Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

[quote name='io'] I still need to do the black CT eventst.[/QUOTE]

I have a foe's ring (all rings) if you want to hold any. I am in my ++ now to get some spells.

Anyone have a blueblood or insanity catalyst yet I could hold? Sorry for the redundancy! Not really wanting to run into a +++ :lol:

I just beat my first playthrough... Needed to summon three phantoms to kill the boss of 1-4 (the only time I got help)

I started the NG+ instantly got invaded by a guy who I could take pretty easily except he kept healing so I summoned a blue phantom who showed up to get a final blow. Since it was pure white I decided to go for Miralda (I only fought her as a phantom the last time). Anyway, in the meantime another BP shows up and gets to me right as I'm fighting her. I tried to quit the game before my death, but I don't know if I could (I'll see tomorrow). The worst part is I probably should have just suicided in the nexus and kept the white tendency to go through dragonless...

My real fear is that the BP killed the guy I need to save and I will go through another playthrough without being able to get to old king doran...

[quote name='happy']My real fear is that the BP killed the guy I need to save and I will go through another playthrough without being able to get to old king doran...[/QUOTE]
Phantoms can't interact with your friendly NPCs; they show up as white phantoms to them.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I have a foe's ring (all rings) if you want to hold any. I am in my ++ now to get some spells.

Anyone have a blueblood or insanity catalyst yet I could hold? Sorry for the redundancy! Not really wanting to run into a +++ :lol:[/QUOTE]

What level are you at? I forget exactly where I am but it is around 140-150 now.
If we can match up (within 25 levels) I'd love to borrow that there ring ;). Let me know soon as otherwise I'm going to do the black CT stuff next as I want to do it at the end of this playthrough so I can finish it off and start anew with the NPC's back again.

I won't have those two weapons until my 4th playtrhough but if we are still in contact then (in terms of levels) you would be more than welcome to borrow them.

[quote name='io']What level are you at? I forget exactly where I am but it is around 140-150 now.
If we can match up (within 25 levels) I'd love to borrow that there ring ;). Let me know soon as otherwise I'm going to do the black CT stuff next as I want to do it at the end of this playthrough so I can finish it off and start anew with the NPC's back again.

I won't have those two weapons until my 4th playtrhough but if we are still in contact then (in terms of levels) you would be more than welcome to borrow them.[/QUOTE]

I think I am close to there... I actually don't know for sure. But I would say I am 135-145. In that range.

[quote name='Jodou']Phantoms can't interact with your friendly NPCs; they show up as white phantoms to them.[/QUOTE]

Well that's a relief, now I just need to decide if it's worth trying to save him or not (the pure clearstone is tempting)

wow guys I have been a bit distracted with MW2...
I need to finish this however.

I wonder in 2-3 years how many blue phantoms you will even run into..

Kind of a bummer really..

Just got done rolling through 1-2 with io. Fun stuff. Took down the dragon, big thanks for that. I pull out my sweet bow only to discover 0 arrows. I hate shooting it with magic. Had to anyways. Went right on through to the boss. No problems.

I am just now learning how to play with a spear. It is very different (love all the styles in the game).

Hope that ring and shield helped!

[quote name='Saint Noir']Just got done rolling through 1-2 with io. Fun stuff. Took down the dragon, big thanks for that. I pull out my sweet bow only to discover 0 arrows. I hate shooting it with magic. Had to anyways. Went right on through to the boss. No problems.

I am just now learning how to play with a spear. It is very different (love all the styles in the game).

Hope that ring and shield helped![/QUOTE]

Ah, I was wondering why you were chucking soul arrows at it ;).

But yeah, it was helpful - got 2 more trophies!

I went on to do 1-4 in my NG+ and got to the blue dragon and realized I didn't have enough arrows to shoot him from afar (and I even bought more when I went back from your game). I got him down to a tiny bit and then decided to run for it. After a couple of screwups and being saved by my second chance spell I made it up there with little problem. If you just run along the right side (but don't get hung up on that statue - d'oh!) then you can make it easily. The problem is that I was out of arrows and nearly out of magic. I used all my spices and tried hitting him with soul arrow and got killed TWO more times (brought back by second chance each time) because, apparently, soul arrow makes you step forward. Soul ray, on the other hand, makes you go back so use that one there! Still, I have a very hard time telling if I hit him or not as his health bar shows up whether I fire or not. I am now downstairs while my magic regenerates with the fragrant ring. Then hopefully when I go back up I can finish him off (and pray that the server connection didn't reset). I really want Biorr's loot and it is sitting there in the flames right now!

Yep, like 3 more soul rays and he was toast... But then I had to go farm the black phantom octopus men at the end of world 3 to get some more spices back (and gained another level in the process - right around 150 now).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']But then I had to go farm the black phantom octopus men at the end of world 3 to get some more spices back (and gained another level in the process - right around 150 now).[/QUOTE]

You probably already knew this, but you can buy both kinds of spice from the Formal Royal's Wife in 3-1. Guess it's the true CAG way to farm, though, and that's certainly a great place to do it.

[quote name='salty tbone']You probably already knew this, but you can buy both kinds of spice from the Formal Royal's Wife in 3-1. Guess it's the true CAG way to farm, though, and that's certainly a great place to do it.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah, 4 or 5 runs in, which only take a minute or two, and I get a bunch of spices plus another character level. It would take almost that long just to get to the FRW - though you'd probably get spices from the regular octopus men on the way. I actually didn't know she was the one who sold them, but I knew someone did. I may go there later to buy more as I'm always low on those (whereas the healing herbs I have 99 of nearly all of them with Thomas and full stock of a few on my charactter - I often can't pick up any more of them!).

[quote name='io']
I went on to do 1-4 in my NG+ and got to the blue dragon and realized I didn't have enough arrows to shoot him from afar (and I even bought more when I went back from your game). I got him down to a tiny bit and then decided to run for it. After a couple of screwups and being saved by my second chance spell I made it up there with little problem. If you just run along the right side (but don't get hung up on that statue - d'oh!) then you can make it easily. [/QUOTE]

Io, quick question: did you run along the right until you found the 'safe spot' talked about in the guide or did you run along the right and then get underneath the blue dragon, attacking from the doorway?
On my first playthough, I somehow got through running up the left and then just shot him with soul ray from behind. On NG+ though, I keep getting wiped out before I get all the way up the stairs. I've blown through NG+ without any difficulties until now at level 130, but I got frustrated after getting burnt to a crisp 6 times in a row trying to find this safe spot along the right.

[quote name='io']But then I had to go farm the black phantom octopus men at the end of world 3 to get some more spices back[/QUOTE]
You do realize the woman in 3-1 sells those, right?

You guys really should invest in being able to use the purple or brushwood shield. Makes getting past the 1-4 dragon a breeze.

[quote name='Jodou']You guys really should invest in being able to use the purple or brushwood shield. Makes getting past the 1-4 dragon a breeze.[/QUOTE]

Are they better than my dark silver shield? As long as something blocks physical 100% I haven't been keeping track of much else.

[quote name='happy']Are they better than my dark silver shield? As long as something blocks physical 100% I haven't been keeping track of much else.[/QUOTE]
The brushwood blocks 100% of fire damage, so you can eat an entire flame breath and only stagger. I think the purple only prevents 90%, though.

[quote name='io']Well, yeah, 4 or 5 runs in, which only take a minute or two, and I get a bunch of spices plus another character level. It would take almost that long just to get to the FRW - though you'd probably get spices from the regular octopus men on the way.[/QUOTE]

Actually, all you need to do is run up the stairs, kill an unarmed dude, run outside, kill a octo man, run in the other side to the FRW (you can run past the second octo man). The route takes a minute as long as you already unlocked the doors on that level. Just another option. After 120+ hours, I've gotten a little burned out on farming and am happy to just pay for what I want. :)

[quote name='happy']Are they better than my dark silver shield? As long as something blocks physical 100% I haven't been keeping track of much else.[/QUOTE]

The purple and brushwood have 90% and 100% fire resistance. The dark silver has 70%. My main shield is the silver, but when you know you'll be facing a dragon ... ;)

Edit: Jodou beat me to it.

Who can give a little guidance on 2-3? I've been "punched" to oblivion a number of times now....think Rocky in any of his movies...maybe the KO by Clubber Lang would be best. Just need a little guidance...should I be poking those big dragon claws? I feel like I am a pull-string doll who is stuck on the same sentence over and over and.....

Did get some help getting through 4-2 though....I'm not too fond of that level. While I could've probably taken down old blind eye without help, it would have take a long time with my arrows to do that.....and it did not help that I was wearing the wrong rings (the ones for 2-3 still).

What is the best use for the colorless demon souls? I have 2 now....Adjudicator shield? White Bow? Any weapon worth throwing them on?

Think I've finally hit 60...have all of 5, 4-3, 3-3, 2-3 and the remaining two in the first one to do.

Sorry...one more question - the Dark Silver Shield.....what do I need to do to get that? Been running around with the Adjuctor or Purple Shield.

Thanks!!!

[quote name='jmbreci']What is the best use for the colorless demon souls? I have 2 now....Adjudicator shield? White Bow? Any weapon worth throwing them on?

Sorry...one more question - the Dark Silver Shield.....what do I need to do to get that? Been running around with the Adjuctor or Purple Shield.[/QUOTE]
Adjudicator is trash; I'd throw it away. The health regen does not stack with spells/rings, so you end up with less defense for a worthless attribute. White Bow is the best in the game after you get it to +5, eclipsing the Lava Bow +5. Only upgrade that if you plan on staying ranged, though.

Dark Silver Shield is a drop only if you kill the boss Garl Vinland in 5-3. It is the best shield in the game versus magic users.

[quote name='Jodou']White Bow is the best in the game after you get it to +5, eclipsing the Lava Bow +5. Only upgrade that if you plan on staying ranged, though.[/QUOTE]

Sticky Compund Long Bow +5 is the best if you have decent dexterity. It has the best modifier in regards to this (S), nothing else really comes close. If you have low dex, then the other bows are good.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Sticky Compund Long Bow +5 is the best if you have decent dexterity. It has the best modifier in regards to this (S), nothing else really comes close. If you have low dex, then the other bows are good.[/QUOTE]
It depends on whether you want the added range or not, but it's true the viscous box does eventually overshadow the white bow in damage. That's only if he goes 99 into Dex, though.

Joduo,

White Bow is the best in the game after you get it to +5, eclipsing the Lava Bow +5. Only upgrade that if you plan on staying ranged, though.

Wrong I do believe. There is another better bow.

The viscious doenst exist in our game but its the sticky compound...

*edit just realize thats been mentioned. The sticky is stronger at a lower level (dex) I do believe... Maybe I should look into that.

[quote name='Jodou']It depends on whether you want the added range or not, but it's true the viscous box does eventually overshadow the white bow in damage. That's only if he goes 99 into Dex, though.[/QUOTE]

What does White Bow +5 add? I've never bothered because the Wiki and official guide give practically the same stats as the base (Range 75, Dmg 100, Str E, Dex E). The only upgrade I can see is to Dex D with first colorless demon soul. Doesn't seem right.

For me, the benefits of the sticky +5 passed the white bow pretty quickly (maybe even by the time I got my Dex to 24 just to use the white bow). Now I have 62 Dex and have 373 attack with my sticky +5 and a heavy arrow. It is 232 with the white bow (238 if I upgraded it to +1) and a heavy arrow.

I haven't felt handicapped by the shorter range.

Jodou - no, I appreciate everyone's input. So, get my Long Bow to the Stick +5.....got it at +3 now....using the White Bow at the moment, as it is better than my Quality Compound Short Bow.

Got 30 dex and roughly 27 str. Got the dex to 30 because I ASAP because I like ranged and know that you get max bonus up to 30 for ranged with dex. Not sure where I'm going next...maybe more STR...who knows.

What is everyone using their colorless DS on? I see not to use it on the Adjudicator Shield...really I knew that....the other shield I have is the Brushwood and the Purple Shield.

[quote name='jmbreci']What is everyone using their colorless DS on? I see not to use it on the Adjudicator Shield...really I knew that....the other shield I have is the Brushwood and the Purple Shield.[/QUOTE]
Brushwood is the best melee/fire shield in the game IMO. Blocks 100% of both and has a block rating of 75 when fully upgraded. It's the most well balanced for every encounter.

[quote name='coolz481']Io, quick question: did you run along the right until you found the 'safe spot' talked about in the guide or did you run along the right and then get underneath the blue dragon, attacking from the doorway?
On my first playthough, I somehow got through running up the left and then just shot him with soul ray from behind. On NG+ though, I keep getting wiped out before I get all the way up the stairs. I've blown through NG+ without any difficulties until now at level 130, but I got frustrated after getting burnt to a crisp 6 times in a row trying to find this safe spot along the right.[/QUOTE]

I thought the "safe spot" was the doorway - then you just shoot him from there, right? I just waited for his right-to-left fire breathing (which is followed by a left-to-right one) and ran up the stairs to the door, no problem. I didn't know it was so easy - no messing around with shields and stuff. It was really hard to tell if I was damaging him from the doorway though. Is there a better place?

[quote name='Jodou']You guys really should invest in being able to use the purple or brushwood shield. Makes getting past the 1-4 dragon a breeze.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've had the purple shield fully upgraded for my last 80+ hours of gameplay ;). How does it help, though? The fire pretty much comes all around you and based on how if you are even just a tiny bit off center from the exploding lights in 2-2 you get wiped out I didn't even want to try that. Just running worked fine though. This time I got Biorr's stuff - didn't realize it was another set of Brushwood stuff. Now I have 3 sets ;).

[quote name='jmbreci']Who can give a little guidance on 2-3? I've been "punched" to oblivion a number of times now....think Rocky in any of his movies...maybe the KO by Clubber Lang would be best. Just need a little guidance...should I be poking those big dragon claws? I feel like I am a pull-string doll who is stuck on the same sentence over and over and.....

Did get some help getting through 4-2 though....I'm not too fond of that level. While I could've probably taken down old blind eye without help, it would have take a long time with my arrows to do that.....and it did not help that I was wearing the wrong rings (the ones for 2-3 still).

What is the best use for the colorless demon souls? I have 2 now....Adjudicator shield? White Bow? Any weapon worth throwing them on?[/QUOTE]

I've asked repeatedly what I should be using the colorless souls on. I have 8 now. I may upgrade Istarelle to +5 and use that on my NG++ in the swamps - will really help keep the poisoning to a minimum.

As for 2-3, you mean the Dragon God? You do not fight his claws. You just need to knock down the pillars/rubble blocking your way from a safe spot (fairly easy to do using soul arrow though the aiming can be tricky) and then move on to the next safe spot. Then you get to two things that shoot him and take most of his health away. Then you can just finish him off with arrows or spells (or probably melee though I never bothered with that). It is one of the easier bosses in the game once you know what to do. The trickier part is doing it without scaring away the 2 geckos you come across. The first you can just run up and fight - the dragon will not get you right there.

[quote name='Jodou']Adjudicator is trash; I'd throw it away. The health regen does not stack with spells/rings, so you end up with less defense for a worthless attribute. White Bow is the best in the game after you get it to +5, eclipsing the Lava Bow +5. Only upgrade that if you plan on staying ranged, though.

Dark Silver Shield is a drop only if you kill the boss Garl Vinland in 5-3. It is the best shield in the game versus magic users.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - maybe I should upgrade the dark silver shield... Dunno.

[quote name='Saint Noir']Sticky Compund Long Bow +5 is the best if you have decent dexterity. It has the best modifier in regards to this (S), nothing else really comes close. If you have low dex, then the other bows are good.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='salty tbone']What does White Bow +5 add? I've never bothered because the Wiki and official guide give practically the same stats as the base (Range 75, Dmg 100, Str E, Dex E). The only upgrade I can see is to Dex D with first colorless demon soul. Doesn't seem right.

For me, the benefits of the sticky +5 passed the white bow pretty quickly (maybe even by the time I got my Dex to 24 just to use the white bow). Now I have 62 Dex and have 373 attack with my sticky +5 and a heavy arrow. It is 232 with the white bow (238 if I upgraded it to +1) and a heavy arrow.

I haven't felt handicapped by the shorter range.[/QUOTE]

So is the consensus that the sticky compound +5 is the best with decent Dexterity? I don't have the lava bow (can make it next playthrough), and the white seemed fairly weak, though I didn't know what upgrading it would do. But I have Dex in the 40's now and get a huge bonus based off that.

Jodou - the Brushwood stuff all seems great, but it is WAY WAY WAY too heavy. Honestly, I don't see how anyone uses anything but the assassin/sage stuff. I just recently was able to go with the full sage outfit and that was after upping my endurance quite a bit to be able to equip the final piece (the gloves). Keep in mind, I think rolling is essential, so I keep my equip burden at 1/2. But I always think I have better uses for my levels than putting the TON I'd need in endurance to use other armor. But it seems every blue/black phantom I run across is wearing heavy armor. I don't get it.

Early on I did make sure I could roll with the following all equipped: winged spear, purple flame shield, catalyst, and compound long bow. I guess I could use heavier armor if I unequipped the bow when not using it, but I like to be able to switch rapidly.

And Saint Noir - what is it that you changed into there at the end? It was some sort of gladiator looking armor. I've never seen that!? You had the assassin's mask along with it but what was the rest?

[quote name='io']
So is the consensus that the sticky compound +5 is the best with decent Dexterity? I don't have the lava bow (can make it next playthrough), and the white seemed fairly weak, though I didn't know what upgrading it would do. But I have Dex in the 40's now and get a huge bonus based off that.

And Saint Noir - what is it that you changed into there at the end? It was some sort of gladiator looking armor. I've never seen that!? You had the assassin's mask along with it but what was the rest?[/QUOTE]

With a DEX 40 a +5 Sticky Com. Long Bow would be your best bet by far. IMO. A booster rating of S with that high of DEX will be killer.

I was just wearing an assassins mask with black leather gloves and leggings (I think, I change these sometimes) and the armor was Old King Doran's breastplate.

[quote name='Saint Noir']With a DEX 40 a +5 Sticky Com. Long Bow would be your best bet by far. IMO. A booster rating of S with that high of DEX will be killer.

I was just wearing an assassins mask with black leather gloves and leggings (I think, I change these sometimes) and the armor was Old King Doran's breastplate.[/QUOTE]

Ah, it was the breastplate then... I may try to level up my endurance enough to wear part of that - maybe go back to the assassin's/black leather stuff to make up for it. But that may just even things out.

You have to admit one thing about this game - it is fairly balanced. There really is no overwhelmingly awesome piece of equipment or weapon to get a hold of. And even the things that seem great on the surface have their drawbacks (like the heaviness of the brushwood armor, etc).

I wanted to buy this game, but I was wondering when you level up, can you ever get so powerful that you just blow away enemies easily? Or does level scaling?

also: would you reccommend this game if you don't always have a lot of time to play, is it good for short instances?

[quote name='orbit18']I wanted to buy this game, but I was wondering when you level up, can you ever get so powerful that you just blow away enemies easily? Or does level scaling?

also: would you reccommend this game if you don't always have a lot of time to play, is it good for short instances?[/QUOTE]

You can never just button mash your way through, but don't be put off by those saying how hard the game is. You can level up to a degree where you can make mistakes every now and then and survive most of the time. Plus, once you know the layout of the levels and enemies, it becomes infinitely easier. I was worried about the all the comments about NG+, but as I stated in an earlier post, I've had no troubles at all (except for the blue dragon). If you're willing to put in the time and learn the melee combat, it's a really rewarding game.

[quote name='orbit18']I wanted to buy this game, but I was wondering when you level up, can you ever get so powerful that you just blow away enemies easily? Or does level scaling?

also: would you reccommend this game if you don't always have a lot of time to play, is it good for short instances?[/QUOTE]

It's fine for playing in short bursts as long as you don't mind not accomplishing anything. Most levels can be beaten in a half hour or so, but you'll probably die a few times on the way. It also constantly saves so you can turn it off at any point you want.

Jodou - the Brushwood stuff all seems great, but it is WAY WAY WAY too heavy. Honestly, I don't see how anyone uses anything but the assassin/sage stuff. I just recently was able to go with the full sage outfit and that was after upping my endurance quite a bit to be able to equip the final piece (the gloves). Keep in mind, I think rolling is essential, so I keep my equip burden at 1/2. But I always think I have better uses for my levels than putting the TON I'd need in endurance to use other armor. But it seems every blue/black phantom I run across is wearing heavy armor. I don't get it.

Your not the only one.. I cant tell you how many times I have helped at the blind boss level 4-2 and watched fully equipped heavy armor people move in... I just dont know how to play as a tank I guess. I prefer the mobility.

[quote name='io']Well, I've had the purple shield fully upgraded for my last 80+ hours of gameplay ;). How does it help, though? The fire pretty much comes all around you and based on how if you are even just a tiny bit off center from the exploding lights in 2-2 you get wiped out I didn't even want to try that. Just running worked fine though. This time I got Biorr's stuff - didn't realize it was another set of Brushwood stuff. Now I have 3 sets ;).

Jodou - the Brushwood stuff all seems great, but it is WAY WAY WAY too heavy. Honestly, I don't see how anyone uses anything but the assassin/sage stuff. I just recently was able to go with the full sage outfit and that was after upping my endurance quite a bit to be able to equip the final piece (the gloves). Keep in mind, I think rolling is essential, so I keep my equip burden at 1/2. But I always think I have better uses for my levels than putting the TON I'd need in endurance to use other armor. But it seems every blue/black phantom I run across is wearing heavy armor. I don't get it.[/QUOTE]
I only use the shield from the set; never said the armor. If you visit the Pantheon, you can see what I wear. I should be #11 in most souls collected; just look for RaidenTR.

As for blocking the dragon flame buffet, just face him. It only hits you once and gives you plenty of time to recover for the run up.

[quote name='happy']It's fine for playing in short bursts as long as you don't mind not accomplishing anything. Most levels can be beaten in a half hour or so, but you'll probably die a few times on the way. It also constantly saves so you can turn it off at any point you want.[/QUOTE]

That's good news for me, too, cause I can't have long gaming sessions anymore. However, I thought one of the early complaints I read about the game was lack of save points and loss of progress?

[quote name='Backlash']That's good news for me, too, cause I can't have long gaming sessions anymore. However, I thought one of the early complaints I read about the game was lack of save points and loss of progress?[/QUOTE]

That complaint is that when you die you start at the beginning of the level, but it constantly saves.

[quote name='Jodou']Brushwood is the best melee/fire shield in the game IMO. Blocks 100% of both and has a block rating of 75 when fully upgraded. It's the most well balanced for every encounter.[/QUOTE]

It's so heavy. I'm thinking it's not worth getting until after you at least finish NG if you're not going the melee/STR route.

[quote name='gunm']Unfortunately, it's incredibly heavy, even for what it does. I realize this doesn't matter the higher level/higher NG you go, though.[/QUOTE]
Well, it is a large shield lol. I had no problems wielding it with the Ancient King's set and still be able to roll quickly, but I also use Large Sword of Moonlight which weighs like a feather. Most of these guys are like 100-150, so unless they didn't upgrade their endurance to at least 40 (big mistake) it shouldn't be hard to find a good setup.

I always have a hard time figuring out where to take my chars in these level up RPGs. Right now I'm going the Magic route (still not finished w/NG).

[quote name='Jodou']Well, it is a large shield lol. I had no problems wielding it with the Ancient King's set and still be able to roll quickly, but I also use Large Sword of Moonlight which weighs like a feather. Most of these guys are like 100-150, so unless they didn't upgrade their endurance to at least 40 (big mistake) it shouldn't be hard to find a good setup.[/QUOTE]

Why is that a big mistake? I'm around 150 but my Endurance is 20 at best. I just find so many other things I'd rather upgrade. In fact, you suggested earlier to increase Vitality so I've been doing that a bit (still in the low 20's). But mostly I've gone with Dexterity (for bow power), Intelligence (to increase MP and spell slots - still want to get to 40 on that as I think I get 6 slots then), Magic (for power on both spells and increased attack from my moon winged spear), and Faith (for miracle power, magic defense, and increased attack from talisman of beasts). I've stopped on strength at 32 or so because I don't seem to get much from that any more. After I get Intelligence to 40 I'll probably go all out on Vitality, but maybe I'll start doing some Endurance too. The thing is, I don't see myself gaining too many more levels through 2 more playthroughs if I just get to the bosses ASAP.

I love leveling endurance as I like the extra stamina points and equip burden. Also, the added resistances is nice.

Even playing to never get hit, I like being able to roll all I want and attack a lot without running out of green bar.

I have pumped that and magic the most recently. I would like to get my DEX up higher now.

This is one of the few games where I actually find myself wanting to level pretty much everything. I even started putting a few points into luck... Endurance seems to do so much though, it has recently taken on more importance. Although now I'm trying to get my faith up to 24 so I can use the moonlight sword - I'm going physical for the NG+ playthrough as much as I can and avoiding shields just seems useful.

I think Jodou means if you're going to do a lot of melee, having those stats is probably a must in the early game/NG. My toon can do some melee and take some hits/roll out of harm's way but now I'm having to take a stand and really decide if I want to push Magic before completing my first playthrough.

I do like having more END, though. Having a lot of green bar is more of a psychological comfort in that I can refill it up a lot faster than my blue bar. I'm really struggling the urge to put a lot of points in there now and telling myself I can do it later.

[quote name='io']Why is that a big mistake? I'm around 150 but my Endurance is 20 at best. I just find so many other things I'd rather upgrade. In fact, you suggested earlier to increase Vitality so I've been doing that a bit (still in the low 20's). [/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saint Noir']I love leveling endurance as I like the extra stamina points and equip burden. Also, the added resistances is nice.

Even playing to never get hit, I like being able to roll all I want and attack a lot without running out of green bar.

I have pumped that and magic the most recently. I would like to get my DEX up higher now.[/QUOTE]

This would be my answer to. Of course, I leveled up endurance and ignored vitality (with the strategy of not getting hit) and faith (once I reached a certain number of slots). I think if you plan on doing a lot of melee, endurance is key for the reasons Saint Noir mentioned.

Also, it's nice to be able to sprint nonstop across half the maps. :) Once you hit level 40, though, the stamina boost stops.

[quote name='io']Why is that a big mistake? I'm around 150 but my Endurance is 20 at best.[/QUOTE]
Lol, no wonder you can't block the dragon's flame buffet. Your endurance caps at 160 once you have 40 into it, so that's why I recommended getting it to at least that far. It makes a huge difference and is absolutely necessary if you're melee.

Man I stopped playing this game after I platinum'd it. There's something wrong with me, clearly. Every single game that I've platinum'd has gathered dust afterwards. Only exceptions might be Borderlands and Bioshock, I have no idea why, I'm not a huge fan of FPS's.

I should start playing this game again though, it's my goatee.

Isn't it that most game's platinums pretty much symbolize you've done all you can do with it? At least, I don't think anyone would fault you for stopping after achieving a platinum in this particular game.

bread's done
Back