Destiny (PS3/PS4) Official Thread

I can help if you see me on past 8 pm central. I havent been playing much of Destiny the past month but I still want to hit level 50 DTR for trials and I like the game mode.

Hey i had to look up dtr...I have 27 and it says high skill...I think they are lying.

edit: ROFLMAO I looked it up for my trials um...career...1 - probably because i've only played for a couple hours...where I've got like 4 days of IB...

Last edited by a moderator:
Until I'm finally back lol.
"ArJay's coming, hide the wenches!"

Played some Crucible last night, to me this is where this game shines (when there is no lag of course). Starting using my sniper more and more, and still have ways to go, but man I had a lot of fun and managed to stay on 1.8 K/D on all games. Seems there are tons of newbies and kids playing, got a couple of "You think you good f@g? stop using your (whatever gun)" messages followed by me dancing and t-bagging on the next game.

Note: I don't use the Thorn so they couldn't comment on that. How's that DTR calculated? I went from 16 to 28...high skill my butt, I'm OK at best

If it's been mentioned, then I'm sorry. Has is been confirmed that all content is on the disc? Or will the Expansions be DLC codes?

Edit: Nevermind....found the answer in the reddit link a couple pages back. Thanks!

Just checked my DTR and I'm at 30... yeah right :rofl:

I've never understood how they calculate it, but just looking around the site I noticed that my score seems to have really jumped in the last 2 months.  Probably because that's when I really started playing PvP more consistently.

They also have DTR's for other modes:

Iron Banner = 25

Trials = 19

Elimination = 8 (I played that for the first time this weekend)

Free for All & Doubles Skirmish =1 each (don't think I've played either mode yet)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Made a 2nd Lighthouse trip this weekend (Hunter) and almost had a 3rd trip (Warlock), but the wheels fell off on that passage.

We started off with a loss and instead of burning the card we kept going  just to get more practice.  Well we went on a 5 win streak. Since we still hadn't used the double-win boon, we went to pick it up.  That was the end of Flawless... got paired up with a really tough team and got down by a lot.  Almost made a come back but not good enough.

Get the boon again and lose again.  Finally say screw it and pass on the boon only to win... Gotta love it.

I do hate leaving matchmaking when we're on a roll like that.  It's like we're asking for trouble. :lol:

Anyone else see this:

20393811389_7846c592f1_b.jpg

OMG... Personally like the controller the most.  One of the few times I'd pick up a controller just for the looks (Tron being the other).  The bundle also comes with 4 other SW games besides Battlefront.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/16/star-wars-ps4-bundles/

BTW, this IS Destiny related because it involves space & ships & stuff, and... it plays Destiny

Anyone else see this:
20393811389_7846c592f1_b.jpg

OMG... Personally like the controller the most. One of the few times I'd pick up a controller just for the looks (Tron being the other). The bundle also comes with 4 other SW games besides Battlefront.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/08/16/star-wars-ps4-bundles/

BTW, this IS Destiny related because it involves space & ships & stuff, and... it plays Destiny
Lol yeah I saw it last night. I think it all looks awesome and if I had the extra money I would probably buy it, but that is because of the Star Wars fan in me lol.

Sheesh, doing Skirmish with randoms is so mentally draining. I had to switch to Thorn to make up for my teammates lack of kills! Back to New Vegas.

Trials is the most bi-polar experience ever.

Some games you're riding high, maybe winning by the skin of your teeth, but feeling good.

Then you lose, and half the time it feels like it's totally out of your hands. Lag, UI problems, enemies who are invincible, and trip-mines that register damage as "immune".

Second night in a row I've received pre-game heckling messages thru PSN.

Trials is the most bi-polar experience ever.

Some games you're riding high, maybe winning by the skin of your teeth, but feeling good.

Then you lose, and half the time it feels like it's totally out of your hands. Lag, UI problems, enemies who are invincible, and trip-mines that register damage as "immune".

Second night in a row I've received pre-game heckling messages thru PSN.
You've pretty much summed up my Trials experience to a tee.

When it works, Trials is a really fun experience. Unfortunately, Trials generally doesn't work right....

Wait...since when is Super Star Wars on Psn??? that SNES game was my jam.

Yeah the R2 console 360 did was way better. That vader art sucks...looks like fan art.

I did like 2 hours of strikes just chillin before bed and got two dry rots and a hopscotch :)

Also...finally got one of my gjally's up to where it has wolfpacks...bosses go bye bye.

Did crucible last night, seriously wtf is up with people? I think we won one of two games and as much saw we tried, teammates with .3 or .6 K/D ratio were dragging the whole thing down. A couple of good matches, but overall horrible

Did 2 Nightfalls before work.

Dragon's Breath

Truth

Just need the Gjallarhorn to complete the trifecta.

I never realized that Nathan Fillion did voice acting for destiny haha definitely excited to see the stream even though I will be at work

anyone else pause constantly and rewind...especially on the exotic weapons blueprints
I think I paused at almost every screen, but I did look the longest at the questing page and exotic blueprints. Fascinating stuff.

I haven't picked up The Taken King yet, but after tomorrow I might have no choice.

Yeah, you're right.  I'm seeing Hawkmoon, Monte, Bad Juju up there.

Maybe it's just placeholder artwork?

That would be cool
I like the collection elements

TTK is really shaping up. I've always loved the core game and it seems like they are really elevating everything else

What can they really do with blink though? My guess is they'll decrease the distance on it or have a stricter cooldown on it so you can't use it twice in a row.

S'pose they could also lock you into a slightly longer blink animation so you can't ADS as quickly.  Combine that with the  shotgun range nerf and you cut down on blink-shotgunners who snipe one player from mid-air and then take out another on the landing.  Then they repeat it again to effectively wipe out your team.

The good players will adapt to new tactics but it should reduce the number of players who could only blink-shotgun. But hey, just have to wait until they clarify how they'll nerf it.

Dylan can not raid tonight and I will most like not be able to either. Can 2 people sub in that can keep things moving? I may be able to, give it a 20% chance. Next week Dylan can't either because school starts. I will need to see what his school load is like before giving the ok to raid 2-4 hours. It's his senior year and his in the top 3% of his class. Can't let him fuck that up.

They should add a trailing light to where the blink is going. It would make it so you don't have to make a 360 degree panorama just to find the blinking shot gunner.

Dylan can not raid tonight and I will most like not be able to either. Can 2 people sub in that can keep things moving? I may be able to, give it a 20% chance. Next week Dylan can't either because school starts. I will need to see what his school load is like before giving the ok to raid 2-4 hours. It's his senior year and his in the top 3% of his class. Can't let him fuck that up.
I can help out, I'll be on around 8 EST. I thought you were going to say "before giving the ok to NOT raid 2-4 hours."

Im going to be ready when TTK drops.

Bounties

I have iron wrath on all characters, 10k xp. Also one of the queen bounties on the moon is worth 5,500 xp. The rest i will load up on 5k bounties from eris, vanguard, crucible bounties. Unless Iron Banner comes back, then i might load up on those, so i can do a few more bounties after TTK comes out since it looks like we will be able to carry 16 total. Six extra slots before i cash them in using my red bull xp bonus.

Public Event Packages

Im up to about 15 on each character, do this everyday. Supposed to give XP when opening them.

Faction Packages

Im going to level up FWC, Dead Orbit, New Monarchy, Crucible, and Vanguard rep up to a sliver. So when TTK comes out i can level them up easy and get to open three to four packages per character. My Titan is already high level of NM and DO. Hunter high level of FWC and NM. Warlock only has a good level of DO. He only has vanguard rank 1 and crucible close to 1. Will have to work on him. But this may give me a good way to get new weapons and armor.

Cryptarch (Added thanks Cartslave)

Going to try to get him as close to next level as possible on all three characters.

$20 DLC

I might buy that 20 dollar dlc that gives me the class items that give me XP bonus, shaders, and emotes.

So is this all crazy? Is it worth doing all this? I dont know how far these bounties, packages, etc will level up my new subclasses. Either way IM EXCITED FOR TTK!

* If im missing anything that would level up my character or get me rewards, let me know!

Less than an hour to the twitch stream :joystick: .

So far I've only been saving my glimmer consumables; even have an amethyst.  I'll probably save a few bounties once we get closer to release.  And I've been trying to leave any legendary weapons that land in my postmaster right where they landed (just in case they do help ascend other weapons).

That's more than enough space. Especially since you don't have to keep exotics on hand if you're not using them. I have a bunch of exotics I just keep, now I can trash those (or feed them to other weapons) instead of holding on to them.

bread's done
Back