Let's Tap
Monster Vs. Aliens

:ps3:
Saints Row 2
Red Fraction Guerilla

:ps3::60:
Saw

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='buster90']I agree beacuase of this its probably the reason the coupon stopped and I didn't have to get angry today. I didn't even know the coupon was stopped I just thought the cashier was giving me a hard way to go.[/QUOTE]

The coupon didn't stop working because people were hoarding. The coupon stopped working because BB finally realized they were giving away free games.

BTW - the coupon wasn't supposed to work in the first place. It says "not valid on sale items" and FTF was on sale.

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']The thing is, best buy is going to stop doing these because of some of these people. Yet again, a small amount of people has to ruin it for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Yay! More speculation! DO you have anything to back up that statement?

[quote name='ballbarfer']this site's members are just as bad as slickdeals and fatwallet! This site is suppose to be about getting cheap ass games not hoarding every flipping game and killing deals within a few hours. Becasuse of this i will no longer be posting deals and those of you that wish to join me can get on a im list where we will only pass deals between each other and avoid posting on sites like this![/QUOTE]

I'm sure you'll be missed. If you think that CAGs killed this, then I've got a bridge I'd like to sell you...

[quote name='Maskim']I hoarded the F out of them. I'll admit it, and be unashamed. 2 stores, 6 copies at each store. 1/3 are for friends and family. 1/3 flipped to blockbuster, which I then flipped those games to GS for nice return on my time. The rest I donated to Toys For Tots.

You can call me a dirty hoarder all you want, but I feel pretty good about what I accomplished today, and all because a bad game can't sell until it's free.[/QUOTE]

Ok, you asked for it....dirty hoarder. You must really hate your family and friends to give them Fairytale Fights, and don't you think poor kids have suffered enough without opening their meager Christmas presents to find this trainwreck of a game? Seriously, I'm finding it hard to believe that you donated games to Toys for Tots, and if you did, that's great...but what underprivileged kid is going to have a $300 game console and HDTV to play it on? You might has well dropped off tire rims, they'll get just as much use as Fairytale Fights.

quick question. seeming how gamestop wont accept multiple copies at one store, can i trade 1 Fairytales Fighters at one gamestop, then another at another store , and so on, all in the same day?

I did not agree with people abusing the B2G1 glitch, since it was a glitch. But this coupon is just fine.

Got 7 copies today. (the last PS3 one because I needed a replacement case, and 6 360 copies, which they had over 50 left of) I dunno how i'm going to get rid of them, the game is awful (seriously, right stick to attack? stop making games, whoever decided that) And Blockbuster won't let you use the credit on anything here, or trade more than one per account.

Guess TRU is the best option. Just want to get some free MS/Wii/PSN points, blockbuster won't allow you to use store credit on those.. stupid.

[quote name='jer7583']I did not agree with people abusing the B2G1 glitch, since it was a glitch. But this coupon is just fine.

Got 7 copies today. I dunno how i'm going to get rid of them, the game is awful (seriously, right stick to attack? stop making games, whoever decided that) And Blockbuster won't let you use the credit on anything here, or trade more than one per account.

Guess TRU is the best option. Just want to get some free MS/Wii/PSN points, blockbuster won't allow you to use store credit on those.. stupid.[/QUOTE]

This coupon was a glitch. It was not supposed to be valid on sale items.

[quote name='bg2001']The coupon didn't stop working because people were hoarding. The coupon stopped working because BB finally realized they were giving away free games.

BTW - the coupon wasn't supposed to work in the first place. It says "not valid on sale items" and FTF was on sale.[/QUOTE]

or the coupon was set to end at a specific time. this whole fucking topic is speculation and is really annoying. no one knows that BB shut it down, or didn't shut it down, or if they even noticed. i don't understand why this conversation is still going on.

[quote name='anonymouswhoami']Ok, you asked for it....dirty hoarder. You must really hate your family and friends to give them Fairytale Fights, and don't you think poor kids have suffered enough without opening their meager Christmas presents to find this trainwreck of a game? Seriously, I'm finding it hard to believe that you donated games to Toys for Tots, and if you did, that's great...but what underprivileged kid is going to have a $300 game console and HDTV to play it on? You might has well dropped off tire rims, they'll get just as much use as Fairytale Fights.[/QUOTE]

lol im pretty sure hes kiddin I mean its a m rated game. Also haven't these kids suffered enough lol

[quote name='anonymouswhoami']Ok, you asked for it....dirty hoarder. You must really hate your family and friends to give them Fairytale Fights, and don't you think poor kids have suffered enough without opening their meager Christmas presents to find this trainwreck of a game? Seriously, I'm finding it hard to believe that you donated games to Toys for Tots, and if you did, that's great...but what underprivileged kid is going to have a $300 game console and HDTV to play it on? You might has well dropped off tire rims, they'll get just as much use as Fairytale Fights.[/QUOTE]

Bad game or not I would actually be more worried about donating a mature game with tons of blood and maiming of childhood characters to Toys for Tots. Thats just...disturbed.

[quote name='buster90']I looked on Ebay and its already flooded with copies. Doubt people will get much more than $15 for this game and minus shipping and fees lucky if they break a $10 profit.

On Van Halen I broke $30-35 profit a game.[/QUOTE]

how? And I am curious on how that worked out....

[quote name='perdition(troy']or the coupon was set to end at a specific time. this whole fucking topic is speculation and is really annoying. no one knows that BB shut it down, or didn't shut it down, or if they even noticed. i don't understand why this conversation is still going on.[/QUOTE]

They did notice. An email went out later in the day saying not to honor it. The district manager in my area called stores and told them the same.

quick question. seeming how gamestop wont accept multiple copies at one store, can i trade 1 Fairytales Fighters at one gamestop, then another at another store , and so on, all in the same day?

[quote name='bg2001']This coupon was a glitch. It was not supposed to be valid on sale items.[/QUOTE]

thats the reason bb f***ed up because why would they let you print an invalid coupon.

[quote name='Kelegacy']I'm ashamed for some of these guys.[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you what. You can be ashamed, and I'll have your share of the free games.

[quote name='buster90']On Van Halen I broke $30-35 profit a game.[/QUOTE]

By doing what, finding the stores that broke street date and flipping it early? I found a K-Mart that put it out last Wednesday and this strategy did not occur to me...

[quote name='ballbarfer']this site's members are just as bad as slickdeals and fatwallet! This site is suppose to be about getting cheap ass games not hoarding every flipping game and killing deals within a few hours. Becasuse of this i will no longer be posting deals and those of you that wish to join me can get on a im list where we will only pass deals between each other and avoid posting on sites like this![/QUOTE]

ballbarfer.jpg

[quote name='perdition(troy']or the coupon was set to end at a specific time. this whole fucking topic is speculation and is really annoying. no one knows that BB shut it down, or didn't shut it down, or if they even noticed. i don't understand why this conversation is still going on.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you missed back a few pages where it was reported as shut down, and there was a memo out at store level about it. The game wasn't marked as a sale price in the system, thus the coupon worked. When the game was finally designated as being on sale, the coupon stopped working.

It is one thing to go out and hoard GOOD games so other people wind up not being able to play them - that is crappy.

It a completely different thing to go out and hoard crap games that no one will play and flip them for good ones - your fellow gamers aren't getting sc&(*&wed out of playing good games.

[quote name='thebytewasbit']*shakes head* Some people just don't get it...

WHAT is there to be ashamed of in snagging multiple copies of the game when it was in no way shape or form done in any illegal manner? When you think about it, do you think companies & corporations do nothing shady? I'm an honest consumer & customer just looking for great deals. If that's a crime, then lock me up already.

:roll::bomb:[/QUOTE]

No people get it. They just don't give a fuck Poor you...your unemployed with a family and can't get a PS3 or an HDTV

Honestly if you are strapped for cash then flip the games. Go buy that HDTV or PS3 and sell it for money so you can buy your kid something nice. I have a 11 month old and a few hundred bucks can buy a lot of baby toys.

And you cant be too bad off if you think that getting a HDTV is treating yourself. Getting Cable is treating yourself....going out to dinner with the wife is treating yourself. Getting a fucking game system or a HDTV is a luxury not a "treat"

I am a 26 year old working full time with a 11 month old and a wife who was just laid off (Therefore a lose of near 1/2 of our family income) while I enjoy getting free games and I can see where you are coming from somewhat your idea of treating yourself is way off base compared to most...

[quote name='dramasetter929']quick question. seeming how gamestop wont accept multiple copies at one store, can i trade 1 Fairytales Fighters at one gamestop, then another at another store , and so on, all in the same day?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can go to different Gamestops and trade in the game. Just can't do it all at once at one location. If you have different versions like a PS3 copy and an XBOX copy then you can do one of each.

[quote name='bg2001']It is one thing to go out and hoard GOOD games so other people wind up not being able to play them - that is crappy.

It a completely different thing to go out and hoard crap games that no one will play and flip them for good ones - your fellow gamers aren't getting sc&(*&wed out of playing good games.[/QUOTE]
Here is the winner. Time to kill this thread. :bouncy:

[quote name='ElectricStarshine']Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it is ethical thebytewasbit. Yes, getting 14 copes if a game for free is greedy, it is incredibly greedy. If you are too stupid to see this, then there really is no hope for you.

The thing is, best buy is going to stop doing these because of some of these people. Yet again, a small amount of people has to ruin it for everyone.[/QUOTE]

STFU

I don't need to be preached to about getting multiple copies of games. It sounds like someone is butt hurt over getting shot down @ their Best Buy & is jealous. Also I don't need to justify myself. It's a great deal & I jumped on it. If somehow they were sold out, or I got shot down, then so be it. I wouldn't have stressed about it. Life goes on. So I got 17 copies. Whoopty doo! Life goes on.

[quote name='Ronin317']Yeah, you missed back a few pages where it was reported as shut down, and there was a memo out at store level about it. The game wasn't marked as a sale price in the system, thus the coupon worked. When the game was finally designated as being on sale, the coupon stopped working.[/QUOTE]
I suppose in theory Let's Tap will be fair game then, since it's not a sale item. Not that they couldn't be shady and mark it as such to prevent the coupon, but I guess we'll see.

Guys, please don't turn this into the Target thread until AFTER the last coupons die! Then flame, bitch, and get it locked. Until then, Let's Tap!

I'm really going to go for it tomorrow, guys. I'm gonna see if I can get enough copies of Let's Tap to build a fort large enough for me to hide in. I'll post pictures if it happens.

[quote name='Mike Toole']I'm really going to go for it tomorrow, guys. I'm gonna see if I can get enough copies of Let's Tap to build a fort large enough for me to hide in. I'll post pictures if it happens.[/QUOTE]

Have they even posted the coupon for it yet?

[quote name='Mike Toole']I'm really going to go for it tomorrow, guys. I'm gonna see if I can get enough copies of Let's Tap to build a fort large enough for me to hide in. I'll post pictures if it happens.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I'm wiping out the stores around me.

[quote name='Mike Toole']
So the question is... who'll be out in the streets tomorrow at 9:55am for Let's Tap and SR2 goodness? :D[/QUOTE]

I won't. I am going to be there at 7:55am, since the stores open at 8 due to the holiday hours ;)

Saint's Row 2 for the PS3 is $24.99, not $19.99 as listed in the OP. Therefore still going to cost you $5.

(unless bestbuy.com is lying to me as of this writing)

[quote name='Jodou']FYI, Amazon still has Let's Tap listed as $9 for trade. Not sure about other places, but I locked in my trade.[/QUOTE]Don't think the "Best Buy Special Edition" packaging and unique SKU are going to mean rejections from the major online trade in sites?

[quote name='dallow']Don't think the "Best Buy Special Edition" packaging and unique SKU are going to mean rejections from the major online trade in sites?[/QUOTE]

Probably not. That's the version I traded in long ago.

FWIW, my receipt from 8:09am Pacific time does show Fairytale Fights was a sale price so that theory gets shot down:

9517757 01025 0.00 *
PS3-FAIRYTALE FIGHTS
REG $39.99 20.00 SALE DISC
19.99 PACK DISC

-- so it's not that they suddenly marked the game as a sale price that killed this.

(and keep in mind, the coupons for last week didn't get posted til Tuesday so don't get so excited that you show up for Let's Tap before the coupons appear ;) )

see, people are still being nice telling people about 2 hour headstarts and deals that can still come to fruition. Let us stay positive in this holiday season. Get Stoned!

I'm all about Let's Tap, but can we all agree to go during our lunch break tomorrow? I have to freaking work, I get zero vacation or sick days, which sucks, but oh well..

However, I'm going to put odds on the coupon not coming up all day tomorrow after this little deal. I bet they are srsly taking a look at things...weren't coupons just delayed earlier this month or something..

[quote name='joshnorm']No people get it. They just don't give a fuck Poor you...your unemployed with a family and can't get a PS3 or an HDTV

Honestly if you are strapped for cash then flip the games. Go buy that HDTV or PS3 and sell it for money so you can buy your kid something nice. I have a 11 month old and a few hundred bucks can buy a lot of baby toys.

And you cant be too bad off if you think that getting a HDTV is treating yourself. Getting Cable is treating yourself....going out to dinner with the wife is treating yourself. Getting a fucking game system or a HDTV is a luxury not a "treat"

I am a 26 year old working full time with a 11 month old and a wife who was just laid off (Therefore a lose of near 1/2 of our family income) while I enjoy getting free games and I can see where you are coming from somewhat your idea of treating yourself is way off base compared to most...[/QUOTE]

FYI asshat, we have cable INCLUDED w/ our rent. I also didn't know that you created the dictionary & the definition of every word contained therein.

So if I go out to dinner w/ a PS3 or HDTV will THAT be considered a "treat"?

The game from what I heard sucks. Its not like you are getting Free Modern Warfare 2. I doubt many people will play it more than one time. I know I overreacted today but if you sit down and think about it the game should have been free anyway.

I did. I took 4 copies, 2 for 360, and 2 for ps3, to the local USMC recruiting station for Toys For Tots. There are plenty of people who are receiving things from there that have 360's and ps3s, even if we think they shouldn't. I'm sure they'll go to older kids, or they can do whatever they do with donations that don't fit what they're looking for, like sell them to get money for the charity, or donate them to another charity. For all I care, the marines there can keep and play them, themselves.

Someone will enjoy them, and aside from the ones that I greedily sold, and am greedily gifting to friends and family, they're doing a lot more good now than they would have been just sitting there for the girl behind me in line who was bitching that she only got 5 when I got 6.

[quote name='token2k6']I'm all about Let's Tap, but can we all agree to go during our lunch break tomorrow? I have to freaking work, I get zero vacation or sick days, which sucks, but oh well..[/QUOTE]Just go at 8am on your way to work. That's what I plan to do along with some Duncan coffee. :D

[quote name='Mike Toole']I'll tell you what. You can be ashamed, and I'll have your share of the free games.

By doing what, finding the stores that broke street date and flipping it early? I found a K-Mart that put it out last Wednesday and this strategy did not occur to me...

ballbarfer.jpg
[/QUOTE]

LMFAO!!! You get INFINITE bonus points for that one! :applause::bouncy:

[quote name='bg2001']The coupon didn't stop working because people were hoarding. The coupon stopped working because BB finally realized they were giving away free games.

BTW - the coupon wasn't supposed to work in the first place. It says "not valid on sale items" and FTF was on sale.[/QUOTE]

bestbuy finally realized they were giving away free games. you dont think people walking away withh 3 games and a $0.00 reciept had anything to do with it

[quote name='token2k6']^ha, love too, have to be at work at 7am though, that's another 'perk'[/QUOTE]
Man, what scrooge has you working that early on Christmas week!? ;)

[quote name='Maskim']they're doing a lot more good now than they would have been just sitting there for the girl behind me in line who was bitching that she only got 5 when I got 6.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Speeking of nasty people.(her)

[quote name='Jodou']Just go at 8am on your way to work. That's what I plan to do along with some Duncan coffee. :D[/QUOTE]

Thats what i'm hoping to be able to do. I don't have a best buy near my work so I couldn't go on lunch and if the coupons do pop up sometime in the morning I know they would be gone by the time I got out of work.

Though if that were to happen, I promise not to come here calling everyone dirty filthy hoarders

I may swing by a BB this week for Let's Tap. If I score any copies fine, if not fine. I'd hit up my BB tomorrow morning, but I have an appointment & some errands to take care of.

[quote name='Jodou']Man, what scrooge has you working that early on Christmas week!? ;)[/QUOTE]

ha! tell me about it..its actually a small business steel fab shop. we make stuff that goes onto the oil rigs. I got hired to work in the office and control the chaos, have 10 different 'titles' and b/c I'm young, be the resident IT guy. but most of the time I spend all day on here anyway, so I can't complain! It's definitely better than a corporate environment, but you've gotta go by some crazy guys rules b/c he owns the company.

[quote name='ponn01']Though if that were to happen, I promise not to come here calling everyone dirty filthy hoarders[/QUOTE]

exactly. when i missed out on the midnight club for free i didn't come on here bitching, i just moved on. if people get the deal and i do too, sweet. if not, i'll just be jealous.

bread's done
Back