destiny limited edition back in stock on amazon

Anyone know if Best Buy or any other retail store would carry the Limited Editions at their locations on midnight launch or the release day? Or would I have had to pre-order it?

Anyone know if Best Buy or any other retail store would carry the Limited Editions at their locations on midnight launch or the release day? Or would I have had to pre-order it?
This is what I'm hoping for, because I was only able to pre-order the standard edition, but would really like to get the limited.

Some employees tell me it's likely, the one jerk employee who thinks he's a badass tells me it's not. I'm not sure who to believe...

EVERYTIME I've gone on release day at gamestop or best buy and have asked for any extra copies but am generally shot down with the generic, "I'm sorry we don't have any extras, they are all for customers who preordered - we have to hold them for 7 days before we can sell them off to the public."

I stop in a month later and they have so many extra's that they make a game of thrones type of throne in the middle of the store made entirely of that specific game that was "so hard to get" - yeah I'm talking about you halo 3 / reach legendary / gears of war 3 epic edition.

EVERYTIME I've gone on release day at gamestop or best buy and have asked for any extra copies but am generally shot down with the generic, "I'm sorry we don't have any extras, they are all for customers who preordered - we have to hold them for 7 days before we can sell them off to the public."

I stop in a month later and they have so many extra's that they make a game of thrones type of throne in the middle of the store made entirely of that specific game that was "so hard to get" - yeah I'm talking about you halo 3 / reach legendary / gears of war 3 epic edition.
I sure hope they have copies available at the store because I want to start playing on launch day. I honestly wouldn't even care if I hadn't realized that the LE comes with the expansion pass, and that I'll likely be playing this game for a long time. I wonder if the GCU discount applies to the Expansion Pass itself.

I sure hope they have copies available at the store because I want to start playing on launch day. I honestly wouldn't even care if I hadn't realized that the LE comes with the expansion pass, and that I'll likely be playing this game for a long time. I wonder if the GCU discount applies to the Expansion Pass itself.
I can't decide what to do. I have a PS4 limited pre ordered with Amazon, as well as Ghost PS3 and Ghost 360.... Obviously I won't get GCU with those.... I could also get a reg copy at best buy for $51 with GCU+tax and then get the expansion on its own, total cost $86.....(and would net me a $10 certificate...)

Just can't decide if I need the limited....,. If best buy had LE on launch night I would probably get that though.....

I can't decide what to do. I have a PS4 limited pre ordered with Amazon, as well as Ghost PS3 and Ghost 360.... Obviously I won't get GCU with those.... I could also get a reg copy at best buy for $51 with GCU+tax and then get the expansion on its own, total cost $86.....(and would net me a $10 certificate...)

Just can't decide if I need the limited....,. If best buy had LE on launch night I would probably get that though.....
I'm curious how "LIMITED" these really are going to be and the same with the Ghost Edition

IMO the limited is only worth it with GCU. With it you save like $3 compared to buying just the regular at bb with gcu and the season pass. At all regular prices to me it isnt worth the extra $5 compared to just getting the game and pass separately.

Ship that limited to me and I'll paypal you the money to cover it.

IMO the limited is only worth it with GCU. With it you save like $3 compared to buying just the regular at bb with gcu and the season pass. At all regular prices to me it isnt worth the extra $5 compared to just getting the game and pass separately.
Yea I mean, its not a huge difference though.... and the steel book is always nice. Tough decision. Wish I wouldn't have slacked on the limited best buy pre-order ages ago....

Newegg is known for randomly "backordering" things they don't actually have stock in..I pre-ordered the ghost at newegg but..doubt i'll get it. Newegg is super shitty.

I still have a PS3 Ghost on order through Amazon. Really hoping the PS4 version becomes available again so I can switch my order. I ended upgrading systems after my initial preorder was placed.

Thanks for the update ;)

Still praying for those Xbox One Ghost editions to show up. We are close to release :pray:
Pray in one hand and crap in the other, tell me which hand fills up first. :pray:

I can't see the xbox one or ps4 restocking until slightly after release when all the first round of credit card declines hit.

I hate to bring this back up, but I looked back a few pages without finding an answer. Will the Xbox 360/PS3 versions carry over onto the new generation?

Like if I redeemed the code on my Xbox 360 console, would that content carry over to my Xbox One character? Aren't they within the same ecosystem (PS3/PS4 + XB360/XB1)?

I can't, for the life of me, get my hands on a Ghost Edition for the XB1. I've been stalking a bunch of different stores with zero luck. I'm wondering if the 360 version will still allow me to get that collector's edition content.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to bring this back up, but I looked back a few pages without finding an answer. Will the Xbox 360/PS3 versions carry over onto the new generation?

Like if I redeemed the code on my Xbox 360 console, would that content carry over to my Xbox One character? Aren't they within the same ecosystem (PS3/PS4 + XB360/XB1)?

I can't, for the life of me, get my hands on a Ghost Edition for the XB1. I've been stalking a bunch of different stores with zero luck. I'm wondering if the 360 version will still allow me to get that collector's edition content.

I have a PS3 ghost edition on order but have recently gotten a PS4. Wish I could now get the PS4 ghost edition instead. I was also wishing all the content could just be used on which ever system you choose to install it on.

I have a PS3 ghost edition on order but have recently gotten a PS4. Wish I could now get the PS4 ghost edition instead. I was also wishing all the content could just be used on which ever system you choose to install it on.

I have 1 extra Ghost version from Amazon pre ordered  for the PS4. I was going to just cancel it, but I'll take offers on it. The price needs to be more than $163 of course and you have to have good feedback on CAG as well. It will include the pre order bonuses as well. I am getting mine from Best Buy because of the GCU. I may just cancel it. 

I have 1 extra Ghost version from Amazon pre ordered for the PS4. I was going to just cancel it, but I'll take offers on it. The price needs to be more than $163 of course and you have to have good feedback on CAG as well. It will include the pre order bonuses as well. I am getting mine from Best Buy because of the GCU. I may just cancel it.
So you need to make a profit or you may just cancel it?

I just assumed most people had free shipping on amazon and could change the delivery address to the new buyer. Sorry if I misunderstood.
He can probably do that with Amazon, but they may be charging him sales tax where he is, plus PayPal takes about 3.5% from him as well if that is a method of payment he is going to accept.

He can probably do that with Amazon, but they may be charging him sales tax where he is, plus PayPal takes about 3.5% from him as well if that is a method of payment he is going to accept.
might be sales tax where he at but if someone buy it whose state don't have sales tax then there wouldn't be none since sales tax is based on the shipping address, and with PayPal pay as a friend or family and there would be no fee for that transaction

I just tried with PayPal and there wasn't any discount applied. Walmart doesn't offer same day free delivery either. Unfortunately I'll still be waiting for amazon. Thanks for the heads up though.

I just tried with PayPal and there wasn't any discount applied. Walmart doesn't offer same day free delivery either. Unfortunately I'll still be waiting for amazon. Thanks for the heads up though.
I got $5 off with paypal select... looked it up and only selected paypal members get offer.

That is exactly what is happening. I tried to offer what he paid plus a bit more, he seemed like he was fine with it and now suddenly he wants to charge a premium. His loss, he can cancel and make $0 instead of helping a CAG and earning some pocket. I have an LE I offered plus the difference, he declined that as well. Stay away.
I knew by what he said that he was going to try and take advantage of people. Hate that sh!t. I'm still hoping to see a restock come in so all the inventory hoarders trying to flip for a huge profit get screwed over. Let the real gamers have a chance already. I wish my PS3 ghost I have coming from amazon could some how be converted into PS4 content through the PSN. It all cost the freaken same and is available by digital so why can't I choose which system I install it on??

bread's done
Back