Demon's Souls - Atlus & From Software's Action RPG - October 6

you don't wanna do 1-2 till you've done 2-1, 3-1, 5-1, possibly 4-1, then 2-2

by then it shouldnt be a big deal. Its all about getting behind him, possibly by going through his legs. You have to lock on to attack his feet, but it makes dodging his attacks nay impossible. You want to disengage lock to roll dodge, then attack with the lock-on.

It helps to have something to enchant your weapon with to maximize the damage in the little windows. Once you get him to fall down, makes sure he doesn't fall on you, circle around to his head, then go to town

I want to do 2-2 next, but I hear there are some I items I should get in the PWWT area in 1-1 first that would help me out a lot. But since I can't get PWWT there (thanks for the shitty server BS on that one, From) I'm up in the air about where I should go.

I've been playing around and still can't seem to get the Soulsucker spell to work right. I can't quite get the distancing down. It is melee range, right?

[quote name='Jam424']I've been playing around and still can't seem to get the Soulsucker spell to work right. I can't quite get the distancing down. It is melee range, right?[/QUOTE]

It is so close your face can touch them pretty much... it is super short range. Best used when sneaking up behind folks.

[quote name='KingBroly']I want to do 2-2 next, but I hear there are some I items I should get in the PWWT area in 1-1 first that would help me out a lot. But since I can't get PWWT there (thanks for the shitty server BS on that one, From) I'm up in the air about where I should go.[/QUOTE]

the items you'd get in in 1-1 with PWWT is when you'd fight Miralda the executioner. You have to be black to get her weapon. White gets you her armor set, but you HAVE to be female to wear it.

You do get the Brushwood set from the same area, but its so friggin heavy its not worth doing.

actually, the best stuff you get from 1-1 is from killing old king doran. His armor set (male only) is arguably the best in the game, considering its damage and the fact theres no drawback to stamina regen. His sword is nice, but you have to have PWCT in order to really reap the benefits from it. The ring he gives you is amazing as well, but depending on your level, you probably won't stand a chance in hell

[quote name='Jam424']What Soul Level are you?[/QUOTE]

i'm soul level 23, ive been @ 1-2 for days... now and i've tried co-oping but i always end up with retards

Tower Knight is cake with a mage. If you can't seem to summon a blue phantom mage, maybe just learn Soul Arrow yourself (you should have a wooden catalyst from 1-2) and get a bunch of spice from 3-1 and try to magic him yourself?

In general, if you get stuck on a level just play a different one for awhile. You'll usually get some cool equipment or at least level up a bit and you won't feel quite so frustrated. Then you can go back. You don't even have to beat every level you play before going to another level. I suggest dipping into 4-1 and even 5-1. Get some gear, kill some enemies, then run back to the beginning so you don't lose your souls.

just started this up last night. Beat the phalanx in 1-1, upgraded and saved. Can't wait to keep playing!!! I started with a Royal, and I found 1-1 to be pretty reasonable, mostly using the Soul Arrow and being really really really cautious.

edit: Except the fucking dragon on that bridge caught me off guard! I can't wait to be able to kill him.

From what i've read, i'm best off doing 2-1,3-1,4-1, then moving on to the later sections (1-2 etc).

Does that sound right?

loving this game so far.

I found 1-2 Tower Knight to be pretty easy, if you use the environment to your advantage. Never died once to him on NG or NG+.

Now 2-2 Flamelurker is another story. Died to him many times in NG. Killed him in two tries in NG+ though.

[quote name='mang9432']From what i've read, i'm best off doing 2-1,3-1,4-1, then moving on to the later sections (1-2 etc).

Does that sound right?[/QUOTE]

No -- you're best off not reading about the game until you've played more of it, especially as a Royal. Just play.

When you feel stuck, then resort to spoiling the adventure by reading about it.

[quote name='Koggit']No -- you're best off not reading about the game until you've played more of it, especially as a Royal. Just play.

When you feel stuck, then resort to spoiling the adventure by reading about it.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i was worried about how difficult people say this game is so i looked at a guide before even playing 1-1, and it was fun, but... i just beat the boss in 2-1 and had a lot more fun just exploring and figuring out everything for myself. no more guide for me :)

I know i'm not too far in the game but it seems like people might be exaggerating the game's difficulty.

thanks for the advice.

mang9432 said:
I know i'm not too far in the game but it seems like people might be exaggerating the game's difficulty.
True about difficulty being exaggerated. The average gamer cannot adapt to the level designs and fighting mechanics of the game so they cry about it. What makes someone prevail from the average gamer is the ability to adjust your strategy to the situation at hand and to learn from your mistakes. :D

29zppva.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason the Idol's doll has been giving me a crap load of trouble. I was wondering if you put a blue stone down in a level you have already complete can someone pick it up?

okay cool so if I wanted to help someone with a level that they haven't beaten but I have its free game. Everytime I tried to help people who had not beaten certain bosses I would always sit there for 40 + min.

Hmm, well I'm not sure if you mean cooping with certain people or just helping in general. Maybe you done this, but for cooping with certain people--its best to use the PSN chat system to arrange a location to pick up/lay down a blue stone.

[quote name='gunm']Valentine's Day results are in...and Pure White won!

Sorry PBs, but it looks like a real close vote...[/QUOTE]

For the best really. Less fun to play, but harder to achieve. Easy to get black.

EDIT - Ah, nice. Doing both.

I switched to a melee character build (lv. 30ish) after finishing the first playthrough with a magician. I looked at the wiki but I was hoping to get some more help.

What are some quick melee PvP tips? Should I focus on blocking and countering or rolling with a two-handed weapon? I've been running around with a club, but I'm sure there's a better type for PvP battling.

I've been slaughtered a couple times today in grim, grueling, unfun battles where my armor and shit is broken by the end.

[quote name='Jam424']Anyone for some 5-2? I could use some help.. It's NG+ and lvl 100ish[/QUOTE]

I can't play right now unfortunately but I can offer a tip that might help.

Wear the thief's ring and sneak by the first two sets of giant trolls, if they are giving you trouble. Just walk slowly and stay as far away from them as you can and they won't notice you.

BTW anyone who wants to add me on PSN feel free: DethBoxx

[quote name='Supplice']True about difficulty being exaggerated. The average gamer cannot adapt to the level designs and fighting mechanics of the game so they cry about it. What makes someone prevail from the average gamer is the ability to adjust your strategy to the situation at hand and to learn from your mistakes.

29zppva.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i keep hearing about this mythical "average gamer" but haven't yet heard anyone say the difficulty preventing them from getting into the game. i've heard far more people say "it's challenging: it's not as easy as most other modern games".

is the NG+ swamp poison much worse than the NG poison? i haven't yet been to 5-2 in NG+, but in NG i was easily able to keep my HP regen above the poison dps, so the level was a breeze. i walked straight to the second fog through the swamp, then dominated all the grimey guys using purple flame shield and a bow, for my setup it was one of the easiest levels.

Actually after some trial and error I beat it on NG+. The poison is a bit more, but nothing that can't be dealt with. Now just need to kill Penetrator, Dragon God, Man Eater, Fake King, and Old Monk.

Also, think I'm going to try to Platinum this game...

I think I'm just going to visit each world in PWWT and PBWT so each area opens up. Those areas stay open regardless of when I've visited them, right?

[quote name='KingBroly']I think I'm just going to visit each world in PWWT and PBWT so each area opens up. Those areas stay open regardless of when I've visited them, right?[/QUOTE]

If it's an area that opens up, then yes. Sometimes it's a character that shows up though, and they will be gone.

In this weekend's white world tendency, does this mean that the Miralda the executioner area and Dragon Nest area (with the strength ring) will be open in 1.1? Or that the makato sword will be available in 4.2?

I think there are a number of areas I've missed that I want to backtrack through.

I know the Miralda executioner area will be open as well as the Makato Sword being available. As for the Dragon nest area, I'm not sure.

Nice. I didn't get a chance to battle her or get the sword in my first playthrough.

edit: Now I just need to find some time to play today.

I went to the Dragon's Nest and it was rather eventful...or uneventful as there were no Dragons there (WTF?). It made for getting those items really easy, but...what happened?

Oh. Well, that's awesome then. Storm of Souls is neutral for me now. I guess I did everything I could there in PWT. Boletarian Palace isn't. I wonder what's different.

referenced the DS wiki, decided to make a list of the PWWT events, with tips where applicable.
world 1:
1 - fight miralda (left of start), she'll drop binder's set, which is amazing gear for 50% burden female builds. also go to dragon's nest (middle of the level, fastest to go right of the big spear if you're done with the level) to get purple flame shield (the best shield in the game, IMO).
2 - none
3 - none
4 - none

world 2:
1 - none
2 - halfway down the right-hand pit will be a dude that'll give pure greystone (good for str builds) if you show him the Bone Smasher (see below)
3 - Bone Smasher is to your first left, but make sure your item burden isn't maxed out, it weighs 20 (I missed it on my first playthrough because my item burden was too high when I removed it from the ground). great weapon for str builds, especially low level str builds. really fun weapon to use PvP because it looks so badass, and the rolling-R1 is an area of effect attack.

world 3:
1 - "help me!" screaming guy can be rescued if you have the key from 3-2. also, on the same jail level as him are some items, paring dagger & rogue set, but they're not great.
2 - key to "help me!" guy is around the first chain spot (keep going forward & left at every opportunity, then up the spiral staircase).
3 - none

world 4:
1 - satsuki'll be at the beginning, can't miss him, kill him for hiltless. if you just block and stay on him, he'll kill himself from hiltless damage, just strike if he tries to eat grass and it's the easiest fight.
2 - drop down the hole beneath the first reaper for makoto -- makoto coupled with either adjucator or ring of regen is solid enough to beat the game with even unupgraded, very good PvM katana.
3 - none

world 5:
1 - istarelle (a short spear) is up a ladder to the left of the first giant goblin -- this spear is sorta hard to get depending on your build, as you'll have to fight 3 giant goblins at once in a small area. use thieves ring and try to pick them off one by one. great weapon for PvM faith builds.
2 - talk to selen, in the second main swamp area, to the right of where you first enter it. she'll give a ring after you've done 5-3's PWWT event and if you kill her (do it) you'll get beggar's set, which is weak but looks cool (female only).
3 - kill black phantom garl here to do the 5-2 event

Is there a specific way of having your friends come into your games? Other than just putting down a blue stone and hoping for the best?

bread's done
Back