destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

I was lucky enough to grab a PS4 Ghost copy. I hope it doesn't get canceled though. Thanks for posting OP I caught it just in time.

My apologies guys. While I made an account a while ago I would definitely consider myself new to this site. I will post in the appropriate place in the future.

My apologies guys. While I made an account a while ago I would definitely consider myself new to this site. I will post in the appropriate place in the future.
You did fine. Deals get buried in off topic threads sometimes and no one knew about it otherwise. The deal police around here tend to be slightly autistic. Thanks again for the post.

Don't apologies. Even though I missed the deal, it was great you posted it here. When a preorder game is going for well over retail before release, any qty at full price is a DEAL. Ignore the jackasses who say otherwise.

Yea I think its good looking out with this sort of thing, its not a bargain type of deal but being that it is out of stock everywhere and you saw it pop up makes it a deal I think. 

Ignore the dumbasses, I wouldn't have even known to look out for Destiny Ghost Editions on Amazon today if it wasn't for your thread, thanks a bunch OP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, OP!  I would argue that telling folks that a highly sought after item is back in stock IS a deal.

Retail over Inflated-Secondary-Market = Deal

Thank you, OP! I would argue that telling folks that a highly sought after item is back in stock IS a deal.

Retail over Inflated-Secondary-Market = Deal
Maybe, but how many of these folks are going to make the over-inflated secondary market even worse by grabbing extra copies to flip and preventing someone who just wants one at MSRP to actually play from getting one?

Maybe, but how many of these folks are going to make the over-inflated secondary market even worse by grabbing extra copies to flip and preventing someone who just wants one at MSRP to actually play from getting one?
The same number of folks that do that in any other deal thread, flippers gonna flip.

The same number of folks that do that in any other deal thread, flippers gonna flip.
That's my point, if the majority of these repetitive in-stock threads are just making it easy for flippers, it doesn't justify the inconvenience to the rest of us in having to wade through all this crap.

Why? Have the released production numbers? What leads you to believe it's going to be ultra limited? As far as I'm concerned this will be liked "most" activision COD releases where the special/limited/collector editions disappear a month or two before release, come back in stock in waves a week or two before release, sell out, and then are mysteriously back in stock post release.

I thought people would have caught onto that by now.
as far as I know Best Buy isn't in the business of just handing out free $50 credit
they did because they weren't going to be able to fulfill some preorders because of the limited availability
I don't know where the influx of additional Amazon stock came from but maybe they put in a large initial order and didn't make all stock available to order upon the initial listing (doubtful) or maybe they were first in to snag additional stock

You did more than what 60% of new comers actually do and help out people here. Nice job and thanks again for helping me snag an XB1 Destiny Ghost. I got it for only $100 because of some promo code added on :D

as far as I know Best Buy isn't in the business of just handing out free $50 credit
they did because they weren't going to be able to fulfill some preorders because of the limited availability
I don't know where the influx of additional Amazon stock came from but maybe they put in a large initial order and didn't make all stock available to order upon the initial listing (doubtful) or maybe they were first in to snag additional stock
You'd be surprised... they've handed out more for less...

Regardless I would be more surprised if this was the last of the allotment then if it came back in stock at multiple retailers in the next month. That has literally been the formula for just about every single big budget Activision game.

Saw post this morning and auto 1 clicked LE even though I have a ps3 paid off. My initial reaction after: I REGRET NOTHING!!!

Sucks I missed ghost though. Thanks for posting!

Couldn't have just bumped one of the other dozen threads about this MSRP deal?

Didn't hurt my feelings, that would imply youre more than just a random internet stranger to me. Just gets old seeing actual real deals where you save money or whatnot pushed off the page for deals that are just MSRP.
It sold out day one it went live so it is a big deal. I hate people mock others without having a clue.

Oh the choices, do I get the limited for ps4 or x1 ?
Kinda hoping someone won't pick up their copy of the limited in store so I can snatch it .

Damn night shift.  Was sleeping so I missed out.  I put a preorder down for the PS3 limited though, which is still in stock.  If you can redeem DLC Codes on PS3 and have them transfer to PS4, I'll sell the game disk.  Otherwise I'll just return/flip the limited and stick with the standard edition from BB w/GCU.

Will definitely jump on the next PS3/PS4 ghost edition I see though, or PS4 limited.

Ordered a Ghost edition for the PS3 tonight from Amazon. Will the extra content work for the PS4? Still hoping for more stock of the PS4 Ghost and I'll just cancel the PS3 order.

YES it does. Between ps3 and ps4 it works, Between 360 and one it works, because it pulls up your direct account. During beta I played on PS4, when the beta opened to all I downloaded it on PS3 and it was all there, it pulls all the details from the server side. All guns, purchases, characters, vault information, everything is the same.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---07182014/en/News/News?aid=11938

Claude Errera Apparently, characters created on the PS4 are available when the same account logs in on a PS3. Am I allowed to say that?

You’re allowed to say whatever you want, Mr. Errera. How are you today? You’re certainly looking well.

Your question points to a very interesting truth about how Destiny will work. As you’ve discovered, as your Guardian evolves it will be able to travel from one generation of console to the next. Just like hopping worlds, you can use the same Guardian on Next Gen and Legacy Gen consoles – so long as you stay in the same system. Ergo, you can move from PlayStation to PlayStation and from Xbox to Xbox, but not across product lines.

According to David Shaw, our self-professed Chief Pyrotechnical Officer, this was the plan all along, as we set out to build an adventure that would span generations. “Our service is built with flexibility in mind. As a player of Destiny, you have a Bungie account that’s bound to your PSN ID or your Xbox LIVE Gamertag, instead of a specific generation of device.”
Taken directly from the Bungie.net link I posted.

Wow so either go with these even tough I don't have a PS4 or buy the PS4 Destiny edition or just wing it and wait till BF... :whistle2:k

YES it does. Between ps3 and ps4 it works, Between 360 and one it works, because it pulls up your direct account. During beta I played on PS4, when the beta opened to all I downloaded it on PS3 and it was all there, it pulls all the details from the server side. All guns, purchases, characters, vault information, everything is the same.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---07182014/en/News/News?aid=11938

Taken directly from the Bungie.net link I posted.
Thanks so much! This is great news as I wasn't able to pick up an XB1 version. :D

360, Xbox One, PS4, and PS3 Limited Edition in stock!

EDIT: 360 Ghost Edition available.

Got one since I missed my chance for Best Buy and the current plan is to show up early for the midnight release and hope there's an extra.

bread's done
Back