destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

I believe they mean that your character is able to cross over between (ie. Xbox 360 to Xbox One) as for any "Special exclusives or dlc codes" They will not connect to the character since the other system wont read them. This is my guess since this is how it works for Call of Duty Ghosts. 

I believe they mean that your character is able to cross over between (ie. Xbox 360 to Xbox One) as for any "Special exclusives or dlc codes" They will not connect to the character since the other system wont read them. This is my guess since this is how it works for Call of Duty Ghosts.
Right.. but if you redeemed that content on an Xbox 360 console and tied it to your Bungie account/character, wouldn't that same content transfer over to your Xbox One account (same applies to PS3 --> PS4)?

“Our service is built with flexibility in mind. As a player of Destiny, you have a Bungie account that’s bound to your PSN ID or your Xbox LIVE Gamertag, instead of a specific generation of device.”

If that content is redeemed on a character, why would it not carry over from last gen to the current gen? I don't see why this DLC would be applied to a character on one system and not on the other... given your DLC redeemed will be tied directly to your Bungie account.

However, I COULD see how you may have to redeem that content ON the Xbox 360 to have that content transfer. Trying to redeem it via an Xbox One console may not register it. Not to toss anymore variations into the mix... but what about redeeming it via the Xbox Live code redemption center via Xbox.com?

Really hoping to get some sort of confirmation soon... as I've got a 360 Ghost Edition in limbo that I'd rather not buy if the content won't transfer over to the Xbox One...

Last edited by a moderator:
DAMN, I was out school shopping for jr today. Missed out again, otherwise I would have been here refreshing most of the day.

Already got my ps4 LE preserved at BestBuy

PS4 LE currently OOS on Amazon

its crazy the amount of buzz the shortage of CE is generating...

Right.. but if you redeemed that content on an Xbox 360 console and tied it to your Bungie account/character, wouldn't that same content transfer over to your Xbox One account (same applies to PS3 --> PS4)?

“Our service is built with flexibility in mind. As a player of Destiny, you have a Bungie account that’s bound to your PSN ID or your Xbox LIVE Gamertag, instead of a specific generation of device.”

If that content is redeemed on a character, why would it not carry over from last gen to the current gen? I don't see why this DLC would be applied to a character on one system and not on the other... given your DLC redeemed will be tied directly to your Bungie account.

However, I COULD see how you may have to redeem that content ON the Xbox 360 to have that content transfer. Trying to redeem it via an Xbox One console may not register it. Not to toss anymore variations into the mix... but what about redeeming it via the Xbox Live code redemption center via Xbox.com?

Really hoping to get some sort of confirmation soon... as I've got a 360 Ghost Edition in limbo that I'd rather not buy if the content won't transfer over to the Xbox One...
Maybe the limited edition sparrow skin and all that will carry over. I don't know for sure on that. But redeeming the DLC/expansion pass on one system WILL NOT give you access to the expansions on other systems.

I don't know what you're getting at with the comparison to characters transferring over. Yes, you can transfer characters across platforms. DLC is not tied to your character. It is tied to your online account.I mean, you can create multiple characters in Destiny, so having DLC tied to a character would make no sense.

Maybe the limited edition sparrow skin and all that will carry over. I don't know for sure on that. But redeeming the DLC/expansion pass on one system WILL NOT give you access to the expansions on other systems.

I don't know what you're getting at with the comparison to characters transferring over. Yes, you can transfer characters across platforms. DLC is not tied to your character. It is tied to your online account.I mean, you can create multiple characters in Destiny, so having DLC tied to a character would make no sense.
Did you even read what I posted? They pretty much are saying that this game is long term and will progress with the system adoption. There is no way they are going to make you buy the DLC on ps3 and then again on the PS4. My correlation of character transferring was showing that it is server side by account. If you unlock the DLC on ps3 and play it on your character, do you think if you logged off in a DLC area on your ps3 and then go to your ps4 it isn't going to let you play there? They fully expect people to be buying an xbox one and ps4. Pull your head out man.

I honestly would like for what you're saying to be true. I fuly agree that that is the way things *should* always work. But 9 times out of 10, when it comes to situations like this, that's not how it actually is. So while Bungie has not confirmed what I have said, they have said nothing to confirm your opinion any more than they have mine. I shall remain doubtful, but will happily own up to my mistake if I end up being proven wrong.

I honestly would like for what you're saying to be true. I fuly agree that that is the way things *should* always work. But 9 times out of 10, when it comes to situations like this, that's not how it actually is. So while Bungie has not confirmed what I have said, they have said nothing to confirm your opinion any more than they have mine. I shall remain doubtful, but will happily own up to my mistake if I end up being proven wrong.
Ya, in actuality, your point is more valid given the track record that activision has taken with other games and cross platform DLC. Hopefully the way bungie is stating it, is a hint at that being towards account... So I hopefully you are wrong, if not then I'll be the one eating crow haha.

Ya, in actuality, your point is more valid given the track record that activision has taken with other games and cross platform DLC. Hopefully the way bungie is stating it, is a hint at that being towards account... So I hopefully you are wrong, if not then I'll be the one eating crow haha.
Considering CoD:G was an upgradable title and the map packs were cross-buy (more or less), it's entirely possible Activision might see the value in making the DLC cross-buy too. With that being said, we sadly live in a world where greed can make people blind to the most obvious of problems, which was the case with Battlefield 4. But in any case Matt Young is right, we don't know and no matter how much logic you can throw at the situation, if they don't want to make it cross-buy, then it won't be no matter how much better or more logical we think cross-buy DLC is.

They are trying to make a 10 year series where you bring your character from Game to expansion to expansion to next game, etc.  Bungie would be stupid to think even a minority of players will remain on 360/ps3 in 10 years.  It would only make sense for EVERYTHING going with your character.  Otherwise you will have a barrier that will likely lose them players just because of double purchasing.

The expansions will not bring just missions.  They are going to bring weapons, gear, abilities, powerups.  So what, when you go from PS3-PS4 you lose a bunch of upgrades and weapons? Some of those might have been actively equipped.

Ordered a Ghost PS3 from Amazon. Really want it for the PS4. I wonder if they will have any more stock or was this it? Should I cancel my order or hold it as being good enough? Keep, flip, or cancel?

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong also. I guess we'll find out in less than a month. I'm getting the PS4 limited edition, so it doesn't directly affect me, but it would be a very nice gesture if they were at least able to allow content to carry over within the same family of consoles.

Wow..it's good to see the LE and Ghosts becoming more available! Better for people who actually want the special editions to have and keep and worse for those who just want to make a profit. 

Wow..it's good to see the LE and Ghosts becoming more available! Better for people who actually want the special editions to have and keep and worse for those who just want to make a profit.
Yep. I think we will continue to see this until launch.. in spurts of course. Nothing tells me this is going to be very rare (any of the editions).

I'm really curious to know the exact numbers of these editions. It's strange, because you usually wouldn't have a problem preordering LEs of games up to 2 weeks before launch (some games even the day before launch). To be honest, I don't understand how these even go back in stock. There was numerous reports on the internet of people getting preorders canceled by retailers; then, two days later the LEs and GEs go back on sale from the same retailer and they would be back at square one. I mean it seems like they [Bungie] might even be playing some sort of game here (preorder hysteria hype + "hoarder" bait = profit). Perhaps it's just the cynic in me, as I doubt that they would actually be doing that. But if I'm unable to get in a preorder for the LE and I see 20 of them on the back shelves at gamestop the next Tuesday, I'm gonna call shenanigans. I don't know. That's just my two cents; which, ultimately, isn't worth very much...

Ordered a Ghost PS3 from Amazon. Really want it for the PS4. I wonder if they will have any more stock or was this it? Should I cancel my order or hold it as being good enough? Keep, flip, or cancel?
Do people think the ghost editions will be available again? I really want to cancel my ps3 order for a ps4 one.

a couple of bungie devs have said on other forums that ghost and LE quantities will continue to be released to retailers as they tweak manufacturing, but its obviously not enough to meet the demand, and you'll have to be pretty lucky to snag it before it goes OOS again.  

I would definitely NOT pre-order from Dell, Newegg, Walmart, or KMart as those places have historically been terrible at managing inventory numbers and getting stuff out in reasonable time frames.

we'll probably see some more ghosts and LEs from amazon/GS/BBY but your chances of snagging one are probably low unless you have setup alerts to go to your phone and are pretty fast in responding - like under a minute or two of the alert.

I really want to cancel my ps3 order for a ps4 one.
I want to swap my 360 for a PS3.

I'm thinking of buying a vanilla PS3 copy and then selling off the 360 disc, just to keep the goodies. Rather not have to go thru the hassle, but it is what it is.

Not sure if I'm going to keep my Amazon LE PS4 order.  I have the game already preordered at BB, but only standard.  With GCU and the $10 reward cert, it makes the game about $42.  The season pass will be $34.99, which I'm not sure I'd buy anyway without knowing any details.  Just not sure the print outs are worth the extra ~$30 buying on Amazon.  Wish I got the LE at BB :(

Not sure if I'm going to keep my Amazon LE PS4 order. I have the game already preordered at BB, but only standard. With GCU and the $10 reward cert, it makes the game about $42. The season pass will be $34.99, which I'm not sure I'd buy anyway without knowing any details. Just not sure the print outs are worth the extra ~$30 buying on Amazon. Wish I got the LE at BB :(
This. Still waiting for the LE to go back in stock at BB.

Wish there was an easy way to take it off your hands. I have the ghost PS3 from amazon but prefer for the PS4.
Well you could pay him for it then he just has to change the shipping address to your address. Done. Not that difficult. I did just that with a fellow CAG for the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition several years ago.

I'm still trying to get my hands on the Xbone Ghost Edition. I'm in a similar boat to you. I have the 360 Ghost edition preordered at Best Buy but would much rather have the Xbone one.

Well you could pay him for it then he just has to change the shipping address to your address. Done. Not that difficult. I did just that with a fellow CAG for the Bioshock 2 Limited Edition several years ago.

I'm still trying to get my hands on the Xbone Ghost Edition. I'm in a similar boat to you. I have the 360 Ghost edition preordered at Best Buy but would much rather have the Xbone one.
That would be awesome in theory. Send money to a stranger hoping he honors his word.

What process do you do? I'm interested. Not willing to pay extra but would either pay purchase price or swap for the PS3 Ghost that I have ordered from Amazon.
If someone has good feedback or a rep on here then it's safe. I have done some trading/selling/buying on here and haven't had a bad transaction yet. Just play it safe and only trade with regulars.

If someone has good feedback or a rep on here then it's safe. I have done some trading/selling/buying on here and haven't had a bad transaction yet. Just play it safe and only trade with regulars.
Yeah then new people who join will never get a good rep because you tell people to ignore them and only stick with regulars. Awesome idea.

Yeah then new people who join will never get a good rep because you tell people to ignore them and only stick with regulars. Awesome idea.
I think he meant for a transaction like the one at hand with sending a large payment.

New members can build reputation in regular transactions by sending their item first. Transactions like this it isn't possible.

Not sure if I'm going to keep my Amazon LE PS4 order. I have the game already preordered at BB, but only standard. With GCU and the $10 reward cert, it makes the game about $42. The season pass will be $34.99, which I'm not sure I'd buy anyway without knowing any details. Just not sure the print outs are worth the extra ~$30 buying on Amazon. Wish I got the LE at BB :(
I'm in the same boat. I had a LE preorder at BBY that was cancelled so I ended up just preordering a standard version there.

Managed to get a PS4 LE preordered at Amazon over the weekend but I doubt I'll keep it. With GCU it would have been one thing but it's hard to justify $100+tax at Amazon for LE vs. $38+tax at BBY for standard.

I don't know if I'll even like the game enough/play it long enough to take advantage of the Season Pass, so I might as well just stick with the cheap standard and the only thing I'll be missing out on are some printouts and in-game cosmetic stuff that doesn't feel like it's worth $25+ to me.

Probably would have taken the chance if I could have kept my LE preorder at BBY but the extra $30 that Amazon's charging kind of kills it.

Still have a PS3 Ghost edition coming from Amazon but hoping for a PS4 version instead. Looking for a swap or other suggestions. Other members said Amazon would let an item be delivered to another person's address. Great idea if anyone is interested.

bread's done
Back