybe sasukekun can explain?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mattcube64']My store has a Tales of Graces F in mint condition for $54.99, so ~$50 after PuR.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I saw a GameStop with about 15 sealed in the case behind the counter. not sure how rare it actually is.

Left 4 Dead 2
Batman: Arkham City for both Ps3 and Xbox

Dead Island 2x (for me and a friend)
Star Wars Unleashed 2 for PS3 (I heard that it was really short and a lot of people complained about it but I'll be honest I only bought it cause it had a steel-case..I'm pretty sure I pissed off some dude cause he wanted it too.)

I traded in both Batman: AC (Still $18 for Xbox and $19 for PS3 TIV)
and pre-ordered Diablo 3.
Yeah, D3 isn't suppose to have the 30% trade-in bonus but my cashier was super cool about it.

He's also the one who rung up my B:AC purchases but he didn't say anything about it.

I also have Catwoman DLC code for both 360/Ps3 printed on receipts.

I don't suppose anyone needs them?

Force Unleashed 2 is rather short, but it is still a very fun game. It's got some great moments, and, yeah, it's worth a buy.

[quote name='akir']I saw a GameStop with about 15 sealed in the case behind the counter. not sure how rare it actually is.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I bought a copy last week and there were about 10 left new. There aren't any pre-owned ones within 40 miles from me though

i've been waiting for mgs hd and ico/sotc to go on sale, but maybe i'll bite right now and get them used plus 1 free.

This felt pretty epic:

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition :360:
Red Dead Redemption GOTY :360:
Catherine :ps3:
$50.38

Well, finally made my order, and ended up with

Kingdoms of Amalur
Lost Odyssey
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I am quite pleased.

[quote name='polly']This felt pretty epic:

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition :360:
Red Dead Redemption GOTY :360:
Catherine :ps3:
$50.38[/QUOTE]

about $16 a piece. well done. :applause:

[quote name='darrenaw9']Got MW3, Skyrim and Amalur for 81.XX. Flipped MW3 and Skyrim to BB for 75. Amalur for 6.XX and the online code is unused. I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

This logic has always struck me as odd. You didn't get it for $6 unless you got $75 cash. You still have the cash wrapped up in BB credit. You got it and whatever you spend that $75 credit at BB for $81.xx. Unless you are getting stuff at BB to flip for cash.

Still a good deal though.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]
I picked up a used copy yesterday along with two copies of MW3 as part of the b2g1 sale. I figured $93 for Tales and $75 in Best Buy credit is as good a deal as I'll ever see for the game.

Personally, I was thrilled when I saw a used copy on the shelf. There's only been the one in stock, and it was put out just that morning.

[quote name='schuerm26']This logic has always struck me as odd. You didn't get it for $6 unless you got $75 cash. You still have the cash wrapped up in BB credit. You got it and whatever you spend that $75 credit at BB for $81.xx. Unless you are getting stuff at BB to flip for cash.

Still a good deal though.[/QUOTE]

I paid full with GS credit. I always wanted to transfer my GS credit to BB credit. Your theory is accurate if i paid GS with cash which i didnt. So yea its all good.

Massive pick up this week! With all the credit I been racking up I was able to fill my backlog with some great games.

2x Dead Island (hooking a friend up with one)
BlazBlue: continuum Shift
Resistance
Resistance 2
PS2 Slim
2x PS2 memory cards
Hyperdimension Neptunia (couldn't find this one used so had to buy new)
Bayonetta
Deadly Premonition
Record of Agarest War Zero
3D Dot Game Heroes
DJ hero 2
Turntable for DJ Hero
Nier
Heavy Rain
Atelier Rorona
Atelier Totori
Disgaea 3

For a total of 270.76 in GS credit or 12.89 per item on average.

I really want MLB The Show 12 but can't seem to find a good combination to take advantage of the B2G1. I got $28 something credit from GS, anyone have some good options to where I can save as much money I can?

[quote name='adrian42677']Having a hard time finding a used copy of Just Cause 2. CSR said they got 2 in Monday and they were both gone by Wednesday morning.[/QUOTE]
That's exactly what the gaming rep at the one Best Buy here said too. I guess they're having a tough time getting hold of new copies even. Maybe Square-Enix stopped printing it?

All the more reason I'm glad I kept my copy from launch when doing some BB trades a month ago. Although I also kinda wish I kept my copy of Catherine, which I ended up re-buying from GS during the current sale they're having.:whistle2:#

Man, what is up with GS employees? One game they forgot to put the game in (just empty case), another they put in batman AC instead of batman AA, and finally they put Mk2 instead of the first hyperdimension. The kicker is that this happened at 3 different stores.

[quote name='schuerm26']This logic has always struck me as odd. You didn't get it for $6 unless you got $75 cash. You still have the cash wrapped up in BB credit. You got it and whatever you spend that $75 credit at BB for $81.xx. Unless you are getting stuff at BB to flip for cash.

Still a good deal though.[/QUOTE]
I don't have any issues with looking at it that way. The problem comes when those same people also buy something later on with that credit and say that it was free. Either the first item is discounted and you pay for the gift card/coupon, or the first item is full price and the gift card/coupon is free. It's not the best of both scenarios ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back