Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12190611" timestamp="1414510440"]New update is live. Finally killed off the Atheon cheese and implemented the random teleporting.

Details can be found here: http://www.bungie.net/7_Update-1023---Patch-Notes/en/News/News?aid=12319

Or here is everything without needing to go to a link!:

Summary
This update makes Destiny a more stable experience for all players. We’re also changing the player experience in the Raid to ensure that the activity provides an endgame challenge that meets project goals for the intended level of difficulty.

General
Fixed an issue in which multiple errors reported with Zebra error codes
Errors previously reporting as Zebra will now display as their own separate codes
Fixed a rare issue related to being Kicked To Login repeatedly
Fixed a rare issue that resulted in a Kick To Orbit reported with the Cockatoo error code

Servers
Fixed an issue where some players would occasionally be erroneously kicked at the beginning of an activity due to a server error
Increased protection against account corruption

Raid
Fixed an issue where Atheon was not choosing random targets for teleport through the timestream during the final encounter on the Vault of Glass
Fixed an exploit where Atheon could be forced off his platform

More updates are to follow as we continue to support Destiny. Future enhancements being worked on include Exotic Weapon tuning, new features for voice communication between matchmade teammates, and the ability to hold more Bounties in your pocket at any time.[/quote]
No mention of the templar push? Hmm....

Looks like they are having a lot of connection issues after the patch release. I've can only play 4-6 mins before getting kicked. The help forum is blowing up about it.

aFrostyONE said:
Yeah, but can it be done with a Titan???
The Templar push (and the former Atheon push) could be done with a Titan. You just need the electric pulse grenade. It has to be an area of effect like the solar grenades. Though I'm not sure on the Templar - you might be able to chuck any grenades at him.

Too bad about Atheon - I was just starting to enjoy that. And now it means no chance for me to get the raid helm. It is really too bad I couldn't get my connection issue resolved last week when you guys cheesed him on Hard again.

bear489 said:
Looks like they are having a lot of connection issues after the patch release. I've can only play 4-6 mins before getting kicked. The help forum is blowing up about it.
Nice. Screw up the Raid (fixing the Atheon cheese I understand, but the random teleporting I feel is a huge mistake) and then screw up our connections too.

Yeah, bear489. I will definitely be doing that. I learned my lesson on that last week. Though I wouldn't have necessarily thought the update would screw with that so thanks for the tip. Previous updates never caused problems like that (mine just went randomly crappy last Sunday/Monday).

I wonder when the update went live? When I got on at 2:30 AM (after the weekly reset) I didn't get an update - I wonder if I could have done one more run then? I saw people gathering in different towers for the Raid. I should have just run it with randoms then - I was tempted and probably would have if I had gotten an invite in the Tower.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone posted this in the PS3/PS4 forum. It matches what I've gotten so far. Broly, with all your runs I'm sure you could verify this. If this is the case, I really only need to run the Raid through the Templar to try to get my stupid gloves. Of course I'll do the whole thing with you guys tonight anyway.

Also, I thought the Sparrow was a hard mode item, but I guess not. So when we did the hard mode cheese I got nothing special (Chatterwhite and the Sparrow). And of course all the times I've done normal I keep getting more Chatterwhite and not a second or third sparrow (for my other characters). I am getting completely trolled by the Raid drops at this point...

Seriously, it is to the point where this may be the last week I bother with it.

1st Chest
Ascendant Materials

Templar's Oracle Clear
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Boss Battle: Templar
Ascendant Materials
Found Verdict
Praedyth's Revenge
Fatebringer (hard mode only)
Exotic weapon (random)
Raid Body
Raid Gloves
Raid Feet

Second Chest
Random component

**Bonus Chest** Only available if you defeat the Templar without him teleporting.
Ascendant Materials

Third Chest
Ascendant Materials
Legendary Class item (random)
Exotic Weapon (random)

Fourth Chest
Ascendant Materials

Gatekeeper Clear
Ascendant Materials
Corrective Measure
Hezen Vengeance
Praetorian Foil
Praedyth's Timepiece (hard mode only)
Raid Body

Boss Battle: Atheon
Ascendant Materials
Atheon's Epilogue
Vision of Confluence
Exotic Weapon (random)
Chatterwhite (armor shader)
XV0 Timebreaker
Glass Minuet
Aspect of Glass (hard mode only)
Raid Helmet (hard mode only)
Vex Mythoclast (hard mode only)

[quote name="io" post="12192163" timestamp="1414534892"]Someone posted this in the PS3/PS4 forum. It matches what I've gotten so far. Broly, with all your runs I'm sure you could verify this. If this is the case, I really only need to run the Raid through the Templar to try to get my stupid gloves. Of course I'll do the whole thing with you guys tonight anyway.

Also, I thought the Sparrow was a hard mode item, but I guess not. So when we did the hard mode cheese I got nothing special (Chatterwhite and the Sparrow). And of course all the times I've done normal I keep getting more Chatterwhite and not a second or third sparrow (for my other characters). I am getting completely trolled by the Raid drops at this point...

Seriously, it is to the point where this may be the last week I bother with it.

[/quote]
I can personally say that isn't correct. I got my class item and raid gloves from the third chest. I also know several people who have gotten armor from chests. I don't know why people keep posting that like it is gospel (not you, I just keep seeing it repeated on other sites/boards).

The Templar push (and the former Atheon push) could be done with a Titan. You just need the electric pulse grenade. It has to be an area of effect like the solar grenades. Though I'm not sure on the Templar - you might be able to chuck any grenades at him.
Yeah, I had fun with the Atheon cheese dance this weekend. Think I did it 5x total.

Just wasn't sure if Pulse 'nades worked on the Templar.

But since you mentioned area of effect 'nades, I wonder if the spike 'nade for a defender would also work or is it's AOE too small.

okay nightfall was pretty straightforward and easy. i guess i overestimated the difficulty - only took 15 minutes (5 spent waiting for moose to update and join)

[quote name="GLOCKGLOCK" post="12192460" timestamp="1414542094"]If anyone is going to raid tonight let me know. Down to start whenever.[/quote]
Did it tonight and went pretty good. I would be willing to run it again tomorrow if you need help. I think there are a few more CAGs who may not have done it.

Renegade Moose said:
I can personally say that isn't correct. I got my class item and raid gloves from the third chest. I also know several people who have gotten armor from chests. I don't know why people keep posting that like it is gospel (not you, I just keep seeing it repeated on other sites/boards).
I think it is close to correct, though. There might be a few things missing, but it matches up with everything I've gotten from 5+ Raids so far. The only time I ever got armor outside of the oracle and Templar was for the Gatekeeper and I got the body armor just as it is listed there.

And from Atheon it has been CHATTERWHITE (every time except the first one), the ship (once), the sparrow (once), and weapons (2 x Atheon's Epilgoue, Vision of Confluence, and an Ice Breaker).

Renegade Moose said:
Did it tonight and went pretty good. I would be willing to run it again tomorrow if you need help. I think there are a few more CAGs who may not have done it.
Yeah, we were pretty damn efficient tonight too. Outside of the 4 or 5 Gorgon wipes and full wipes once or twice near the end I don't think we had more than about 10 total deaths amongst us.

I still need to run my Warlock through it (and maybe my Hunter though I dread the chasm jumping with that char). I'm most likely not available tomorrow unless we do it really early (like 4pm my time / 7 Eastern) or really late. I have stuff to do in the evening from 6-8 or so. Thursday would be good though.

The best part of tonight was that I did finally get the gloves from this Raid! (Along with my 3rd chest armor). So now once I grind those I can hit 30 with my Titan! Then I got another exotic helm from the Nightfall - but I think I like the one I had already better.

So on my Warlock I have yet to get a single Raid armor piece. Hopefully this week I can get something. I'll be on later and am going to try to solo the Nightfall with my Warlock. If anyone wants to join feel free.

So I just finished the raid with a group of friends and it was fine. The fact that Atheon picks random people did not really slow us down. However, the first time he teleported us...he only teleported ONE person. So yeah, we wiped that first time. Luckily that was the only time it happened and it happened right of the bat. We would have been pissed if it happened when we almost had him dead.

We also killed the Templar without him teleporting so we should have gotten the 4th chest but my buddy blew it. He died jumping on the way down to it and then he res'd and it spawned him way the hell of in Gorgons labyrinth. We waited at the chest but at some point it disappeared...we should have just opened it. I hear it is only ascendant mats...but still.

AngryDragon888 said:
We also killed the Templar without him teleporting so we should have gotten the 4th chest but my buddy blew it. He died jumping on the way down to it and then he res'd and it spawned him way the hell of in Gorgons labyrinth. We waited at the chest but at some point it disappeared...we should have just opened it. I hear it is only ascendant mats...but still.
Yeah, it is just mats. We found that tonight - it is way further down than you expect. It is pretty much the last part right before the Gorgons. It is after you get the message that you are in the Gorgon's Labyrinth. (I know you know that but that's for others).

So the first DLC is going to be released on Dec 9th.

Light Level raised to 32

1 New NPC

5 New Bounty Slots (Yeah)

3 New Story Missions

1 New Strike

1 New 6 person Raid

3 new MP Maps

Playstation owners are getting a 2nd Strike also.

[quote name="AngryDragon888" post="12192989" timestamp="1414555881"]So I just finished the raid with a group of friends and it was fine. The fact that Atheon picks random people did not really slow us down. However, the first time he teleported us...he only teleported ONE person. So yeah, we wiped that first time. Luckily that was the only time it happened and it happened right of the bat. We would have been pissed if it happened when we almost had him dead.

We also killed the Templar without him teleporting so we should have gotten the 4th chest but my buddy blew it. He died jumping on the way down to it and then he res'd and it spawned him way the hell of in Gorgons labyrinth. We waited at the chest but at some point it disappeared...we should have just opened it. I hear it is only ascendant mats...but still.[/quote]
I taught everybody not to wait last week... :D

[quote name="cancerman1120" post="12193456" timestamp="1414585867"]So the first DLC is going to be released on Dec 9th.

Light Level raised to 32
1 New NPC
3 New Story Missions
1 New Strike
1 New 6 person Raid
3 new MP Maps

Playstation owners are getting a 2nd Strike also.[/quote]
I love Destiny, but that seems disappointing to me. I come from the old PC days and when I heard expansion pack I expected a lot of content. I got more content out of a $10 Assassin's Creed DLC.

Edit: is this just another leak? I don't see anything on Bungie.net.

So the first DLC is going to be released on Dec 9th.

Light Level raised to 32

1 New NPC

3 New Story Missions

1 New Strike

1 New 6 person Raid

3 new MP Maps

Playstation owners are getting a 2nd Strike also.
Looking forward to this but it does seem slim for $20, compared to what other games have offered for less. The second strike will become available on Xbox in January, right?

Looking forward to this but it does seem slim for $20, compared to what other games have offered for less. The second strike will become available on Xbox in January, right?
I have not heard anything about the Strike being available in Jan. They still have a strike from the original game that we do not get yet.

I have not heard anything about the Strike being available in Jan. They still have a strike from the original game that we do not get yet.
Oh okay, I guess that's what I'm thinking of. Looked it up, and the exclusive is timed until Fall of 2015, not the beginning of 2015. :/

I love Destiny, but that seems disappointing to me. I come from the old PC days and when I heard expansion pack I expected a lot of content. I got more content out of a $10 Assassin's Creed DLC. Edit: is this just another leak? I don't see anything on Bungie.net.
Playstation Blog had some info as well.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/29/the-dark-below-destinys-first-expansion-hits-129/

I'm sure bungie will post more details soon. With all the big releases hitting in the next few weeks they will need to give players a reason to keep playing and/or come back to the game when this expansion hits.

I can raid tonight if you guys are running through and need someone. I'll be on at 8pm eastern again. I tried to jump in with some randoms on the team finder site and that was a disaster. I just hopped out after they wiped a couple times and joined io and bear to finish nightfall.

Anybody want to set something up for Friday and Saturday nights? I can be on after 10:00 PM est and I am a level 27 warlock and my GT is ajh2298.

I have no problem with the content, but knowing that all my gear will probably be useless come December, yeah...

I been a WoW player and before I used to get 1 and a half years out of my gear.

Still buying it though.

[quote name="GLOCKGLOCK" post="12193612" timestamp="1414592777"]Playstation Blog had some info as well.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/10/29/the-dark-below-destinys-first-expansion-hits-129/

I'm sure bungie will post more details soon. With all the big releases hitting in the next few weeks they will need to give players a reason to keep playing and/or come back to the game when this expansion hits.

I can raid tonight if you guys are running through and need someone. I'll be on at 8pm eastern again. I tried to jump in with some randoms on the team finder site and that was a disaster. I just hopped out after they wiped a couple times and joined io and bear to finish nightfall. [/quote]
I can guarantee times I'll be on, but if I'm in Destiny when you want to run send me an invite. I'll definitely help. Just looks like my evenings may be a but busy until Saturday. It does seem to make a difference running with people you know. Especially as everybody becomes vets. Now, once they patch the templar we may not be to clear it as fast as last night... ;)

I tried the raid for the first time on Monday. We got as far as the gatekeeper, but nobody had mics and I had no idea what was going on most of the time. I'd like to go through with some people who communicate. Feel free to add me to your friends list and if you're putting a raid group together look for me. I'm a level 27 Titan (Defender).

I'd also do daily and weekly heroic or nightfall.

GT: RADa5AURU5

I tried the raid for the first time on Monday. We got as far as the gatekeeper, but nobody had mics and I had no idea what was going on most of the time. I'd like to go through with some people who communicate. Feel free to add me to your friends list and if you're putting a raid group together look for me. I'm a level 27 Titan (Defender).

I'd also do daily and weekly heroic or nightfall.

GT: RADa5AURU5

Yeah, I have completed it several times now and I would imagine it would pretty hard with no communication at all. I'll add you when I get on....are you 360 or XB1? I am on XB1 AngryDragon888.

I did the raid with my Hunter this week...and got pretty much nothing :/, but I would like to go thru with my secondary (28 titan) if anybody is up for it at some point. Also need the nightfall and weekly.

^ I'm pretty surprised they got as far as the Gatekeeper with no comms, actually...

I need to run the Nightfall with my Warlock (lvl 28) and Hunter (lvl 27). I need the Weekly Heroic with my Hunter (I had no problem soloing that with the other 2 characters).

Then I wouldn't mind running the Raid with my Warlock and Hunter. I've taken my Warlock through 3 times and not gotten one single piece of Raid gear. I've never brought my Hunter into it.

Like I said yesterday, I can do it early today (like in an hour or two) but I need to be out of the house from 6:15 - 9:30 or so Pacific. If you guys want to start at 4:30-5 (7;30-8 Eastern) then I'm good for an hour and a half or so. Hopefully that is enough time to get through most, if not all, of it at this point.

Otherwise it will be spotty the rest of the week. I might have time Thursday and Friday is out (at least early) because of Halloween.

GLOCKGLOCK said:
Anyone want to do the raid now? We have 4 people in the party, looking for a couple more.
Crap, sorry - totally would have but I only have 30 minutes before I have to leave...

I need to get in on a Raid with you guys and learn the Relic part so I can deal with randoms later.

non ducor and i will most likely be around for a raid on sunday (he's moving and im likely not going to be around fri/sat night)

we will also potentially be up for running people through the nightfall weekly if you guys need it (will only take like 15-20 min)

gotdott's GT is gotdott...

I'm available now if anyone needs to do Nightfall or even Raid. Just send me a PM or respond here and I'll jump on. I'm watching World Series and NBA highlights right now. I also picked up Sunset Overdrive tonight so I might play that. If you see me on and want to do Nigthfall, though, send me a message.

Otherwise I'm in for that run on Sunday - that should be a pretty free day for me.

And gotdott, if you want to help me run my Hunter through Nightfall and Weekly again like last week I'd appreciate it.

http://www.bungie.net/en/event/darkbelow

uLYbcTP.png

I do hope the some of the new armors canbe unlock/obtain via the strikes or story modesand not exclusive to the raid to help out people who are stuck in low level light.

Hmmm... I guess it is good to stockpile those ascendant shards then since it looks like we'll need all new armor for 32. What about weapons? Are they going to go to 320 max now? So we'd need new weapons also? I'd hate to lose my fully-upgraded Icebreaker as the awesome weapon that it is...

I jumped in with AngryDragon tonight and finished the Nightfall on my Warlock. So now I just need Raid on my Warlock (and maybe Hunter) and then Nightfall/Weekly on my Hunter. I got a different exotic helm for my Warlock that has discipline on it which is good (always good to respawn grenades faster). So I might level that up but that's a lot of shards to use on something that I already have a similar thing maxed for.

I'm trying to decide if I want to jump into a random Raid right now (1:30 AM Pacific) with my Warlock and run the Hunter with you guys on Sunday maybe... I know you guys will be more understanding of my sure to be epic fail on getting the Hunter across the chasm. I may even just quit and rejoin when you guys get past that ;).

Also, I wonder if we keep getting leveled up with the DLC will we be able to go back to the Vault of Glass when we are like level 40 and just destroy it? I'm not sure there would be much point, but it would be fun to go through that like you can go through some of the low-level regular strikes now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back