(Deal Dead, Discussion Dying) Free PSP Games @ EB (w/select PS2/XBX/GC Trade-ins)

AnthonyRoundtree

CAGiversary!
Update: 4/16/05

Ths deal is now dead.
Go home... the party is over.

What's that? You wanna be the weird guy that hangs out after the party to talk about how cool the party was even though you were also the guy everyone at the party was trying to get away from?

Fine.... We'll say open for ya... BUT NO STICKY FOR YOU!

Thanks to everyone.... and don't forget.... now that you've gotten an entire library of PSP games for damn near free... don't forget to at least say hi to your DS once in a while.....

Your DS misses you....

Toodles!

UPDATE 4/11/05: As some of you may know... this deal advertised as "3 Trades for 1 PSP Game" is over as of 4/10. However, EBGames.com indicates that the deal is still fresh until the 15th, but you must trade in 6 for 2 games in one transaction in order for it to work.

Under In-Store Promotions, EBGames.com reads:
"Free select PSP title with PS2/XB/GC game trade-in (pre-purchase) Active: Now - 4/15/2005
Trade-in 6 qualifying pre-played PS2/XB/GC games and receive $79.98 towards the pre-purchase of 2 of the following titles: GRETZKY NHL HOCKEY PSP or TWISTED METAL: HEAD ON PSP or WORLD TOUR SOCCER PSP or ATV OFFRD FURY BLAZIN TRLS PSP or APE ESCAPE PSP or NBA PSP or WIPEOUT PURE PSP or MLB PSP. Game boxes and instructions are required. Some titles are excluded from trade. May be combined with other EB Promotions. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Not valid on hardware. See sales associate for complete details. Customer may be responsible for sales tax."

Some stores may or may not honor this promo, and some stores may still let you only trade in 3 for 1. Regardless, we'll keep this thread stickied until the 16th, then officially kill it 14 days after the 15th, for all you guys trying to exchange your items obtained on the 15th. In any case, the trade-in deal is YMMV, and exchanging the PSP games is even more YMMV.

Good luck to all of you on the final days of what is sure to be the most memorable, and profitable, trade-in deal of 2005!

[quote name='joystickz']

Here's the scoop.

EBGames In Store is having an in-store promotion on the preorder/purchase of PSP games that could potentially make your initial launch library damn near free.

Here's the deal......

ebpspfree6ss.jpg

With this deal, gamers need only trade in THREE games not on THIS LIST to receive one of the EIGHT games shown above.

gretzkyfree3al.jpg

For those of you who can put two and two together, understand that when you get the game from EB it bumps the value of each game that might be normally traded in for 50 cents, up to a third of the price of any of those 39.99 games.

Then, with your sealed game in hand, and receipt (or better, gift receipt) for said game, you are not prohibited from later exchanging it for store credit for the full $40 value of the game.

In essence, the deal isn't "just for those 8 PSP games" because you can still exchange any one of them within 14 days of purchase for full credit.

Better yet... get your credit back on a gift card (make sure it has scratch off pin numbers) and use it online.

Above deal ends April 10th.

Sound easy?
Good.

NOTE: Though this isnt a YMMV deal, the clerks all over don't seem to be too refreshed on it... so make sure you're cool with the employees enough to share some patience until they work it out in the computer.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ragingbull2380']YMMV, I haven't been able to trade in games without the original case, manual and the CD has to be in good condition.[/quote]

i traded in black and bruised without any of that, but maybe its because the cute asian girl at the register wasnt super familiar with it.

hmmm

[quote name='Zon27']End date for this...?[/quote]

April 10th

Anyone know if it's possible to change a preorder at a different EB location from the store you actually preorder at?

[quote name='Wario64'][quote name='Zon27']End date for this...?[/quote]

April 10th

Anyone know if it's possible to change a preorder at a different EB location from the store you actually preorder at?[/quote]

Thanks, just a note to the OP...you might want to add the end date to your original post....just a thought.

Has anyone tried the first Onimusha for PS2 .. it doesnt show on the exclusion list but I can't see Onimusha 2 being on the list but not Onimusha 1.

[quote name='Ragingbull2380']YMMV, I haven't been able to trade in games without the original case, manual and the CD has to be in good condition.[/quote]

I think we all agree this is massive YMMV. I traded in a few games that were complete and the guy behind the counter checked EVERYTHING. Fast forward to a few days later and I trade in a bunch of used Blockbuster games (only the cover and game were included) to the same guy behind the counter. He simply opens them long enough to see if the game is inside, without looking at the condition of the disc or asking about the lack of manual or original case. Go figure.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Has anyone tried the first Onimusha for PS2 .. it doesnt show on the exclusion list but I can't see Onimusha 2 being on the list but not Onimusha 1.[/quote]

check again.
its there.

220758 ONIMUSHA 2 PS2
182357 ONIMUSHA WARLORDS PS2
182039 ORPHEN PS2

The first Onimusha is on the exclusion list

182357 ONIMUSHA WARLORDS PS2

That is awesome about Reel Fishing 3, now i need to make my daily trip to EB and kmart.

Just got back from EB where I changed my 2 pre orders from ATV and MLB to Jade Empire and God Of War.

I got no problems from them in doing that. Just went to the register and told the guy i had two pre orders that I wanted to cancel. He asked what did I wanna do with the credit and that was it.

Also as I'm standing there who comes in but Fed Ex with 4 boxes of a product called PSP :) Guy cracked the box so I can see what the box is like. Can't wait til Thursday.

I was just at EB, and they told me they were told to end this promotion as of this morning. I didn't believe the guy, so he showed me the email. So, if you can still get away with it, hurry and do it.

[quote name='Zon27'][quote name='Wario64'][quote name='Zon27']End date for this...?[/quote]

April 10th

Anyone know if it's possible to change a preorder at a different EB location from the store you actually preorder at?[/quote]

Thanks, just a note to the OP...you might want to add the end date to your original post....just a thought.[/quote]

You can clearly see it on the flyer pic.

Hrm....EB just called me, and told me one of my 'trade in 3 get $30 towards a game' games came in today (Timesplitters: Future Perfect). As much as I want the game, he said he's holding it for 48 hours. Does that mean my credit will be put back in 48 hours? (If not, I'll get the game anyways, I was just looking for a simple loophole)

[quote name='twen']Hrm....EB just called me, and told me one of my 'trade in 3 get $30 towards a game' games came in today (Timesplitters: Future Perfect). As much as I want the game, he said he's holding it for 48 hours. Does that mean my credit will be put back in 48 hours? (If not, I'll get the game anyways, I was just looking for a simple loophole)[/quote]

I think it means they'll sell your copy if you don't pick it up within 48 hours, and your credit will be placed on a preorder for the next shipments... I think

And sucks that they ended the promotion, it was fun while it lasted

Does anyone know the promo number on the trade 3, get a psp game for free deal. My ebgames is denying this deal, and I am not sure that a printed miniature copy of a flyer will work.

[quote name='gregthomas77']I was just at EB, and they told me they were told to end this promotion as of this morning. I didn't believe the guy, so he showed me the email. So, if you can still get away with it, hurry and do it.[/quote]

can we get confirmation on this from any EM employees here perhaps?!?! I'm gonna be real disappointed if I'm stuck with three copies of 9 More Holes...

[quote name='gregthomas77']I was just at EB, and they told me they were told to end this promotion as of this morning. I didn't believe the guy, so he showed me the email. So, if you can still get away with it, hurry and do it.[/quote]

Which promotion are you talking about?

The $10 bonus credit towards PSP games was supposed to end today anyway, but the 3 for 1 deal is supposed to end April 10th.

It says in the subject line that I am talking about the 10 dollar bonus credit. However, they also deny to me that the 3 for 1 deal is going on at all. Does anyone have a promo code for the 3 for 1?

[quote name='gregthomas77']It says in the subject line that I am talking about the 10 dollar bonus credit. However, they also deny to me that the 3 for 1 deal is going on at all. Does anyone have a promo code for the 3 for 1?[/quote]

My receipt says promo #3486 and #3470...

I have no idea why there are two different promo numbers for the 3 for 1 deal. :?

Wow, I'm a big fan of this deal now. Usually the EB employees in my area are very difficult but I went to a fairly new EB over lunch and traded in 3 PS2 games that I paid $15 for for Wipeout Pure (their last copy). I'm getting me some more cheap PO games and heading back tomorrow. Great guy working there. We talked about how the PSP "hasn't arrived" yet and how "he and his manager didn't open one up and play it" the other night. I was jealous.

I am on the phone with EB right now and they are telling me that the promo (3 for 1) doesn't exust. Can someone help me out? They are telling me to bring in a copy of the flier and they will see if they can do something for me.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Can someone who has successfully done this give me the phone number for their EB store so I can call and get this straight.[/quote]

Here's my local EB Games #: (559) 228-3034

It's located in Fresno, California in the Fresno Fashion Fair mall. Just in case you needed to know that. :)

I just called the EB Games corporte headquarters, and they are telling me its up to individual stores, so I am just out of luck if my store doesn't want to honor it.

[quote name='gregthomas77']Can someone mail me a full size scan of the plier so I can go into my EB and argue/beg?[/quote]

I have the actual flier with me. This promotion doesn't expire till April 10, 2005. If you want, I can mail it out to you (which can take anywhere from 3-9 days).

Just found out that FYE's forcing me to buy my PSP with one of 5 pre-selected games (THPS,NFSU,Gretsky,MLB, or Twisted Metal) on Thurs. Since I've already purchased Twisted Metal with this EB promo, what's the likelihood I'll be able to exchange it for Lumines tomorrow?

If it's still shrinkwrapped, you can just walk in w/out the recipt and say you got it as a gift, and then you'll have to exchange it for something up-front.

Thanks! I still have the receipt, but I was afraid they'd give me crap about the return or would try to make me buy another game in the promotion.

My EB is still doing the 3 for 1 trade in - I just did it about an hour ago...... they also have it listed on thier web site, under the 50$ trade in offer for the nintendo DS

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/promos/50offds/?site=NLF0308

Quote:" Plus, trade in three PS2, Xbox or GameCube games and get any of these PSP titles free: MLB, World Tour Soccer, NBA, Gretzky NHL, ATV Off Road Fury: Blazin’ Trails, Ape Escape: On the Loose, Wipeout Pure and Twisted Metal: Head-On.**"

"**Offer cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. Not valid on previous purchase. While supplies last. Offer not valid at EBgames.com. Customer may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Offer expires April 10, 2005. Some titles excluded from trade for this promotion. See sales associate for further details. "

End Quote! :!:

Pulse Racer, Rabbit something is another one. Simply print out the POX list on the EBs website and go to gamestop and BB where b2g1 is going on and find what you can.

Hi, first time posting here, but I was wondering if you could help me out.

Today I double checked with EB about their exclusion policy (the aformentioned deal about trading certain games for $10 credit toward PSP games). The clerk assured me that the 2004 Jampacks were indeed elligable. So I went to Circuit City (conveniently a block away), and bought up 4 copies for 5 bucks. Actually, they rang up as 3.99, thus $18 total...for a $40 PSP game!

....Is what I want to say, but the clerk said the games wouldn't ring up as PO (indicating the elligibility). I told him I was assured before that the 2004 Jampacks would work, so they told me to come back tommorow to speak to the guy who can override the computer.

I really hope I don't get jerked around here. I may be cheating them, but it's an honest kind of cheating. They told me the Jampacks were elligible, and they confirmed it wasn't on their exclusion list. So I hope this manager guy doesn't try to screw me before I screw him.

Do you have any advice on what I can do to assure this? Should I be hard with the guy if he tries to cheat me, or reference something? Or just keep quiet and let him do his thing?

Heres some games that I have been able to trade in for the 3 for 1 deal.

Alias Xbox (3 Copies)
Black and Bruised PS2
Gladius PS2
Hitman PS2 (3 copies)
Spiderman PS2

Games I'm planning on trading in tommorrow.

Hitman PS2 (which i know will work, see above)
Jampack 11
Room Zoom Xbox

and as my backup I will use ATV OffRoad Fury 2 or THUG. Both of these I owned and were not bought just for the deal like the ones above.

[quote name='Ragingbull2380']How much and where did you get the games above?[/quote]

Well, I just gave EB the old in-out, in-out!! :cool:

I was able to score big with the Gamespot deal, and my trades (including three copies of 9 more holes) went smooth as silk! Sweetness!!

Word to the wise though: War Jetz for PS2 rings up as POX, but is not on the online exclusions list....so YMMV on that one - it cost me $4.99 at GS.

[quote name='3thirteen']Heres some games that I have been able to trade in for the 3 for 1 deal
Room Zoom Xbox

[/quote]

You do know that Room Zoom gets you $26 at FYE?

I just got back from trading in raw 2, the sims (ps2) and splinter cell for gamecube and got twisted metal, I asked the clerk which games were eligible and he told me all psp games so in the back of my head I'm going SCORE! Unfortunately another clerk jumped in to save the day and tell him only Sony titles were eligible, oh well TM was what I went there for anyways

Today I traded:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PH)
Hitman 2 (GH)
Nine more Holes of Xmas

Got Ape Escape. I think I'm gonna return it for Lumines or Ridge Racer.

I got my GF to go this time around. I think while the deal is going on I'm gonna get her to take some games in every now and then.

bread's done
Back