Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Me and 7 helped Rev get to the lighthouse but unfortunately we started on our 2-1 cards from last night so no trip for us. :( Did get the boots and the titan helmet from the gold package though. Also got a pretty cool legendary osirus emblem that I hadn't seen before.

Me and 7 helped Rev get to the lighthouse but unfortunately we started on our 2-1 cards from last night so no trip for us. :( Did get the boots and the titan helmet from the gold package though. Also got a pretty cool legendary osirus emblem that I hadn't seen before.
I have to stop aiming low, always just want the armor and thats enough. If we had started a new card we would have went to the lighthouse. WHY DIDNT WE GET A NEW CARD!? :wall: FROM NOW ON WE GET NEW CARD IF WE GET A LOSS!

But i did get the warlock boots and the gold package gave me the warlock helmet so i cant be that mad. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah that's all I care about now is getting 9-0 especially after we know for sure now that we can do it. I still say we should stick with me as host. It may have also been the time of day but I swear most of the people in my area suck haha.

Got to da house 2x just yesterday despite the losing motivation at the start of ToO when I got wrecked by snipers. I got an invitation from two guys in the Reef, decided to go with em and I glad that I did that, though I didn't use mic we lost only once, 2 easy wins when the other teams disconnected. Didn't get anything worth noting though from da house.

Yeah that's all I care about now is getting 9-0 especially after we know for sure now that we can do it. I still say we should stick with me as host. It may have also been the time of day but I swear most of the people in my area suck haha.
It does seem that the time of the day plays into how well you can do in ToO + thinking you can actually do it. From what I've played after 12 AM is just hardcore PvP players :bs:

It does seem that the time of the day plays into how well you can do in ToO + thinking you can actually do it. From what I've played after 12 AM is just hardcore PvP players :bs:
Yeah, 5PM to 11PM were the golden hours. The competition got noticeably better after 11PM last night. If one or 2 of the guys have the exotic emblem on, you'll get a couple of free wins from ppl disconnecting.

Yeah, 5PM to 11PM were the golden hours. The competition got noticeably better after 11PM last night. If one or 2 of the guys have the exotic emblem on, you'll get a couple of free wins from ppl disconnecting.
So the guy that suggested playing at those hours wasn't kidding :whistle2:k. I'll try to be on as early as possible tonight then :twoguns:

Thanks Arjay and 7 for the flawless run! I knew i had faith in you all when i spent the remnant of my passage coins before i joined in on you. I had to go to the comic shop to pick up some stuff after and the rain/drizzle didn't help. Here was my lonely journey to the lighthouse.

Wish you were here!

wBHg1u1.jpg
pD6NFlt.jpg
VEZDPGp.jpg

bzUdANN.jpg

yY0rE9m.jpg

Damn, now i want to get there even more after seeing those photos! Glad you got to go though, it was our fault for not getting a new card. At least someone got to go.

At least we know we have to capability to go flawless. Hopefully next week we can try and have a go at it again if you guys have an open spot.

The last match was really close 5-4. I could feel my heart beat through the controller.

Also does anyone know what the 2 extra circles are going to be in the reef? On the map select screen three lines go out from the outpost and one goes to PoE and the other two are blank. I hope its not for future dlc and its something that will be opened up to us at a later date.

At least we know we have to capability to go flawless. Hopefully next week we can try and have a go at it again if you guys have an open spot.

The last match was really close 5-4. I could feel my heart beat through the controller.

Also does anyone know what the 2 extra circles are going to be in the reef? On the map select screen three lines go out from the outpost and one goes to PoE and the other two are blank. I hope its not for future dlc and its something that will be opened up to us at a later date.
I was nervous and I didn't even have anything on the line haha.

I've heard those 2 circles are for the 2 reef main story missions.

Oh and what element did you roll on the Jewel?

So I just made the flawless with my titan! And a couple of matches later a friend made his flawless... Shit got real when I was on my eight and were down 2-4 and I didn't had any boon, man I almost had a hearth attack when on the match point for both teams and it was only me against two of them covering my friend's orbs and I trow the lightning grenade and I manage to kill the two of them but then the thorn damage killed me... Then one friend revived just to win the match!

Shhhh, don't tell anyone but.....

EVERY time you get to the last day before reset in an MMO, most people who are still attempting to do matchmaking/limited-time events are the terrible, mouth breathing, desperate, frothing-at-the-mouth tard bars that you would never EVER want to be stuck playing with.

You are playing AGAINST these people.

Go forth and become legend, guardians. Your opponents are riding the short-sparrow to Trials of Osiris.

*I managed to snag a Skolas kill, then went 9-0 in ToO back-to-back. Then we went back in and won again.*

Shhhh, don't tell anyone but.....

EVERY time you get to the last day before reset in an MMO, most people who are still attempting to do matchmaking/limited-time events are the terrible, mouth breathing, desperate, frothing-at-the-mouth tard bars that you would never EVER want to be stuck playing with.

You are playing AGAINST these people.

Go forth and become legend, guardians. Your opponents are riding the short-sparrow to Trials of Osiris.

*I managed to snag a Skolas kill, then went 9-0 in ToO back-to-back. Then we went back in and won again.*
You must be on a different server than me. EVERY matchup I got put in were nothing but people who had teams of 9-0 participants. Every person had the exotic emblem and sniper experts who could kill you with a damn shoulder shot. No idea how I have such bad luck with Trials matchmaking.

Although I have some great CAG's on my friend list, they are usually in matches already. So I need to find randoms in the reef or reddit to find a 3rd member. They generally have poor communication and tend to wander to the opposite side of the map with no chance for a revive (effectively making it a 3-on-2 situation). Hopefully next week will be better.

Looking forward to the Iron Banner event this week.

Anyone want to run 1 nightfall with me around 8:30 pm cst?
I would like to join you for that.

Variks surprisingly carries helmets this week rather than boots. So if Saladin is selling 42 Light boots as Iron Banner rewards, this could totally make up for my lack of playtime last week. And I know I can get a couple Etheric Light by week's end.

I would like to join you for that.
Variks surprisingly carries helmets this week rather than boots. So if Saladin is selling 42 Light boots as Iron Banner rewards, this could totally make up for my lack of playtime last week. And I know I can get a couple Etheric Light by week's end.
Although not confirmed, the Iron Banner gear is likely 36 light. Since you can get 2 Etheric Light as IB rewards (at Rank 3 and 5), it would seem like they are giving you the option on if you want to ascend them to 42 or ascend a different piece of armor.

Yeah, who knows? Last time the level cap was increased, the next Iron Banner had gear at the old level. Then it was increased to the new max the following month.

Sounds good. I will be on earlier but have to leave at 7pm because one of my kids is very selfish. She got into National Honors society and the awards ceremony is today. I have to go to that. I don't know why they don't take into consideration that Tuesday is Destiny day. Soon as I get back, I'll send out invites. I think 8:15pm CST should be a safe bet. I'll knock out the weekly before I go. I will do iron banner because I suck at  TOO and this will be my best way to get lvl 34

If the IB don't carries the Felwiner's then I'm out, I'll be playing skirmishes until I get the Matador64 or the Partycrasher +1, I'll also do the PoE lv 32 and lv 34 and hopefully get the exotic bounty... that fusion/sniper is insane!

New Patch!

Key Highlights
  • The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key
  • Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests at the end of the Prison of Elders
  • Increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from Ether Chests

Prison of Elders
  • Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests
  • Class Items will now drop from Level 32, Level 34, and Level 35 
  • Fixed a bug in which the Ship (Hildian Seeker) did not drop under certain circumstances
  • Fixed a bug in which the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty could not be acquired if your Bounty inventory was full
  • You will need to defeat Skolas again to receive the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty
  • Damage caused by Qodron’s Gaze is reduced by 25%
  • Damage multiplier for the Jailbreaker buff increased by 100%

Trials of Osiris
  • Fixed an issue in which Trials of Osiris emblems were not sent to the Postmaster if your Emblem inventory was full
  • Passage Coins can now be dismantled

Weekly Heroics
  • Fixed an issue where the Weekly Heroic strikes did not award engrams (Note: Tooltip will not display them as rewards)

World
  • Ether Chests may only be looted once per spawn
  • Ether Chests will no longer grant ammo consumables when opened
  • Ether Chests will now grant a small amount of Queen's Wrath reputation when opened
  • Ether Chests now have a chance to drop Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment

Quests
  • Petra will no longer display a quest waypoint for players who have not purchased House of Wolves
  • Fixed a bug in which players abandoning the ‘Gone to Ground’ quest were still being directed to the Venus Patrol

Bounties
  • The first Wanted Fallen Bounty completed each week is now guaranteed to drop a Treasure Key

Weapons
  • Fixed a bug in which the 1.2.0.1 hotfix mistakenly did not contain the 1.1.1 Fusion Rifle balance changes.  As a result, players were playing with its pre-1.1.1 weapon balance state.  The original fix has been re-applied.

Items
  • Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment can now be dismantled to gain +10 House of Judgement reputation each 
  • Ammo consumables can now stack to 100

New Patch!

• You will need to defeat Skolas again to receive the ‘Elder Cipher’ Bounty
Does that means that you'll need to beat skolas once, doesn't matter which week or does it means that you have to beat him once every week or that you only get the bounty by beating skolas?

New Patch!

Key Highlights
  • Greatly increased the drop rate of Treasure Keys from the small chests at the end of the Prison of Elders
Items
  • Tokens of Flight, Identity, and Judgment can now be dismantled to gain +10 House of Judgement reputation each
  • Ammo consumables can now stack to 100
Nice! Those are some welcomed changes. Finally ammo consumables can now stack to 100! I'm surprised it's taken this long to implement that, especially since you can't dismantle all of those special ammo synthesis acquired from the Ether Chest raiding. Good grief.

• Ether Chests may only be looted once per spawn

boo! boo!

What's the most times anyone's ever grabbed the same chest? My best ever is 4.
The most I was able to grab any chest was 3 times, but I could do that pretty reliably from most spots. A few times I was close to catching it a 4th time but the chest would disappear just a few seconds out of reach. I don't know if it was just me but Treasure Keys would rarely drop on the first opening and would usually drop on the 2nd or 3rd most of the time. So random.

Iron Banner bounties are much easier now! Capture 15 Control zones. 15 heavy weapon kills. 3 machine gun sprees. Then the same old XP, melee kill, and 10 kills without dying. The last one is the only challenging bounty.

Of course, my dreams were crushed when I saw that everyone else was right and the armor is 36 Light. But the new armor does look sexy, as does the new Titan ass-cape.

Etheric Light will cost you 5,000 glimmer at rank 3.

Killed Skolas got 2 Cipher quests!
RNGesus smiles on you today. Go open some Ether Chests and loadup on some extra keys before th luck runs off.

On a serious note, really need to find some people to run Skolas. Too many of my usual crew are wreckless in PoE.

I was running patrol bounties with my Hunter when totallyjem invited me to a Nightfall. Got a Legendary engram that turned into Red Death, which I did not have before. Good stuff. Hopefully I can have similar luck when running through again with my Titan later tonight.

Nightfalls were super easy this week with solar/arc burn and the primary buffs. I used my 365 vision of confluence and fang of ir yet and most guys were dead in one shot. The yellow bar hydras took about 10 hits to kill. Even the priest seemed like he would get stun locked every hit from my gun, but there was also the other two shooting at him so i dont know. But its super easy and took us like 10-15 minutes to beat. I ended up getting etheric light twice and the warlock gloves that give you a 2nd scorch melee.

Did POE on 32 and 34 they were both pretty easy. Ended up opening the big chest three times and got a 177 intellect alpha lupi for the titan. Other times it was a bust, just getting queen guns. I did get the titan ass cape though, so i want to run it again to get the hunter cape.

I logged in early and bought the etheric light, boots, gloves, and cape for the warlock. IDK the boots are definitely worse looking than the previous ones for the hunter. The new ones make my female hunter look like a hooker. I dont even really like the warlock gear, but i will probably play iron banner to get the titan gloves, they look better than the previous ones. Also i do like the ass cape so i want that too. But i wont put that much time into iron banner. Its a bummer the gear is still kind of crappy. Having stats for auto rifles, scout rifles, and no heavy weapon bonus for the boots suck. Almost makes them not even worth wearing honestly. I usually never wear boots unless they give more heavy ammo.

Man, I hate control so much. I wish they would make IB Clash every now and then. Control is just so dumb.

"Hey the ticker is moving down on A, let's rush three people over there for at least one kill!"

Also, I don't get how stupid some people are when it comes to heavy ammo. I've run into two types of people so far today:

1. The person who grabs it when other teammates are on their way and he can't wait two seconds even though there are no enemies around.
2. The person who waits way too long and gets rushed by the other team.

If no one is around you: wait for your team. If your radar is lighting up or you see enemies rushing, just grab it. Even if you die, at least you prevent the enemy from getting it.

Regarding the patch: I was really hoping they'd reward the emblem to people who didn't get it when they were supposed to. It sucks that I missed out on a rare reward because of Bungie's error. They could easily do a scan for anyone who has the Lighthouse grimoire, but not the Osiris grimoire, and send an emblem to their post master.

looks like this is per account, NOT per character. got 1 from turning in the 1st bounty w/ my Hunter, DID NOT get 1 from 1st bounty turn in w/ my Titan.

looks like this is per account, NOT per character. got 1 from turning in the 1st bounty w/ my Hunter, DID NOT get 1 from 1st bounty turn in w/ my Titan.
This sucks, but at least it is 1 guaranteed key per week.

I got zip from from farming the wolves in that first week and have only been able to get 5 total from those chests. And that was from hitting the chests several times per event.

Hmmm I turned stuff in on two characters and got 3 keys between them so far. One for turning stuff in and one from a queen package, then one for turning stuff in, but maybe its just in the loot table with coins and stuff.

Nightfalls x 3 = purple engram (FWC fusion I already got), Lucky Raspberry with better stats, and Dragons Breath I think I get more of these than NLB wah wah...

Did one prison on 32 and opened the big chest and got the queens pulse rifle and the legendary hunter cape. Now with the helmet and exotic boots my hunter is 34 and ready for prison on 34 I guess. That titan helmet is so hilariously ugly...strong like bull!

Doing Iron Banner for sure on at least one or two characters for the armor and etheric light and guns...Someone sent me a picture of them getting a gjally drop during IB...lucky bastich. I'll probably start on my warlock and try and do the void kills for another thorn. 

So I can confirm you continue to gain Queen's rep beyond rank 3 (and at rank 3 you get an emblem!), so it's looking like we can get more Queen's Packages that way.

Also apparently field scout is no longer available on the re-roll table for Jolder's Hammer! SOOOOOOoooo happy I blew through the motes of light that I did last month for IB to get my perfect roll.

Gonna be great to wreck faces again for the Iron Banana.

Monte Carlo was my jam in Crucible before they cut the nuts off the auto rifles.
So after fully upgrading the Monte Carlo I've come to like it more than I thought I would. The melee refresh has come in handy more than a few times. I ran a few rounds with it in the IB and it surprisingly held up pretty well despite the nuts being removed. I ended with a 3.2 and 2.8 both times. Of course other things contributed to that, but it still has some life to it.

Also, I don't get how stupid some people are when it comes to heavy ammo. I've run into two types of people so far today:

1. The person who grabs it when other teammates are on their way and he can't wait two seconds even though there are no enemies around.
2. The person who waits way too long and gets rushed by the other team.
Pretty much this on any team PvP game type. I hate when people can't wait a few more seconds for the good of the team. Selfish jerks! At least the Special ammo stays there for you if you're within range.

So I can confirm you continue to gain Queen's rep beyond rank 3 (and at rank 3 you get an emblem!), so it's looking like we can get more Queen's Packages that way.

Also apparently field scout is no longer available on the re-roll table for Jolder's Hammer! SOOOOOOoooo happy I blew through the motes of light that I did last month for IB to get my perfect roll.

Gonna be great to wreck faces again for the Iron Banana.
I reached rank 3 on my Titan and Warlock today but only the Warlock received the new emblem. So I'm curious if it's only one per account or if the Queen decided that one was enough for me.

No more field scout for Jolder's Hammer? Boo. Of course on the flip side it benefits those of us who have a few Jolder's with field scout from past IBs. I still have a prefect roll from the first IB with 300 dmg. Now I'm kind of glad I've kept it around.

I was kind of all over the board doing things in Destiny today. I was really happy to get at least one 32 PoE finished to get the Titan airplane-wings helmet and get to 34 (thanks totallyjem). There's so much to do in a given week now. I had to step out right when a few of you sent invites. Sorry about that, I would've joined up otherwise.

I'm going to try (again) to get a group together for 32 PoE tonight. I'm usually on between 6 and 8:30 Central (then it's Tivo/Netflix time w/ the wife.) Need 2 runs, THEN I'll finally move on to IB.

bread's done
Back