Demolition's wrestling topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='smellhasreturned'];( http://damnyoufcc.ytmnd.com/[/QUOTE]

Eh, that's kind of weak. The songs only even vaguely topical.
I mean, really... if you're not going to have the link in the photo active, just crop it out. It takes like 5 seconds... it's not that hard. :bomb:

I'm hoping Hassan goes totally over the top at SummerSlam before ending this gimmick.

But, likely, Taker will just squash him, like he always does with everyone. Yawn.

[quote name='kittie']I'm hoping Hassan goes totally over the top at SummerSlam before ending this gimmick.

But, likely, Taker will just squash him, like he always does with everyone. Yawn.[/QUOTE]

It would be interesting if WWE just went absolutely batshit insane and had him come in with a prop bomb wrapped around him. They would get blasted by the news, and maybe just be dropped by UPN, but the word of mouth spun off of it would be huge.

[quote name='kittie']Not to be mean, but DOR2 movies are kinda disappointing.

Edge walking to the ring was almost laughable.

I don't really care about that though... just hope it's a fun wrestling game. I only have XBox, and I'm suffering. I'd get a GC if DOR2 is any good.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you've played the first DoR, but it is definitely the best wrestling game since No Mercy. But I don't think it is worth the price of a GCN by itself (but there are so many games that are...). Right now, you can probably still snag a copy of DoR at CC for $9.99.

[quote name='kittie']Better yet, have Hassan pretend to be an airplane blowing up a building. And say JIHAD, a lot.[/QUOTE]

So what, they set up two tall stacks of grey boxes, and Hassan jumps from a turnbuckle into them?
Damn, think of the heel heat that THAT would generate. Wow.
I mean, that would probably inspire death threats.

Yea DOR is pretty good but its mostly button mashing when you get knocked down which gets kinda annoying. Thats my only gripe with the game because everything else kicks ass

[quote name='JSweeney']So what, they set up two tall stacks of grey boxes, and Hassan jumps from a turnbuckle into them?
Damn, think of the heel heat that THAT would generate. Wow.
I mean, that would probably inspired death threats.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever read the death threat to hassan from some crazy fan ?

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Have you ever read the death threat to hassan from some crazy fan ?[/QUOTE]

No. Have a link? Sounds interesting.

Fan Threatens To Kill Two WWE Wrestlers
News— Brian Cantor @ 12:47 am
A very disturbing develoment

In a double-edged sword development that undoubtedly frightens WWE, while also validating the heel heat of Hassan and Daivari, one fan on a pro wrestling message board has blurred the line between fiction and reality. He issued a threat to Shawn Daivari’s life:

“Hey, Davari (sic) you and Hassan are going to be sorry you sand n-gger piles of sh–. After what I saw on TV last weeekend, I have made a decision that if you and Hassan come anywhere within 300 miles of where I am you stupid assclowns who s— off f–ing camels and wants seconds, I will be more then (sic) glad to empty three full clips from my 9MM glock into your punk ass. If you and Hassan don’t like the USA then do us Americans all a f–ing favor and leave the USA muthaf—er before someone sends you home to the Middle East in a f—ing casket you stupid son of a f—ing bitch. How dare you talk sh– about the American soldier you stupid f–… So please come within 300 miles so I can buy front row ringside tix for me and my 15 friends and then when you and Hassan come to the ring talking sh–, security won’t be able to stop us and we are going to take your candy asses out for good and so what if we go to jail.”

Shawn Daivari later responded to the threat:

“You have to wait till we get within 300 miles of you before you hop the rail and kick our asses?! Any real American patriot would be willing to drive at least 302 miles.”

Daivari has also suggested, however, that he is not playing a 100% fictional character, and that Arab-Americans are legitimately discriminated against in the US on a daily basis.

http://www.fhwrestling.com/home/2005/01/19/fan-threatens-to-kill-two-wwe-wrestlers/

[quote name='JSweeney']It would be interesting if WWE just went absolutely batshit insane and had him come in with a prop bomb wrapped around him. They would get blasted by the news, and maybe just be dropped by UPN, but the word of mouth spun off of it would be huge.[/QUOTE]

*pictures the Uruk Hai with bombs strapped to their backs in LoTR:TTA*:lol:

[quote name='kittie']
Better yet, have Hassan pretend to be an airplane blowing up a building. And say JIHAD, a lot.
[/QUOTE]

*pictures Hassan flying in on a zip line with his arms stretched out to the side, making a sound like a jet before crashing into Taker head first and going for the pin*

:rofl:

One could only hope. I wish they would keep his character somehow. And I wish that people didn't have to be so PC. I'm partially of German decent, but I don't consider myself a Nazi. I know plenty of Arabs. And they don't sympathize or condone terrorist activities. I have never looked at an Arab and said, "Oh look, there goes a terrorist." Terrorists are killing other Arabs right now too. They don't differentiate. I don't see why the media has to go all crazy over this. There are all kinds of people in the world. You can't avoid it. I don't see CBS banning the CBS Evening News for showing amateur video of the Egypt bombing. But they go crazy on WWE...:bomb:

It's entertainment! Arabs watch the show too. And I haven't heard any complaints from them (of course, I don't know every Arab-American...:roll: )...

[quote name='kittie']Better yet, have Hassan pretend to be an airplane blowing up a building. And say JIHAD, a lot.[/QUOTE]

* Can just see it now. At the beginning of the show, Tazz & Cole say that Hassan's late due to a flight delay. Then when the time for the match rolls around, Hassan comes out like he's flying and crashes into the entrance way, totally destroying it.

It's a PPV, so they could get away with anything.

Did anyone else catch Velocity? Did Danny Doring have "Muffin Ass" on the back of his tights or did I just misread it?

[quote name='smellhasreturned']Daivari has also suggested, however, that he is not playing a 100% fictional character, and that Arab-Americans are legitimately discriminated against in the US on a daily basis.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Daivari's such a champion for Arab-Americans everywhere. I used to think all brown people were terrorists, including sicilians named Mark. Having watched the intellectually stimulating portrayal of Arab-Americans on WWE tv has enlightened me that they are not all terrorists. But they are all bad people, who should be destroyed because they hate America.

Dude, Daivari's heart picks up every time he gets to cash his WWE check. His job was to make people hate him, and part of the reason he was to be hated was because he got on the mic and screamed some nonsense in Farsi, and because he's a brown person. Do you hate JBL because he's white? Does it have anything to do with his character? Hassan and Daivari make their money getting people to boo them because they play Arabs.

Hassan and Daivari, as characters, are upset because of the discrimination they experienced in America post-9/11. Is that legit? For Daivari, that's probably a certainty, since he's ethnically legit anyway. The thing is, he can defend his job all he wants, but he's lying to himself. He's not doing anything except reminded good red-blooded Americans that they're supposed to hate Arabs.

Was it smell who pointed out the absurdity in Hassan/Daivari wrestling Regal/Tajiri, and the crowd chanting "USA!" as a means of expressing support for the British and the Japanese people, and to irritate the two guys from Detroit? That's what I'm talking about.

Daivari's a slave to the color green, at the expense of his dignity. And, in all reality, what could be more American than that?

I'd love to see how people would react to Hassan being placed in the FBI, assuming that Vito and Nunzio reform it. At least he'd have a reason for being there.

It wouldn't be the first time that someone in entertainment had to take a role they didn't like so they didn't have to work at McDonald's. That's the problem when you don't have a real competitor to go to like WCW. If you are a wrestler and the best money you can make is in WWE then what else could they do? At least they weren't dong anything illegal.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']It wouldn't be the first time that someone in entertainment had to take a role they didn't like so they didn't have to work at McDonald's. That's the problem when you don't have a real competitor to go to like WCW. If you are a wrestler and the best money you can make is in WWE then what else could they do? At least they weren't dong anything illegal.[/QUOTE]

I don't have a problem that they did it. I have a problem that Daivari did it *and* acts as if his actions aren't hurting perceptions of Arab-Americans, because he is one.

He can do what he wants. But don't try that pitiful lie on me; your continued employment as a WWE wrestler, to this point, has been contingent upon roles and storylines that serve to reinforce racial and ethnic stereotypes. It makes me want to go watch Spike Lee's Bamboozled.

The Shane twins, who were the Johnsons in early TNA, own the "copyright" to the name "Mike Shane" (which means it could be a copyright, rather than his given name). Now that they're in WWE (you saw them a few weeks ago as the "Not Terrorists" carrying Daivari out), I can only think that either the Shanes want to protect their copyright, or WWE pressured them to do so.

"Matt Bentley" is kind of a crappy name, admittedly, for a wrestler.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I was wondering that myself.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that too... my apologies for not making the topic before I left for the weekend, but I'm back now and a new topic will be up in the next 5 minutes.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I was wondering that too... my apologies for not making the topic before I left for the weekend, but I'm back now and a new topic will be up in the next 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Just glad you are alive and well man! We could have made the topic ourselves but it wouldn't have been the same!

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']I was wondering that too... my apologies for not making the topic before I left for the weekend, but I'm back now and a new topic will be up in the next 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

And nearly 20 minutes later, we're still waiting..

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Just glad you are alive and well man! We could have made the topic ourselves but it wouldn't have been the same![/QUOTE]

:) Thanks, new topic is up!

[quote name='mykevermin']I don't have a problem that they did it. I have a problem that Daivari did it *and* acts as if his actions aren't hurting perceptions of Arab-Americans, because he is one.

He can do what he wants. But don't try that pitiful lie on me; your continued employment as a WWE wrestler, to this point, has been contingent upon roles and storylines that serve to reinforce racial and ethnic stereotypes. It makes me want to go watch Spike Lee's Bamboozled.[/QUOTE]

Daivari has said on his site that he doesn't like the character he's doing. But, that's the wrestling business... every worker gets saddled with some retarded gimmick throughout their career. Especially in WWE land, which doesn't even hide their disgusting racist stereotypes. If Daivari just up and quits because of this... where does he go? He'd be blackballed in the business. Very unfair... but that's how the scummy wrestling business is.

And, if anyone has a lesser view of Arabs because of a WRESTLING CHARACTER, then those people are idiots.

And, I actually thought WWE was handling the Hassan/Daivari gimmick well until the stupid incident... it really did show how ridiculous US fans are about Arab-Americans. The best kind of heels are ones who think they are right, and deep down, we know they have a point.

WWE just went way over the line by basically recreating Nick Berg's beheading. It's not that I'm offended... but WWE is supposed to be an escape, not a reminder of these horrible things. Plus, it made zero sense with Hassan's character.

I don't care if it's an arm-lock, ankle-lock, or hell even the master-lock, but this topic needs one. No one wants a random wrestling topic revived years later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back