Demolition's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']Did we find the world's last Ivory fan?[/QUOTE]

Probably. :sad:

I liked her because she had a great body but didn't have to show it off every damn time she was on TV or act full of fake energy like Christy. Christy is ok but her energy is sickening at times.

I can see your point about Ivory. She is one of the few who remained a TV personality without being a sex object. That, in and of itself, must be some kind of WWE record.

I just came across this...and I'm speechless. WTF?

02.jpg

[quote name='mykevermin']I can see your point about Ivory. She is one of the few who remained a TV personality without being a sex object. That, in and of itself, must be some kind of WWE record.

02.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WTF indeed!

[quote name='mykevermin']I can see your point about Ivory. She is one of the few who remained a TV personality without being a sex object. That, in and of itself, must be some kind of WWE record.

02.jpg
[/QUOTE]

a fucking magic carpet is pretty bad but I can't stop laughing

It was rumored for a while that Daivari would do the magic carpet thing in WWE.

If he turns face, it probably would get over. Lol.

new dor 2 vidz at cube ign....

unfortunately still no masters intro but theres a few like eddie,chavo,heidenraich,and eugene among others

[quote name='guyver2077']new dor 2 vidz at cube ign....

unfortunately still no masters intro but theres a few like eddie,chavo,heidenraich,and eugene among others[/QUOTE]

I'll go check that out. Thanks. :)

Hey, Guyver, is that a real video in your sig? I don't recall hearing about a Goldberg WWE video release...

EDIT: Saw the videos. The walking animations during the entrances need a lot of work. Otherwise, the game looks great. :)

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I'll go check that out. Thanks. :)

Hey, Guyver, is that a real video in your sig? I don't recall hearing about a Goldberg WWE video release...[/QUOTE]

honestly im not sure..looks like a pal release...

Man check out jbl's entrance...very well done

[quote name='guyver2077']honestly im not sure..looks like a pal release...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it looks like the box art like the WWE Dvds in the UK. I've checked around Ebay and the PAL DVDs have the same markings on their cases.

If so, why the hell didn't WWE bring it over here and cash in on him while they could?

I don't think that's a real release. I've found no records of it anywhere. The only Goldberg release I know of is the old WCW tape "Goldberg: Who's Next?"

I'm really surprised that WWE didn't make a Goldberg DVD. I'm not a fan of the guy, but I know he has a huge following and that a DVD of him would be appreciated. Plus, I like watching the documentaries on the DVDs and it might have been interesting.

His auto show on TV was actually pretty interesting. Caught an episode of it last night.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't think that's a real release. I've found no records of it anywhere. The only Goldberg release I know of is the old WCW tape "Goldberg: Who's Next?"

I'm really surprised that WWE didn't make a Goldberg DVD. I'm not a fan of the guy, but I know he has a huge following and that a DVD of him would be appreciated. Plus, I like watching the documentaries on the DVDs and it might have been interesting.

His auto show on TV was actually pretty interesting. Caught an episode of it last night.[/QUOTE]

But Gillberg gets no love. :cry:

Not to be mean, but DOR2 movies are kinda disappointing.

Edge walking to the ring was almost laughable.

I don't really care about that though... just hope it's a fun wrestling game. I only have XBox, and I'm suffering. I'd get a GC if DOR2 is any good.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't think that's a real release. I've found no records of it anywhere. The only Goldberg release I know of is the old WCW tape "Goldberg: Who's Next?"

His auto show on TV was actually pretty interesting. Caught an episode of it last night.[/QUOTE]

he is incredibly informative, and even if this show fails he should continue to do shows in this vein because he is very good at it.

Wonder if Muhammed Hassan will be pulled from the game like he's being pulled from TV?

Also looking at the videos, there's still one thing about the entrances that bug the hell out of me. They still have not added the entrance way graphics. I remember seeing a video of WWF Raw with Triple H's entrance and it had the graphic with his face w/ the flashing lights in the background. It's just something that I'd like to see them finally add to the game.

Mark Copani, the man who plays the character of Muhammad Hassan will be going back to Ohio Valley Wrestling after this Sunday's PPV, a huge setback for the twenty four year old. One day you're one of the main characters on WWE TV and the next day you're at the developmental territory hoping that WWE writers come up with a different gimmick. It's unclear if and when Copani will be called back to the main roster as the ball is in the writers' hands. The AP ran an article about the gimmick being dropped which was carried by several news outlets. "This was an unfortunate sequence of events," said WWE Vice President of Corporate Communications Gary Davis. "Some people drew the conclusion these people were terrorists even though they were not terrorists." It's not known what will happen to his twenty one year old sidekick Daivari yet.

Credit - Colin Vassallo, Steve Gerweck and Gerweck.net when using this news.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Mark Copani, the man who plays the character of Muhammad Hassan will be going back to Ohio Valley Wrestling after this Sunday's PPV, a huge setback for the twenty four year old. One day you're one of the main characters on WWE TV and the next day you're at the developmental territory hoping that WWE writers come up with a different gimmick. It's unclear if and when Copani will be called back to the main roster as the ball is in the writers' hands. The AP ran an article about the gimmick being dropped which was carried by several news outlets. "This was an unfortunate sequence of events," said WWE Vice President of Corporate Communications Gary Davis. "Some people drew the conclusion these people were terrorists even though they were not terrorists." It's not known what will happen to his twenty one year old sidekick Daivari yet.

Credit - Colin Vassallo, Steve Gerweck and Gerweck.net when using this news.[/QUOTE]

Whether people like Hassan and Davairi or not, whether they thought the push was deserved or not, that is most unfair to those guys. I wish them the best.

[quote name='xxdeadp0olxx']Mark Copani, the man who plays the character of Muhammad Hassan will be going back to Ohio Valley Wrestling after this Sunday's PPV, a huge setback for the twenty four year old. One day you're one of the main characters on WWE TV and the next day you're at the developmental territory hoping that WWE writers come up with a different gimmick. It's unclear if and when Copani will be called back to the main roster as the ball is in the writers' hands. The AP ran an article about the gimmick being dropped which was carried by several news outlets. "This was an unfortunate sequence of events," said WWE Vice President of Corporate Communications Gary Davis. "Some people drew the conclusion these people were terrorists even though they were not terrorists." It's not known what will happen to his twenty one year old sidekick Daivari yet.

Credit - Colin Vassallo, Steve Gerweck and Gerweck.net when using this news.[/QUOTE]

Y'know, I understand that it's in vogue to feel bad for Mark Magnus, but, in reality, fuck him. He's the one who agreed to play this character, and *nobody* who watches wrestling will argue that WWE doesn't try to play racial stereotypes. If it weren't for 9/11, his career highlight would have been putting over Chris Masters on Heat. His willingness to go out on television and play a character that is the modern day equivalent of a minstrel show should also include his willingness to accept responsibility for playing that character, no questions asked.

Is it the writers who make Hassan this way? Yes. Did the writers force him to sign a contract? Nope.

fuck Magnus. He deserves to get dropped. I don't care if he's any good, it was his good fortune that WWE even considered him; now, it's his bad fortune that he's on his way out.

This, in all likelihood, means his character will be taken out of DOR2, don't you think?

The same goes for Shawn Daivari.

Well, I admit that I don't know much about development. So, is it even possible to remove all traces of his character and still have a finished game by late August?

This rift seems to be between CBS networks and WWE; since THQ isn't involved, it probably isn't an issue.

Guyver, you seem to know a lot about the GC games; I've heard that, other than the 5 legends mentioned on IGN, there is a rumored 6th legend. Any truth to that, and if so, any idea who it is?

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, I admit that I don't know much about development. So, is it even possible to remove all traces of his character and still have a finished game by late August?

This rift seems to be between CBS networks and WWE; since THQ isn't involved, it probably isn't an issue.

Guyver, you seem to know a lot about the GC games; I've heard that, other than the 5 legends mentioned on IGN, there is a rumored 6th legend. Any truth to that, and if so, any idea who it is?[/QUOTE]

thay had rumored it to be warrior....that would be incredible..i remember they even said it in an ign article....

im just going crazy over the fact i might be able to blast my speakers to hogans and warriors entrance...

who knows maybe they couldnt get the right for him...o well i can still do hogan vs chris mas... nah 4get it lol

also..ott
there are some ignorant people on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8206138686&category=62053&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Is it the writers who make Hassan this way? Yes. Did the writers force him to sign a contract? Nope.

The goal for every worker in the business is to make WWE. That's where money is. TNA? Lol... good luck there. ROH wouldn't even consider adding him.

[quote name='supermariomelee']Wonder if Muhammed Hassan will be pulled from the game like he's being pulled from TV?

Also looking at the videos, there's still one thing about the entrances that bug the hell out of me. They still have not added the entrance way graphics. I remember seeing a video of WWF Raw with Triple H's entrance and it had the graphic with his face w/ the flashing lights in the background. It's just something that I'd like to see them finally add to the game.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it's even possible for WWE to take Hassan out of the game at this point. Plus, he is still employed with WWE. It's just a UPN thing, so far.

Removing Hassan and all traces before the end of August would be extremely easy to do.

Taking characters out takes seconds. Adding characters takes a ton of time.

I heard UPN is moving Smackdown to Friday night. In a way thats kinda cool. No Wrestling on Thanksgiving night.

[quote name='guyver2077']they just better not take him out...[/QUOTE]

Why not? It's not like that didn't just drop a good number of talented workers.
What's dropping one wrestler going to do, more or less?

[quote name='Xevious']I heard UPN is moving Smackdown to Friday night. In a way thats kinda cool. No Wrestling on Thanksgiving night.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I read that in the paper the other day. I think it happens this fall, and I think Chris Rock's new show is going to take its time slot.

[quote name='Xevious']I heard UPN is moving Smackdown to Friday night. In a way thats kinda cool. No Wrestling on Thanksgiving night.[/QUOTE]

Well, not cool for WWE... many people aren't home on Friday nights, plus more baseball games will get in the way, since there's never day games on Friday.

Also, next fall, the contract with UPN runs out... and they're almost certainly not going to re-negotiate.

[quote name='kittie']Well, not cool for WWE... many people aren't home on Friday nights, plus more baseball games will get in the way, since there's never day games on Friday.

Also, next fall, the contract with UPN runs out... and they're almost certainly not going to re-negotiate.[/QUOTE]

If that were the case, I'd expect even more contraction of the roster.
Of course, that could be good if there were another organization that could manage to get themselves airtime on a cable or broadcast network.

TNA will be on Spike in October. :) I still refuse to take them as serious competition, though. :p

I have to think the roster split is ending... I don't see how Vince can get another network to give him 2 primetime hours per week.

[quote name='kittie']TNA will be on Spike in October. :) I still refuse to take them as serious competition, though. :p

I have to think the roster split is ending... I don't see how Vince can get another network to give him 2 primetime hours per week.[/QUOTE]

I don't know... if WWF were to have to pare thier roster down because they had one major (and then a few syndicated) show, then there would be enough top tier wrestlers that TNA may be able to make a run, provided they could find an audiance... of course, they'd be better served by trying to treat wrestling more as a sport... WWE is beating the concept of "Sports Entertainment" into the ground, and anything you could do to differentiate your product from that would make you more noteable.

Hell, I'd be happy if New Japan Pro Wrestling could get a subtitled version of thier shows onto American television.

[quote name='JSweeney']Hell, I'd be happy if New Japan Pro Wrestling could get a subtitled version of thier shows onto American television.[/QUOTE]

They could do it with MXC style voice overs and I wouldn't care. I would like to see it anyway I could get it.

[quote name='JSweeney']Hell, I'd be happy if New Japan Pro Wrestling could get a subtitled version of thier shows onto American television.[/QUOTE]

Go buy some ROH videos, if you don't already. At the risk of sounding like some elitist wrestling snob (a contradiction in terms if there ever was one), it is far and above better wrestling than ever seen in WWE, WCW, TNA, or ECW.

Their angles made sense; my personal favorite was a year-long blood feud between Raven and CM Punk, in which one show ended with Raven handcuffing Punk to the ring ropes and making him drink a beer (CM Punk's gimmick is that he's got a superiority complex b/c he's straight edge). Having grown up around countless people just like Raven and Punk in that scenario, I found it to be realistic, enthralling, hilarious, and totally legitimate in what it tried to convey.

Don't get me wrong, the storylines aren't always great, or even there. The wrestling, though, is fantastic. Just fuckin' fantastic.

[quote name='kittie']TNA will be on Spike in October. :) I still refuse to take them as serious competition, though. :p

I have to think the roster split is ending... I don't see how Vince can get another network to give him 2 primetime hours per week.[/QUOTE]

Well..my money is tight and I feel no need to pay $50-80 for Cable TV every month- especially since I hardly watch any tv as it is. So if Wrestling moves to Cable; Thats pretty much the end of my viewing habit.

Comcast can kiss my ass.

Well, Ivory is gone:

[quote name='WWE.com']

Ivory’s television contract not renewed

Ivory’s World Wrestling Entertainment television contract will not be renewed. She will make her final appearance on The WWE Experience this weekend. WWE wishes Ivory well and hopes to work with her again in the near future.[/quote]

This is WWE for you. Keep the sluts, and get rid of the actual WORKERS.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']That's WWE for you!

That is pretty messed up though, when you consider how long he's been with the company. Somewhere Bret Hart is smiling for the first time in almost 8 years.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's how Vince and Brett finally reconciled!!! (I heard that Brett Hart will be a unlockable "legend" in DoR2.):lol:

[quote name='MorbidAngel4Life']Just wondering, but why hasn't this one been locked? Is it because Zl hasn't been on?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself.

I concur with Myke about ROH.

I went to their show here, and it was a blast... and I'm not even a big workrate fan. The matches are 100x more exciting than most WWE crap, and these workers just love the business. Plus, I got to talk to Jack Evans for a while. :)

[quote name='kittie']I concur with Myke about ROH.

I went to their show here, and it was a blast... and I'm not even a big workrate fan. The matches are 100x more exciting than most WWE crap, and these workers just love the business. Plus, I got to talk to Jack Evans for a while. :)[/QUOTE]

Hmm. Looks like tapes may have to be the way to go. With the exception of a few of the Ohio dates, getting to New York or Philly from Detroit (even via Canada), doesn't seem that great an idea to just go to an ROH house show. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back