Demolition's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it should be the next topic but I checked through all the old wrestling topic titles and I didn't see a Ric Flair one. He definitely needs his own topic eventually.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Remember when that Tuesday night wrestling show was on USA Network like....damn...I was like 13 to 15 so that's like....88-89ish? It was hosted my Monsoon and Heenan. Lord Alfred would take one of the spots if either of them weren't there, I remember one show they did had this safari theme called it "Big Game Hunt" or some shit and Lord Alfred had the pith hat and little shorts and a vest, I know I got that tape some place.

Speaking of which I need to take all my old VHS tapes of shit like that and get it copied to something else, DVD perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Tuesday Night Titans? The show that had "Fuji Vice" on it?

Hayes was the last employee that worked for Vince that had any fucking idea what "class" was. Shame that he passed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=dursin/050720&num=0

ESPN points out how disgustingly bawdy WWE currently is.

Pretty good article.

Although, yes, the Fake Razor & Diesel thing was stupid... but, it doesn't really fit in with the article.

[quote name='kittie']Pretty good article.

Although, yes, the Fake Razor & Diesel thing was stupid... but, it doesn't really fit in with the article.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Although Big Titan (Fake Razor) made one appearance in ECW, and stunk up the building so bad the entire crowd chanted "Don't Come Back!" to him. He never did come back, and on a completely unrelated note, died a few years ago (2001?)

Boo-urns... '99 Bossman is a must in that article. Although, he was so hilarious with eating Pepper, and the great poem about Big Show's dead daddy.

damn thats crazy about the fake razor...

does anyone have the video where they come out...i would like to see that again

anyways this rey vs super crazy match was awesome

-- Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE will be dropping the Hassan character, and he will not be moving back to RAW

-- No word on Daivari, who at current state of play, WWE wish to keep.

There goes their careers.

[quote name='Scorch']There goes their careers.[/QUOTE]

I really hope not, but it doesn't look good for them. I really thought Hassan and Dalvari were good on the mic. Maybe WWE can bide their time and bring them back as the same characters on Raw when it switchest to USA in October. But its more likely we're going to see Hassan teaming with Nunzio and Big Vito (he is really Italian), since Vinnie Mac can't seem to create non-stereotypical new characters.

This is one of the reasons that there really needs to be some more competition in the wrestling world, there's no place left for Vince to poach high profile talent from anymore. He can grab great workers from TNA and ROH, but these aren't the type of guys who will pop ratings and be instant smashes. This means WWE has to create the characters from scratch, and it just doesn't seem like he can make characters from scratch like he used to be able to.

[quote name='mykevermin']Agreed. Although Big Titan (Fake Razor) made one appearance in ECW, and stunk up the building so bad the entire crowd chanted "Don't Come Back!" to him. He never did come back, and on a completely unrelated note, died a few years ago (2001?)[/QUOTE]

Yet, strangely enough, his career probably went better than Fake Diesel's.

[quote name='kittie']Yet, strangely enough, his career probably went better than Fake Diesel's.[/QUOTE]

Are you joking? Fake Diesel happens to be Kane. I mean, Katie Vick fiasco or not, Kane has had a pretty decent run.

[quote name='kittie']Yet, strangely enough, his career probably went better than Fake Diesel's.[/QUOTE]

Really?

30.jpg

Ok, maybe.

3080_article.jpg

Hmm. Nope.

[quote name='mykevermin']Really?

30.jpg

[/QUOTE]

Haha, Isaak Yankem...somehow when I was little that seemed like a good idea for a wrestling character. I guess it's better than TL Hopper the wrestling plumber

[quote name='zzl365']Are you joking? Fake Diesel happens to be Kane. I mean, Katie Vick fiasco or not, Kane has had a pretty decent run.[/QUOTE]

Yeah.

But I feel for poor Kane.

It seems every idiotic storyline is attracted to him.

OK, ZL, here is my recommendation for the the next thread. In the spirit of the upcoming Great American Bash I nominate Magnum TA and Nikita Koloff to head up the next topic. It was in 1985, I believe, when they had their best-of-seven series for the US title over the length of the Bash (BTW, in case someone doesn't know, back then the GAB was approximately a 45 day tour that ran through the summer similar to a concert tour). It was a very intense feud that saw Magnum put Koloff over and it really elevated his (Nikita) career. Soon after Magnum was in a car wreck that ended his career which led to Nikita making a face turn and joining Magnum's sometime partner Dusty Rhodes as The Superpowers. Considering this also the 20th anniversary of this great series of matches I see no other option worthy of a topic. I rest my case.

From that ESPN.com article:
Here's what I mean: Hassan has consistently complained that, ever since 9/11, Americans have been prejudiced against anyone of Arab descent. The thing is, ever since 9/11, many Americans have been prejudiced against anyone of Arab descent. By booing him, we're basically validating everything he's saying -- in effect, making us the villains. And none too intelligent villains either: fans routinely chant "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!" whenever Hassan enters an arena -- although the character is supposed to be from Detroit or something.

See, this is the shit that pisses me off as a fan, because when my girl and I went to RAW here in RI, Hassan was fightin' Krispin Wa, after a lengthy "I'm from the USA and nobody resepects me" rant by Hassan the crowd starts cheering USA-USA-USA.

That's the time to go to the pisser and get some nachos.

[quote name='JimmieMac']From that ESPN.com article:
Here's what I mean: Hassan has consistently complained that, ever since 9/11, Americans have been prejudiced against anyone of Arab descent. The thing is, ever since 9/11, many Americans have been prejudiced against anyone of Arab descent. By booing him, we're basically validating everything he's saying -- in effect, making us the villains. And none too intelligent villains either: fans routinely chant "U.S.A.! U.S.A.!" whenever Hassan enters an arena -- although the character is supposed to be from Detroit or something.

See, this is the shit that pisses me off as a fan, because when my girl and I went to RAW here in RI, Hassan was fightin' Krispin Wa, after a lengthy "I'm from the USA and nobody resepects me" rant by Hassan the crowd starts cheering USA-USA-USA.

That's the time to go to the pisser and get some nachos.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's when I'm sorry to be a wrestling fan. I always have to tell myself, don't let the stupid people ruin it for you. I also loved when I believe it was Tajiri/William Regal wrestling La Resistance and the USA chants start up....pure genius. Man do I miss ECW crowds, they were just so much more knowledgeable(sp?) and into the product. No way WWE could ever get its crowd to do things like count to 10 in spanish when a Mexican wrestler is doing the 10 punch count-along on an opponent in the corner.

[quote name='JimmieMac']he will be going through an orientation process at the WWE headquarters, learning about how the enterprise works outside of the travelling live event world.

Looks like somebody is learning how to take over the whole enchilada.[/QUOTE]

I hope not. Then we have to hear him whine and bitch cause people aren't listening to him.

[quote name='guyver2077']damn thats crazy about the fake razor...

does anyone have the video where they come out...i would like to see that again

anyways this rey vs super crazy match was awesome[/QUOTE]

I loved that match. The crowd absolutely HATED the end though.

TNA gets the SpikeTV deal finalized!!!

TNA iMPACT! TO TELECAST ON SPIKE TV!
New York, NY (July 21, 2005) – TNA Entertainment, LLC has signed a deal with Spike TV to telecast TNA (Total Nonstop Action) Wrestling’s weekly action athletic entertainment series “iMPACT!” The weekly one-hour show will join Spike TV’s popular “Slammin’ Saturday Night” programming block starting this Fall, taping at Soundstage 21 at Universal Studios in Orlando, FL.

“We are thrilled to be coming to Spike TV,” said Dixie Carter, President, TNA Entertainment, LLC. “We look forward to bringing our exciting style of Total Non-stop Action and entertainment to their male viewers.”

The new wrestling alternative, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling’s iMPACT! delivers a distinct brand of high-risk, live-action athletic entertainment. TNA’s roster includes some of the most exciting and recognizable stars in wrestling today such as, Jeff Jarrett, Raven, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Abyss, Sean Waltman, Christopher Daniels, Monty Brown and others. TNA features the high-flying “X Division,” the “Six-Sided Ring,” and concept matches such as “Ultimate X,” “King of the Mountain,” and “Six Sides of Steel.”

Instead of a monday night war, we'll be seeing a saturday night war. Since WWE is planning to have a show on saturday on USA.

Does anyone think that TNA will do well on SpikeTV? I mean, that's a crappy timeslot, but any TV deal is better than none at all. Best of luck to TNA.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Does anyone think that TNA will do well on SpikeTV? I mean, that's a crappy timeslot, but any TV deal is better than none at all. Best of luck to TNA.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, it would be amazing if they pulled more than a 1.7 in the ratings. But at least it's a better time slot than 4 pm on fridays.

Can you name the next wrestling wrestling topic after Macho Man or the Undertaker! They were my favorite when I was a youngin'.

[quote name='zewone']Can you name the next wrestling wrestling topic after Macho Man or the Undertaker! They were my favorite when I was a youngin'.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of the Undertaker, aftering viewing the page before this with the fake wrestlers. I got me thinking, who the heck was the fake "Undertaker" that Undertaker had a match with?

I still don't know why the heck they even tried that storyline. It would be like if they introduced two Mankind characters, no one would buy into it.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']The Fake Undertaker at SummerSlam 1994 was "Primetime" Brian Lee.[/QUOTE]

AKA Chainz of the Disciples of Apocalypse (which consisted of him, Crush (of Demolition fame), and the Harris Bros)...man was that "gang war" gimmick they had with DoA, Los Boricuas, and the Nation of Domination awful. It was almost as bad as the whole fake Undertaker thing.

That's right. He was Chainz, as well. Knew that he did something else in the WWE...

Isn't he also a cousin to the real Undertaker or something like that?

Ugh... feeling sick...

WHAT?

Can't sleep...

WHAT?

Need to sleep...

WHAT?

I said, "I need to sleep."

WHAT?

So I got up...

WHAT?

Drank a glass of water...

WHAT?

Another glass of water...

WHAT?

Watched some TV...

WHAT?

Another glass of water...

WHAT?

And I'm posting here on CAG, and that's the bottom line... because Saucy Jack said so!

(slaps self)

What the hell was that about?

Little known fact: I keyed Brian Lee's white corvette (Tennessee plates) at an undisclosed location after he was a total douchebag to some handicapped kids outside an indy show.

[quote name='mykevermin']Little known fact: I keyed Brian Lee's white corvette (Tennessee plates) at an undisclosed location after he was a total douchebag to some handicapped kids outside an indy show.[/QUOTE]

I would have done the same thing. I hate when wrestlers act like that.

[quote name='mykevermin']http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/hassanwwe

My nomination for the next thread: the Muhammad Hassan Memorial Wrestling Thread.

Any thoughts/opinions on TNA or ROH's potential use of these two, or do most of you (it seems that way) think the WWE will keep them (as different characters)?[/QUOTE]

I think they've gotta keep Hassan at least, my guess is that you'll see him teaming with Big Vito and Nunzio in no time seeing as he is really of Italian descent and Smackdown's writers only seem to be able to come up with stereotypical character roles.

[quote name='zzl365']I think they've gotta keep Hassan at least, my guess is that you'll see him teaming with Big Vito and Nunzio in no time seeing as he is really of Italian descent and Smackdown's writers only seem to be able to come up with stereotypical character roles.[/QUOTE]

This could really make sense if WWE actually remembers what the FBI were in ECW... having non-Italians that don't even belong in the group.

[quote name='zzl365']I think they've gotta keep Hassan at least, my guess is that you'll see him teaming with Big Vito and Nunzio in no time seeing as he is really of Italian descent and Smackdown's writers only seem to be able to come up with stereotypical character roles.[/QUOTE]

I was pretty sure he was really Italian, but not confident enough to say it. Thanks for taking the dive.

Hmm. Who's kinda floating around WWE purgatory that would be awesome in the FBI (even though, since they've ruined it, it won't come back)? Eugene? Tajiri? Viscera? Regal? Funaki? Tazz (hey, at least he'd fit the part)?

[quote name='mykevermin']I was pretty sure he was really Italian, but not confident enough to say it. Thanks for taking the dive.

Hmm. Who's kinda floating around WWE purgatory that would be awesome in the FBI (even though, since they've ruined it, it won't come back)? Eugene? Tajiri? Viscera? Regal? Funaki? Tazz (hey, at least he'd fit the part)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the problem is it seems like WWE didn't get the FBI concept and used people who actually were legitimately Italian, the FBI would have been awesome if it was like Nunzio, Funaki, and Jamie Noble or something along those lines. They could have worked as a team of cruiserweight comedy heels or faces.

Ivory’s World Wrestling Entertainment television contract will not be renewed. She will make her final appearance on The WWE Experience this weekend. WWE wishes Ivory well and hopes to work with her again in the near future

[quote name='guyver2077']Funaki Is Italian?? Wtf[/QUOTE]

No, but that's why it would be awesome. The reason the FBI worked in ECW was because of guys like JT Smith who clearly were not Italian but were part of the FBI. The reason the FBI did not work in WWE is because all of the guys were legitimately Italian, this helped in not letting it get over. There is a level of comedy if you have a group called the FBI with guys who are pretending to be Italian.

Just got around to actually watching the end of Raw. Can't say I missed anything except Viscera humping both of the Heart Throbs. Wonder why the parent groups haven't sent angry letters about that?

[quote name='supermariomelee']Just got around to actually watching the end of Raw. Can't say I missed anything except Viscera humping both of the Heart Throbs. Wonder why the parent groups haven't sent angry letters about that?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, maybe because humping is safe sex? (Unless a 500 pound man is the one doing it.)

[quote name='guyver2077']Ivory’s World Wrestling Entertainment television contract will not be renewed. She will make her final appearance on The WWE Experience this weekend. WWE wishes Ivory well and hopes to work with her again in the near future[/QUOTE]

Shaq-fu it to hell and back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back