DeepDiscount Anime BF/Cyber Week Sale (up to 63% off select S23/Sentai titles,...)

WTK

CAGiversary!
Cyber Week sale (November 26 - December 2) @ DeepDiscount.com

======

Note: copy & paste URL if link doesn't work for you!

Black Friday sale (November 20-25) @ DeepDiscount.com
| http://www.deepdiscount.com/Black-Friday-2012

Numerous Section23 Films/Sentai Filmworks titles are up toward 63% off (http://www.deepdiscount.com/section-23-super-deal). Select FUNimation titles are up toward 50% off.

Possible Sale Products (60% off or more)
Possible Sale Products (60% off or more)

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparantly, my order triggered my CCs' fraud detection. Confirmed they were valid, and ordered finally.

Ended up getting Clannad+AS, Broken Blade, Dream Eater Merry, World God Only Knows S2, and Ninja Scroll. Would have bought more, but I figured the rest I can wait on. Since I'll probably still spend money on Righstuf.

[quote name='Zaku77']It wasn't mentioned in here, but The Legend of Heroes blu-ray series is also on sale for $20.[/QUOTE]
Just a note for people who are interested it is not a full length series, and it only totals about 81 minutes long, parts of which are from a previous special released I believe, so you may be disappointed if you thought it would be a full blown series.

Got this response from them: "Due to our quick order processing, orders for in-stock items cannot be canceled or changed once they are placed."

Haha, they are funny people.

[quote name='DRevan']Got this response from them: "Due to our quick order processing, orders for in-stock items cannot be canceled or changed once they are placed."

Haha, they are funny people.[/QUOTE]

This is too little, too late but you should have just called them. They are very easy to deal with over the phone. However, their telephone number is not available on their website which is ridiculous so I don't blame you if you weren't aware you could call.

Found a way to prevent myself from making any new orders - gave my wife a list of five titles I was considering ordering that she could possibly get me for Christmas from the sale. Now I won't order any because I don't want to chance getting a duplicate.

[quote name='beefytwinkie']This is too little, too late but you should have just called them. They are very easy to deal with over the phone. However, their telephone number is not available on their website which is ridiculous so I don't blame you if you weren't aware you could call.[/QUOTE]

I remember making an order Friday night calling either Sat or Mon to modify an order, got told the same thing, order went to warehouse and they could not do anything. I actually wanted to add things to my order, but no such luck.
Shipped the next Wednesday. It seems you got lucky. Now I am just more careful when hitting the "submit".

[quote name='beefytwinkie']This is too little, too late but you should have just called them. They are very easy to deal with over the phone. However, their telephone number is not available on their website which is ridiculous so I don't blame you if you weren't aware you could call.[/QUOTE]

Yea, only email is available :(

Just to be safe, could you give the phone number?

update: My dear God, they canceled my Clannad After Story order alright, but they even canceled the one I did not ask them to do, so they shipped 2x Infinite Stratos Blu-Ray and canceled both Clannad After Story Blu-Rays :D

[quote name='DRevan']Yea, only email is available :(

update: My dear God, they canceled my Clannad After Story order alright, but they even canceled the one I did not ask them to do, so they shipped 2x Infinite Stratos Blu-Ray and canceled both Clannad After Story Blu-Rays :D[/QUOTE]

Lesson here are, only deal with DD if you DON'T deal with customer service, canceling orders will only give you headaches, and patience is a must have...a lot of patience... :*(

[quote name='Squarehard']Lesson here are, only deal with DD if you DON'T deal with customer service, canceling orders will only give you headaches, and patience is a must have...a lot of patience... :*([/QUOTE]

I think the better lesson most people can learn as most of us have stated earlier: just don't do business with deepdiscount.

[quote name='DRevan']Yea, only email is available :(

update: My dear God, they canceled my Clannad After Story order alright, but they even canceled the one I did not ask them to do, so they shipped 2x Infinite Stratos Blu-Ray and canceled both Clannad After Story Blu-Rays :D[/QUOTE]
Haha it's like comedy of errors with your situation. I know it's annoying but at least it seems you're not too angry about it and actually think it's a little funny. :)

Here is their telephone number and hours of operation:

Monday thru Friday: 8am - 7pm (Central Standard Time)
Saturday: 9am - 5pm (Central Standard Time)

1-800-264-5076

Again, they are actually very pleasant to deal with on the phone. The problem arises when you try to e-mail them.

-----------------
Here's a funny thing they did to me. I placed a pre-order for Breakfast at Tiffany's blu-ray and then they released a five dollar coupon. So, like you, I placed a second order and attempted to cancel the first one but their website said that it was already processing so I could not cancel it.

Now just a small backstory on my addresses: Sometimes I'll ship stuff to my brother's house (two houses down from me) because I'm always at work during delivery hours and his wife can grab packages for me. But on this occassion, I had my billing and shipping address for Breakfast at Tiffany's as my own home address. On with the story...

So I called them up and the guy on the phone said "Wait, if this is a pre-order why does the website say it's already processing for shipping?" and I said "Sir, you got me. I was going to ask you that." The guy was cool and cancelled the first order with no problem.

I check my order status on the website and sure enough, my first order is cancelled and my second order is fine. Billing and shipping address is my house. When Breakfast at Tiffany's is released, the shipping label has my brother's address! Not a big deal but I thought that was just so weird. I triple checked my invoice online and my brother's address is not on my order.

Oh, Deep Discount, you guys kill me. But I still shop there because they have some damn good deals all the time.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Only reason I order from DD is things like this:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309139

Rock bottom prices, great sale last year. Really makes this year disappointing. Tears to Tiara (DVD) was $17 cheaper, for example.[/QUOTE]
I remember that sale. I purchased about fifteen of those sets and received all but two: Divergence Eve: Seraphim Collection and Kiba Complete Collection. No big deal since I got such a steal on all the other sets I ordered.

I love DeepDiscount. They always come through for me.

Anybody ordering now though better be ready to do some waiting, because mostly everything worth picking up is on backorder now, but as long as you're patient it is still a great deal, but for most that's a big if...

Yay. My package's tracking number is indicating that my package is somewhere out for delivery in another town about 10 miles away in Long Island. I'm in Queens. Haha how does that happen? I hope it works out somehow. :)

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I wish they made a bluray collection for Maid Sama[/QUOTE]
wish they made a bluray collection for Maid Sama and Waiting in the Summer

[quote name='zeke222']wish they made a bluray collection for Maid Sama and Waiting in the Summer[/QUOTE]

2nd that.

So, I ordered Needless CC, Lyon Flare Parts 1 and 2, and Night Raid from DD yesterday. It has been shipped already.

Yet I am still waiting for my High School of the Dead and Demon King Daimao...

[quote name='DNukem170']So, I ordered Needless CC, Lyon Flare Parts 1 and 2, and Night Raid from DD yesterday. It has been shipped already.

Yet I am still waiting for my High School of the Dead and Demon King Daimao...[/QUOTE]

Popularity difference. HotD would of course be one of those backordered. ;D

And I was waiting for somebody to actually admit they picked up Lyon Flare, so good job. :applause:

[quote name='Squarehard']And I was waiting for somebody to actually admit they picked up Lyon Flare, so good job. :applause:[/QUOTE]Eh, I have seen (and owned) pervier stuff, so no biggie. And more than likely I will sell it on eBay after watching it like I will most of the stuff from this sale (and most of my Black Friday purchases, to be honest).

[quote name='DNukem170']Eh, I have seen (and owned) pervier stuff, so no biggie.[/QUOTE]

I guess so. I'm sure you would've picked up Karma Saiyuki had it not been broken to purchase. ;D

And more than likely I will sell it on eBay after watching it like I will most of the stuff from this sale (and most of my Black Friday purchases, to be honest).

Judas! :hot:

[quote name='Squarehard']I guess so. I'm sure you would've picked up Karma Saiyuki had it not been broken to purchase. ;D[/QUOTE]Depends on how much it goes for on eBay. :p

Also, because of how expensive it is the only Sentai anime I have seen has been Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works and Seasons 2 and 3 of You're Under Arrest (and Mahoromatic if you wanna get technical) so I am loading up to watch somebody other than FUNimation for once.
Even after condensing my anime collection down (I can finally fit all my US Gundam DVDs in one bag!) I still have limited room to put stuff at. Unless it is something I really enjoy or comes in a really spiffy package, I often sell it. Especially is it comes in an uneccessarily bulky package. *Glances at Doctor Who Series 5 and 6*

Got my Broken Blade (Blu) in today, perfect shape despite the cheap mailer. Other part of order, Mardock Scramble DC (Blu) still backordered but can wait. Did cancel another fully backordered order I didn't need by calling the 1-800 # from an earlier post. Time to sort out what I really want from the TRSI sales.

I haven't watched Mardock Scramble, is it any good? I think anidb listed it as 3 OVAs/movies or something?

On a random note, I really disliked Unlimited Blade Works asides from the revelation of Archer's identity.

[quote name='starkillr']On a random note, I really disliked Unlimited Blade Works asides from the revelation of Archer's identity.[/QUOTE]UBW suffered from being two movies crammed into one. Just felt rushed. Gorgeous animation, though.

Did say before that my two orders had shipped out the day after I ordered, but I checked the tracking number they provided with them and it hasn't even gotten an update at all in the last 10 days.

By looking at the details, it hasn't even left from the shipping partner facility......anybody else experiencing anything along these lines?

[quote name='3GSid']Did say before that my two orders had shipped out the day after I ordered, but I checked the tracking number they provided with them and it hasn't even gotten an update at all in the last 10 days.

By looking at the details, it hasn't even left from the shipping partner facility......anybody else experiencing anything along these lines?[/QUOTE]I can't even track it. Clicking my tracking numbers results in a "Not Found" Google search.

Seems my problem got a good turn: I've got the shipping for the duplicate order refunded and a promise that if I reorder Clannad After Story Blu-Ray, then I get the price difference+the shipping refunded.
So I reordered it on 11/28/12, but it is Backordered.

Actually everything I checked on my "wishlist" (like Demon King Daimao Blu-Ray ) says "Usually ships in 5-10 days", do they even have anything in stock ?:)

My order says backordered but it was refunded. I'm going to keep quiet a bit, maybe they'll forget to put the charge back if anything ships lol.

I will wait until next Thursday, if they won't ship my Clannad After Story Blu-Ray by then, I make them cancel it and just order it from Right Stuf. The shipping fee from Right Stuf is horribly high ($13.5 for a single item LOL), but at least I don't have to wait months.

[quote name='DRevan']I will wait until next Thursday, if they won't ship my Clannad After Story Blu-Ray by then, I make them cancel it and just order it from Right Stuf. The shipping fee from Right Stuf is horribly high ($13.5 for a single item LOL), but at least I don't have to wait months.[/QUOTE]

At those prices, you might as well hit $49 for free shipping. Unless you're in Canada.

I got world god only knows season 1 yesterday. I was freaked out because when I got it from my mailbox I heard one of the discs clanking around inside. Fortunately, after opening it and inspecting the loose disc everything seemed to be fine. Dodged a bullet on that one. I'll cancel the 2nd season and pick it up from rightsuf.

[quote name='DNukem170']I can't even track it. Clicking my tracking numbers results in a "Not Found" Google search.[/QUOTE]

Copy the number that DeepDiscount puts into google search and paste it into USPS.com's Track and Confirm link.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I got world god only knows season 1 yesterday. I was freaked out because when I got it from my mailbox I heard one of the discs clanking around inside. Fortunately, after opening it and inspecting the loose disc everything seemed to be fine. Dodged a bullet on that one. I'll cancel the 2nd season and pick it up from rightsuf.[/QUOTE]

If it was the blu-ray version then you shouldn't sweat next time. Blu-rays are quite the sturdy discs. ^__^

I was just thinking about cancelling my Clannad Blu-ray and getting the cheap half-sets from RightStuf once Collection 1 came back in stock.

Got an E-mail saying my Clannad set shipped. -_-

I just got confirmation that my order of Heaven's Memo Pad shipped. And it was on backorder. Now my other order is still on backorder I hope that one ships soon as well.

[quote name='elessar123']lol, so if I'm ok with waiting, I'm never going to get mine =([/QUOTE]

Waddya know? It worked! LOL!

Got my shipping confirmation. ^__^

[quote name='Squarehard']Waddya know? It worked! LOL!

Got my shipping confirmation. ^__^[/QUOTE]

Got mine as well.

bread's done
Back