Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Matt Young said:
Got my 3rd Thorn bounty after being killed by the gun 834 times this week. Maybe this time I can actually rack up the void kills. Probably not, though, because I have no void primary besides Atheon's Epilogue.
It took me a while but I did it on my Warlock using Vex Mythoclast, some secondary that I never used, and a void machine gun. So basically I only got the occasional kill via weapons. However, with Voidwalker you can get void kills from melee, grenades, and your super. I tried using Atheon's Epilogue and even Word of Crota but I found I was just getting outgunned most of the time and that was making me lose more progress than simply using Vex Mythoclast which would at least keep me from dying so much.

Of course this week I'm using Thorn ;).

I originally had the bounty on my Hunter but I gave up on that and just waited for it to pop up on my Warlock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my 3rd Thorn bounty after being killed by the gun 834 times this week. Maybe this time I can actually rack up the void kills. Probably not, though, because I have no void primary besides Atheon's Epilogue.
I used Word of Crota, Felwinter's Lie (or void sniper depending on the map) and a void heavy machine gun. Word of a Crota is surprising powerful but the shotgun will be your go to weapon. Make sure to crouch around corners and just wait for your opportunities. Trying to run around and seeking people out will make it hard (since deaths reset your progress). A Warlock will help but I did it with my Hunter in an afternoon. Good luck.

Anyone interested in running Vault of Glass Hard mode tonight? Trying to get a full team of 6 to knock it out "quickly". Let me know if your interested.

Warlock has it easier to get the Thorn bounty completed. I did it with a Hunter / Word of Crota / Her Courtesy shotgun and child labor.

I could some advice for levelling up my son. He is only lvl 24 completed the main story and some of the 1st expansion. I think he is only rank 1 in vanguard and crucible. What would be the fastest way to get him to lvl 32? He has a few ledgenary weapons, but mainly sitting on a lot of blue gear. He will have a lot more time to play during the summer and it would be nice having 1 more person to do missions with

There are a couple options. Leveling both Vanguard and Crucible to Rank 3 unlock their gear for purchase. You also get trophies for leveling those. Crucible is faster to level than Vanguard. Wearing a faction class item causes both Crucible and Vanguard rep to go toward that faction. You can then buy their weapons and armor at Rank 3.

tukai - how are you guys planning on playing together? 2 PS4's? If so, do you each have a copy of the game and DLC? Or can you DL the game on both and still play together? 

School's out this week and I was seriously considering buying another PS4 and copy of Destiny so my son and I could play together.

If it's early enough (before 9 Central), I'd be down for a VoG Hard run.

LOL I was still on mic with 7 finishing up some IB bounties when I ran across a dude that could take a rocket and a golden gun and not die. He showed up in the next game as well. When he was hit by a direct rocket the blast sent him sideways across the map alive.

Got my hunter up to rank 3 tho...plan is to do the bounties and hopefully everyone makes it to five tonight and fast with the buff and the multi character buff. My warlock is almost 4 I think so it should be no problem, I just will need fast glimmer...Maybe farming 28 prison small chests?

I used Word of Crota, Felwinter's Lie (or void sniper depending on the map) and a void heavy machine gun. Word of a Crota is surprising powerful but the shotgun will be your go to weapon. Make sure to crouch around corners and just wait for your opportunities. Trying to run around and seeking people out will make it hard (since deaths reset your progress). A Warlock will help but I did it with my Hunter in an afternoon. Good luck.
I finished up the Thorn bounty on my Hunter again during Iron Banner. 2nd time I've finished it on my Hunter and 4th time overall. No idea why I did it that many times. I just kept accepting the exotic bounties and let them stack up and work on them whenever iron banner came back around. Won't be doing any of the old exotic bounties again as I already have 2 or 3 of all of the old exotics.

Hunter was by far the most difficult since they do not have void grenades or supers, but actually the ability to turn invisible by crouching as a Bladedancer made it a bit easier to sneak up on people. Rolled with Word of Crota, Swordbreaker and Void Jolder's Hammer. Now that I have a void Matador it would probably be a bit easier.

I finished up the Thorn bounty on my Hunter again during Iron Banner. 2nd time I've finished it on my Hunter and 4th time overall. No idea why I did it that many times. I just kept accepting the exotic bounties and let them stack up and work on them whenever iron banner came back around. Won't be doing any of the old exotic bounties again as I already have 2 or 3 of all of the old exotics.

Hunter was by far the most difficult since they do not have void grenades or supers, but actually the ability to turn invisible by crouching as a Bladedancer made it a bit easier to sneak up on people. Rolled with Word of Crota, Swordbreaker and Void Jolder's Hammer. Now that I have a void Matador it would probably be a bit easier.

tukai - how are you guys planning on playing together? 2 PS4's? If so, do you each have a copy of the game and DLC? Or can you DL the game on both and still play together?

School's out this week and I was seriously considering buying another PS4 and copy of Destiny so my son and I could play together.

2 ps4

2 physical copies of the game

We share DLC. On his physical ps4, I activated it as my primary. On my ps4, he is the primary. I download the DLC on his Ps4, and he can access it when logged under his user ID. I can play on my ps4 and he can play on his and we both can access DLC for the price of 1

I finished another thorn bounty in a few hours during this IB with word of crota, sword breaker, and corrective measure on my warlock. I did it previously before the autorifle nerf with atheons epilogue and a different void shotty on my hunter. I just picked it up again. I will save the pvp part for the next IB :)

Hey that reminds me...I need to do that strike sometime after IB ends...

Got three exotics from doing trials! One from the chest in the lighthouse (obsidian), one from the 8 wins package (suros), then another from leveling up the cryptarch and turning in a legendary engram (light beyond nemesis)! 

eb8OJ4O.jpg

Damn man im jealous now. We tried some trials today and had 6 wins 0 losses and the free loss boon yet to be used. Then the game decides to boot one of our members in the middle of the next match, we ended up losing obviously since it was 3 v 2. Then we search again and it finds us three players with the exotic emblem and we get mauled. After we finally get a loss on our card it finds an easy team we crushed afterwards. Way to fuck us over, then pour salt in our wounds.

You must be the "me" of the PS4. It is a running joke with me and the people I play with on the Xbox One that I will always get Thunderlords. I've lost track but I've gotten at least 8-10 (or possible more) of them. I had a stretch where I got 4 or 5 in two weeks. More recently I got one with my first PoE chest opening on day 1 of the DLC, and then got another from a Nightfall. It is by far the exotic I have gotten the most of - even more than No Land Beyond and Dragon's Breath. I've gotten at least twice as many Thunderlords than anything else.
Hahaha. It does sound like we're alternate console counterparts. The first exotic I ever received was a Thunderlord too. I've lost track as well, but I think I'm right around 11 at this point. I've received 6 from all of the time I've put into the Crucible and Iron Banner. I also got one from opening the PoE chest for the first time. It'd be interesting to know the data behind if some exotics have a higher drop rate than others or if it's supposedly an equal chance on everything available. I'm sure someone has looked into this.

Got my hunter to Rank 5 last night :D/ .  That catch-up buff made a huge difference in progress.

I had to play a whole lot more during the previous IB and that was just to hit rank 4 on my toons, where this time I hit 5 for all of them.

Got all 6 of my EL's, one Gheleon's Demise, one Gold Spiral and one armor piece (forget which toon).

But I am sooo burned out on crucible right now... don't know if I even want to try Trials today.

The lag just got so bad.  And a lot of funny stuff happening with some players that I've gotta call Ofc Barbrady and scream... SHENANIGANS!

Just ruined this whole event for me.  Trials seems to have dredged up some really scummy people and they're hanging around for IB.

-one guy could run thru a stream of HMG fire, take no damage and melee m

-another could appear right next to you, shotgun you and then appear on the other side of the map and do the same to a teammate.  And no, it wasn't a stealther or blinker... just someone  who studied under Keanu Reeves, apparently

-then there's the tight match where heavy is about to drop and one by one, my teammates get load screens and "trying to reconnect" messages.  By the time we're back in, the other team had gotten the heavy and captures all the points.

Don't mind me, just venting

So last night I decided to solo my last NF for the week on my Hunter after getting all three guardians to rank 5 in the IB. After easily running through with the arc/solar burn combo and to my surprise, the heavens opened up and Destiny finally hands me a Gjallarhorn. Holy fuck smokes! I raised my hands, smiled, collapsed in relief and then went to bed.

I am at peace.

Also, I am always willing to do raid runs of VOG nm/hm and any Crota
We are looking at running VoG hard mode around 8pm EST.

If anyone else wants to join the VoG hard mode tonight, let me know.

Did you guys see...

...the post on Reddit about The Taken King coming in September? Apparently the guy who posted it sent his info to the mods and they were able to verify that it looked legit and he wasn't just talking out his ass. Looks like thst huge expansion that's been rumored for a while. New subclasses, too!

Congratulations, Motiv! Welcome to the club.

Tukai, I want to do a Nightfall tomorrow but probably won't be on at the time you mentioned. My availability is mostly the same from day to day.

Would love to do a raid normally, but I have a lot to do tonight on Destiny. Gotta hit rank 5 on Titan and Hunter, finish weekly Wolves bounties on the Hunter, and earn enough glimmer to buy that Etheric Light and IB scout rifle.

Seems like the VoG is a no go tonight (can't get a full team). We should try to put something together for next week. Too many people finishing IB and ToO.

So this happened yesterday while messing around in the Iron Banner. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxp46ggm5ek

I thought it was pretty funny and the timing worked out well. Too bad I couldn't get all three to go down at once but the placement wasn't in the right place.

Finished ToO on my hunter and got a Solar Burn Jewels of Osiris. I would love to have the scout rifle. I then proceeded to open up the ToO packages and get 3 more jewels of osiris'. I need to learn how to play with my striker titan in PvP, i can never super properly and I end up either further away from the enemy or I barely move an inch and I end up killing no one.

Well ToO was not good to me last week couldn't get passed 4 wins... really thought I had those gauntlets after going 4-0 but we went greedy and decided to not purchase the boons (the double and the mercy) until we were 5-0 to go directly to 7-0... we ended up handing our asses three times in a row, the first of those three was the most cruel one because we were winning 4-2.

Now I just hope that this week's map is not as open as this one was so I don't have to suffer all those blink jumpers anymore :/

Well it was a good IB week for sure. Seems I've been able to hold my ground better than during previous IBs. Wished the same could be said about ToO. Tried it last night with some friend I promised to do it with, but one kept going too far or going solo or not listening. Went 4-0 and then lost 3 in a row  :drool:

I do have 9 etheric lights tough  :D/ . 

Well it was a good IB week for sure. Seems I've been able to hold my ground better than during previous IBs. Wished the same could be said about ToO. Tried it last night with some friend I promised to do it with, but one kept going too far or going solo or not listening. Went 4-0 and then lost 3 in a row :drool:

I do have 9 etheric lights tough :D/ .
You should have done it with us.

Going to do 3 nightfalls tonight 8PM EST. Join if you're interested. https://www.the100.io/game/169516

Well it was a good IB week for sure. Seems I've been able to hold my ground better than during previous IBs. Wished the same could be said about ToO. Tried it last night with some friend I promised to do it with, but one kept going too far or going solo or not listening. Went 4-0 and then lost 3 in a row :drool:

I do have 9 etheric lights tough :D/ .
That exact thing happened to me, one of my team was always going solo leaving us sometimes 2 vs 3...

Got 2 out of 3 guys to 5 last night in IB. Man IB was busy as hell. I seem to do better when I play alone instead of a full team. I have no idea why but I'm thinking some of my friends are spread out across the country, but solo they just match by location ensuring a better connection maybe? Its fun to play with a full team though. I am much better at pvp after this week lol. 

I ended up not doing my titan past level 3 because it was freaking almost 2 am and also the new arms are not as cool as the old ones...

I might not even be on tonight...wiped out and kind of tired of destiny after this weekend. I did 28 3 times and 32 2 times POE, and also 34 twice, plus at least 12 hours of IB...

I want that damn messenger pulse rifle though...anyone want to teach me how to do trials?

P.S. I want more vault space...I dont even have any of the Trials or POE guns and I'm out of room again between old and new IB guns and queen guns, and VOG guns, and Crota guns...I'm even cutting back to one of each of those and still running very low on space.

P.P.S. Are any of the POE vendor guns worth buying? I just saved my two cores this week...

Jem, I am the same way with Iron Banner. Didn't matter last night, anyway. 7th invited me once, but that happened while I was away for an hour. By the time I returned, the fireteam was full. I left my Titan dancing in the tower and he was still dancing when I came back.

It took me til around 11 P.M., but I got both my Titan and Hunter to Rank 5. Now I have 4 Etheric Light and next to no glimmer. But I'll take it! I've also still got a weapon core.

Tukai: I appreciate that, but I wasn't thinking about this before... Elder Scrolls Online comes out today and I have to pick up my preorder from Best Buy. Then there's the install and update. So I'll have to sit this one out.

Kinda a chill day yesterday.

Finished IB on Sunday night and needed glimmer to buy some more stuff from ole Saladhead.

I was thinking of buying the arms and class item for all toons but just didn't care enough after getting my ELs.

So I just cashed in a bunch of glimmer consumables that were sitting in my vault and bought arms only.  The class items do look better than the old stuff but didn't care enough to bother.

Cleaned up the last QW bounties  and got into a crota group to ensure I miss getting Black Hammer. 

At least it's reset day and a fresh start. 

The 32 PoE should be a cakewalk (it was pretty easy when it was 34 last week).  Don't know about the 34 but kinda want to skip it for now and bust Skolas in the chops since it's s'pose to be Solar burn and release the last bit of my IB rage.

langdon_alger said:
:drool:

another Nightfall, another case where the guy above and below me get an Etheric Light and I get another fuck Bones of Eao.
Damn those are nice drops (even yours which I don't have). I two-manned it with someone last night. We got nearly identical rewards (though on different runs).

Me: Truth, crappy low-impact sniper rifle, legendary weapon engram (don't even remember what it turned into but it was crap)
Him: legendary weapon engram, crappy low-impact, high RoF machine gun, Truth.

We'd have been thrilled if any one of the 3 rewards you saw had shown up in any of our 3 runs.

totallyjem said:
I seem to do better when I play alone instead of a full team. I have no idea why but I'm thinking some of my friends are spread out across the country, but solo they just match by location ensuring a better connection maybe?
That may be part of it, but more likely when you are in a team (especially a big one), you tend to get matched up with other teams. I do WAY better solo. It also might be doing a little matchmaking based on Crucible rank (medal score or whatever). I have gotten way, way better at PvP but I still get destroyed in Trials - especially on last week's wide open map. Hopefully we go back to something more like Burning Shrine this week.

Kinda a chill day yesterday.

Finished IB on Sunday night and needed glimmer to buy some more stuff from ole Saladhead.

I was thinking of buying the arms and class item for all toons but just didn't care enough after getting my ELs.

So I just cashed in a bunch of glimmer consumables that were sitting in my vault and bought arms only. The class items do look better than the old stuff but didn't care enough to bother.

Cleaned up the last QW bounties and got into a crota group to make ensure I miss getting Black Hammer.

At least it's reset day and a fresh start.

The 32 PoE should be a cakewalk (it was pretty easy when it was 34 last week). Don't know about the 34 but kinda want to skip it for now and bust Skolas in the chops since it's s'pose to be Solar burn and release the last bit of my IB rage.
FYI if you ever want to 2 man it, I'm always down to knock out a Crota kills.

I missed the cutoff of reset by less than ONE MINUTE, because the final IB match I did took a fraking millennium to build points for some reason. Got to orbit and saw it was 2:00AM right on the button....but i guess i have a whole set of bounties for NEXT Iron Banner to turn in?

3x nightfalls ended up with Radiant Dance Machines, 11 strange coins, and a legendary engram that turned into a shitty machine gun.

Hope xur sells the new titan and/or hunter boots or boot engrams, but idk if he will ever sell boot engrams.

Saw Monte Carlo drop for someone else yet again during my first nightfall. I have probably seen it drop 50 times, but never for me. Ended up getting 2 legendary weapons which I dismantled and a Universal Remote from my nightfalls. I ran Skolas on my titan after that and got my first cipher bounty. Ran the 32 and 34 as well and now I'm waiting for Variks to get done doing whatever he does, so I can finish it off. I'll probably be trying to run Skolas again later tonight.

Thanks again for your help with that nightfall NJ - I'm down for some prisons later this week for sure.

I got a vanguard fusion, but it did have hip fire, accelerated coils, and rangefinder so I might level it up and see how it is...I'm out of space though so...it might not be long lived LOL

Wasted a ton of time trying to get another Skolas kill in with randoms. We got to him without too much trouble, but we never even came close to dropping him. Really though I should have known better than to stay after the party leader invited a titan using Atheon's and a void sniper. We had 3 gally's, so I thought we might be OK, but we never came close. My first clear today with FFLover and my buddy went so smooth. I guess this group evened things out.

bread's done
Back