Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry, once again real life got in the way ;).

I'm about to hop on now to hit up Xur before he disappears. But I still want to run that Hard Oracles checkpoint. I'll be out tomorrow from 2-6pm Pacific but can do it after that. Maybe that will work for everyone. Say 6:30 Pacific / 9:30 Eastern?

Edit: Nice, got two gauntlet emblems from Xur using my Hunter and ended up with the Titan ones first and then the ones I wanted for the Hunter afterwards (with the spines). I only had Warlock exotic gauntlets before so that worked out. I also bought Plan C though I don't ever see working on that to level it up.

The Daily is the first Mars mission so that one is pretty easy. I ran through that with my 3 characters and worked on levelling up a couple of alternate weapons (a legendary solar Sniper and Truth rocket launcher).

I thought about jumping into a Hard mode raid at the Gatekeeper checkpoint with my Hunter to get another shot at the chest armor, but I figured that might be kind of a pain with randoms as you need decent coordination there.

Still want to run Oracles and beyond with my Titan Sunday though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should finally hit 29 tonight so i can start doing the hard raid. Question, if I just do the raid on hard would i get the drops from the normal? Or do i have to run it on Hard and Normal?

I should finally hit 29 tonight so i can start doing the hard raid. Question, if I just do the raid on hard would i get the drops from the normal? Or do i have to run it on Hard and Normal?
If you do hard first you will get double raid drops, thus making it so you only have to raid one time. If you do normal you will get a single drop there and single drop when you do hard.

Thanks! Guess my days of running the raid normal is over.
Hard raid is pretty brutal as a 29. Hobgoblin snipes leave you with with just a sliver of health. Definitely recommend sticking with groups with at least four level 30s. I'm still at 29 as well, just can't get the raid to give me armour. I'm really hoping that changes this week as I'd really like to be a 30 by expansion. That said, maybe I'll get some 32 raid armour on my first run through Crota and then it won't matter.

I will be on around 7pm Pacific (have to eat dinner first) and will see if there's enough to do at least the Hard Raid Oracles/Templar checkpoints. As long as we have 6 people for that it doesn't matter if you are 29 or 30. In fact, you could be 28 for that part.

If we want to continue on to Gatekeeper/Atheon, 29-30 is a must, with at least 2-3 30's in there.

I will be on around 7pm Pacific (have to eat dinner first) and will see if there's enough to do at least the Hard Raid Oracles/Templar checkpoints. As long as we have 6 people for that it doesn't matter if you are 29 or 30. In fact, you could be 28 for that part.

If we want to continue on to Gatekeeper/Atheon, 29-30 is a must, with at least 2-3 30's in there.
27 Warlock for Oracles/Templar allowed? I'll switch to my 30 hunter for the rest if you want to run gatekeeper/atheon.

Is there an efficient way to farm the class specific material needed to upgrade armor (i.e. Hadonic Essence for warlocks)? I always played my hunter and never had issues but now I'm trying to push my Titan and Warlock from 26-29 quickly but don't have much of those mats. I had been buying uncommons and dismantling them but it eats up glimmer quickly.

27 Warlock for Oracles/Templar allowed? I'll switch to my 30 hunter for the rest if you want to run gatekeeper/atheon.

Is there an efficient way to farm the class specific material needed to upgrade armor (i.e. Hadonic Essence for warlocks)? I always played my hunter and never had issues but now I'm trying to push my Titan and Warlock from 26-29 quickly but don't have much of those mats. I had been buying uncommons and dismantling them but it eats up glimmer quickly.
Pretty much just collect drops while completing bounties, then equip greens while turning the bounties in (you can max them with even a 2500 bounty) and break them down for 2 or 3 materials each. Rares take too much exp and don't pay off enough to offset that.

move all your engrams to your titan and warlock and decode them there

Did you finish the raid with those guys last night? I dont know what was going on, with 4 30s Atheon should have been easy.

Awe man, Bungie cut the cheese... again! So long 5th chest... you sucked anyway :booty:

Well, mostly a positive update... especially the part about buying mats with the marks we have. Just wish I knew it was happening now. I wouldn't have bought that weapon, to break down for energy
I, for one, am glad they are allowing us to use marks to purchase materials. I wonder how many marks each material pack will cost?

EDIT: From NeoGAF

10 marks for 20 materials
Thus, you can get as many as 400 materials per week.

Now to learn how to play templar the legit way. Oracles fight still ok right? I really need to push my lvl 28 titan to 29 now. Was hoping to do one final run tonight to get raid gear. Oh well

WHAT?!?!?!?!  We're NOT supposed to push the Templar off?  What kind of shenanigans is this?!?!  I now have to work to get my 2 ascendant shards?!?!   Pfffffttttt....

So Exotic Shards are used to upgrade the last node of exotic armor and weapons...  I'm guessing this is how you get your things to level 32?  And I'm guessing my raid armor can't go beyond 30....  Nuts.  Expected, but still...  Guess I need to get some more strange coins.

Hmm, not super happy about exotic weapons now requiring 7 strange coins to fully upgrade, rather than just a lot of ascendant materials. It would have been nice if they'd somehow added this requirement only for weapons that dropped after 12/1.

DLC is out next week.  Do we still have enough people getting the DLC that want to do a virgin run on the raid to try and figure it out on our own?  I know IO asked before.  I think it could be fun, but might require a bit of time.

DLC is out next week. Do we still have enough people getting the DLC that want to do a virgin run on the raid to try and figure it out on our own? I know IO asked before. I think it could be fun, but might require a bit of time.
you are assuming that it will be out right away when the language itself implies otherwise ;)

^ Yeah, it could be like with the original game launch where the Raid came, what, a few weeks later? That would be nice, actually, since we could focus on the new story elements (such as they are) and the new strike first.

Sinfulfate said:
Did you finish the raid with those guys last night? I dont know what was going on, with 4 30s Atheon should have been easy.
No, we broke it up after you left. I really wanted to do Oracles/Templar on my Titan afterwards and it took a while but I finally got in a group for that. We got to Gatekeepers and had a hell of a time there as well. I don't know what it was about last night. But at least I got to push the Templar one last time, apparently. I remember we did this legit on Normal before we knew about the push and it wasn't too hard with everyone just bunched up on the back right side. But on Hard that might be a different story.

What we went through last night makes me appreciate that random group that invited me in a few weeks back. They have it down to an art. The problem we were having last night with Atheon was that we were barely hurting him on each teleport and that left us to the vagaries of the glitches (like when my game froze as I was going through the portal) and random mistakes (such as the Relic holder sliding off the middle platform). With that other group I run Hard mode with we usually hit him for 2/3 - 3/4 of his health on the first teleport, so it only takes 2.

As for the patch, what is this about exotics no longer needed ascendant mats!? Now all these ones I have stockpiled will go to waste. I guess I'll still need some for the new Raid legendaries, but still...

I'll be interested to see how much better the Vex Mythoclast is now. I'm at 98/200 Nightfall kills with it on that exotic bounty so hopefully this makes it even easier.

Renegade Moose said:
DLC is out next week. Do we still have enough people getting the DLC that want to do a virgin run on the raid to try and figure it out on our own? I know IO asked before. I think it could be fun, but might require a bit of time.
I'm all for that so count me in. Did you guys still want to do a normal VoG run this week as well? I still need the Hunter cuirass, though I am feeling it less necessary to get as the new Raid gets closer (as I'll probably have to replace it with one from there anyway).

What is the timing of this DLC? It's the 9th, right? Does that mean it coincides with the weekly reset and will be available at 1am Pacific Tuesday AM?

you are assuming that it will be out right away when the language itself implies otherwise ;)
Oh, I wasn't assuming the raid would be available immediately. I figured it would be similar to the full game's release and vault of glass.

I'm in for a normal run this week. Might be tougher with no push, but oh well. I will most likely be on playing AC so just drop me an invite.

Oh, I wasn't assuming the raid would be available immediately. I figured it would be similar to the full game's release and vault of glass.

I'm in for a normal run this week. Might be tougher with no push, but oh well. I will most likely be on playing AC so just drop me an invite.
Really, it should only be tougher if you get a group that doesn't have maxed weapons &/or can't shoot straight ;) .

It's just a different strategy, that includes actually clearing out harpies in the general vicinity

Plus, Hunters are gonna be relevant again for this part of the raid :lol:

aFrostyONE said:
Plus, Hunters are gonna be relevant again for this part of the raid :lol:
No, I still see them doing Relic duty since they were used to doing that before ;). But now they have to use the super as well as cleansing.

I wonder if there is a way to keep everyone up at the spawn point and have someone get the Relic and then go back up? This is probably not necessary on normal, but for hard it might be.

[quote name="io" post="12291266" timestamp="1417476692"]No, I still see them doing Relic duty since they were used to doing that before ;). But now they have to use the super as well as cleansing.

I wonder if there is a way to keep everyone up at the spawn point and have someone get the Relic and then go back up? This is probably not necessary on normal, but for hard it might be.[/quote]
I have done it. It isn't easy and the jumps have to be perfect, but it is possible. The tough part isn't avoiding fire from the templar, but from the minotaur that spawns.

No, I still see them doing Relic duty since they were used to doing that before ;). But now they have to use the super as well as cleansing.

I wonder if there is a way to keep everyone up at the spawn point and have someone get the Relic and then go back up? This is probably not necessary on normal, but for hard it might be.
Ah, we're doomed then... super was the one thing they were NEVER to do, during the Templar shuffle.

I know people used to tell me there was a way to get back to the top, but never saw it done

EDIT: scratch that. Just remembered people would jump back up when we would do the old cheese method of shooting from the hobgoblin platform.(man, that seems like forever ago).

Still don't know the path though.

Renegade Moose said:
I have done it. It isn't easy and the jumps have to be perfect, but it is possible. The tough part isn't avoiding fire from the templar, but from the minotaur that spawns.
There are minotaurs on the Oracles, but I thought there weren't any on Templar (until he enrages at least).

Started raiding late into the cycle so ive been cheesing templar ever since. Now i have to learn how to kill it legit. The really good thing this update brought was the planetary materials. I can finally upgrade most of my other legendary armors that needed mats

There are minotaurs on the Oracles, but I thought there weren't any on Templar (until he enrages at least).
Minotaurs also pop up if you prevent him from teleporting to his next spot. (maybe that triggers enrage mode too; don't know since I've never been in a group that's tried that before)

[quote name="io" post="12291301" timestamp="1417477328"]There are minotaurs on the Oracles, but I thought there weren't any on Templar (until he enrages at least).[/quote]
I think you're right. It may be the oracles I'm thinking of.

Level 30 is required for normal on the new raid, so hopefully drops go well this week. Bungie has said there will be other ways to reach 30 in the new DLC though, they just haven't said how.

I'm all for running through the new story and strike with a group next Tuesday. Definitely in for running VOG tomorrow as well.

I bought a limited edition 360 copy so I will be redeeming the code for the expansion pack.  Down to do raid tomorrow, Normal and Hard mode.  

Solar burn on Nightfall this week, is this the first time? Should be a quick run for ppl with ice breakers.

I'll be on starting around 7:30-8 EST. Want to run nightfall, weekly and raid tonight. Anybody in for nightfall around 8?

Solar burn on Nightfall this week, is this the first time? Should be a quick run for ppl with ice breakers.
Good way to test the Vex Mythoclast after the update as well. Run Vex, Vision of confluence/Icebreaker for the beginning part, then swap to Gjallahorn for the boss until no ammo, then switch back to Icebreaker. Should be a quick one.

RADa5AURU5 said:

I'll be on starting around 7:30-8 EST. Want to run nightfall, weekly and raid tonight. Anybody in for nightfall around 8?
I ran Nightfall on 2 of my chars after doing hard Raid tonight. I'll still have my Titan to run through Nightfall though Tuesday evening.

It is SUPER easy with the solar burn. I used Vex Mythoclast. Vision of Confluence is also great. And of course Gjallarhorn works wonders.

CaseX said:
Good way to test the Vex Mythoclast after the update as well. Run Vex, Vision of confluence/Icebreaker for the beginning part, then swap to Gjallahorn for the boss until no ammo, then switch back to Icebreaker. Should be a quick one.
I had the Pocket Infinity exotic bounty and THIS is the one to do it on. I'm pissed I spent so much time at the beginning of last week's strike dealing with all those shielded Knights and Wizards. I ran through that part like 6 or 7 times and only got to 98. I finished off the 200 on my first run through this week's.

And yes, Vex Mythoclast is tearing stuff up again. It was so good, I continued to use it even after I hit the bounty. At the end I switched to Vision of Confluence and Gjallahorn. I didn't even bother with Ice Breaker. Gjallahorn can take out the upper minotaur in one shot and VoC does a pretty good job too - it can take them out before they get down to you. The second time I ran it, I did it with 2 other people and they went down below and died. I hung out up top and even with the harder enemies (because of 3 people) I could still handle the minotaur by myself.

The first time I ran it with GlockGlock (and actually I didn't notice much difference in the toughness of the enemies with 2 vs 3 people). Then I soloed the Weekly.

Oh, and you can buy upgrade mats from the Vanguard quartermaster. I topped off a few weapons with that super-quick.

So, no more daily care package for completing a public event?

Also, weren't you able to turn in resources (spinmetal etc.) for Crucible marks before? I wanted to do that last night but couldn't find the right vendor.

I ran Nightfall on 2 of my chars after doing hard Raid tonight. I'll still have my Titan to run through Nightfall though Tuesday evening.

It is SUPER easy with the solar burn. I used Vex Mythoclast. Vision of Confluence is also great. And of course Gjallarhorn works wonders.

I had the Pocket Infinity exotic bounty and THIS is the one to do it on. I'm pissed I spent so much time at the beginning of last week's strike dealing with all those shielded Knights and Wizards. I ran through that part like 6 or 7 times and only got to 98. I finished off the 200 on my first run through this week's.

And yes, Vex Mythoclast is tearing stuff up again. It was so good, I continued to use it even after I hit the bounty. At the end I switched to Vision of Confluence and Gjallahorn. I didn't even bother with Ice Breaker. Gjallahorn can take out the upper minotaur in one shot and VoC does a pretty good job too - it can take them out before they get down to you. The second time I ran it, I did it with 2 other people and they went down below and died. I hung out up top and even with the harder enemies (because of 3 people) I could still handle the minotaur by myself.

The first time I ran it with GlockGlock (and actually I didn't notice much difference in the toughness of the enemies with 2 vs 3 people). Then I soloed the Weekly.

Oh, and you can buy upgrade mats from the Vanguard quartermaster. I topped off a few weapons with that super-quick.
Yea, that nightfall was a cakewalk with maxed solar weapons. VoC/Ice Breaker/Hezen Vengeance combo tore through it. I wasn't even on my best character. Wish I pulled an exotic like io did... :(

Haven't run it yet, but did take a quick look at it and saw solar was on both NF and the Weekly mission. And like you just confirmed, I thought this was the perfect time to finish my Pocket Infinity bounty.

I'm gonna start with Vex until the bounty pops then switch to VoC. I'll probably then keep Praedyth's Revenge equipped for any minotaurs at the same time and save Gjallahorn for the end boss.

Also, weren't you able to turn in resources (spinmetal etc.) for Crucible marks before? I wanted to do that last night but couldn't find the right vendor.
You could turn in stuff like spinmetal to UP your rank, but I don't think you ever got marks for it (don't remember that anyway)

^^ it definately gave you marks ^^

Did anyone else notice materials being way more plentiful yesterday? I picked feel like I got way more than usual while running missions on Venus. It's nice to be able to buy them now, I've been at 200 Vanguard marks for weeks.

^^ it definately gave you marks ^^

Did anyone else notice materials being way more plentiful yesterday? I picked feel like I got way more than usual while running missions on Venus. It's nice to be able to buy them now, I've been at 200 Vanguard marks for weeks.
OK. Never noticed it the few times I tried.

Ryuukishi said:

The Vanguard quartermaster over in the ship section.

Yeah, but this is the other way around. Now you can buy resources with marks. In the very beginning of the game I actually made some trades of resources for marks but regretted that later on. As you get further along you'd never want to do that because marks max out at 200 and you have to buy armor just to break it down for the shards you have tons of already. However, the one thing I am always short of is resource materials (except for spinmetal since I go for the walker a lot and ended up with 100+ of that).

It is nice to be able to trade in those excess marks for resources. It is 10 marks for 20 materials. So if you have your marks maxed out you can get 400 of something ;). Combine this with exotic weapons no longer needing ascendant energy and you can max out an exotic super-cheap (of course you still have to grind for the XP to level it up though). I have a third Ice breaker that needs its last 4 upgrades. I just bought the helium or spirit bloom I needed for 3 of those last 4. I just need an exotic shard for the final one so I guess I have to wait for Xur. But now there's no reason not to give each of my characters one of every exotic if I have multiples since they are so much cheaper to upgrade.

By the way, in the hard mode Raid last night one guy pulled an exotic shards from one of the chests (either the Gorgon one or the one just before it - not sure). Of course all I got from the raid was a bunch of ascendant shards and TWO Hezen Vengeance from the same checkpoint (d'oh!). And another Timebreaker. But at least I didn't get a Chatterwhite.

Without being able to push the Templar, that was the hardest part of it (we started at Oracles). We did both Gatekeeper and Atheon on the first try which was such a contrast with the random groups I tried it with over the weekend.

Still, on normal, I think the Templar won't be too much trouble. Are we running it this evening? I'd still like to get that Hunter chest armor and I think this might be the last week I run Vault of Glass.

Haven't run it yet, but did take a quick look at it and saw solar was on both NF and the Weekly mission. And like you just confirmed, I thought this was the perfect time to finish my Pocket Infinity bounty.

I'm gonna start with Vex until the bounty pops then switch to VoC. I'll probably then keep Praedyth's Revenge equipped for any minotaurs at the same time and save Gjallahorn for the end boss.

You could turn in stuff like spinmetal to UP your rank, but I don't think you ever got marks for it (don't remember that anyway)
You got 5 or 10 marks. I did it once just to see what I got. I figured that it wasn't worth it since, at that point, I was maxing on marks every week anyway and it took so many materials to get that. It used to be in the spot at the vendor where you buy them now. I'm not sure if the option is even available anymore.

I'll give the raid a shot tonight, IO. Just drop me an invite. I will more than likely be on my Xbox after supper. Might be the last time I run Vault of Glass... ;-)

You got 5 or 10 marks. I did it once just to see what I got. I figured that it wasn't worth it since, at that point, I was maxing on marks every week anyway and it took so many materials to get that. It used to be in the spot at the vendor where you buy them now. I'm not sure if the option is even available anymore.

I'll give the raid a shot tonight, IO. Just drop me an invite. I will more than likely be on my Xbox after supper. Might be the last time I run Vault of Glass... ;-)
I haven't done it in forever. The times I did do it was because I was loaded with spirit bloom & helium (wasn't getting gear that required it), so I tried it out.

It wasn't long after that all the new gear I acquired needed spirit bloom :roll: . Never bothered to do it again after that :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back