Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

Well once everything is figured out, just let me know if we're doing it tonight or not... I sent a group PSN message to 7th/Langdon/Dave but haven't gotten any responses yet.

I'd join you guys but I'm off until much later tonight. If you don't do it tonight I could probably help tomorrow evening.

xxxFilthyBlazeIt420noScopeCasualAlGore2004zxxx
I think I just played him in Trials. He was a try hard final rounder. I ended up getting to the Lighthouse again and got another arc scholar.

On a different note there is some drama going on in my old clan that a lot of guys I play with regularly are still in. Some of them might be looking to join Dance Guardian Dance if we are willing to take non CAGs.

Managed to take Frosty to his first trip to the lighthouse today, congrats dude!

Had a few bumps, but managed to pull through. Subsequent attempt on alts left us a bit gimped, but we went to 8 wins for at least the gold-tier packages.

Now I just need to do it again on my Warlock for the chest piece, and I'll have 11/12 Exile armor pieces.

Forgot to mention this last night:

Matt-kudos on the stellar chat title ("the7thnumber/flying off the top rope")

still need 1 more 34 on my Titan, just for the Cipher chance, maybe tonight?

On a different note there is some drama going on in my old clan that a lot of guys I play with regularly are still in. Some of them might be looking to join Dance Guardian Dance if we are willing to take non CAGs.
I think the only real requirement is if they are cool, easy to get along with, and fun to be around. We have a couple members that dont post on CAG already.

Forgot to mention this last night:

Matt-kudos on the stellar chat title ("the7thnumber/flying off the top rope")

still need 1 more 34 on my Titan, just for the Cipher chance, maybe tonight?
Haha, I didn't even think about the Mountain Goats song. I just always make up random party chat names, and 7th used to be a big wrestling fan (like I still am).

I might be able to do a 34, but I'm set to try the 35 with Jimmy and 7th this weekend. We haven't set an exact time yet, however.

Managed to take Frosty to his first trip to the lighthouse today, congrats dude!

Had a few bumps, but managed to pull through. Subsequent attempt on alts left us a bit gimped, but we went to 8 wins for at least the gold-tier packages.

Now I just need to do it again on my Warlock for the chest piece, and I'll have 11/12 Exile armor pieces.
YEAH I DID ! :D/ ! :D/ ! :D/ !

The sun's so bright... I gotta wear shades :cool: And I didn't even get completely carried. I helped by not dying too much.

All you NON-lighthouse people are just filthy casuals ;) .

BTW, don't forget to change the clan name to...

"PhilthyCasuaaalz"

But if that's taken, use...

"Filthy TryHard Casuals"

Side Note: I was joking yesterday about people taking fresh Gally's into trials. But came across a few dudes who were doing just that. I didn't mind since I was usually able to titan smash'em during heavy round :mrgreen:

And you're right, the competition got noticeably tougher during our 2nd toon run compared to the Lighthouse run...

fuck that Alaska dude too :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
List of Top Players who earned their Gjallarhorns unlike the filthy plebs who had to buy it:

Revan

/s. I'm just interested to see how many people had gotten one drop for them before xur sold it.

Yeah i "earned" all 5 of mine. Scrubs buy gjallarhorns cos they arent good enough to get it legit!
In my day you had to earn your Gjallarhorns instead of Xur'ng them... ;)

Of course that was because I started playing during the week that Xur first sold Gally. Aaand, I was so new that I didn't know Xur was such a tease. Plus I think I had like 2 strange coins at the time. :whistle2:#

Xur's engrams kind of made up for getting just 1 exotic (my 6th Hawkmoon) in 6 raid completions this week and then 2 more repeat exotics in 3 Nightfalls.

I got Khepri's Sting from my first engram. Then I looked at the complete list of exotics to see what all I was missing. I didn't have the HoW Titan gauntlets (in addition to 2-3 other armor pieces) so I traded shit in for motes, bought an engram... and I got those Titan gauntlets! 2 for 2!

I cant even remember. I kind of wish i kept a record of when i got exotics. But how would i know back then to do that. I remember one of my first exotics was a hawkmoon from the gorgon chest in one of my first VOG raids.

YEAH I DID ! :D/ ! :D/ ! :D/ !

The sun's so bright... I gotta wear shades :cool: And I didn't even get completely carried. I helped by not dying too much.

All you NON-lighthouse people are just filthy casuals ;) .

BTW, don't forget to change the clan name to...

"PhilthyCasuaaalz"

But if that's taken, use...

"Filthy TryHard Casuals"

Side Note: I was joking yesterday about people taking fresh Gally's into trials. But came across a few dudes who were doing just that. I didn't mind since I was usually able to titan smash'em during heavy round :mrgreen:

And you're right, the competition got noticeably tougher during our 2nd toon run compared to the Lighthouse run...

fuck that Alaska dude too :bomb:
I liked the second one, so done.

Welcome to SCRB.

I only know because of that tweet I made back then.

By the way, 7th and Jimmy: I'm not sure I'll have time for Skolas tonight, and Jimmy wasn't online when I played earlier. But I'll have all of tomorrow afternoon and evening free and won't even have the dogs to attend to. So hopefully you guys can play it then.

My first Ghorn came from Xur the first time he sold it. My first ever exotic was the Sunbreakers which I also bought from Xur. As for actual dropped exotics the Warlock skull helmet was my first dropped armor which I got from a purple engram that dropped in the OG loot cave and for dropped weapon I think it was when I got my first Monte Carlo which I got from the Gorgon chest during our first ever VoG run.

My first exotic weapon (first exotic period) was also Monte Carlo. It dropped as a Crucible reward. I have no idea how anybody had enough coins to buy Gjalparhorn back when the game had only been out for a week and a half.

I don't remember how I had enough coins either I just remember blindly buying it despite being more of a machine gun type of guy and not really caring for it at first. It wasn't, of course, until after I unlocked the Wolfpack rounds when I realized it's true awesomeness.

EDIT: Bungie should release some type of app that shows your entire history of dropped items including stuff bought from Xur. You know they have all that info in their database and it'd be really cool to just entire your PSN/XBL name and see that info.

Memory lane....

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/511923666917933057

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/512635151063343104

https://twitter.com/The7thNumber/status/515998943642017794

For some reason my tweet about getting my first legendary (void Swam machine gun) isnt showing up.

Man seeing that raid tweet makes me wish i kept my very first guardian. :(

I played a bunch of patrol today...it was patroltastic. I got my third dead orbit shader too, I think now I only need hanged man?
Thats the only one i need.

Also leveled up a 2nd necrochasm. I dont know why its arc if the gun has flames coming out of it.

I remember my first exotic weapon was plan c (which I love) that I bought from xur... My first exotic drop I don't remember I remember that I had really bad luck with exotic drops... I think it was the mithoclast

I was working on my second nekrochizza while I was on the moon as well...I just do that kind of stuff while I'm there...You are like this is happening now and you go kill 500 hive. That is why you are done with everything and I still need to find two chests...and many many ghosts.

First was Ice Breaker.  Got it 3 or 4 days after the game came out after coming in last in crucible.  Unreal haha.  Then bought Sunbreakers from Xur.  I don't really remember much of my history after that.

Working on Nek row cha zam right now.  All I need is the Crux at this point.  Ugh.

I wonder if they will improve the stats or release new items for trials with the expansion so that people will keep wanting to play it. I dont know if I'm competitive enough to getgudscrub or not.

Because I'm not back yet. I don't think I'll have Destiny and all the updates downloaded tomorrow before the reset. All depends on what time I pick up the PS4 which as of right now is looking like in the afternoon.

bread's done
Back