Destiny Discussion Thread - Fear The Moon Wizards on September 9th

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, on the Templar it seems the fix is that he doesn't move when you throw grenades on his shield. But that might only be when he's in the starting position. I hit him when he was up top and he still moved. So it might be possible to push him after he teleports to one of the upper spots. Unless they also put Atheon baby bumpers up there...

It kind of sucks they had to patch this so late in the game. I would have understood if they did it when they fixed Atheon - but at this point why not let people cheese him for the rewards to gear up for the next Raid?

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, on the Templar it seems the fix is that he doesn't move when you throw grenades on his shield. But that might only be when he's in the starting position. I hit him when he was up top and he still moved. So it might be possible to push him after he teleports to one of the upper spots. Unless they also put Atheon baby bumpers up there...

It kind of sucks they had to patch this so late in the game. I would have understood if they did it when they fixed Atheon - but at this point why not let people cheese him for the rewards to gear up for the next Raid?
I'm just waiting for them to patch out the Oracle sniping and I'll probably never do VoG again.

But for the Templar, I've been thinking of new ways to tackle it.

First thought was to have someone grab the relic and work their way back up to the starting point. But then I remembered that the old patch that killed the hobgoblin sniping perch had notes about the relic staying in the play field (or something like that).

My second idea is to keep a two-man team down below, near the left-back oracle. Their both responsible for taking out the 2 far back oracles. Everyone else stays up top to snipe the Templar from above and to hit the other 5 oracle spawns.

Just some ideas to try out before we go play the game "the way" Bungie wants us to play :roll:

I bought a limited edition 360 copy so I will be redeeming the code for the expansion pack. Down to do raid tomorrow, Normal and Hard mode.
(re)add me. any other CAGs on 360? level 27 (or was it 26) Hunter.

I actually tried the raid first time on Thanksgiving. a random was spamming messages so decided to try. it lagged like crazy, people kept leaving, some 24 kept going on about sniping etc. I decided to upgrade my vanguard stuff so went 25-27 to not look like the 24 with all blues... as this was first time in vault, not sure exactly where the leader's save started. there were regular vex and golbins with some minotaurs and maybe hydras? then it got to a point with a ring and something about sacrafices. again not sure.

I was made the leader at one point so no idea if I "gained the save" so to speak.

aFrostyONE said:
I'm just waiting for them to patch out the Oracle sniping and I'll probably never do VoG again.

But for the Templar, I've been thinking of new ways to tackle it.
First thought was to have someone grab the relic and work their way back up to the starting point. But then I remembered that the old patch that killed the hobgoblin sniping perch had notes about the relic staying in the play field (or something like that).

My second idea is to keep a two-man team down below, near the left-back oracle. Their both responsible for taking out the 2 far back oracles. Everyone else stays up top to snipe the Templar from above and to hit the other 5 oracle spawns.

Just some ideas to try out before we go play the game "the way" Bungie wants us to play :roll:
The Relic disappears if you bring it back up top (and reappears where it spawned).

gotdott said:
What's wrong with playing it the regular way?
Yeah, on Normal there shouldn't be much issue. We did it a while ago with the CAG group before we knew about the Templar push (and after they fixed the Hobgoblin perch method). The way to do it is just to stay to the back right. The Relic holder takes out Harpies and close by Oracles as do all the other members. Though with everyone grouped over there Oracles are not crucial - just get them if you can. When the super is charged, take out his shields. Relic user can try to break the detain fields and then everyone lets loose. Just don't do stupid stuff like fire rockets in your detainment field or too close to other players. The only tricky part, really, is that with having to get rid of the stupid detainment fields you don't get much time to shoot at him. And if you take too many teleports you get enrage and have to deal with minotaurs as well. It took us 6 or 7 tries on hard last night but on normal I think we can make quick work of it.

Gamer SDP said:
(re)add me. any other CAGs on 360? level 27 (or was it 26) Hunter.

I actually tried the raid first time on Thanksgiving. a random was spamming messages so decided to try. it lagged like crazy, people kept leaving, some 24 kept going on about sniping etc. I decided to upgrade my vanguard stuff so went 25-27 to not look like the 24 with all blues... as this was first time in vault, not sure exactly where the leader's save started. there were regular vex and golbins with some minotaurs and maybe hydras? then it got to a point with a ring and something about sacrafices. again not sure.

I was made the leader at one point so no idea if I "gained the save" so to speak.
Were you in Party Chat? The lag was horrible with that the last few weeks, however they fixed it with yesterday's patch. We did the full hard Raid with Party Chat and had no lag issues.

A 24 shouldn't be near the Raid... I think that is literally the minimum level you can be and you are doing like half damage or worse at that level. You can do it with blues but it gets much easier if you get maxed legendaries and/or exotics (and even easier once you get Raid weapons but of course you have to start somewhere).

It sounds like you were just in the beginning of the inside part. Did you have to defend a couple of confluxes (that would be the sacrificing part)? Were there "fanatics" which are yellow-ish Vex that leave green pools when killed? If so, yeah, that's the confluxes which is the first thing after opening the Vault. Then you have Oracles and Templar (which are the first checkpoints at which you get rewards) followed by the Gorgon maze and jumping section. Then you have Gatekeepers and Atheon.

If you want to try to join in this evening if we have room we can probably carry you through most, if not all, of it. Edit: Oh, never mind. You are on 360. Dude, this was the time to get an Xbox One and join us. It seems they are giving the things away with all the recent deals.

FYI - you will get the checkpoint saved whether you are fireteam leader or not as long as there is a wipe/restart in there somewhere. (But then the whole thing resets early Tuesday morning anyway).

After we snipe the oracles on hard we can just send one person down for the relic, they charge it by taking out harpies and the two back oracles and we snipe oracles and the Templar from the ledge.

What's wrong with playing it the regular way?
Nothing wrong with it.

Just don't want to be put in a corner ;)

I'm normally not one to look for exploits. But there's something about the way Bungie has handled all this that bugs me enough to try.

I've supposedly completed 27 raids and if that's right, no wonder I'm trying to find ways to keep this fresh (let alone minimize my time completing a raid).

I'm down to do whatever, just invite me when we are going to start.   If anyone wants to do nightfall or weekly ahead of time I'm down for that as well.

After the patch i was on upgrade heaven. Fully upgraded some armors as well as weapons... Then the point came when i can no more... Not coz im out of items, materials armors or weapons to upgrade but coz i dont have glimmer!!! Fudge!!! The grind is real for sure. Bungie made it easy to get mats but gave us another problem of loosing glimmer that fast. Lol!

[quote name="gotdott" post="12294785" timestamp="1417572592"]moose, use your juju for today's daily ;)[/quote]
Do I get something awesome?

^ Yeah... at least farming glimmer is easier than farming mats.  Just go the Mars Exclusion Zone on heroic, pop the consumable and kill all those yellow bars.  Goes by pretty fast and if you've got gear to upgrade, even better. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Now we just need a way to swap Ascendant shards for energies.  That's what I'm constantly missing/short.

Just ran a raid on normal with Vash, his idiot friends and a pre-pubescent boy who was so happy to get icebreaker that he started crying. I got a chatterwhite, a class item and energy/shards. FML. Hopefully hard treats me better.

My first time raid was the only time I did Templar legit, so I had no idea what was going on for awhile; not that tough though.

RADa5AURU5 said:
Just ran a raid on normal with Vash, his idiot friends and a pre-pubescent boy who was so happy to get icebreaker that he started crying. I got a chatterwhite, a class item and energy/shards. FML. Hopefully hard treats me better.

My first time raid was the only time I did Templar legit, so I had no idea what was going on for awhile; not that tough though.
Heh - the CAG run was a little more mature and laid back I assume. It all worked out though because we got everyone from CAG (that I know of) into one or the other raid.

And on the very last possible chance (post-Gatekeeper), I finally scored the Hunter chest armor! So now I have every last thing from the Raid except for Praetorian Foil and I can live without that given that I have Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity now.

All I have left for the week is to run the weekly on my Titan. I would have done it right after I did the Nightfall with Gott and Simo, but I had promised my daughter I'd play Lego Movie game with her so I had to jump to the PS4 for that ;).

I'll be back on later and if anyone is down for the weekly I'll run it with them. Otherwise I'll just try to solo it. I did that with my Warlock and don't even think I used revive, so I ought to be OK on my Titan. Then I just have that Hunter armor to level up and I need to figure out which exotic I might want to use along with the Raid gear for that character. It seems a lot of the Hunter exotics are geared towards PvP so I'm not sure what to use for PvE (and in particular the next Raid). I might not have the right one yet.

I guess I can work on the XP of my Pocket Infinity and a new legendary solar sniper I got from the Nightfall as well.

Of course I meant 'idiot' in an endearing kind of way. I was have an off night and they were really good about it. But yeah, a lot more noise in my headset then I'm used to haha.

I forgot to mention that all I got from Nightfall were 10 shards. Either RNGesus is mad at me or He's preparing me for the raid arms and helm that He's gonna drop me on the hard raid *fingers crossed*

If anyone has an oracles or Atheon hard cp they want to play or give me tonight I'd appreciate it!

RADa5AURU5 said:
I forgot to mention that all I got from Nightfall were 10 shards. Either RNGesus is mad at me or He's preparing me for the raid arms and helm that He's gonna drop me on the hard raid *fingers crossed*

If anyone has an oracles or Atheon hard cp they want to play or give me tonight I'd appreciate it!
I have the post-Templar checkpoint on two of my characters since we all switched out and got the chest before the Gorgons with all of our characters before finishing the hard Raid the other day. I'm not sure how much that helps you as you then still have to do Gatekeeper. But hopefully you can get that one chest, at least - though it won't have the arms or helm. It might have an exotic weapon though.

I'm not sure where it will put you - probably right before the Gorgons. It is a little tricky to backtrack to the chest if you've never done it. But I could show you. You can also get the Gorgon chest as well (which is just shards or energy), though if you already got that on Normal you won't get anything else there.

[quote name="RADa5AURU5" post="12295655" timestamp="1417610224"]Of course I meant 'idiot' in an endearing kind of way. I was have an off night and they were really good about it. But yeah, a lot more noise in my headset then I'm used to haha.

If anyone has an oracles or Atheon hard cp they want to play or give me tonight I'd appreciate it![/quote]
You can hope and pray but it won't help. Six times in a row one gotten nothing but mats (excluding the one time I've gotten gloves I already had). Luckily I don't NEED anything anymore so I wasn't hurt about it. Just made me glad I put my time into IB to get what I needed.

To put things into perspective, I have gotten 4 total pieces of raid gear across my 3 characters since the raid was released, so at least you are not me ;)

Were you in Party Chat? The lag was horrible with that the last few weeks, however they fixed it with yesterday's patch. We did the full hard Raid with Party Chat and had no lag issues.

A 24 shouldn't be near the Raid... I think that is literally the minimum level you can be and you are doing like half damage or worse at that level. You can do it with blues but it gets much easier if you get maxed legendaries and/or exotics (and even easier once you get Raid weapons but of course you have to start somewhere).

It sounds like you were just in the beginning of the inside part. Did you have to defend a couple of confluxes (that would be the sacrificing part)? Were there "fanatics" which are yellow-ish Vex that leave green pools when killed? If so, yeah, that's the confluxes which is the first thing after opening the Vault. Then you have Oracles and Templar (which are the first checkpoints at which you get rewards) followed by the Gorgon maze and jumping section. Then you have Gatekeepers and Atheon.

If you want to try to join in this evening if we have room we can probably carry you through most, if not all, of it. Edit: Oh, never mind. You are on 360. Dude, this was the time to get an Xbox One and join us. It seems they are giving the things away with all the recent deals.

FYI - you will get the checkpoint saved whether you are fireteam leader or not as long as there is a wipe/restart in there somewhere. (But then the whole thing resets early Tuesday morning anyway).
Yeah party chat was on. That was first time I ever experienced that kind of lag in Destiny.

I was 25 then quickly upped stuff to hit 26 which I currently am at. The 24 was some teenager and wanted to start before the leader could add more people...

I did some search, and I think we were at Gatekeepers. Actually makes sense as the leader kept saying if we could get through this we'd still die at Atheon.

I don't plan on getting an X1 for a while until more decent exclusives are released - basically Gears. It wonder how hard it'd be for Bungie to have allowed cross platform raiding at least.

I got a Warlock up to 18 (haven't gotten to Moon on story) so can eventually start to clear out my vault a bit. Apparently the Postmaster can hold up to 20 lost items.

"However, only owners of The Dark Below can get new exotics that launch with the DLC."

y u lie to me moose

guess xur won't be selling them!

[quote name="GLOCKGLOCK" post="12297114" timestamp="1417643133"]Save your strange coins...

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

Can't wait to re-level all my exotics again...[/quote]

Just wish they didnt do the "lose all progress for the exotics upgrade". I do love my icebreaker and chest armors and resetting just makes for another grind for bounties and such. They could have just added extra nodes to it like how they patch the nodes for the new material requirements last monday.

Just wish they didnt do the "lose all progress for the exotics upgrade". I do love my icebreaker and chest armors and resetting just makes for another grind for bounties and such. They could have just added extra nodes to it like how they patch the nodes for the new material requirements last monday.
"Hey everyone, good news! With the recent patch we have reduced some of the grinding for mats in the game."

One week later

"With the new expansion dropping we are not only going to make you grind the new legendary and raid gear, but you get to re-do the grind on your old exotics all over again!" :drool:

Gee, I wonder why they have disabled comments on that article...

Gott - seriously, only 4 Raid pieces across 3 characters!? But did you run it every week with every character? I've done that pretty much since the week after we first did the Raid (what, 6-8 weeks ago?) and just yesterday finally got the full set (so 12 pieces across 3 characters). I also ran hard mode, or at least parts of it, on each character for most of those weeks.

As for the exotic reset: yeah, WTF!? And I just broke down an extra exotic I had last night and upgraded my 3rd Icebreaker to the final node so all 3 characters could always have one as a backup. D'oh! I also spent some time grinding for XP on some other exotics. I guess I will stop that madness immediately. At least I have loads of coins so buying exotic shards shouldn't be too much of an issue. Though now I have to buy all those mats all over again as well (and I just bought a bunch to level up various exotics). Man, if they hadn't introduced the marks-for-mats exchange this would have made it a horrendous grind-fest. I wonder if Vex Mythoclast with its new 323 max will require that as well? I don't see why they didn't just do that for all exotic weapons - and then for the armor when the DLC comes out.

And this:

◦Weapons and Gear from Crota's End will not require Ascendant materials for upgrades
◦Radiant Shards and Radiant Energy acquired in the Raid will be used to upgrade new Raid gear
◦Unwanted weapons and gear from Crota's End will dismantle into Radiant materials
◦Primary weapons will only drop in the harder version of Crota's End, released sometime in January

So all those shards and energy we stored up from multiple Raid runs are essentially useless now. You can only upgrade stuff from the Raid drops - that will make things interesting...

And no new primaries until hard mode.

--------

So last night I finished off the Weekly solo (which I did without dying though I came close a few times from the Nexus splash damage and the minotaur teleporting through my rockets). Then I had that new Hunter cuirass from the Raid yesterday to level up so I starting doing bounties. The Crota's blades are on the moon as well - kept happening in Anchor of Light and Archer's Line over and over. It kept pissing me off because I'd be the one to kill the sword guy and someone else would always grab the sword before I could. So I just ignored it after that. Though when that happened I'd troll them a bit by shooting all the enemies they were trying to melee with the sword ;).

But then I decided to hunt for Ghosts. I only had 20-somehting and I figured I might as well go for the achievement while I'm working on bounties. It is amazing how many I had missed in areas I went to repeatedly. Granted, most are not on the normal path. For example, there is one on the way to the Phogoth strike (from last week). Right where you hit the first restricted zone after entering from the Hellmouth there is one just off the side to the left. I just never looked down there. I only went through Earth and Moon and probably picked up 8-10 I hadn't gotten before.

Save your strange coins...

http://www.bungie.net/7_The-Dark-Below-Preview/en/News/News?aid=12442

Can't wait to re-level all my exotics again...

So only the fireteam leader has to be lvl 30? It would be pretty lame if they shut out 29s from the raid especially since the RNG raid drops can fuck you over even if you raid 24/7.
They mentioned recently they are adding alternate ways to hit 30 (Queens Wrath maybe?) so I don't think that will be an issue. Iron Banner might come back with chest/helm, who knows. There's also the Trials of Osiris incoming.

Gott - seriously, only 4 Raid pieces across 3 characters!? But did you run it every week with every character? I've done that pretty much since the week after we first did the Raid (what, 6-8 weeks ago?) and just yesterday finally got the full set (so 12 pieces across 3 characters). I also ran hard mode, or at least parts of it, on each character for most of those weeks.
Yea I pretty much ran through the raid 3-4 times a week up until Dragon Age released. Got the raid gauntlets and helm first 3 weeks and didn't hit 30 until the recent Iron Banner!

Just checking out bungie.net and here are my "final" Raid stats:

Titan (the one I used first with the CAG group):

Kills: 2510
Deaths: 460 (with only 20 resurrections so that consisted of so many wipes ;))
Activities cleared: 8 (I'm not sure if this is all checkpoints cleared or just Atheon kills)
Best weapon: Auto Rifle (Atheon's Epilogue)

Warlock:

Kills: 2159
Deaths: 405
Activities cleared: 10
Best weapon: Scout Rifle (Vision of Confluence)

Hunter:

Kills: 1566
Deaths: 172
Activities cleared: 5
Best weapon: Auto Rifle (Atheon's Epilogue)

So you can see it took me an average of about 8 full runs to get all the gear. Oh yeah, and according to the "recent activities", it looks like our first Raid run (when Broly first showed us the ropes) was on Oct. 7th - so, yeah, it has been 8 weeks.

If the new Raid is active as soon as the DLC drops and that is 1am Pacific next Tuesday, I assume that other group will invite me to tackle it with them. If that's the case, hopefully I'll be somewhat more helpful if the CAG group also tries it that first week.

[quote name="gotdott" post="12296941" timestamp="1417639604"]"[background=rgb(255,255,255)]However, only owners of The Dark Below can get new exotics that launch with the DLC.[/background]"

y u lie to me moose

guess xur won't be selling them![/quote]
I didn't know!!! I swear!!!
Actually, I think I misinterpreted what I read. It looks like you'll be able to get legendary without the DLC, but not exotics.

I'm taking a wait and see approach for raid rewards. That is what really burned me out on the game. I enjoyed the raid, but it got to be a bit much when you see everybody else getting cool stuff (well, usually just one person in the group) and you just get sharded on again. Hopefully it works as well as described.

I have the post-Templar checkpoint on two of my characters since we all switched out and got the chest before the Gorgons with all of our characters before finishing the hard Raid the other day. I'm not sure how much that helps you as you then still have to do Gatekeeper. But hopefully you can get that one chest, at least - though it won't have the arms or helm. It might have an exotic weapon though.I'm not sure where it will put you - probably right before the Gorgons. It is a little tricky to backtrack to the chest if you've never done it. But I could show you. You can also get the Gorgon chest as well (which is just shards or energy), though if you already got that on Normal you won't get anything else there.
If you're getting on tonight I'll grab that cp from you.

Just did Atheon on hard and got the ship again.

Update: did the rest of the hard raid, nothing but energy

I won't be on until after the daily reset.

There is a LOT of rage about the exotic upgrade issue on the Bungie forums. Hopefully they will reconsider and maybe tweak it a bit. I mean, how about the reset weapon at least is half way upgraded?

The point of contention: when a new player gets an exotic from Xur or a Nightfall and can then just spend the same amount of time upgrading it as the reset costs for a player who put 100's of hours into the game (and probably several hours of doing bounties just for that one weapon whose progress is now eradicated). That is kind of messed up.

On the other hand, they could have just left the current exotics alone and thus maxed at level 30 damage / light - meaning they would all be obsolete in favor of new ones introduced by the expansion (like will happen with that Raid gear we spent so much time getting). So I suppose the upgrade option is better than that, but there has to be some middle ground where you get at least some partial credit towards full upgrade when resetting.

I won't be on until after the daily reset.

There is a LOT of rage about the exotic upgrade issue on the Bungie forums. Hopefully they will reconsider and maybe tweak it a bit. I mean, how about the reset weapon at least is half way upgraded?

The point of contention: when a new player gets an exotic from Xur or a Nightfall and can then just spend the same amount of time upgrading it as the reset costs for a player who put 100's of hours into the game (and probably several hours of doing bounties just for that one weapon whose progress is now eradicated). That is kind of messed up.

On the other hand, they could have just left the current exotics alone and thus maxed at level 30 damage / light - meaning they would all be obsolete in favor of new ones introduced by the expansion (like will happen with that Raid gear we spent so much time getting). So I suppose the upgrade option is better than that, but there has to be some middle ground where you get at least some partial credit towards full upgrade when resetting.
Well I honestly don't think you can really use that as a point of contention because you got some mileage out of that icebreaker or g-horn and it made your life a whole lot easier vs. someone who just got it, no?

You don't have to trade it in for the minor buff, you can just wait until the next DLC when you might have to do it all over again ;)

gotdott said:
Well I honestly don't think you can really use that as a point of contention because you got some mileage out of that icebreaker or g-horn and it made your life a whole lot easier vs. someone who just got it, no?

You don't have to trade it in for the minor buff, you can just wait until the next DLC when you might have to do it all over again ;)
Except for the part where they changed the last few upgrade nodes to make it easy to max them out and then just a day or two later said, oh, wait, you'll have to do it all over again. I did break down one exotic to max one weapon. I definitely wouldn't have done that if I knew what they had planned. But that didn't really cost me any time at least. I'm sure others maxed out more than I did in the last day or two.

I see both sides of it. I was just summarizing the complaints flooding into the Bungie forums. We'll see if they modify any of this in response. There is a lot of rage over the time spent on upgrading that is going to waste. It does seem like a slap in the face to early adopters who spent 100's of hours on the game to get no advantage on these weapons over people who next week get them as RNG rewards or buy them from Xur.

If it stays the same I will definitely only be doing this for a handful of the exotics (at least the weapons). And I'll probably only do it when I also have new raid armor to upgrade (so I can do both at once with the bounties). Others I'll just keep at 300 and upgrade after the next DLC like you suggest. With my 3 Ice breakers, at least, I have a good way to handle it. I can reset one, and while I work on upgrading it I can continue to use one of the 300 damage ones. Then when the next DLC comes out I'll reset another 300 and use the 323 in the mean time. At least that way I'm not nerfing those just before or during the new harder parts (new Raid, strikes, Nightfall level, etc). If the new Raid is really level 30 for Normal, then you don't want to go down too far just to be working on getting your exotic armor (or weapons for that matter) up to 32.

Do we have any info on what new Raid gear will drop from the Normal Crota Raid? That will guide which exotic armors I reset. Obviously, you'd want to work only on the pieces that can't be obtained from normal (like the Helm for Vault of Glass).

I have been absent from the thread for a long while and can't really catch up. I do see the anger over this new update info on the exotics though and I couldn't agree more. That information should have been released right BEFORE they patched the exotics. The whole thing is BS in my mind because of how late they told us. That is the only thing I have been focusing on really is leveling up my exotics and now I find out all of that was literally for nothing?

Plus from the sounds of what they have said it seems almost like we can get level 30 gear from the vanguards and factions and stuff now? That is BS if that is the case.

I want to keep playing the game but they are making it harder and harder for me to want to because of the crazy amount of time I need to keep investing to be relevant. 

I agree the timing is a problem. I would be mad if I had spent Exotic Shards on maxing a weapon, only to find out a couple days later that I could have upgraded it instead, and maxing it first doesn't make any difference.

Except for the part where they changed the last few upgrade nodes to make it easy to max them out and then just a day or two later said, oh, wait, you'll have to do it all over again. I did break down one exotic to max one weapon. I definitely wouldn't have done that if I knew what they had planned. But that didn't really cost me any time at least. I'm sure others maxed out more than I did in the last day or two.

I see both sides of it. I was just summarizing the complaints flooding into the Bungie forums. We'll see if they modify any of this in response. There is a lot of rage over the time spent on upgrading that is going to waste. It does seem like a slap in the face to early adopters who spent 100's of hours on the game to get no advantage on these weapons over people who next week get them as RNG rewards or buy them from Xur.

If it stays the same I will definitely only be doing this for a handful of the exotics (at least the weapons). And I'll probably only do it when I also have new raid armor to upgrade (so I can do both at once with the bounties). Others I'll just keep at 300 and upgrade after the next DLC like you suggest. With my 3 Ice breakers, at least, I have a good way to handle it. I can reset one, and while I work on upgrading it I can continue to use one of the 300 damage ones. Then when the next DLC comes out I'll reset another 300 and use the 323 in the mean time. At least that way I'm not nerfing those just before or during the new harder parts (new Raid, strikes, Nightfall level, etc). If the new Raid is really level 30 for Normal, then you don't want to go down too far just to be working on getting your exotic armor (or weapons for that matter) up to 32.

Do we have any info on what new Raid gear will drop from the Normal Crota Raid? That will guide which exotic armors I reset. Obviously, you'd want to work only on the pieces that can't be obtained from normal (like the Helm for Vault of Glass).
I was just kidding around, I can see Bungie reversing their stance on this before the next DLC. Pretty sure most of us expected them to add an extra upgrade node or something instead.

Plus from the sounds of what they have said it seems almost like we can get level 30 gear from the vanguards and factions and stuff now? That is BS if that is the case.

I want to keep playing the game but they are making it harder and harder for me to want to because of the crazy amount of time I need to keep investing to be relevant.
Yeah, I find this part to be lame and perhaps shortsighted as well. They shouldn't have done that so people are encouraged to play the Vault of Glass or participate in the Iron Banner in order to reach 30 and be able to comfortably play the new raid. For new people or new characters, there is almost no point to even playing the Vault since you can get equally good armor without the randomness, and the new raid provides better weapons. You might play the Antheon checkpoint on hard to get the Mythoclast, but all the other Vault weapons are legendaries which cap out at 300 so why would you even bother going for those?

Not just that, but it's also a slap in the face to those of us who did play the Vault repeatedly in trying to get to 30....

I was just kidding around, I can see Bungie reversing their stance on this before the next DLC. Pretty sure most of us expected them to add an extra upgrade node or something instead.
They should've done the middle ground: keep all the nodes as they are, just add a whole new column of nodes. First, it means we don't have to re-level the whole weapon from scratch. Second, it still accomplishes their goal of making it harder/more time consuming for us to max out because we now have to upgrade a whole new column of nodes.

Is there another hidden changes thread floating around because I feel like you guys are overreacting.

The language from the Bungie post specifically says that "attack" and "defense" values of legendaries being sold are getting buffed but they will not be "as powerful" as exotics or raid gear. 

New Legendary Gear
  • Existing Legendary gear on display in the Tower will be replaced
  • New Legendary gear will feature higher Attack and Defense values
  • Legendary items will still require Ascendant Materials for upgrades
  • This new, more powerful gear will be available to all players of Destiny
  • Legendary gear will not be as powerful as new Raid gear or Exotics

Is there another hidden changes thread floating around because I feel like you guys are overreacting.
It says NEW Raid gear which means Light Level 32.

Based on that information it is safe to assume, I would think, that the gear available the Tower will now be able to get players to level 30.

[quote name="BrolyB593" post="12299178" timestamp="1417717078"]It says NEW Raid gear which means Light Level 32.

Based on that information it is safe to assume, I would think, that the gear available the Tower will now be able to get players to level 30.[/quote]

But with the new commendation stuff, i would still think itll still be a grind to get those gears off the vendors in the tower. Just wish the loot system for VOG will be improved. If they mentioned the dlc raid will have a better system, why not patch it in the old one too right?

Still doesn't make sense since it says nothing about light levels. The more powerful is in reference to the mentioned boosted stats. It makes sense if the new legendaries have higher attack and defense vs current legendaries, but less vs new exotics, no? We can take out our pitchforks when it actually happens.

Still doesn't make sense since it says nothing about light levels. The more powerful is in reference to the mentioned boosted stats. It makes sense if the new legendaries have higher attack and defense vs current legendaries, but less vs new exotics, no? We can take out our pitchforks when it actually happens.
The values are already so close anyway between normal Vanguard stuff and Raid gear that I really doubt it. I will be EXTREMELY surprised if that new gear is not level 30.

It says NEW Raid gear which means Light Level 32.

Based on that information it is safe to assume, I would think, that the gear available the Tower will now be able to get players to level 30.
I understood it the same way. So everyone trying to hit 30 right now will end up with an easy way to reach it... just buy the gear from one of the vendors.

I don't know, but I feel starting the new raid at 30 is a mistake. It would have been better to start it at 28 or 29. This way the under 30 players could earn new raid armor from the new raid, which means no reason to sell legendaries that hit 30.

This respects the time lvl 30's invested while giving everyone else the opportunity to still play the new raid (remember, you could hit 29 with all the current armor+one exotic armor). I think this would have made for a much more tolerable transition.

And the more I think about it, the more I'm OK with the exotic reset. It's completely voluntary and it's meant mostly for people like me that want to keep using these old exotics. For me, the must haves are gonna be Ice Breaker, Gjall-y, Armamentarium & Vex. Everything else will get done when I feel like it

I understood it the same way. So everyone trying to hit 30 right now will end up with an easy way to reach it... just buy the gear from one of the vendors.

I don't know, but I feel starting the new raid at 30 is a mistake. It would have been better to start it at 28 or 29. This way the under 30 players could earn new raid armor from the new raid, which means no reason to sell legendaries that hit 30.

This respects the time lvl 30's invested while giving everyone else the opportunity to still play the new raid (remember, you could hit 29 with all the current armor+one exotic armor). I think this would have made for a much more tolerable transition.

And the more I think about it, the more I'm OK with the exotic reset. It's completely voluntary and it's meant mostly for people like me that want to keep using these old exotics. For me, the must haves are gonna be Ice Breaker, Gjall-y, Armamentarium & Vex. Everything else will get done when I feel like it
Exactly!

Except for the Exotic thing hahaha

Though yeah what all is everyone hoping to 'convert?'

I am mainly looking at Ice Breaker, Gjallarhorn and Sunbreakers for PvE (maybe Inmost Light) but then for PvP I will hands down need to upgrade Last Word and Mask of the Third Man for my Hunter because those things are crucial in PvP/Iron Banner.

Exactly!

Except for the Exotic thing hahaha
:lol:

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But I will say, that I think the reset will start our weapons close to the current maxed value. If true, then I'll be OK.

But absolutely would have preferred to maintain the unlocked perks and just grind for the increased level.

[quote name="aFrostyONE" post="12299415" timestamp="1417722424"]:lol:
Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But I will say, that I think the reset will start our weapons close to the current maxed value. If true, then I'll be OK.
But absolutely would have preferred to maintain the unlocked perks and just grind for the increased level.[/quote]

Extra upgrade node columns would have been the best practical way. Old exotics retain all starting values, if you want to get the next upgrade... Max your current exotic,1st turn it over to xur when its upgrade is available and hell give u your max weapon back with the extra nodes to unlock. Ul still need to spend glimmer and a exotic mat but progression is not lost.

Il give those that grind the exotic beforehand the sense of fulfillment and gives newcomers a challenge to undertake. New dlc exotic drops will have the increased starting base stat and not old school ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back