Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

With Allant, you could stand at the entrance to the room and snipe him with a bow without having to take any risk.

No Demon’s Souls 2 In Development For PS4 According To Atlus

"Demon’s Souls was a PS3 exclusive that was released in the West by Atlus. As such, it has always been recognized as a game by Atlus, even though the original game was published by SCE Japan and developed by From Software. Later on, From Software moved on to making a successor with a different name and called it Dark Souls. Now it seems like there is no Demon’s Souls 2 coming for PS4, according to Atlus.

John Hardin, who works as PR manager at Atlus, has confirmed in comments on PS Blog that there is currently no Demon Souls 2 in development for the PS4.

PS Blog Exclusive: can 100% confirm there will NOT be a Demon Souls 2. : (

Contrary to some earlier reports, Sony might be actually working on a successor to Demon’s Souls, although from what we are hearing, it might be a different game with a different name. What’s more interesting is that the original director of Demon’s Soul and Dark Souls is currently working on an undisclosed project. Dark Souls 2 is going to be released soon but it is being made by a different director and published by Namco Bandai.

So while there might not be a Demon’s Souls 2, this doesn’t rule out the possibility of another “Souls” game exclusively for the PS4."

Why would they be going to Atlus for comment, they don't have any control over that. The only reason Sony didn't localize Demon's Souls as a first party game in the United States (which it was in Japan) is they didn't have any faith in it. Atlus had enough faith in it (or picked it up cheap enough, I don't know) to localize it for the US where it was quite a success. No doubt because Sony dicked them over with Demon's Souls they decided to develop a "new" IP in Dark Souls so that they could sell it multiplatform (since Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP).

Sorry if I asked this before.

If I use the stone to invite a person to help me, can they kill me if they want to be jerks?

How do I know if I can jump into someone else's game? Do I have to use my stone or will there be a "note"?

Sorry if I asked this before.

If I use the stone to invite a person to help me, can they kill me if they want to be jerks?

How do I know if I can jump into someone else's game? Do I have to use my stone or will there be a "note"?
No, they can't kill you if you summon them. Also, you have to lay your soap stone down to get into someone's game. After that, a host will activate it to summon you. It may take awhile depending on your soul level.

Last edited by a moderator:
While the host (in body form), if you select blue stone notes on the ground that will invite them into your game to coop and they cannot harm you. You probably want to stay away from red notes (though they are not very common), those are invites to enter a duel for a soul level and usually feature a gank squad on the other end.

To do coop with another host you pick a visible area (usually near the beginning of an area or right in front of the boss chamber) and then use your blue stone while in soul form, that will put down a soul sign that the people in body form can see.

Bloodborne creator reveals his favourite 'Souls' series boss

The creator behind Bloodborne has revealed that his favourite boss creature from the 'Souls' series of video games---that's Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls II, in case you didn't know---is the Old Monk from the original game.

'I'm actually fond of a great many enemies and bosses from each title," Miyazaki-san told OPM UK. "But let me weed it down to one: the Old Monk."

He added: "This boss utilised a unique (and rather experimental) multiplayer system. I remember facing a lot of opposition to realise the idea. I also designed the boss' head collar myself."
----------------------

Ah, the memories. :)

Just finished this gem.. my goodness. I had played it upon release, but my HD got corrupted mid-way through and I refused to touch it for the longest time...well, until Bloodborne got me hungry.

Debating an NG+, a totally new NG or moving on to Dark Souls and maybe coming back later...

Do whatever works for you Frisky, but I STRONGLY recommend trying to play without a guide. It makes the game much more fun. You can never recapture that feeling of exploration and not knowing what's around the corner after the first time (or at all, if you use a guide).
I know this is an old post, but I wished I did that instead of using the guide. Takes away the magic. I didn't use a guide for Bloodborne and I enjoyed the game so much more.

I know this is an old post, but I wished I did that instead of using the guide. Takes away the magic. I didn't use a guide for Bloodborne and I enjoyed the game so much more.
I bought Demon's Souls blindly on release as I was at Gamestop and they had one left that wasn't for preorder. Total impulse buy and ultimately was the best purchase ever.

I had no idea what I was getting into back then and I LOVED IT. I was so confused the whole time and I had buddies over and we would all just be confused and intrigued and just all fell in love with the game instantly. Only time I have ever looked at a guide in any of the Demon/Dark/Bloodborne was to check weapon stats. This is the epitome of a game that deserves to be played blind and with no outside help as finding the places, mechanics, items etc is half of what makes it such an amazing series.

I bought Demon's Souls blindly on release as I was at Gamestop and they had one left that wasn't for preorder. Total impulse buy and ultimately was the best purchase ever.

I had no idea what I was getting into back then and I LOVED IT. I was so confused the whole time and I had buddies over and we would all just be confused and intrigued and just all fell in love with the game instantly. Only time I have ever looked at a guide in any of the Demon/Dark/Bloodborne was to check weapon stats. This is the epitome of a game that deserves to be played blind and with no outside help as finding the places, mechanics, items etc is half of what makes it such an amazing series.
I completely agree with you on that one. I haven't played it in so long but I did send the message to have the game downloaded to my PS3. So hopefully it'll be ready by the time I get home from vacation.

Sign that a remaster is coming finally? Would make sense that they announce it at E3 to pick the fans back up for a fresh start.

I'm also still #7 or 8 (next to IRHari) in the hall of fame for souls collected. Was funny getting random messages on PSN for help all the time. ;)

Perhaps they'll announce something at PSX next week.
Completely slipped the mind; they would solidify holiday sales even moreso with a DS/DS1 remaster announcement. They've remade SotC twice now; I think they could stand to do it. ;)

Just realized next year is the 10th anniversary. . . :shock:

nvm, like every time I hear the server is going down I think there are multiplayer trophies and I check PSN and realize I am wrong and I do not need to panic except for world tendencies.
No multiplayer trophies, online just makes it slightly easier to get to pure white character tendency if you can kill enough player invaders. Otherwise you have to kill 5 certain black phantom NPCs in pure black world tendency before you kill any of their corresponding body form NPCs in pure white world tendency.

You lose access to one piece of equipment, the monk's headwrap which boosts sorcery damage, but it isn't required for a trophy. That requires a specific PvP action to acquire.

Being able to trade/dupe items was the main draw of online for trophies, since you could do it so easily. If you had a friend who got everything done already, trophy boosting was a cakewalk for whatever items you were missing still.

ahh crap, I do need to make more weapons. I didn't realize people could trade stones. I think one of them I have to do another playthrough to get the stones.

bread's done
Back